Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: KOTR
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Probably KOTR
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (UTC -5) and whenever I'm awake - until I find a job.
What tier do you want to learn?: I'm okay with any tier - it's the fundamentals of it all that I'd like help with. I honestly think I'd be happy with any of the main four singles formats. But if I had to rank them in terms of preference, it would probably go NU > OU > UU > RU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Cam. I've spent most of my time on this site in the Battle Subway thread so far. I've played Pokemon almost non-stop throughout my life. The only time when I didn't have a Pokemon game nearby almost all the time is during Generation IV. I missed it entirely. Not because I had a problem with it - I just missed out.

Also this is my second time applying.

Username: zpattack12
Showdown username: zpattack12
Tier: BW2 OU
Tell us about yourself: I got into competitive Pokemon a couple of months ago and decided to try it out. I loved it, but I found it extremely difficult to do and I lost a lot. That is why I want to get tutored. Other than that, I'm a freshman who plays on his high school freshman team. I like watching football, soccer and formula one in free time. I live in new jersey.
Time: I live in EST, and can probably be flexible timing wise.
Post wise, I haven't has anything good to say so I rarely post.
Skipped in Round 64

Username: The QWAZ
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: QWAZ or finlay
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 0, i'm available from 4pm to 8:30 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: RU or OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I play tennis alot, i'm nearly a black belt in karate and I spent to much time on the web

Skipped in rounds 63 and 62

Username: PryorConvictions
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PC2, PryorConvictions
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, 3 PM to 11 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like offensive teams. Pokemon is a nice hobby that I enjoy next to sports and other trivial things. I hope I learn something from this.
<25 posts: When you're bad at Pokemon, you don't have much to post. Therefore, I don't have many posts, although I do get on this site everyday usually. I try to post when I can but that's just not possible when you want to look intelligent.
GigaPunch has agreed to tutor me.

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:[WZ] Erica.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT 12 pm - 3 am
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:My name is erica, i want to learn the OU tier more than i already do and im very new to smogon :)

Username: Matt99
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: MattTheAmazing (Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. I'm available from 7 PM to 9 PM on weeknights, normally.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU, or BW2 OU. My two favorite tiers.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the devilishly handsome person known as Matt. When I was little, pokemon was all that I did. I learned to read from playing Pokemon Yellow. However, I have just gotten back into it, and now that I've learned about the competitive side of this great game, I'd like to further my skills. I'm okay at battling now, but I feel that I can become very good, with a little help. And if you choose me, I will... do... something... Look, I just want to learn! The reason I have very few posts is because, well, I just started here, which should be fairly obvious considering my currently limited knowledge of competitive pokemon. If I am picked, I would greatly appreciate it.

Username: Joel
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: "SkipTG" on PO, "Joel" on PS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Central Time Anytime on Saturday and Sunday, evenings (after 6PM) on the weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?: B2/W2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I was boss in Gen 4, but in Gen 5, I focused on wifi Triple battles with GBU rules, so I have "fell off" as far as my Smogon Standard skills go. Looking for a nice little kick to get with the times around here.

Username: Ace Trainer Alice
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: Ace Trainer Alice
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 - 9AM - 11PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW(2) OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to play Pokemon competitively with 4th generation but I stopped. I want to play it again but it's really hard to get into a new metagame and few new mechanics by myself (Where is my Blissey ?! : ()
I'm french so my english isn't perfect at all but I think I can understand and be understood with no problem. I can't remember my old account on Smogon but anyway, I don't think I had even 25 messages since I'm not a post-aholic.
I don't ask a lot of time and attention, just enough to allow me to start playing again, being aware of what is happening in my battles : )

Username: Asuya.
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Asuya/ El Lay/ Asuya Ghost
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 ( 4 PM - 2 AM everyday)
What tier do you want to learn?: I want to improve my knowledge in B2W2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I play competitive pokemon since 2009. I like to use gimmick team.

Sign-ups are closed. Pairings will be up sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: Pairings will be coming later than I thought as I need to talk to Bloo about something important. It should only take a day at most.

1. Alice - SuckaPunch123 (DPP OU)
2. august - Blurpleberry (BW2 RU)
3. BKC - lapras6666 (BW2 OU)
4. Django - FireMage (BW2 NU)
5. dragonuser - xXGengarXx (BW2 OU)
6. DTC - Arcticblast (BW2 NU)
7. Elevator_Music - Mylo Xyloto (BW2 LC)
8. Expert Physics/Sayonara - GatoDelFuego (BW2 OU)
9. Giga Punch - EmperorMeiji (BW2 OU)
10. Harsha - Ms Mysterious (BW2 OU)
11. HSA - Amell (BW2 Ubers)
12. JabbaTheGriffin - extremebeta (ADV OU)
13. Jirachi - InsanityVoid (BW2 OU)
14. idiotfrommars - smootdog2 (BW2 OU)
15. Limitless - Ticcyboy (BW2 OU)
16. Molk - SubakSupreme (BW2 NU)
17. mostwanted - vonFiedler (BW2 OU)
18. Nachos - xJaiYT (BW2 OU)
19. Ojama - Eranu (BW2 OU)
20. PDC - phoopes and Skwayz (BW2 OU)
21. Poppy - doublenikesocks (BW2 Ubers)
22. Reverb - Ulysses (BW2 OU)
23. Scimjara - ThatsMyLatios (DPP OU)
24. Seven Deadly Sins - ScoobyDoom (BW2 OU)
25. shnen - RegiGuy (BW2 RU/NU)
26. Steven Snype - TrollFreak (DPP OU)
27. Stone_Cold - Rupe (BW2 OU)
28. Zebraiken - drakon136 and EonX- (BW2 NU)

That's the pairings, and yeah still nobody from Oceania got a BW2 OU tutor as we simply have none. Quite a few tutors (especially OU ones) took breaks this round which sucks because there was huge demand for BW2 OU this time around, and less for the other tiers. Also, lots of people who signed up before and got tutors asked to be tutored again. They were skipped over in favour of people who have never had one, or who have missed out previously as to so give everyone a fair chance. If there are any problems, PM me. If a tutor wants to take on a second tutee, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)