Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Metal Bagon
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Metal Bagon/Metal Alt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +12 Weekdays 6-8 pm, Weekends 7am-7pm (in EST this is 11am-1pm weekdays and 12 noon to midnight weekends)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Had quite a successful round with hugendugen a while back and now I'm quite good at ubers. I'm hoping I can improve in OU now so I can play better in that tier.

Didn't get tutored last round.

Username: SuckaPunch123
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sucka_Punch
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -3:30 GMT all of the time
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a 16 year old pokemon battler that loves to learn new things and can learn quite easily

Username: themostsuperjew
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: themostsuperjew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 4pm-10pm mon - fri 11am-11pm sat-sun
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an avid videogame nerd who uses his time not only on pokemon but on all types of games. I aslo run a small youtube channel under the same name. Pokemon is my favorite game and i especially like competitive because of the challenge.
I feel like i should be chosen because if I learn more about battling and how to do it well i can be a good contribution to smogon. I would build teams to be put under rate my team, and also help others build their teams. I have little to offer now because of my "noob" status, but i know if I'm tutored smogon will be hearing a lotmore of me.

Skipped in round 64

Username: RegiGuy
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Zebellion
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 3-9PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 UU, BW2 RU, BW2 NU (I don't really mind which tier because I feel as long as I'm tutored I can get better in any tier)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since I was 6 (Gold Version ftw). I've been playing competitively since I was 2, and I came here because I feel I need help trying to improve my battling. I've been trying on my own to make a great team, but I always fall short of being great and feel that my battling style itself needs work. I do have an understanding of what all OU Pokemon can run, it's just that I need help with team building and what to do in battling.

I do not mind who tutors me.

I feel I should be tutored because I truly have a passion for Pokemon. I would really like to get better (maybe even beat Bloo one day, who knows?), and I am polite very and anxious to learn to battle better. I would also like to help to contribute to Smogon and I felt that being tutored will be a way to get my name out there.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: FireMage
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: FireMage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - Usually 7pm-11pm My days off I can be on all day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU / BW NU / Maybe a little bit of LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a long time lurker of Smogon and I feel now is the time to learn a metagame, so I though why not learn a tier that encompasses my favourites? I've got a decent understanding about teambuilding and some experience but I want to get better!. On a competitive side I participate in VGC mostly (2009-???). Outside of Pokémon I tend to play video games (much like everyone else on here) and have a variety of interests - Psychology, Computing and Travelling to name but a few.

Username: White Eagle
Pokémon Online username: MLH
-Your time zone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6.
Tuesdays I'm available from 10:00 a.m and on.
Wednesdays I'm available from 6:00 p.m to 11:00 p.m.
Thursdays I'm available from 1:00 p.m and on.
Fridays I'm available from 7:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m
and Sundays I'm available all day.

What tier do you want to learn? BW2 OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a computer science student. I started playing pokemon in the black and white generation. Someone told me about smogon and I saw pokemon was a little more complex than I thought; I honestly liked that, which is why pokemon is now my favorite game.
I read about IV’s, EV’s, and started RNG abusing for some pokes. I’ve been trying to build a team using smogon’s analysis, but when it comes to sinergy, picking the right pokes , and using them to their highest potential, I have some problems.
Among other interests, I really like maths, languages, computing, I really enjoy strategy games such as UNO, chess, and Pokémon. Jesus is the most important thing in my life.

Brief explanation of why I should be tutored (less than 25 posts): I should be tutored because I really want to learn how to be a better player, and I want to have a better game experience by making better strategies. I will give it the required amount of time and dedication.
Right now I don’t have so many posts because I feel like I don’t have the required knowledge to provide useful contribution.
I look forward to be tutored because I want to be an active member to the community and help other people if necessary.

Username: Blizzard the far north
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Blizz' and many other ALTs, of course x)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Actually GMT +2, because of DST. I'm available pratically any hour (even late at night, goml) because it's summer. When school starts (13th of September) my schedule will change to 4 PM - 6 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a boy from Italy and I started playing competitive pokémon since 2010. I joined Smogon Tutoring Program in order to improve at the game and, of course, in order to have fun :)

I should be tutored because I think I can improve a lot, and maybe i could start posting more on Smogon after the Tutor Program ends
Oh, I have less then 25 post because I lurk pretty often on Smogon, but i post rarely :(

Username: Scienceandreligion
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: SandR, Aquaticmammal, Carvedhillside
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7 5:00pm-10:00pm Monday through Thursday, 9:00pm-10:00pm Friday, 2:00pm-10:00pm Saturday-Sunday (times on the weekends may vary)
Tell us a little about yourself:
I am a teenager living on the West Coast of the United States who enjoys chess, philospohy and subjects that pertain to abstract thinking. I have been playing competitive Pokemon since DPP, where I played UU (this is still my best tier to date). I have recently become interested in BW2 OU, as I believe the metagame is in a transition phase due to the new Pokemon from Black 2 and White 2. However, I am not as proficient in OU as in UU and lack the courage to get involved with the community in order to become better. Thus, I find that Battling 101 would be the perfect way for me to both learn the tier and get involved with the site.

Why I should be tutored despite having less than 25 posts:
I have had reasonable success in DPP UU and BW UU, Both of which I have defeated prominent players and done well in the ladder (In DPP UU, my highest ranking was 49, but I made teams every week and all of them had a reasonable degree of success. In BW UU, I peaked at #4 on Pokemon Online during the Deo-D metagame). I also would be dedicated towards learning Pokemon, as I have been extremely active as of late and have been lurking not only the BW OU forum, but most forums on the site. I also am willing to give back to the community once I feel I know enough to comment I would be willing to contribute to parts of the forum such as the RMT forum, the C&C forum, and the Main BW2 OU forum. However, I respect that you have the right to forgo me for other people and will not get angry if you chose to do so. I also acknowledge that I write far too much for an entry post and this gives you considerable grounds to skip over me.

I wish the best of luck to fellow members of the Smogon Community who are applying for a tutor this round.

Username: extremebeta
Showdown username: Tetssaiga
Available times: 1pm to 5pm and 7pm to 9pm GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn: BW2 OU and a bit of ADV OU
Tell us a bit about yourself: I started competitive battling in the summer of 2009 and greatly enjoyed the metagane of DPP OU (it's still my favorite metagame) then gen five came out and school started to take up a lot of my time so I stopped playing for about six months. I came back to competitive battling in the summer of 2011 and started to learn the metagame that Thundurus and Excadrill had dominated, I started to get the hang of it but at the end of 2011 but grades started to slip up so I decided to quit Pokemon and focus on academics. This July when I had absolutely nothing to do and decided to see how the BW metagame has changed and decided to try this game again, so once again I am back.

I've always been a big fan of stall, it was my favourite style since DPP OU, and it still is. But when Generation V came, it brought MANY offensive threats to the OU metagame and little Defensive ones. Which makes stall that much harder to utilize. Now I usually use Balanced teams or Weather offense since I just can't make stall work :( I hope my tutor can fix that. All in all I need a lot of help in teambuilding which happens to be my weakest point and some help in understanding and getting used this metagame.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Username: Dark Fallen Angel
Pokémon Online Username: CutieBoyDarkAngel (I also have this name on Pokémon Showdown but I almost never play there)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3 (Brasília)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU (and BW2 UU if possible, but BW2 OU is my priority)
Tell us a little about yourself: I was tutored before and I didn't had sufficient time to learn with my tutor because of problems that I had in real life. Also, I was being tutored in Little Cup, wich has very, very few dedicated players. I want to learn about BW2 OU. In fact I am already playing OU a long time, I think since 3 months, and while I know a lot, and I've won many battles and 3 tournaments, I still struggle to beat many players. Also, no matter how I change my team, there is always something that I think that my team lacks. I think that I suffer from "six-pokémon syndrome"; I would be able to construct the perfect team if I could make a team of seven pokémon instead of six. For this reason I want to improve my abilities. I want to be tutored to construct the best team possible. I prefer sandstorm since I found the residual damage from sandstorm to be very, very helpful to break many strategies, more than the extra power from rain or sun. But I never make teams that are too dedicated to sandstorm; Most pokémons on my team barely take advantage from sandstorm other than the residual damage that enemy pokémon suffer. I hope that my tutor help me improve this style of playing.

Also, most players on brazilian server laugh at my playstyle; They prefer to always predict me thinking that I am going to do the obvious, while I prefer to predict their prediction and do the obvious sometimes, and the unexpected others, to destroy their strategy. I've actually won many battles because of this. I want to show them that playing mind games is not a bad strategy and can actually turn the tables on a battle.

Username: TwistedHydra
Pokemon Online Username: Ah-ooh baby baby
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST and Anytime after 12:00PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm TwistedHydra, but you can call me Hydra for short. I don't post much, but I'm usually on here everyday lurking around the forums trying to learn new strategies and such. I enjoy playing pokemon and have been ever since the RBY era, and stated playing competitively around the DPP era. When I'm not trying to improve my game, I'm usually drawing or helping out my family.

The reason I want to be tutored is so that I can improve my battling and and team building skills so i can move higher on the ladder. I think i do ok, but there's only so much you can teach yourself on your own. =]

Username:Mylo Xyloto
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Mylo Xyloto
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt+2 available throughout tbe weekend and a hour during weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?:Wifi LC , wifi RU and wifi ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Well Im mylo xyloto. I like coldplay. Ive played po for a year know and im liking it. Ive peaked #13 on lc ladder on po. But still struggle at teambuilding. I love music!

Username:Eranu
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Eranu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 / 5-10 pm.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 18 year old guy from the netherlands who loves the competitive aspect of pokemon.
I've been into competitive battling since black and white came out but it seems I stopped improving by myself.
Therefore I hope this program will help me.

Ojama has agreed to tutor me.

Username: asdfjkl
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: asdfjkl
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 3pm to 12am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, UU, RU

Tell us a little about yourself: i've been playing pokemon since red back in the day. I've always played the games for hours after I beat the main story, but never understood the metagame and really want to know how to train competitive teams, as it'll give me a new goal to shoot for during and after the main quest. I'm currently on BW, and want to know how to really train a great team so and apply those skills to BW2. Outside of pokemon, I'm a 19 year old college student who has tons of free time and likes video games, pop culture, and music. I have less than 25 posts cause I just made this account today

Username: sos
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: non SOSEMI sbaglio
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +1 (italy) 6 pm
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm 17 and i'm of the south of italy (tatanto) i play pokemon specially dpp and adv... i love sport and i practice boxing, but i love to do sport in genaral... i really go out and joking with friend.

i need help to build in bw2 because i cannot orient myself in this meta. i've played some tournaments of smogon and i want to take part a smogon tour 13 and at the end i will be more present on the forum

Username:bigbonbon
Po username: bonbon
Timezone & hours of availability: GMT -8 weekdays:6-11pm weekend:all day
Tier: ou
Tell us about yourself: I'm a a junior in high school who lives in California. I'm also on the varsity wrestling team. I have been playing Pokemon competitively for months now but get smashed most of the time. I would love to get good at team building because most of my teams get ripped to shreds.

Under 25 posts: I have been lurking for a while now and would love to post but I'm too inexperienced to contribute anything usefull.

Username: afterburn
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: afterburn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +3, any time, since I live in an absurd timezone, I'd probably have to adjust my timetable.

Tell us a little about yourself: I got tutored way back in dpp ou, then went on a hiatus, signed up for tutoring for BW OU (round 53), but me and the tutor never met up since he seemed very busy with no time and then Stone_Cold agreed to teach me right during the tutee tournament, but the conflicting timezones got in the way, so I never really got tutored in bw ou.

I think I'm a mediocre player, I'm lacking in in-battle techniques such as planning and prediction. My team building is decent as I can build an average team, but unsure on how to incorporate unconventional sets, as the teams turn out to be bog standard

Username: Noblesse Oblige
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Her, She, Matsurika, Noblesse, Oblige.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3. All day and night.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU and BW2 UU or just BW2 OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an half-french half-german girl who moved to Brazil with just 8 months old (I don't speak german or french, though >.<). I started to play competitive pokémon in May or June so I just played the end of BW1. I also like music, animes and play some videogames.

Username: BlurpleBerry
Pokemon Showdown Username: BlurpleBerry
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST 2-8
What tier do you want to learn?: Any Tier, Preferably BW2 OR RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a High School student in Cali entering my Senior Year. i recently got back into pokemon when my brother gifted me a Dsi for my birthday while perusing the interwebs for ingame breeding help i stumbled upon Smogon and quickly found it to be the best thing since sliced bread. i'm now a regular PS/Wifi player who constantly looks for new unpredictable strats. I need help with prioritizing my team-building process Ex.Sacrificing Hazards for momentum etc. Anyway i will be happy with any tier thanks :toast:

Requesting BKC

Under 25 posts: I Try to contribute non-redundant information whenever the chance arises but my limited knowledge hinders me.

Username: Ruskittlez
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ruskittlez/Ruskittles
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 6-11.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a student, I devote most of my time to a few pursuits of mine, schoolwork, dancing (bboying), learning Java and of course, pokemon.
Although i'm younger then a lot of people here (which I know may turn some tutors away) I feel I can hold my own with them in discussion or battle. This is because i've always been placed in classes with older students.

Why I should be tutored despite having under 25 posts: I've been playing pokemon for a long time. Although I only recently decided I should actually be contributing to smogon, I've also been here for a while. One big obstacle for me when posting is that I always feel like I have no idea what i'm talking about (even if I do, once I decided not to make a post and a few seconds later a moderator posted an extremely similar comment ._.) and if I get tutored I feel it may help my confidence here on smogon.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Kiyo
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kiyo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-7 1-11pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm interested in really learning how to build better teams I've been battling competitively for a few years now and id like to start getting serious.

Username: SubakSupreme
Pokemon Showdown/Pokemon online 2 username: SubakSupreme
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 6pm-2am
what tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a high school student entering my senior year. Just like other teens i enjoy hanging out with my friends and using YOLO as an excuse to do stupid things. In my free time i partake in anime, weight lifting, archery, and martial arts. In competitive pokes i'm always trying to better myself and broaden my horizons in terms of tiers. I would like to use the knowledge I gain from this program to help other individuals in their poke'mon endeavors.

Username: DeathNoMask
Pokemon Online Username: DeathNoMask
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 - I will organize with my tutor
Tell us a little about yourself: I played Pokemon one year ago, I don't remember too much about how to play, and I don't know BW2. I live in Italy and I don't know English very well...
Why I should be tutored despite having under 25 posts: Oh, I want to improve my skills, a lot of people have helped me, but I'm still a noob lol

Username: Pieguy13
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: pieguy13 on PO and PS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 3pm-9pm most school days (depending on extracurricular)
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played Pokemon since R/B/Y when I was like 3 or something like that. Got into competitive stuff about three or four years back and starting doing PokeSav and that sort of thing at the beginning of the summer.

Why I should be tutored: I've really been advancing in the OU tier but I still find myself making some rookie mistakes every now and then so I'd like to just try to avoid those as well as improve my game.

Username: Thundrcunt
Pokemon Showdown: R4GEKILL
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Usually EST. 4PM - 10PM
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Julien I'm a nigga from NYC. I'm in high school and enjoy rap music, metal, Pokemon, yugioh, and having sexual relations. I've been playing Pokemon for about a year, and I find myself at the point where I need to get to the next level. I play used to play wifi and PO heavily, but found myself no longer giving a fuck. In the advent of BW2, I've decided to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)