1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Apprentice Program: Round Seven

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Aeolus, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProffessorMM

ProffessorMM

Netbattle nick: MasterMilotic
    Time zone: GMT -5
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 8:00AM-3:00PM
    Experience level*: Intermediate
    A little about myself: I like to learn a lot. I have been netbattling for some time- but i'd like to get a lot better at advance in this tutor program.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance OU, UU and UBER.
  2. Cepheus

Cepheus

Netbattle nick: Cepheus
    Regular Online Hours: 2:30-4:00PM
    Time zone: Pacific
    Experience level*: Newbie
    A little about myself: I have been poor at team building for a couple of months now and I would like to improve on that. I have been netbatteling for about 2 months now and I am not very pleased with my rating. So please help me...
    Generation(s) I want to learn: RSE, Team Building, Predictions, and Natures.
  3. Azure

Azure

Netbattle nick: Azure
    Regular Online hours - 1.00pm - 8.00pm (In holidays)
    7.00pm -9.00pm (School days)
    Time zone: GMT (UK)
    Experience level*: getting there!

A little about myself: I have been playing pokemon games since they first came out, now i need to take battling more seriously due to the upcoming pearl and diamond and i felt that coming here would be my best bet, because i am unsure about team building and what Ev's to give certain pokemon etc.

Generation(s) I want to learn: All, if possible, to create the ultimate team.
  4. sanjay120

sanjay120

Oo

Im not the best battler, but I know the basics of the adv metagame, and if anyone can't find a tutor, I'd be willing to help in any way I can...
  5. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Casper has yet to contact me. I may need a new apprentice...
  6. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Go ahead an PM me next time there is a problem Steelicks. All I ask is that you send Casper a PM...and if he doesn't respond, his loss. If you wish to select someone else, let me know.
  7. Master Sunny-EX

Master Sunny-EX

Netbattle nick: Sunny or any variation of Sunny
    Time zone: GMT+5:30
    Regular Online Hours: about 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM in IST
    Experience level*: Intermidiate
    A little about myself: I'd Like to learn how to Play Better
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU/UU

8. da gold sun

da gold sun

Netbattle nick: Da Gold Sun
    Time zone: EDT currently
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): in summer, ususally from 11:00 AM-3:00 PM , but once school starts, probably from 4:45 PM-6:00 PM. But dont worry school wont start until the end of August.
    Experience level*: playing for 5-8 months.
    A little about myself: I have had NB since 1/1/06 and i belive I have a decnet amount of experience. I need to learn to use more pokemon and to be more unpredictable.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU/ADV UU

Edit: I found out that where i am is EDT, so its fine now.
  9. Metabolic

Metabolic

Eastern Daylight Time

ok
  10. minotaur

minotaur

Netbattle nick: Minotaur
    Time zone: EST
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): in summer 10am-4pm or 11pm-1am
    Experience level*: playing for 5-8 months.
    A little about myself: I am familiar with basically everything in ADV OU, but my battling tactics never seem to work. A tutor would help tremendously.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU
  11. da gold sun

da gold sun

thanks Metabolic; ill edit my post.
  12. Kater

Kater

Netbattle Nick: Kater
    Time Zone: EDT
    Regular hours online: After 4:00 PM on weekdays and all day on weekends
    Experince Level: Advanced battler, play a lot. Been playing Pokemon for 7- 8 years.
    A Little about myself: I'm an ex-nsider and an ex- BMG'er so i have lots of experince from different Pokemon group. I am currently Pokemon and DS rep for nintendo fansite www.gonintendo.com. What I want to learn: All styles of netbattling to improve my skill since im already very well down with Pokemon batteliing, i figure Smogons my final step to finish what ive been aiming for. (Technically im an advanced battler that needs to learn how to netbattle)
  13. Josh

Josh

Netbattle nick: Josh_N
    Time zone: GMT + 1
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): not sure
    Experience level*: total begginer
    A little about myself:
    Generation(s) I want to learn: all

Latinoheat said he would mentor me
  14. Alyoyo

Alyoyo

Oh what the hey....

Netbattle nick: kjt2904

Time zone: Whatever United States EST is..
    Regular Online Hours: Whenever, just contact me on AIM, longlivethekman.
    Experience level*: Intermediate/Somewhat skilled
    A little about myself: I just need to get the hang of the GB Advance Pokes...I was a vet on GameFAQS on the GS Boards a few years ago, a discussion on another message board about Pokemon rekindled the flame, and I found NetBattle and have been battling for the past week, with somewhat alright results.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: Mostly Advance and new moves/strategies/team building

Thanks in advance.
  15. Lemony

Lemony

Netbattle nick: anything with Lemon in it is me

Time zone:GMT
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 11pm-5am and 1pm-5pm
    Experience level*:I have been playing net battle for about a month I have played pokemon scince R/B/Y i think i am decent at battling
    A little about myself:I love foot ball and pokemon
    Generation(s) I want to learn: everything about advanced
  16. arthurmauk

arthurmauk

I saw this thread 2 days ago and was wondering if I should post in this round or wait for the next round to start. Then I saw that you might get priority if you post in here before the next round starts. So, yeah...

Netbattle nick: arthurmauk
    Time zone: GMT (BST in London atm)
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 7am - 7pm since it's summer holidays, so I'm pretty flexible whenever you want to teach me.
    Experience level*: I never played competitively during RBY and GSC, but I got into Netbattle three weeks ago and have been playing quite a bit. I've read lots of guides so I know the basics, but still need polishing with prediction, teambuilding, EV setting, etc.
    A little about myself: I like Magic, video gaming, Pokemon. I'm a quick learner.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance OU, maybe a little UU if we finish the course quickly.
  17. cameron5dollars

cameron5dollars

Netbattle nick: pokemaniac Bob
    Time zone: EST
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 12-3 pm
    Experience level*: Played Crystal fo about 3 years, LG about a year, just gost Emerald, into Netbattle for 3 weeks but not good
    A little about myself: Sports Fanatic
    Generation(s) I want to learn: All if possible, but mainly GSC, RSE, and netbattle (if that counts)
  18. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Thanks to everyone that participated! If you signed up but did not receive a tutor, I invite you to enter your name again by posting in the Round 8 thread. Thanks for another great round guys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)