Apprentice Program: Round Sixty One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Blaaz
PO Username(s): blaaz, [drac]blaaz, [ascn]blaaz, edible underwear
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4-10 PM monday-thursday anytime on weedkends my timezone is GMT-5
What tier do you want to learn?: i want to learn more BW OU ive never had a firm grasp on the tier and its the most important tier around here
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a freshman in high school and i play alto saxophone in the band. I've played pokemon since i was 4 and competitively since i was 10. ever since then I never found a spot in OU to be considered adequate so i found my most comfortable spot in the UU/ RU range. MY teambuilding skills are god awful but im willing to learn XP

Reason for under 25: I used to be more into serebii but ive been wanting to get off the ground with my youtube channel so i decided to hang around here more to get into the swing of actual competitive battling.
I have applied three times consecutively before last round

Deleted User [105998]

Banned deucer.
Username: TORFdot0
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TORFdot0, Youngster Joey, BroJ
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -6GMT on usually from 4pm to 4am
What tier do you want to learn?: 5th gen OU and UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well i woulda been first on the sign ups but my girlfriend wanted to go out for lunch :/ fail. LoL, but I'm a fun guy. Very talkative and friendly toward everyone. I'm a college sophomore and am study computer programming. I play a whole lot of other games too. because, darn it, steam sales. Anyways I really want to get more involved in the smogon community

Assigned to B-Lulz

Username: WDFAmatt
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: -NoRespect-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, available most days, inbetween 11AM - 10PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a teenager living in Britain and I enjoy playing video games, especially
pokemon. I had Eternal as a tutor last round, but he never showed up. I guess he was busy or something :(. I have
improved a little though thanks to some handy guides that he linked me :D. However, I would still wish to learn
how to teambuild and predict effectively as well as learn other stuff that is important and will help me get better
like synergy.

I am requesting B-lulz. If he isn't available, then I would like to request Delko.

Because Eternal was inactive last round, I basically haven't been tutored for 3 rounds :[

Username:Barfybog
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:barfy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST anytime after 4:00pm
What tier do you want to learn?:B/W UU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am in high school, taking a bunch of AP classes which is really tough. I really enjoy playing video games, be it PS3 or Pokemon. I also enjoy making videos/really short films and I am taking video production and editing class at school.
Why I have less than 25 posts: Well to be honest I just joined the forums because I really wanted to do the tutor program. I am definititely not the best in terms of knowing things about pokemon, and this really interested me and it seems like you guys put a lot of work into it. Thanks -Barfy

Assigned to Alucard

Username: Thepain

Pokemon Online: Thepain

Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 - Available almost anytime weekends, and 6PM - 11PM on weekdays.

What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a college student studying Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Statistics. Things I enjoy doing include listening to music, cycling, sleeping, playing piano, and PKMN of course. My means of communication if required are Skype, Chat Rooms and Xbox Live. I consider myself a half-decent battler, however I often fail to think my moves out efficiently, having a poor sense of Risk vs Reward, this, and some aspects of teambuilding are what I need help with mainly. My favoured battle style currently is stall/semistall, I am yet to grasp it fully though. My main goal is to become capable of laddering effectively with a well built stall team, hopefully 101 will help me achieve this.

Alucard has agreed to tutor me

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Mafeking
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Mafeking / LuckyBreak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 (Central), normally from 4pm+ during the weekdays, variable but normally longer on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I like to do quite a number of things! I want to be an author later on in life and plan to major in English in college later this year. I try to be friendly to everyone but also like to have a good time around my peers that I know really well. I want to be the kind of person whose dog goes looking for him when he dies; a good guy.

Oh, and Harsha agreed to tutor me (read: coerced me).

Username: IbanezObsession
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: IbanezObsession / salone
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (Eastern), on from 3:30 - 11 PM on weekdays (with occasional homework), and on pretty much all day on the weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a really friendly guy that can usually make friends with just about anyone. I always try my best at what I do (this of course would be competitive battling) and enjoy uploading my battles to YouTube for others to enjoy. I love teambuilding, but I feel that my prediction skills and proper move choices can improve.

I am also looking for a tutor that has a good amount of skill, so that way I can learn from a much better perspective. I am requesting Bloo if he is available.

Username: Skytt
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: PokeHero, Skytt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, 12pm+ most days.
What tier do you want to learn?: Mainly BW RU, and possibly BW UU. I'm happy with any tier tbh.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm been playing PKM since RBY and joined the competitive scene mid-late DPP, my main battling style being stall (i'm up for trying out different styles though). I've sticked mainly to the lower tiers and haven't played OU for about a year and a half. I'm not too terrible at batting, but my main problem lies with teambuilding and I would love to be able to make a great team for once to buckle down with and just straight up ladder. I would love to get a tutor as I didn't manage to get one last round.

Username: Sanitarium
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Sule
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (-8) CA time, usually on at 3:00 - 5:00 pm.
Tell us a little about yourself: High school student, Big fan of heavy metal songs, \m/
WHY I SHOULD BE TUTORED IF I HAVE LESS THAN 25 POSTS: Because I wanna learn more about making a flawless team with perfect synergy & unusual battle styles. I believe I can learn all that stuff from here. Im also New in this forum because i just heard about some strongth battler were also tutored from this site which is great.

Username: godbaka
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: raisweak, bigbitch,godbaka
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -8 GMT I'm on 2:30pm-12am
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a really competitive player and i always aim to win. I guess i'm alright at this game, but I really struggle with team building because in my opinion, the OU meta game is crazy but that's my favorite tier so I wish to get a tutor that can teach me how to build good teams.

Username: NickiNor2
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: NickiNor2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 EST Any day from 2:10 - 10:00. WON'T BE AVAILABLE UNTIL AFTER APRIL 28th!!!
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have played Pokemon since R/B/Y and I have loved it. I have tried to make several teams before and have made some decent ones, but nothing compared to professional players.
Why I have less than 25 posts: I don't usually hang around forums, but I feel the more I get into the community the more involved I can be. I just don't feel like a true member yet. After I finally become a good trainer I am definitely going to be more active on the forums. I feel I should be tutored because I take great pride in my love of Pokemon and I find it disappointing I can't make a good team. I need assistance to really get me started.

DID NOT GET TUTOR FOR ROUND 60

Assigned to M Dragon

Username: AvaZard
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Xx AvaZard/AvaZard
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt+1 (Spain) Usually on the afternoons from 6 to 10:30 (pm) and weekends on the morning.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW NU/ADV
Tell us a little about yourself: Spanish player, who loves playing basketball and playing with the Xbox xD.Im playing on pokemon since 2010 (october) and I like ofensive style.

Username: Pkrs
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pkrs
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5:00, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU, RU, NU.
Tell us a little about yourself: no longer need to explain so much after I've put 6 times haha, so have not changed.

Username: The Offspring
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Cinesra
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, or US central time, 3:00-6:00 weekdays, weekends either almost all day or not at all.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and UU, but I'm not opposed to learning RU and NU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Nick and I'm in high school. I like punk rock (my username being the band that got me into the genre) and have a lot of interests, but no real hobbies. I've liked Pokemon for as long as I can remember and started playing competitively about a year or so ago. I feel that I'm a decent battler, but still have a lot to improve on. I think that I'd contribute more to the site if I got a tutor and improved. I didn't get a tutor last match.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Omicron

Username: TrollFreak
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TrollFreak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 6-8 Weekdays, Random times weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself:I Like writing about Pokemon and playing VGC :3

Username: Vindicta
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Vindicta
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 8pm-12am weeknights, 10pm-whenever weekends. I can be more flexible if need be, this is just my preferred times
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU (Specifically Team-Building!)
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing Pokemon on the handheld games since the first generation, but I have not been involved with competitive Pokemon very long. I tried Shoddy Battle out a little bit last year but wasn't a big fan of it, however since trying Pokemon Online last summer I have been playing pretty consistently. My other interests include playing / watching most sports, particularly hockey, basketball, and tennis.
Reason for under 25 posts: I have been lurking for several months now and just haven't felt comfortable posting yet, mostly because I'm still pretty average at the game and don't want to sound like an idiot in my posts. I know as soon as I get a feeling of confidence in my knowledge of the game I'll be willing to post a lot more, and hopefully contribute some to the community.

Assigned to HellPowna

Username: DatOddish
Pokemon Online Username: DatOddish
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3, 3:00PM - 11:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Got back to Pokemon some months ago and I'm still adapting from all changes since Gen 4. I do have some decent knowleage in Team Building and Predictions, but I know that there's still a lot to improve.
Less than 25 posts explanation: I would really like to participate more on the forum discussions or help on the RMTs but I don't really think I have enough knowledge right now to really help anyone, getting tutored would certainly help me get more into the game and also be more active here.

I was "tutored" some rounds ago but our timezones didn't match that much, so we were not able to get in contact that much. I also tried to get a tutor last round but failed.

Username: GKhan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: GrandKhan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern, 6PM-12 AM most weekdays, very flexible hours on the weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, and Doubles (VGC) if there's time

Tell us a little about yourself:

I'm a sophomore in college, majoring in Biochemistry and Philosophy. I enjoy redditing and playing squash, and my friends and I usually party it up 2-3 nights a week. I've been a fan of Pokemon since R/B and have played a game in every generation (Red, Silver, Emerald, Leaf Green, Pearl, Soul Silver, and Black).

Why I should be tutored/have less than 25 posts:

I've actually been around Smogon for a couple of years, and my involvement has been progressively growing. For awhile I was using ShoddyBattle and would occasionally check Smogon for good EV spreads, and more recently I've created this actual forum account and have started posting. I initially didn't feel I have much to contribute, but since learning how to RNG I've been getting more involved. I already play a couple of battles on Pokemon Online every night.

In any case, I want to be a better battler and I ultimately aspire to compete in Nintendo's VGC tournaments.

Username: Soviet
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Soviet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, 3PM - 11 PM
What tier do you want to learn?:DPPt OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school senior that enjoys playing basketball, listening to music and pursuing academic goals. I am currently looking to go to college at NC State or Vanderbilt to become a nuclear engineer. I have been playing pokemon competitively for about a year and a half now but still need some work on things such as teambuilding and prediction, as well as older gens. I'm really started to like offense based teams so I'd like to focus on that. I'm hoping the b101 program can do this for me.

Username: Dragonmist19
Pokemon Online Username: Dragonmist19
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 4:00, 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM on weekends or Friday.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a standard OU player but im very creative with my teams and im a bit rusty on whats really used and whats not so i don't want to dig a hole for myself when i can bury that hole by re-learning about the BW OU battling community and i also like using feraligatr on my teams even though gyara is better(in everyone elses opinions.)

Username: MashDaButtons
Pokemon online Username: Polo Addict
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5:00 (EST, right?) 3:30 - 4:00 is the best time, available on most weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I play mainly fighting games with rushdown characters. Pokemon is nothing new to me. I have only just recently picked up competitive battling. I can predict fairly well. Also, I like basketball.
Why I have less than 25 posts: I really don't have much to talk about. I also have school and other things to do. I do check this site and the forums daily, however.

Username: Ranigad
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Tagg
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Most of the time after 5:00 pm PST throughout the week. Depends on the day.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon since I was in elementary school but I didn't start competitive battling until last year. I learned and played 4th gen (various tiers, Ubers, OU, UU, VGA, etc.) but I stopped once gen 5 came out. I'm interested in getting back into the metagame and thought that battling 101 would give me the best opportunity to do so. The biggest skill i would like to learn would be team building.

Username: Princess Bri
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Princess Brii
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 3-8 P.M.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU / NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi. I'm Bri. Apparently Haunter and I got married. Yup.

Assigned to prem for LC

Username: YTP
PO: PTY_YTP
Timezone: EST 5-11
Tier: BW Ubers / BW RU / BW UU / BW LC
Tell us a little about yourself: yolo?

Username: Nubagator
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Nubagator
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 /Central usually on from 4:30-7:30ish
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi. I've been playing pokes for years, but I've taken a long break from OU and would like to get well better. That and I'd like to get better at ADV if I can't get tutored for BW. I feel that I'm good enough at actually playing the game, but in my opinion my teambuilding is painfully linear. I'm a high school student who runs cross country, so yeah. that's fun I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)