Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: FaceFaceFace

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:PO - FaceFaceFace

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: NZST (New Zealand standard time); open to tutor's times.

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU

Tell us a little about yourself:
I enjoy making teams, mostly based around an unorthodoxed Pokemon that have massive potential. For example, right now I am working on running a Trick Room team centered around Rampardos. It makes me happy when 3 rounds of Trick Room = 3 dead Pokemon.
However, many of my teams are hit-and-miss. I would like to learn solid fundamentals of team building from a tutor to remedy this problem. Hopefully from there, we will have a lot of fun exploring some nifty stuff in this metagame!

I have only been playing Pokemon for about 4~5 months, my highest score on PO is ~1300.

P/S I was skipped in the Round 62 and 63 selections; but missed out on the round 64 application.

Username: Arceus Nui
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Arceus Nui
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT –4, I’m available at anytime on the forums, but my time on PS is limited, though 4 pm to 6 pm should be fine (although parents usually try to get me to help them)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU or BW2 UU (slight preference in OU though)
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a Canadian Asian who does martial arts. I’ve lurked for a very, VERY long time on Smogon, but I’ve only been interacting with the community only recently. I can play the game well enough in OU, but my team building skills are pretty bad, and the only other tier I’ve touched was UU (my favourite tier) but I’m pretty bad at that too. I chose to learn OU though, because it’s a general tier, and I’m hoping I can bring the things I learned in OU (especially team building) down to UU.

Although I have just over 25 posts, I’ll still say why I should be tutored (because it kinda seems like I just made 25 random posts so I could get in lol). The reason why I don’t have many posts is because I don’t know much about the metagame, so I can’t contribute much.

Lavos Spawn has agreed to tutor me, if he becomes a tutor.
Lavos Spawn said:
Arceus Nui said:
Oh, and I just realized that round 65 of Battling 101 came up, would you care to tutor me, if that's not asking too much? That is if you are a tutor? Oh man, I really hope I didn't make you regret responding to me lol, it's okay, you can say no :P
i sent in my tutor application, idk if i'm going to be accepted or not but i'll sure as hell try to get you as my tutee if i do end up being accepted.

Username: pielover12321
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: pielover
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST - 11 AM - 11 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I like pokemon. I also play chess although I'm very rusty since I haven't played in a year or so.
Harsha agreed to tutor me.

Username: SqueakyGuy
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: BiggDogg on PS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT (GMT-4) after 10:30 on weekdays, with more availability on the weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU or BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a computer science student, gamer, musician, auto mechanic, and long time lurker on the forums (I just looked at my join date and total posts, all I can say is wow). My favorite movie is The Terminator, fave TV show is Battlestar Galactica (something about robots that look like humans must resonate with me), my favorite book is Dune, and favorite band is Tenacious D.

I don't have much forum contribution as of right now, but my participation with the site includes reading the competitive pokedex entries and other articles, and I'm a fan of CAP and the funny articles from The Smog (Charizard is not a good meta pick). I'd like to learn a metagame in order to be able to enjoy playing with more success like everyone else, as opposed to throwing my favorite pokes together and watching them burn. Also, a tutor would be a great avenue into the community and a leg up on the learning curve.

Username: Regret
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Regret, RG2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; 3 PM - 9 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a huge lurker. Pokemon is just a hobby of mine, but I still play it a good amount as it's one of the few videogames I'm interested in right now. I have a good amount of other trivial hobbies though.
I have less than 25 posts. :( - I don't believe that posts = activity. To be honest, there are some people on this website who only post for tournaments and are still active. I'm waiting until I become a better battler before I start posting on this website more and begin to contribute.
Delko agreed to tutor me.

Username:YuuchyShi
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: YuuchyHongroy (on PO) and YuuchyShi (on PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PDT, and I normally have time around 3:30 PM- 5:00 PM on Mon-Fri, 1:30 PM-4:45 PM on Sundays, and 2:30 AM - 4:30 AM most nights. I may have a bit of time on Saturdays, but I cannot even give you a wild guess on when.
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in Palo Alto, and when I'm not playing Pokemon, I'm probably sleeping, eating, or doing community service, or in school.
I started playing when one of my older friends invited me to "rape his Pikachu" on his Ruby (he tricked me into thinking rape meant train; I was in 2nd grade at the time), and ever since then, I've been playing a lot. I kinda stopped playing for a while because I finished everything there was to do in Diamond and Platinum, and only recently started playing competitively. I love making teams, but I stink at it.

The 25 posts thing: I only really sign up on forums to read threads and post whenever I have a really important thing to say, or something I really want to do (like a tourney or this), and I generally lack something I can contribute that someone else has already mentioned, so I have a real lack of posts. I want to join this program cause I am vastly superior to anybody I know that actually plays competitively (if you know someone who plays in Palo Alto, I would love it if you directed me to this person's Pal Pad), and others that just play pokemon either hack candies or think "hand training" is the best way to train, resulting in either EV spreads of 0 HP/ 0 Atk/ 0 Def/ 0 SpA/ 0 SpD/ 0 Spe or 67 HP/ 1 Atk/ and I don't even know what else. But if I try to play on Wi-Fi, I seem to find myself dominated, and on simulators as well. Therefore, (I believe) this program will at least help me get a bit better so I can attempt to play on Wi-Fi.

Username: Roie
PO/PS Username: Roie
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6, 10pm-4am
Tell us a little about yourself: I played many games competitively such as Starcraft brood war. I want to learn pokemon at a high level and I played vgc2012 a bit. I have been playing OU since bw2 was released in Japan but I feel my teams are weak and I make poor decisions in battles. I am stuck and don't know how to improve.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Username: vonFiedler
Pokemon Showdown: vonFiedler
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, and I'm available almost any time.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU preferably, but I do enjoy UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I joined Smogon 2 years ago for this program, and I only sort of made this deadline because it was posted in advance. Pokemon Conquest and the Unscrupulous Tournament has gotten me interested in Pokemon again, and I want to get good at it and start designing again. If I understood more about the game, I'd love to be a more involved member of the community and maybe try my hand at CAP.

Username: tjjerome
Pokemon Showdown Username: MrPopo314
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST, any time after 6 p.m.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve played every single Pokemon game but I’m just getting into the competitive scene. I am a Mechanical Engineering major and enjoy playing video games (Xbox and Nintendo systems), hanging out with friends, and making music on my guitar and saxophone.

I'm kind of a noob in competitive battling right now and look forward to learning the ropes from an experienced battler.

Skipped in round 64

Username: shogungari
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: shogungari
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST; weekdays after 7, weekends anytime.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Since Gen 1 I have been an avid fan of the series but could never break through from casual to competitive. Every attempt I made to play the meta game has resulted in failure. I know all pokemon's types by heart, their general strategy, their stat splits, and coverage. I have made countless teams, all have failed miserably. Even when I use other people's teams, known for winning hundreds of fights, I still lose. I'm sick of losing, I'm sick of failure. I want to be good at this game. I want to win.

I did not participate in previous rounds. This is my first attempt at obtaining a tutor.
Reason for less than 25 posts: I am new here. I have been on Pokemon Showdown for a while, but my record is so poor I had to remake a new account...which now also has a bad record. When I go into a fight I want to actually feel like I have a chance to win instead of knowing I'm doomed because of something simple like calm minding latios.

Username: drakon136
Pokemon Showdown Username: drakon136/Helias
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM most days
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been a fan of the series since 3rd gen, and first got into competitive battling sometime in February of this year, although I've been a member of Smogon since 2011. All in all, I enjoy DW OU, LC and BW NU, but I am a terrible NU player/team builder, and I'd like some professional assistance.

Username: Gengan
Pokemon Showdown: Gengan, Confetti, Dead Magikarp
Timezone/Availability: EST; weekdays after 4 pm, weekends anytime between 9/11 am - 1 am
What tier?: RU
About Me: I'm annoying at times but I'm working on being nice. I suck at battling anything that's not UU or LC, so I want to get into some different tiers. I hate OU and Ubers. I'm boring in real life. I hate tons of people in my school. I love Katy Perry and yes I'm male.

I haven't done any other rounds so I hope this works.

Username: ScoobyDoom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ScoobyDoom
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST anytime after 3:30
Tell us a little about yourself: I love to play pokemon competitively, and I found myself incompetent with playing OU, which is why I am signing up. Aside from pokemon, I love to play ping pong and swimming. I feel as though a strong tutor can be a plus for me since BW2 was released.

Reason to be tutored (under 25 posts): I have been contributing to many charity organizations which have hindered my availability on smogon. However, I have taken a break for a while which has opened up my availability to be tutored/more active on smogon. I will be a strong candidate for a tutee and I feel that I absorb a lot of information, especially pertaining to pokemon. I have also been skipped twice in the last two tutor sign ups if it matters for anything.

I have been skipped in rounds 62, 63, and 64.

Username: Amell
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Amell
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3, usually at night
What tier do you want to learn?: BW1/2 Ubers(I suppose that ppl that play ubers play both bw1 and 2), it's my worst tier by far, so it'd be nice to learn about it.
Tell us a little about yourself: I recently graduated in law school, so I'm working and studying for a masters application. When I'm free I usually go out with my gf or with my friends, apart of playing pokemon, ofc.

Username:Ms.Mysterious
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Ms.Mysterious
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:-3:30 GMT Anytime
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a 14 year old girl who loves to competitive battle.

Reason to be tutored (under 25 posts): As a new member to smogon, and to competitive battling, I would like to be tutored. To become better and hopefully gave a lot of knowledge towards battling. (:

Harsha agreed to tutor me.

Username: NickNac6
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: NickNac6
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MDT (GMT-6) Weekends anytime
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been looking out for a long time to find a tutor. I am slowly getting better on my own but other than that, I kinda fail at Pokemon XD. I really like playing Pokemon, been playing since Gen II, but I've played all the Gen I games, I play some MTG now and again. Let's see, I really like singing, acting, listening to music, hanging out with friends and playing tennis. I did play on Shoddy, but got continuously worse with the introduction of 5th gen.

Less than 25 Posts: Well my reason is kind of as good as the next guy's...I like to look at all the RMTs (only OU) and borrow ideas from them, but I don't feel like I'm advanced or smart enough to properly make any appropriate rates on the RMTs due to my lack of knowledge on the subject. I feel like I'm pretty easy to teach and would be very grateful if I got tutored :D

Username: GGengar
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: GGengar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST usually night time 6-10pm; however, im pretty flexible
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a college student who has had a decent interest in competitive Pokemon. I used to be somewhat ok at this game (Ladder Ranks between 1300-1400 on the Smogon server), but i've taken like a 4-5 month break and having a hard time getting into the new meta.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: Arcticblast
Pokemon Showdown Username: Arcticblast
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 3:00-10:00 weekdays and varying on weekends / school holidays
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU or BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been here for years and a ton of people still don't know who I am :( Anyway, I'm a high school senior who kind of sucks at life, but that probably applies to a lot of us here. I'm kind of abrasive but I'm a decent listener. I play the violin and listen to classical, punk, metal, and whatever-else-I-feel-like music. I play OU and LC extensively, but NU (Mantine I love you <3) and Ubers are tiers I'd like to play but suck at.

Username: iiZqHD
Pokemon Showdown Username: -Zq-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 2:30-4:50 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: B2W2 UnderUsed ( UU )
Tell us a little about yourself: I grew up playing Pokemon. One of the ladies my mom worked with game me an old copy of Pokemon Blue and that was my first game. I have recently gotten back into Pokemon, and decided to try out competitive battling. I immediately hopped into UU. I have had some help from friends, but i look to broaden my "skill" I'll call it. I would be honored to be chosen but either way thank you for considering. (Sorry for late entry, thought it ended the 25th )

Less Than 25 Posts: I've been here for a month or two, and I'm not the smartest when it comes to giving Pokemon advice, so i guess im trying to say i don't wanna give bad advice and end up looking like an idiot. But i am hoping to become more active and help out more. Also im hoping this will help me expand my pokemon knowledge. Thanks again

Username: CAPS alt
Showdown username: adfad
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: GMT+3 5:30pm to 7:30pm
What tier do you want to learn? : BW2 OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m just an average person who is having summer holidays. I don’t battle very well and thus want to improve. Hope my odd time zone doesn’t stop me from getting a tutor. I’m in 8th grade.
Why I should be tutored(less than 25 posts) : I couldn’t make a lot of posts since I don’t battle very well and so get nervous to make posts. I could becoming a contributing member of the community once I get the basics right, I also learn very quickly.
I missed round 59 due to the sign-ups starting when there was midnight where I stay and by the time I woke up it was closed.

Skipped in round 62 and round 64

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: EonX-
Pokemon Showdown username: EonX (or some variation of Eon)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST generally flexible schedule
What tier do you want to learn: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Big sports fan and been playing Pokemon since Ruby and Sapphire. Wanting to learn all of the tiers eventually, and NU is the next one I'm wanting to try and learn.

Zebraiken agreed to tutor me.

Username: Jr Breshears
Pokemon Showdown Shoddy Username: LukeTheLucario
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central, afternoons to around 8 or 10 pm
What tier do you want to learn?:B/W2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Like pokemon and sports and want to learn to play better. I would also need with with teambuilding some. Im decent at the game but need help being better hopefully can learn it at least get 1450 on the PO server.

Oh I also got PO lots of alts so my tutor can ask for them

BLOO EDIT:

Hey I signed up but anyways I couldn't post this in my post since it got locked so your the person who runs it so I thought i'll vm you it. Yee said he would tutor me but we would have to learn it together. Sorry if i'm annoying you btw lol

Username: Alaster
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Alaster
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. Time of availablity is either 2 pm - 6/9pm, or 12 am - 2/4am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, and NU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I can cook a mean Blaziken a la King, Pulled Emboar, and Farfetch'd a l'orange. I also like to battle pokemon to get them ready for their greatest battle. Food Critics.

Under 25 posts reason:
I don't post often, because most times the points I would bring up are already posted. Also Pulled Emboar takes 12 hours to cook.

Username: SoulessDraconic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: SoulessDraconic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST Avaliable after 7pm on the weekdays but after 1pm on tuesdays only. all day on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: B2W2 Ubers Preferably
Tell us a little about yourself: IM a pretty die hard Pokemon fan and have been casually playing since red/blue. I started taking an interest in competitive battling during HGSS era but never really had a focus. I decided i really liked ubers but i seem to have hit a brick wall when it comes to improvement. Tea, building is my main fault but i need a bit of help mechanically as well.
Why I should be tutored: I want to be able to contribute to competitive battling and actually be somebody who posts meaningful posts and replies and not just a forum lurker

Username: TheDaiko7

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TheDaiko7

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Anytime

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU/UU

Tell us a little about yourself: Hey, I'm Daiko and I've been playing Pokemon since it first started. I've loved the games ever since first choosing Charmander! Began my Online battling around early D/P and was playing until just before B/W before just going back to the normal game and ignoring any multiplayer aspect. Downloaded Pokemon Online a while back and just kept playing at it, but could never make a team that was both enjoyable to use and was fairly effective.

I've not got 25 Posts due to the fact that my knowledge of the Online Features is nowhere near enough to put up a decent point and then argue my case.. Also, none of my teams were anything special so I didn't really think I should put up a RMT..

Was meant to be Tutored last round but nothing happened with my Tutor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)