Apprentice Program - "Round Fourty Six" - Zone C (6 AM - 2 PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to "Round" 46 of the newly re-designed Battling 101 Program.

This thread only applies to people in the Timeslot 6 AM - 2 PM. This timeslot is in GMT -5 time. If you are active during these times, this is the thread for you.

Here is how the program will work:
  • There are X tutors available
  • When this thread is posted, and people start signing up, the first X people will be assigned to a tutor in that Timeslot that handles the desired tier.
  • The rest of the people (# of posters - X) will start filling the queue. Obviously, since there will be three threads, there are three queues. Obviously, there will be 9 queues.
  • When a tutor finishes tutoring his/her tutee, or the tutee becomes inactive, the tutor moves on and picks the next person in their queue that wants to learn their tier.
  • If the queue is too full, signups will be closed for a short amount of time.
  • If you don't want to get tutored anymore, feel free to delete your post. If a tutor sees that you have not been online in over five days, you'll be skipped.
  • Note: Tutors should not teach their student for more than three weeks.
Tutees are required to send in evaluations. These are vital in judging how the tutors do.

Please fill out this application and post it:

Username:
Your timezone:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

For now, there is no tutee tournament, that may return in the future along with other changes.

IMPORTANT:
YOU MUST HAVE OVER 15 POSTS ON AT LEAST 10 SEPARATE DAYS TO PARTICIPATE. Additionally, you MUST be able to use Shoddy Battle.

Assignments:

OU:

Malfunction - Setsuna
Minato - Fitzy72, mohaji

UU:
N/A

Ubers:
Ace Matador: TONY MONTANA, Flamewheeler (Zone A)

ASSIGNED TO MINATO

Username: fitzy72
Shoddy UsernamefitzyONM
Timezone: GMT
What tier do you want to learn: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well i'm a ordinary british 13 year old boy, who has an obbsesion with gaming and football. I support Wigan Athletic FC and have a season ticket. I play every tier in pokemon, but have always loved OU. In OU I have tried every team style and find that offensive is my best. I have been playing pokemon competetivly for 3/4 of a year

Assigned to Ace Matador

Username
: TONY MONTANA (Known as Bananasplit)
Shoddy Username: TONY MONTANA, TonyM, TonyM_Testing, and some other
Your timezone: GMT+1
What tier do you want to learn?: UBER, OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 16 years old guy. I live in Germany. Im pretty good at Ou and Uu, but I want to learn more about the Uber Metagame. I was often on the ladderboard in uu, ou, suspect and uber (with luck lol)

Assigned to Minato

Username:
mohaji
Shoddy Username: mohaji
Your timezone: GMT +1 (Germany)
What tier do you want to learn?: OU (especially teambuilding), also UU would be an alternative
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I'm mohaji, I'm 15 years old and I live in Germany. I started competitive battling the beginn of the year 2009.

Username: Nauar
Shoddy Username: Nauar/PurpleMuk
What tier do you want to learn?: OU (especially teambuilding and longtherm thinking ) and if we have enough time I'd like to learn a bit Uber, too.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm interresting in languages (especially latin and spanish) and math. My hobbies are playing football (soccer) and games, meeting friends and generally having fun.
I'm playing competitive pokemon for 2 years now and I think im quite good. But I need help with bulding teams because I haven't built team yet which was succesful for more than one month.

Shoddy Battle nick: unrealportal
Time zone: EST – GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5pm-9pm
Experience level: Played some, have a few somewhat-good teams.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: On a lot, I love this place. Wi-fi is my home, but I am branching out. I'm usually on each day. Dinner will get in the way, and sometimes I will arrive late due to school stuff. No AIM (yet)

Username: Califa
Shoddy Username: Divine Menace
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively since early DP but I rusted continously as the tier was being changed after the new releases. Just a random girl who would like to know more about competitive battling.

Username: Yehom
Shoddy Username: Yehom
Tell us a little about yourself: I have played Pokemon since I was 8 years old. Gold was at that time the game I played. Since then I have played Ruby and now Platinum. I have been playing competitvely on Shoddy since about 6 months. I have been in this apprentice program before, but I didn't really feel that my tutor was there to help me a lot. Mainly because he wasn't really online that much. So I hope I can join the program again after this redesign

Username: Sceats
Shoddy Username: Sceats.
Your timezone: GMT+11
What tier do you want to learn?:UU, emphasising on team building
Tell us a little about yourself: Ive been playing competetively for a little over a year now. I am an aussie and am interested in bball, smash bros, hanging out with friends and obviously pokemon. I am now on school holidays and am available at pretty much whatever time. I also have MSN and IRC.

I was one of the many to start playing uu when the merge between uu and bl happened but stopped just before the first suspect test. I would like help getting back into the tier.

Username: Mountain Dewgong
Shoddy Username: Mountain Dewgong
Your timezone:GMT +12
What tier do you want to learn?: UU or Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in New Zealand, and I'm a reasonable OU player and I'm looking to expand my knowledge into the lesser used tiers. I'm currently on vacation from school, so I have quite a bit of free time right now. :)

Username:MetaGross66
Shoddy Username:Clam/Arcanus and more, but these are my main ones.
Your timezone:EST
What tier do you want to learn?:OU because I'm most familiar with it.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been at Smogon for about 2 years and have been inactive for a while, but I plan to change that. I started playing pokemon and became interested in it after playing Pokemon Red. Then, I stumbled upon this community and eventually competitive battling which I taught myself through various guides. I figured now would be a proper time to get some proper lessons having missed the other tutoring programs.

Username: GAK
Shoddy Username: GAK
Your timezone: CST [GMT -6]
What tier do you want to learn?: OU (and Ubers if I can choose two)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon since they first came out many moons ago. I started competitive play about a year and a half ago, about when I joined Smogon, maybe a bit before. I know the basics of the game, but I need to get more in depth to become "pro" at this. I live in Southern Indiana, I don't mind sharing that much. I'm a sophomore in high school. I'm pretty smart, but I don't apply myself so I get average grades.

I hope I can still get a tutor. :)

Username: Zangetsu
Shoddy Username: .Zangetsu
Your timezone: CST (GMT-6)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played Pokemon since G/S/C, quit after FR/LG, then came back and got addicted. I try to team build, but they almost always fail and lack synergy. I know all the basics and can play fairly well, but I still have a long way to go.

Username:Curtains
Shoddy Username:Curtains
Your timezone:GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Ive been playing since pokemon crystal very interested in learning stall. I think ima good team builder but i have trouble battling.I am very nice and will not be rude and annoying and i love attention to detail.

Username:fishan dpokemon
Shoddy Username:fishandpokemon
Your timezone:EST
What tier do you want to learn?:NU,UU
Tell us a little about yourself: i love pokemon and breeding for perfect iv

Username:pheano
Shoddy Username:pheano
Your timezone:idk im on the computer so much it doesnt mater i can get on at any time
What tier do you want to learn?: ou and vgc rules
Tell us a little about yourself:been playing since i was given crystal by my cousin and i finaly want to play competatively since i dont play yugioh anymore
i hate hax, even when i do them

Username: DarkCyberElf
Shoddy Username: DarkCyberElf
Your timezone: GMT+0
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I have played Pokemon since I was 5 (so, 11 years), and I have played competitively on Shoddy for about a year. I am pretty adept at knowing what to expect as goes sets, etc., but I am second rate when it comes to team building.

Username:Javier5109
Shoddy Username:Javier5109
Your timezone:gmt-5
What tier do you want to learn?:ou
Tell us a little about yourself:well i dont know what to say except i like achieving things that are hard for me... this is why i want to become one of the best at Pokemon that is why im signing up hopefully to get alot better then i am know. I have played on shoddy a few times in the past. But i like battling on my ds since its alot better but since i want to get better i will have to get acustomed to playing on shoddy

Username: Cut The Crap
Shoddy Username: Cut The Crap
Your timezone: GMT +1
What tier do you want to learn?: OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself:I have been playing shoddy for a while. But I quit 5-6 months ago. Now I started playing again but I totally play/feel out of the loop.
Therefor I wanted to sign-up in the hopes of getting back into this , using my outdated sets that I have now.

Username:Cayr
Shoddy Username:MixNite
Your timezone:GMT-4
What tier do you want to learn?:Ubers wanna try it
Tell us a little about yourself:well im venezuelan and i´ve in competitive battling(on shoddy) for about 2 years now and all i play is uu and ou, wanna try out ubers tough...

Username: Delko
Shoddy Username: Delko
Your timezone: GMT +1
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 18 year old guy living in Belgium. I'm not a n00b at battling but I feel like my skills in Ubers could be improved. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)