Apprentice Program: Round Sixteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Sixteen of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 3 weeks ending on March 4th. I've decided to make this round a week longer to facilitate a more in-depth learning experience. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Available tutors:

Acura, Aeolus, Aeroblacktyl, Anomalous, Giga Punch, Green Pikachu, Groudon80, Floppy, Holyknight, husk, Jackal, Judgement, Jumpman16, Kongler, latinoheat, Mekkah, Mystica, Nate, Roy, Sir Chris, skarm, Steelicks, Warthog, Who Knows, Yosuke, zerowing, zfs

****IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

****CHECK YOUR POST TO SEE WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. I WILL EDIT IT TO SHOW WHO YOU GOT.

Mekkah

Netbattle nick: Adam-WS
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Mon-Fri - 1PM-5PM
Weekends - 10AM-4PM
Experience level*: Lower Intermediate
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn: All

Giga Punch

Netbattle nick: DaEvilWithin
Time Zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours: Saturday 12:30 p.m- 11:30 p.m Sunday: all day
Experience level: noob
Generation: Advanced and D/P

Sir Chris

Netbattle nick: waterbear
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): ~5-10 weekdays, virtually all day on weekends
Experience level*: Somewhere between noob and decent
A little about myself: I already know enough about RBY and RS, but GSC is something I'd like to learn.
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC (OU)

Floppy

Nebattle nick: warcrack or linkisgreen
Online Hours: usually after 5, 8-10ish on weekends
Exp level: I've been here for awhile, but i still have much to learn; mostly prediction/opponent analysis is my weak point.
Gens: rse OU
A little about myself: My second favorite pokemon is dragonite. I'm an awful poster.

Green Pikachu

Netbattle nick: PR3DAT
Time zone: gmt +1
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 13:00 to 15:30 and a bit more on weekdays, away all the day on Wednesday.
Experience level*:A little about myself: I have the basics but need to learn the old metagames.
Generation(s) I want to learn: intesive RBY OU and GSC OU.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Jackal

Netbattle nick:
WER
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 4PM-6PM, 7PM-12AM weekdays
Experience level*: I know what I'm doing, for the most part, but I need refinement. I need a little extra push to get to the level of expert.
A little about myself: I was recently named a moderator on another site where the kids don't know much about Pokemon, and I'd like to help them figure out what to do.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV Uber, OU, UU, and NU.

I sent a PM to the tutor that was assigned to me last time (Yosuke), but he never replied and I never saw him on NB.

Acura http://www.smogon.com/forums/../community/member.php?u=26

Netbattle nick:
Doman
Time zone: CST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!): 6-11 PM on weekdays, most anytime in the daylight hours on weekends
Experience level*: I've been tinkering around with teams on my own on NetBattle, but I'm still new to this level of depth. In other words, I've explored a bit, but I haven't gotten myself anywhere solid. heh.
A little about myself: I'm slow to get angry and care more about the intensity of the battle than the outcome. Try not to groan too much from my puns, they can be pretty bad. :D
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance in general, mostly UU and a little OU

Warthog http://www.smogon.com/forums/../community/member.php?u=26

Netbattle nick: Jeeves
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (in EDT/EST): I can generally be online every night from midnight to 5:30 AM EST. If need be I could get online about an hour earlier.
Experience level: Pretty minimal. I've really never played Pokemon against humans before. I've read some of the articles on the site but I lack actual experience and often still have problems remembering what types are weak or resistant to what.
A little about myself: I'm going to require some patience, as I tend to take my time with everything. I want to get better so that I can be competitive on WiFi, and because of that I'd like to kind of stay away from using things I really won't be able to make use of in the game, such as Celebi and Hidden Power moves.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance OU/BL

Edit: If it's not too late, I'd like to add that if it's a big problem, I may be able to log on even sooner than 11. I say this because, unless I missed someone (which I very well may have), I haven't seen a tutor with similar online hours to mine. However if possible I'd like to keep it close to the above listed hours.

Kongler http://www.smogon.com/forums/../community/member.php?u=26

Netbattle nick:
GSC Elite
Time zone: Asian Pacific, Singapore
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Usually 8-10pm at nights. Sometimes 2-6pm in the afternoons. Will try to coincide with my tutor's time.
Experience level*: Intermediate level, enough to stage a good battle, but still passive in offensive in battle. Often resulting in 200+ turns battles.
A little about myself: Promoted to Singapore GSC International Master in 2004. Led the Pokemon Tribunal 4, Singapore Tourney team. Now championing the Singapore GSC League of Grand Finale. Proven to be the best in Singapore, but still has a long way to go before reaching Netbattle's true standards.
Generation(s) I want to learn: GSC OU/Standard, especially prediction, team coordination, offensive defense and breaking stalls.

skarm http://www.smogon.com/forums/../community/member.php?u=26

Netbattle nick: Little Green Yoda
Time zone: Pacific Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 3-6 PM, sometimes midnight to 3 AM as well
Experience level*: I'd like to think I'm a halfway decent player at ADV OU. I've played competitive Pokemon for about a year, on and off.
A little about myself: I have a Bachelor's degree in molecular biology and I'm applying for a Master's program currently.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Primarily ADV ubers

Anomalous http://www.smogon.com/forums/../community/member.php?u=26

Netbattle nick: Ekul Yena
Time Zone: Greenwich Meridian Time
Regular Online hours: 11:00 to 14:00 in EDT, I think...
Experience level: I'm fair at battling, I think. I can predict mediocrely, and have what I think is an OK team. I just need some general advice, really...
A little about myself: I've been lurking around smogon as a guest for a while now; I think I'd like to be more actively involved in the community.
Generations I want to learn: R/B/Y OU, R/S/E OU

Judgement

netbattle nick:The jolly kingdra
Time zone:GMT
regualr online hours:12pm to 2.30pm in EDT!!
experience level: bad,I am alright at predicting.But horseshit at ev's,and need a lot of help with team building,I am the worlds worst at team building
A little about myself:I can't seem to see what makes a good team
Generations I want to learn:Full advance OU

BTW Will I meet them on NB and they will teach me how to battle,is that how it works??

Groudon80 http://www.smogon.com/forums/../community/member.php?u=26

Netbattle nick:
Butterflies013
Time zone: East European Time
Regular Online Hours(in EDT!!!): hard to tell in EDT, but usually I am online for quite a long time. In my time it's from 15-16 till 22. Twice or thrice a week (depends) I have my figure skating training so then i am off for two hours. I can be long on on weekends, of there's lack of time inside the week. The time thing is something i can compromise and i'd rather discuss that with the tutor personally =P
Experience level*: Well, I won't call myself a dummy in here, lol. I do have quite much of the understanding, but teambuilding and battling in general is what I think would be nice to get tutored
A little about myself: I can learn stuff quite quickly =P
Generation(s) I want to learn: All, if possible, because I play all generations time to time. If not possible, then it'll be Advanced OU

Roy http://www.smogon.com/forums/../community/member.php?u=3967

Netbattle nick: Jonno McPot
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): I suppose weekdays from about 10am (EDT) until about 5pm is the best bet, I can possibly be flexible though.
Experience level*: I'm starting from scratch, like, pretty much competely. I tried making a team and got thrashed, I really need help with pretty much everything! ^^; So I guess some patience is in order. I know the game will change for D/P but hopefully some practice in the current gen will lead into it smoothly.
A little about myself: i don't know what to say really. I've never done any (beside like three matches) competetive battling.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU and possibly dabbling in UU if it works out well.

zerowing http://www.smogon.com/forums/../community/member.php?u=17

Netbattle nick: Deltran
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 2:00am-10:00
Experience level*: I played pokemon when i was younger and remember playing red when it first came out and stoped alittle after GS, but i know very little about competive battling and how it works and i wish to learn as much as i can.
A little about myself: Im a high school student and just recently did i got back into pokemon even though my friends would not think greatly of it lol. The competive side of it really seems to be intresting to me.
Generation(s) I want to learn: FR?/LG/R/S/E and i hope to get ready for DP gen.

Jumpman16 http://www.smogon.com/forums/../community/member.php?u=17

Netbattle nick: felix45
Time zone: Central time zone
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): weekdays anywhere from 2:30pm to 10pm
Experience level*:A little about myself: I've played Blue and Yellow. Never knew a metagame even existed. I want to play to win (hopefully money at some point?) but I have to start somewhere, this seems like a good starting place. I've read some guides and what not on this site if that says anything.
Generation(s) I want to learn: All of them I haven't played (no clue as to what games there are as of now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)