Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Username: Danmire
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Danmire
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, past 10 AM on MWF, but I have swimming everyday from 3 PM to 7 PM. I'm also free Saturdays(after 10 AM) and Sundays(all day) and every Thursday before 3 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently studying to be a Wildlife Vet (after a long decision to drop Architecture) I'm a very calm and collected guy who's very easy to talk to and I can get taught easily.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yessir

I was skipped last round.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: pokemon0078
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: I use a lot of alts, I'm usually on as /me (something) or pokemon0078
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 during weekdays 9-12 pm / 1 am always and weekends whenever I feel like it, weekdays can be a bit flexible like 3-4 and 6-8 is good for some days as well
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 9th grade student and part of the top academic threshold in my grade and love to play instruments (trumpet / violin / piano). I also do track and xc which I really like. I have a lot of free time and spend a lot of it on Smogon in C&C and the OU forum. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on competitive Pokemon but need work on predicting and teambuilding. My teams are very hit or miss and I have trouble improving them if they're bad. I think if I work on these skills I can battle much better. Also, I like to ladder but just aren't very good at it, it'd be cool to improve that as well. I know how to play and everything but want to develop my battling skills a bit more. I also spend a ton of time on irc and much prefer chatting there to PS! Not much else really.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: of course

I was skipped in Round 67 (not sure if two rounds back matter but I might as well throw it out there)

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Redew
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Aelliarken/Redew/ask me
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like the colour blue, my favorite number is 17, and long walks on the beach.

Oh I am also on the GP team here on Smogon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: No, Harsha will be able to put in his input to my tutoring anyway.

Harsha has agreed to tutor me

p.s. i know my loa post said i had some limited time, but i'm already planning and freeing up a bunch of my schedule, so i should be able to log on for about an hour or more every night.

Username: lokt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:lokt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt-8, 4-6pm except for Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
What tier do you want to learn?:DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I had a tutor in the last round for DPP OU, but he got busy and couldn't tutor me towards the end of the round. I still have a lot of work to do in teambuilding because I am not very familiar with some less common ou threats. I would also like to work on battling skills and how to play differently then in bw due to the lack of team preview.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes

Username: NickNac6
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:NickNac6/The Bandit
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-7 5-10p.m.
What tier do you want to learn?:B/W2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 1, but only started getting really into the competitive battling scene with the introduction of B/W. I'm really not too good at it and I take all the RMT teams and rearrange them to try to make one of my teams work XD. I have the most luck using teams that would thrive in DPP OU, and HAX is really never on my side. Especially with getting stat boosts like Meta's Meteor Mash.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Sure!
Explanation of less than 25 posts: I look at the RMTs all the time, but my knowledge of what is a better option or good counters is very limited so I don't want to waste anyone's time by posting some poor information, or misguided.

a fairy

I’ll be at PAX East! Will you?
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Username: Lady Salamence
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: LadySalamence/Lady Salamence
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Mon - Thurs 5:30 - 8, weekends are erratic
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently in high school, spending too much time on reddit and Smogon
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup

requesting Harsha, he said i should post here if i want him as a tutor

Username: Ricky Horror
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Miss May I
Your timezone and usual hours of availabilty:Central Standard Time. Monday and Wednesday all day. Tuesdays after 2 p.m to 8 p.m. Thursdays 2 p.m to 6 p.m
What tier do you want to learn?: BW 2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Instigator that has something to prove.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutor?: Sure.

Username: Paolo
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Paolo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3-11pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon competitively for a couple years but could still use some work and am even currently playing in the current Smogon Tournament. I tend to play either all out offensive or stall so I could use a tutor that specializes in either. I feel my main skill I am still lacking in is team building and still feel I could use improvement in other areas.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Quote:
Username:manapors
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:manapots
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:pst 3-10
What tier do you want to learn?:ou
Tell us a little about yourself:I wish to learn. I sometimes get overconfident. I may have less than 25 posts, but I have been a long timer lurker since like 2008. I just recently returned and created a new account because I forgot what email my account was registered under and its password. If that account could be returned to me that would be awesome, otherwise I'll just use this one. I love competitive pokemon and have been browsing RMTs for a long time.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yes

Username: Wangstaa
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Wangster on Pokemon Showdown
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST 5PM-12AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, but any BW tier would make me happy.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played Pokemon on a very amateur level for a week now, but improving, not copying teams and not checking Bulbapedia every other turn would definitely be great. This game's competitive side has really captured my heart, and I want to evolve into a better player.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yep!

Username: Morgenstern
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Morgenstern
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -8 GMT and available from 12pm to 10 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: well i used to play pokemon in some spanish forums but then i retired since i started playing LoL and right now i want to return to play but im bad :[ and hopefully i will get better by getting a tutor (prefer Doom for tutor <3 since hes an old friend <3 but anyone is ok tbh)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yup
I was skipped for like 5 or 6 consecutive rounds and still havent gotten a tutor

Username: HarvestGames
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: AndyDrEw
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 PM-5:00 PM, 8:00 PM-10:00 PM EST
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently working on creating a name for myself in the internet world. I'm in the midst of creating an iPod App and later (if all goes well) my own game company. But i keep myself busy with sports, i swim, play football, baseball, basketball and run track. Needless to say I'm pretty busy and excited for whatever lies ahead.

Reason for lack of posts...I started yesterday, a friend of mine informed me about this, i had already known of the community but never seeked to delve into it. But i'm already decent and I learn fast.

Username: Milos
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: milos
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -3, usually during the morning and at night
What tier do you want to learn?: bw2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student in Argentina. Been playing since 2008 but was on and off since 2009. I was tutored last round by yee in BW OU but I want to expand my skills and try out UU...
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah, why not

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Haruno
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Haruno
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 I'm usually free around 3-10pm
Tell us a little about yourself: Mainly play uber stall but looking to get into OU since I never really got into it. Hopefully I can learn enough about ou before 6th gen comes out.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure. I'm fine with pretty much anyone.

I was skipped in round 66-68.

Username: ProfessorToxic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ProfessorToxic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -8:00; I'm available a lot as of now, on weekdays 4:00 P.M - 10:00 P.M or so, and on weekends I'm off and on all day
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W 2
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a freshman in high school. I love playing Pokemon and would really want to be tutored, because my battling and team building skills aren't that good. I'm very teachable and friendly. I'm a pretty chill guy :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah, I will.

Reason for less than 25 posts: Since I'm not a very good player in the metagame, my post count is so small because I have nothing to contribute to RMT and analyses threads because my Pokemon knowledge is so limited. I'm also a new member to the forums but I've been reading "The Smog" and using somogon sets for quite a long time, back in the 4th Gen metagame actually. So if I was to be tutored, I would be able to provide my thoughts on things now that I have gotten the skills :P

Username: Robo-Ky
PO/PS Username: Robo-Ky
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, usually anytime after 6 p.m.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a DPP player who hasn't really done much posting in the actual Pokemon forums, mostly just stuck to the social forums. I would like to get some help with breaking into 5th gen.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Username: iiZqHD
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Jirachii / Masquerade
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM EST
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 15 and i recently fell out of pokemon for a few years before coming back to pokemon. I hope to become a Computer Network Administrator or a programmer when i grow up. I will also begin going to school for this next year!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Well of course!

Edit: After posting this i realized i have over 25 posts. But i am deciding to leave it because im only 3 above the limit.

Less than 25 posts: Well, as i said i have recently fell out of pokemon and am back with a passion to learn. I wanna be the very best like no one ever was. To catch them... Sorry had a moment there xP. But in all seriousness, I feel that if i have nothing good to post, why post at all. I want my posts to help the community and not just to raise my post count.

I was also skipped back in round 65

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
Username: Trainer Au
Pokemon Online: Trainer Aurum
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6; Fri-Sat any time, I'm pretty flexible then but besides that I'm a pretty busy guy. I'm also avaliable Sunday after 3:00ish.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm in Grade 10, doing very well in school (my mommy is pretty proud :]) I also have a unique sense of humor. I'm also in a martial art called kempo.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup
Why I should be tutored when I have less than 25 posts: I have few posts because I just recently joined smogon and I'm not very confident in my ability to rate teams in any other tier but OU and even then, some can do a better job than me. On the topic of tiers I really want to be tutored to learn a different tier so I have options when I play because PO STILL HASN'T BANNED GENESECT SO I DON'T WANT TO PLAY OU, but there is probably a reason their doing it. Thanks in advance to the person who tutors me! (if I get one :S)

Username: ChronusGreed.
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ChronusGreed.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -3 (Brazil), mon, wed, fry afternoon (13:30 ~ 15:30) and all week at night (00:00 ~ 2:00).
What tier do you want to learn?: BW 2 OU or/and BW UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm brazilian, pratice Kung Fu, like to drink, parties, women... But now I have a girlfriend and don't drik how I used, rarely go to clubs and just one woman... I don't like to talk so much, love strategy games (that's why I'm here)... Never played pokemon outside the famouse elit four+champion, so I don't know almost nothing about it... I think that's enough.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, why not?

Less than 25 post, why should be trained?: I don't like to talk so much, I'm new here and had a busy new year (that I don't remember very well) and don't have almost nothing to help here (yet), I like more to read the posts and after geting more familiar with the people in the foruns I think that would be easier to post something good. So... I would like to be tutored so I can help sooner the forum (I gonna try this the best way I can), I can beat the hell out of my friends and 69 is my favorite number (yeah baby, that's right), so would be nice if it give me some lucky.

Username:TeraVoltage
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Voltage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:CST, weekdays- 4- whenever and weekends i can get on any time.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 RU or BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am newer than most to pokemon's competitive side, but i like to think that i have caught on fast. So far while playing pokemon showdown i have practived and gotten beter. As for me personaly, i am a Sophmore in High School. I have been on pokemon since 4th gen but sadly i never got to battle until the end of the BW1 metagame, so atm my teambuilding skills are lackluster due to lack of practice.Overall i am easy to teach and i can learn pretty fast and catch on!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Definetly

Why i should be tutored
My lack of 25 posts is due to mainly being a lurker, and ocasionaly saying something when i felt that it was nessisary. Mainly due to me being the newer player that i am, i dont feel like what i have to say is correct or even matters. Lately i have began to get more involved so i guess that is changing!

I was also skipped in round 68

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: It depends, its mostly KingTR
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Around 11PM-3AM
Tell us a little about yourself:I played pokemon since FireRed and LeafGreen, but i just played it for fun. I started playing competitively since DPP started and I enjoyed it. I'm a college student and I go to school in Indiana. I like to read Naruto manga (Lets go Ten Tailes) and i study Art and Design. I play Tennis and basketball.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Sure

Yee has agreed to tutor me

Username: Ace Trainer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: AceTrainer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Around 10PM-1AM
Tell us a little about yourself: I played pokemon since Gold and Silver but i just played it for fun. I started playing competitively since DPP started and I enjoyed it. I'm a high school student and I go to school in Indiana. I like to read mystery novels and i want to do design. I play Baseball and basketball.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: primal powers (PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, 3:10 pm- 5:30 pm, 7:00 - 10:00 pm. in the weekend almost whole the day available
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU, if full then UU is fine too
Tell us a little about yourself: my name is Winston. I've been into pokemon for several years now, and into competitive battling for half a year. I really like it but I really need some help. NU is my favorite tier so far and I want to learn the tier better than I do right now.in real life I'm kinda busy, but in the weekends I'm really active and willing to learn and play a lot of battles.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: YES!
Why do I have less than 25 posts? I'm fairly new to the community (one month now). the fear of me sounding dumb has stopped me the most from posting, but I feel that after this round, I'll be able to speak with more confidence and thus, will post more.

Bryce

Lun

Username: White symphoni

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Bryce Loski/Bryce Loski WS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+6,around 5pm to 7pm and after 11pm at night

Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a student studying in 9th grade.My hobbies include listening to music,watching movies and anime.I've been on smogon for a while now.I was previously tutored in BW2 OU and with it certainly helped me to improve.Now I'm willing to learn other tiers so I can participate in tournaments more,starting with Ubers.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

Username: The Unlucky One
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:superwii64cube
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8 6-9pm weekdays, most of the time on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, DPP OU is fine too but i'm not as bad at it. xD
Tell us a little about yourself: Solid BW OU player, trying to get back to the older tiers for more variety.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I am willing, hopefully i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)