Apprentice Program: Round Sixty One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Welcome to round 61 of Battling 101. If you were tutored last round, make sure you send in you tutor evaluations. Our tutors dedicate a lot of time to this program and the evaluations help us assess their contributions. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what my application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels! All tutees from previous rounds are expected to submit evaluations of their tutors as well.

Assigned to Elevator Music

Username:
Puretrainer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pure
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 7pm-12am weeknights anytime on the weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19 yo college student and I skate and chill with friends in my spare time.

Assigned to HSA

Username:
Ace Attorney
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Waveshine/Float Cancel and loads more..
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST) 5pm-11pm (Can be quite flexible though) and pretty much anytime during the weekend.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon for a few months now, didn't really like OU, took a break, learned ADV and now is my fave generation. So now, I decided to try something new and figured Ubers looked incredibly fun so I decided to get better at that tier! Other then that, I'm an asian boy from Canada, very friendly, likes dancing, loves video games, love sports, etc etc.

Assigned to mostwanted

Username: Moomoswine
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Moomoswine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, weekdays after 5:30 - 11pm, weekends all day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, maybe some BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a senior in high school who is currently studying to be an engineer.
Shortly after the release of Platinum, I discovered competitive battling and loved it, so I played DPP OU, and I discovered this site soon after. However, I was never very good at battling, due to my subpar prediction and teambuilding. With the help of a tutor, I would like to finally improve.
Why I should be tutored: Since most regular posters are good at battling, I usually don't feel comfortable enough to post, so I mainly just lurk. I’m quick to learn and determined to improve. Also, I’m almost always available so we don’t need to be worried about scheduling.

Assigned to Alice

Username:
freedom2
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: freedom2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, my schedule is pretty flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a battler who wants to improve his skills via tutoring. Aside from Pokémon, I enjoy listening alternative rock. I like watching animes, too.

Assigned to Harsha

Username
: Scarfwynaut
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: rainydaydaydream (currently but traditionally its testn or Kirbx)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5 GMT (5 PM - 11 PM)
Tell us a little about yourself: Nothing much to say really, I’m into science fiction, pokemon, adventure time, and politics. I kind of want to get real good at pokemon because at hate hearing stuff like "I got to 1400 no problem" when I have only peaked over 1300 three times. I don't have a clue why this is the case, which is why I want to be tutored. If possible I would prefer someone that plays stall as that is the play style I am trying to master.

Skipped in rounds 58, 59, and 60.

Assigned to Noodlez

Username
: Cosbykid
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Cosbykid, Cosbykid V1
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 3pm-11pm weekdays and 9am-2am weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ou
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I've been a Smogonite for a year and a half now and I really love playing Pokemon! I discovered this site when I was looking for a cool moveset for my new shiny Poliwag and ever since then I have been hooked on competitive battling! I'm a freshman at my local high school and I was on the basketball team when the season was still here! If I get tutored then I will surely give back and tutor someone else! I understand how desperatley some people want to be tutored so we need more tutors and once I complete training I will surely help! I really have a hard time with teambuilding I just can't seem to get it right :(.

I have been skipped in 3 different rounds.

Assigned to yee

Username: Icy Arcanine
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Icy Arcanine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST available most weekends and weekdays from 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a senior in high school. I have been a fan of pokemon since I played blue and red as a kid. Just started to play competitively over the summer and I’m really looking forward to improving my skills as a battler. This is my fourth attempt at getting a tutor.
Under 25 posts explanation: My number of posts does not truly reflect how active I am on the forums. I visit the site nearly every day. I follow a number of forums and threads such as the CAP forum and the OU Create a team thread, however because I’m not very good at battling I don’t feel as though I have much to add to the forums currently, but after being tutored I’m hoping I’ll have more to add.

Assigned to BKC

Username: Funkasaurus
Shoddy Username: Funkasaurus, many other alias
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 3:00PM-11:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm seventeen years old, I live in New York, and I'm a senior in high school. I've been playing Pokemon since I was the age of four. However,
I've been playing Pokemon competitively since September '08. However, since the beginning of this generation of Pokemon, I had lost interest in playing the game. But, since
November of last year, I've wanted to come back. So, I feel this is my opportunity to.
Less than 25 Post Explanation: I think I should be tutored because I have the determination to want to become a good competitive battler.

Assigned to Eos

Username
: FinalLegendZero
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Final Legend Zero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5) Monday and Wednesday 12:15-1:45 pm, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 1:15 – 3:30
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student who has been a fan of Pokemon since the beginning. I want to battle competitively, but my performance in 4th Gen was quite lackluster. I was assigned a tutor last round, but we could not meet due to schedule conflicts. Before that, I was passed over in rounds 55-59 (except for round 57, where I was too late to sign up).
Why I Have Fewer Than 25 Posts: I’ve only been a member of Smogon for about one and a half years, and most of that time was spent lurking. I don’t have any experience with 5th Gen, and based off my ladder standings, I suck at 4th Gen, so I don’t feel comfortable posting often.

Assigned to Windsong

Username:
Takeo Otori (it was White _Queen)
Pokemon Online: Takeo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7; M/W 2pm-12am T/Th 11am-12am F/Sat/Sun 10am-12am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, Dpp OU, Adv. willing to learn anything.
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently in college trying to fill the time, looking for something that will make me happy and get paid doing it too. I Draw, Write, Play Guitar, Run and Fight. The reason for my low post count is, I only speak when i feel like doing so, I could have easily just gone around and made whatever posts, but thats not me.

Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

Username: dewhinifier
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Urban Dew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: eastern/gmt -5; 11 am-11 pm mon-thurs, 11 am-12 am weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU, BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: College freshman who is taking a semester off due to being unprepared mentally and financially. I've played pokes since 1998 and only recently got into it competitively. I'm from the great city of Louisville, Kentucky and attend the University of Louisville.

Got a tutor last round, but tutor was retired.

Assigned to Delko

Username:
Barbeller

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [BB]Barbeller
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: My Timezone is GMT+1, on in the morning on weekends (6:00 am – 10:00) and the evening all the time (varying).
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing competitively for about a year now, and have managed to peak on the BW OU Smogon ladder at 1198. I am also keen on NU, knowing a few of the main players at it.
Why I would like to be tutored because I have less than 25 posts: I would like to be tutored because I am starting to get slightly embarrassed at how bad I am. I would also like to get more involved in the smogon community, however I whenever I post I feel out of my depth, and I’m worried this hesitance is also holding me back from doing well.

Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Username: LighTz911
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: LighTz911
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just another random on Smogon. I'm terrible at this game. I don't mind either metagames.

coR.

Banned deucer.
Assigned to Stone Cold

Username:
~GreenCore
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: -GreenCore- / _Aozumi_ / Inori Y / _Dwi_ and more alters
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, almost all the day before the 15 pm cz i have classes at the morning
Tell us a little about yourself: mexican player who likes to play pokémon, and watch anime too <3 !

Assigned to 6A9 Ace Matador

Username
: HoiPolloi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: HoiPolloi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 18:00-23:00; on weekends all day
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Germany and I still have to go school. My favourite subjects are maths, chemistry and physics. After school I want to study medicine. In my spare time I do athletics, complex origami or obviously play Pokemon.
I already learnt BW and ADV and now I want to complete the triumvirate of the OU metagames by learning DPP.

Assigned to ChouToshio

Username: NoirEtBlanc
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: NoirEtBlanc (PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
GMT/UTC +7 (Jakarta); around 7 p.m. – 11 p.m. (GMT +7)
What tier do you want to learn?:
BW UU (mainly), also BW OU if possible.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m from Indonesia, 15 years old. I’ve played pokemon since I was 9, but got interested in Competitive Battling since last year. I learned about competitive battling mostly from guides and from watching other people battle. I mostly lurk on Smogon until yesterday, when I made this account. I sometimes thought of leaving comment, but I felt inferior to you guys, who surely have more experience than I do. I also play in PO sometimes, but with a different username which I don’t use anymore since a few months ago. I’m really eager to learn more about competitive battling, and I hope my experience – although not many- can help so that I can grasp the things given quickly, and contribute more to this community. I also hope my unusual timezone does not prevent me from joining this class.

Username: ElChuckadoro
Pokemon Online Username: ElChuckadoro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Hours of Availability are 3:00PM-8:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played Pokemon for 11 years, and I've tried to become good at competitive play on my own, but I can't figure out team building, prediction, or team synergy. I'm pretty much stuck in terms of growing as a competitor.
Why should I be tutored? (Less than 25 posts): I think I should be tutored so that I can contribute more to the community, so that I'm more capable of making quality posts, so I can actually contribute to the community.

Username: Snorlax 94
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Snorlax_94
Timezone: GMT +2; 17:15 - 22:00, on weekends usally earlier
Tier: BW OU, DPP OU (either is fine, but I'd prefer BW)
Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm a 17-years old guy, who lives in Germany and still goes to school. I have registered here last year, but I have been playing Pokemon competetivly for over 2 years now and I have enjoyed doing so. Recently I somehow got bored at playing and I think a reason for this is that I can't consider myself a good player: My team building skills are meh at best and when it comes down to decisions I feel like I fail at seeing the best move in a situation or like I take unnecessary risks.
That's why I decided to participate at B 101: I want to get a change by learning how to play at a competetively higher level.
I've been playing DPP for quite a long time now, but I couldn't get myself really into BW, which is why I'd prefer getting tutored at BW.
Less than 25 posts explanation:
I tend to lurk a lot. Also I don't like contributing in RMTs or in general at competetive discussions, since I think I don't have the right skills to make good quality posts. I hope that participating at B 101 gives me the chance to change this.

Username: setters4ever
Age: 41 (yes that is right, please don’t hold that against me)
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: setters4ever
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST, I am normally available everyday(except WED) after 6 PM before midnight.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an old man whose son (OdeDischarge) asked him to help with his team stuff, but got into it greatly, but I would like to learn how to team build and predict better as I feel my abilities are adequate but could be great enhanced with solid guidance.
25 Post Count: I do not have the required post count simply because any and all questions I have are either found by myself on Serebii or answered by my son.
P.S. I would really like to beat him (my son) at his own game.

Username: mrguy888
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: mrguy888
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 5. Sometime between 1:00 PM and 12:00 AM although it varies in those hours from day to day. I am quite flexible.
Tell us a little about yourself: I played DPP OU for somewhere around 2 years. After moving on to playing chess for almost 2 years now, I wanted to get back into pokemon to learn the BW metagame. My battling skills are mediocre but my team building skills are fairly poor so I would like to focus on that.

Username: OdeDischarge
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: OdeDischarge / Lemon Drops
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (GMT -6), I am normally available everyday(except WED) after 6 PM before midnight.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon for quite some time but only recently (DPP) got into competitive Pokemon. The new generation brought about a new desire to learn the competitive meta-game so here I am. I am confident that with the correct guidance, I will be able to show my true potential.

Username: Krenshaw
Pokemon Online Username: Krenshaw
Timezone & Usual Hours of Availability: GMT +9:30; Wednesday - Monday, 12pm - 12am; Tuesday, 12pm - 6pm
Tier: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a massive Pokemon fan ever since I got a Game Boy Colour and Pokemon Gold for Christmas back in 2000. I've long been a fairly average player of the Pokemon metagame, and I would like to improve on this. At the moment, I'm working on a damage calculator, a battle assistant, and a Pokemon metagame AI bot. I have also previously worked on a ROM hack, and I also have experience with forum moderation and administration.
Why I have less than 25 posts: I only joined the forums recently, but I've been using Pokemon Online, and Shoddy Battle before that, for quite a while now. I intend on making my first thread about my damage calculator. I'm hoping that Battling 101 will be a good opportunity to become integrated into the Smogon community!

Username: Parachuute
Shoddy Username: Parachuute
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, mostly every time of the day unless I'm working, which isn't really any set days.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW/Wifi OU and/or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Not much to tell really, I'm a economy student currently living in Norway. Loved the two first generations of pokemon but had a long break until just recently when I've really gotten into competative gaming. With that being said I love to compete and I'm a competitor by heart. It can be about anything, I just love to develop and test my own abilities against other players and I strive to be the best I possible can in about everything I do.

Why I haven't made more than 25 posts:

As you can tell, this in fact my very first post on smogon. The reason behind this is that I don't really know where to start and I dont feel like there's any use of posting if I dont have anything to contribute with. I'm new to competative gaming so I'm really hoping I can get a tutor to help guide me now to start with.

Username: Sound
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Sound
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5:00, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM is best, though I'm flexible on weekends. Not availible any time on Wednesday.
Tell us a little about yourself: I go to a technical school to learn programming, primarily game coding and HTML. I'm not a very talkitive person, even online. Though I do have a sense of humor if it counts for anything, even if it is somewhat dry.
Why I have less than 25 posts: As I side above, I'm not an outspoken person. I tend to only post if I'm 100% sure I'm right. I have been lurking here for a while, and I've also played a lot on the simulators. I have a shaky grasp on the basics of team building, but I'm like a kitten on a life boat in a typhoon when it comes to actual battling. The only time I remotely successful in lattering is with an HO team. I would prefer to learn basic offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)