1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Apprentice Program: Round Seven

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Aeolus, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProffessorMM

ProffessorMM

Netbattle nick: MasterMilotic
    Time zone: GMT -5
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 8:00AM-3:00PM
    Experience level*: Intermediate
    A little about myself: I like to learn a lot. I have been netbattling for some time- but i'd like to get a lot better at advance in this tutor program.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance OU, UU and UBER.
  2. Cepheus

Cepheus

Netbattle nick: Cepheus
    Regular Online Hours: 2:30-4:00PM
    Time zone: Pacific
    Experience level*: Newbie
    A little about myself: I have been poor at team building for a couple of months now and I would like to improve on that. I have been netbatteling for about 2 months now and I am not very pleased with my rating. So please help me...
    Generation(s) I want to learn: RSE, Team Building, Predictions, and Natures.
  3. Azure

Azure

Netbattle nick: Azure
    Regular Online hours - 1.00pm - 8.00pm (In holidays)
    7.00pm -9.00pm (School days)
    Time zone: GMT (UK)
    Experience level*: getting there!

A little about myself: I have been playing pokemon games since they first came out, now i need to take battling more seriously due to the upcoming pearl and diamond and i felt that coming here would be my best bet, because i am unsure about team building and what Ev's to give certain pokemon etc.

Generation(s) I want to learn: All, if possible, to create the ultimate team.
  4. sanjay120

sanjay120

Oo

Im not the best battler, but I know the basics of the adv metagame, and if anyone can't find a tutor, I'd be willing to help in any way I can...
  5. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Casper has yet to contact me. I may need a new apprentice...
  6. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Go ahead an PM me next time there is a problem Steelicks. All I ask is that you send Casper a PM...and if he doesn't respond, his loss. If you wish to select someone else, let me know.
  7. Master Sunny-EX

Master Sunny-EX

Netbattle nick: Sunny or any variation of Sunny
    Time zone: GMT+5:30
    Regular Online Hours: about 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM in IST
    Experience level*: Intermidiate
    A little about myself: I'd Like to learn how to Play Better
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU/UU

8. da gold sun

da gold sun

Netbattle nick: Da Gold Sun
    Time zone: EDT currently
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): in summer, ususally from 11:00 AM-3:00 PM , but once school starts, probably from 4:45 PM-6:00 PM. But dont worry school wont start until the end of August.
    Experience level*: playing for 5-8 months.
    A little about myself: I have had NB since 1/1/06 and i belive I have a decnet amount of experience. I need to learn to use more pokemon and to be more unpredictable.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU/ADV UU

Edit: I found out that where i am is EDT, so its fine now.
  9. Metabolic

Metabolic

Eastern Daylight Time

ok
  10. minotaur

minotaur

Netbattle nick: Minotaur
    Time zone: EST
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): in summer 10am-4pm or 11pm-1am
    Experience level*: playing for 5-8 months.
    A little about myself: I am familiar with basically everything in ADV OU, but my battling tactics never seem to work. A tutor would help tremendously.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU
  11. da gold sun

da gold sun

thanks Metabolic; ill edit my post.
  12. Kater

Kater

Netbattle Nick: Kater
    Time Zone: EDT
    Regular hours online: After 4:00 PM on weekdays and all day on weekends
    Experince Level: Advanced battler, play a lot. Been playing Pokemon for 7- 8 years.
    A Little about myself: I'm an ex-nsider and an ex- BMG'er so i have lots of experince from different Pokemon group. I am currently Pokemon and DS rep for nintendo fansite www.gonintendo.com. What I want to learn: All styles of netbattling to improve my skill since im already very well down with Pokemon batteliing, i figure Smogons my final step to finish what ive been aiming for. (Technically im an advanced battler that needs to learn how to netbattle)
  13. Josh

Josh

Netbattle nick: Josh_N
    Time zone: GMT + 1
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): not sure
    Experience level*: total begginer
    A little about myself:
    Generation(s) I want to learn: all

Latinoheat said he would mentor me
  14. Alyoyo

Alyoyo

Oh what the hey....

Netbattle nick: kjt2904

Time zone: Whatever United States EST is..
    Regular Online Hours: Whenever, just contact me on AIM, longlivethekman.
    Experience level*: Intermediate/Somewhat skilled
    A little about myself: I just need to get the hang of the GB Advance Pokes...I was a vet on GameFAQS on the GS Boards a few years ago, a discussion on another message board about Pokemon rekindled the flame, and I found NetBattle and have been battling for the past week, with somewhat alright results.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: Mostly Advance and new moves/strategies/team building

Thanks in advance.
  15. Lemony

Lemony

Netbattle nick: anything with Lemon in it is me

Time zone:GMT
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 11pm-5am and 1pm-5pm
    Experience level*:I have been playing net battle for about a month I have played pokemon scince R/B/Y i think i am decent at battling
    A little about myself:I love foot ball and pokemon
    Generation(s) I want to learn: everything about advanced
  16. arthurmauk

arthurmauk

I saw this thread 2 days ago and was wondering if I should post in this round or wait for the next round to start. Then I saw that you might get priority if you post in here before the next round starts. So, yeah...

Netbattle nick: arthurmauk
    Time zone: GMT (BST in London atm)
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 7am - 7pm since it's summer holidays, so I'm pretty flexible whenever you want to teach me.
    Experience level*: I never played competitively during RBY and GSC, but I got into Netbattle three weeks ago and have been playing quite a bit. I've read lots of guides so I know the basics, but still need polishing with prediction, teambuilding, EV setting, etc.
    A little about myself: I like Magic, video gaming, Pokemon. I'm a quick learner.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance OU, maybe a little UU if we finish the course quickly.
  17. cameron5dollars

cameron5dollars

Netbattle nick: pokemaniac Bob
    Time zone: EST
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 12-3 pm
    Experience level*: Played Crystal fo about 3 years, LG about a year, just gost Emerald, into Netbattle for 3 weeks but not good
    A little about myself: Sports Fanatic
    Generation(s) I want to learn: All if possible, but mainly GSC, RSE, and netbattle (if that counts)
  18. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Thanks to everyone that participated! If you signed up but did not receive a tutor, I invite you to enter your name again by posting in the Round 8 thread. Thanks for another great round guys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)