Apprentice Program: Round Sixty One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Santuga
Pokemon Online Username: Santuga
Timezone: GMT
Hours of availability: Tuesday from 2PM - 10PM, Thursday from 7PM - 10PM, weekends ever day
Tier I want to learn: BW UU
A little bit about myself: UU has always been my favourite tier and I have been playing it since gen IV. I am decent at predictions and I usually get high on the ladder, more or less on the top 20 or 30. After Deoxys-D being banned, I feel like I have a chance to get back to my old playstyle and, with help from someone more experienced, maybe get a lot better and get into the top 10

I was assigned a tutor in the previous round but he dropped me due to quitting the tutor program

Username: Jub3r7
Pokemon Online Username: Jub3r7
Timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, about 7:30 - 9 PM Mon - Thu, and 12:00 - 2:00 AM on Saturdays and Sundays.
What tier do I want to learn?: BW OU
About myself: I am a sophomore in high school; I play the piano and often visit a video game sheet music website's forums. I enjoy a web comic called Homestuck and often try to get friends to join me. XD
I've been playing competitively (using PO) for a while and I feel like I know most of the basics, but I find myself repeating a lot of mistakes and not improving a lot. My tier on the Pokemon online server is currently circling the 900 mark, going up and back down every few matches.
Less than 25 posts explanation: I've been using Smogon's main site for a while but haven't been checking the forums as much as I should have.
I feel like the best way for me to improve right now is to have someone else explain to me what I'm doing wrong and suggestions on how to improve; the first thing that came to mind was Smogon's tutoring program. My actual battling has room for improvement, but I mainly need to work on team building.

Username:Gin N Juice
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Gin N Juice
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Eastern/Weekdays 6-10pm/Weekends 12am-5pm
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like to party, girls, art, and football. Football season is over right now so during the weekdays i'm just chilling, therefore i have some free time on my hands to learn how to battle competitively. I have played a good amount of competitive games previously and i really just want to learn this.

Why I Should be Tutored: I have a decent understanding of the game, also i have an excellent understanding of competitive game play. I would like to be tutored to gain the experience I lack, and learn strategies from other experienced players to create and execute successful teams.

Assigned to StevenSnype

Username: Multi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 5PM - 9PM/monday - friday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: So, i'm a decent person. Have been playing pokemon for a few years and want to get into multiple tiers. I like pie.
Why I Should be Tutored: If i'm tutored i could possibly bring great knowledge to other, less experienced players. I may also bring some creative techniques to my tutor, if possible.

Steven Snype agreed tutor me.

Username: Shinysyduck
Timezone: EST, UTC-5
Usually available: Anywhere from 4PM to about 10PM. ( Weekdays and weekends )
I would like to learn the BW OU metagame
About ME :D : Well, im a pokemon battler that likes to upload good games to youtube. I have made many many many MANY different teams, only a few of which were successful. On a more serious note, I would like how to build a well-structured team, as well as just be a better overall player. I can make good prediction, pivots , single and double switches. I also usually think creatively and mathematically when making decisions.
I dont have 25 posts because im more of a reader. In all honesty i didnt want to fill this out, so in desparation i made a bunch of crappy posts that i ended up deleting, because well; they were crappy. Well, I look forward to meeting my future tutor :)

Why I should be picked I think i can show potential. Even though im not always winning, I dont loose very badly. I really just hope I can get someone to give me that extra "umph" in getting me to where I need to be.

Username: Eugene
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Eugene (Amazing right :P)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Weekdays 6-10pm Weekends 10am -Midnight
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/UU/NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello, I'm Brandon. I am a sophomore and am a HUGE theater nerd (I lead "Moonface Martin" in our schools production of "Anything Goes." I love to sing and act. I've been playing pokemon since I was 10, I started late into the Gens with Gen 3. I love the game to death. I just started becoming interested in competitive battles a few months ago. I've tried PO and I've done reasonably decent, even though I'm awful at team building. I would like to learn how to make a unique team that contains pokemon I like as opposed to just "good" pokemon.
Reason why I should be tutored: Well I'm extremely interested in battling and I would love to have as much help as I can get! I love strategy and thinking of how to outsmart an opponent. I need help team building and choosing the correct moves. I need someone to critique my battle style and help me become better.

Username: MXIIA
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MXIIA/MXIIA
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST - between 6PM and 10 PM on weekdays and 12PM to 10PM on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school student with too many AP classes. I will graduate in a few weeks having taken 16 AP classes. My efforts were good enough to get me into an Ivy League school. I've been into competitive battling since the release of Gen IV (I even put this on my college applications :P) but have not gotten into Gen V at all. I am a programmer (PHP mainly), Linux enthusiast since 2008, and have a VERY math biased mind. I've earned a near perfect score on the SAT Math multiple times.

Assigned to Ojama

Username: Pokemazter
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Mazz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6
Tell us a little about yourself: Bloo's guaranteed me a tutor after the fiasco that happened last round with SDS. I look forward to improving.

Username: Dk Law
Pokemon Online Username: Dk Law/ Law test
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Tues/Fridays I'm free all day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I know the basics of battling, such as predicting and others, but I feel like I could improve my game. I'm actually pretty decent on the ladder right now but I would like help with team building. I think it is the skill I lack the most. More than half the teams I make are trash.

I was skipped in round 60.

Username: bubbly
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: bubbly, bubblytest#, dawn_of_reason, etc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+-8, 10am-9pm
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently at university in Western Australia studying for a Journalism degree. I play a lot of tennis, piano, and chess. I've made a couple of good 5th gen teams and made it onto the first page of PO rankings with them, but I still feel like I don't understand exactly how to build effective teams and could use some help. In particular, back in 4th gen I was an exclusively defensive player and I'd like some advice on making that work in BW.

Oh yeah, and *Passed over in Round 60*

Assigned to Hugendugen

Username: Ninjadog
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ninjadog
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10, Can be on from 10AM-Midnight most days
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey, I've been competitive battling for about 6 months, I'm ok at battling and Team building is something I struggle with. I'm currently in Year 8 at school, and enjoy watching/playing sports.
Why I should be Tutored even though I have less then 25 posts: I really want to improve at battling, and I think if I do, I will feel confident enough to post more and contribute

Username:xslowkingx
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:.Rai. or Kiyoshi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5 (EST) I'm free pretty much all the time
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU,BW UU,BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I love to do Karate. I am currently a 2nd Degree Black Belt in the art of Tang Soo Do. I play guitar, and love to sing. I've been playing competitive pokemon since the banning of mence in 4th gen. I have some skill in predicting and all that jazz, so I am relatively decent. I just need to work on team building mainly. Every team I make is trash. I would also like to try to venture out into BW UU and BW RU. They seem like a lot of fun.
Reason for less than 25 posts: I don't really have much to post about because I spend most of my time on the forums in the RMT section, and I don't want to give out false advice until I learn more about the metagames. So, I guess is read more than I post.

Username: MattDepp
Pokemon Online Username: Matt Depp
Timezone & Usual Hours of Availability: EST, 7:00PM-2:00AM Weekdays, Weekends if I’m free.
What Tier Do I Want to Learn: BW RU/BW UU/BW OU
Tell us a bit about yourself: I love music and everything to do with music (very excited for Meloetta to come out). I’ve first started playing Pokemon since RBY ever came out, as well as GSC, but sadly lost my way once school & work got in the way. However I got back in to it when BW came out and I’m glad I’m back in the game. I JUST recently joined Smogon; hence the lack of postings, but I love games that implement strategy, so if I can keep my brain sharp when old age finally catches up to me, the better. And what a better way to do it than in competitive play! I want to improve my skills as I’ve spent hours playing the games but haven’t accumulated much success outside of the very small group of friends who still play and in-game, as we all know gets old fast. I hope going through tutoring will improve my game greatly. Thanks for your time

panicopaura

Username: panicopaura
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: panicopaura / my peeps/ robo.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, 14.30 - 19.00
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Italian, sorry for my bad English. I started playing BW a few months ago, so i can't play very well and I make many mistakes. I wanna learn to building better to. Btw this can be a very nice experience for me, away from Italian battling which is now boring. Requesting Taylor if possible.
Why I have less than 25 posts: I joined smogon recently but I always attended italian's battling forums. When I've known about tutoring programs i decided to leave Italy and join international battling for a while.

Username: Throttle
Shoddy Username: Throttle
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4, 9:00 PM+, Anytime during Saturday and Sunday
Tell us a little about yourself: First of all, I feel mad old seeing almost everyone here is under 20 x.x I have been trying to get good in competitive BW OU, but have been getting beat most of the time. I am from Puerto Rico, I work as a software engineer, I love music, Scuba Diving and video games. I mostly like RPG's, specially if they are competitive, that is the main reason I got caught into Pokemon, very complex mechanics. I have also been trying to remember (by setting up various alarms) to sign up for the tutoring program for the last two months.
Why should I be tutored: Like I said, I'm a very competitive player who is very respectful, a fast learner and I would like to be able to develop my skills in Pokemon Competitive gameplay. I am very devoted to learning and even though my availability says that time, I can be very flexible. I would be really grateful if I was considered for a tutoring position. Thanks!

Assigned to Chieliee

Username: dragonboy52
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:tinyboy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+3(2-4, 6-7)
What tier do you want to learn?:LC
Tell us a little about yourself:I like Little Cup

Username:SuckaPunch123
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Something with Sucka_Punch in it
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -3:30 and from 4-11 Mon-Fri then almost all the time on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: 16 year old that goes to high school and plays for many different sports as well as plays pokemon in my sparetime.
Why I have less than 25 posts: I feel like I could contribute more and post more if I was a better player.

Username: CommandurrClowncrete
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:RbyCC
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:My timezone is Gmt +5:30 or Indian standard time. I CAN be online for pretty much the entire day except for sleeping time from 11:00pm to 8:00am because I have summer holidays right now.

What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU, B/w NU, B/w UU
Tell us a little about yourself:I have been battling for almost 18 months. I have improved with time but my teams and skill still lack that edge which can take me to the top where I want to be. Most importantly, my mid-battle planning skills and team-building skills are the ones which I want to improve.

IRL: I am a student of Computer Applications. I am studying stuff like Programming, Javascript,etc. I like watching football(I am a supporter of ManCity) and cricket. I also like animes and history shows.

Assigned to Ojama

Username:D4RR3N
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: A lot, but i mainly go by D4RR3N
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, 5pm-1am on weekdays, anytime on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, and some BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Was a tutor for the tier Little Cup in this program, but...

[23:22] <D4RR3N> man btw, can i drop out from tutoring lc? i'm too rusty at it to teach
[23:23] <blue> sure

so yeah. jokes aside, i'm a 15 year old asian, and i've been playing pokes competitively for over a year now. DPP OU is a tier i've always had problems with, no matter it's team building or late game planning, despite the fact that it was the tier i started out with, so i need help with it. As for BW OU, i'm pretty solid at it, but the problem is, other then Hyper Offense, there's not much playstyles that i know well. Therefore, i hope signing up again this time would help me master other playstyles well.

Username: Dark_Psiana
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dark_Psiana
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +1 15PM - 22PM
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a 17yo studen from Germany and I'm playing competive Pokemon for 2,5 years now. Ijust want to improve my BW OU skills in Teambuilding.

Username: J3Z0
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: J3Z0
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 - 8pm to 10pm
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like video games, acting, singing, and zoology, I'm currently studying Maths, English and ICT at college.

Under 25 posts: I believe I have just as much right to be considered to be tutored as everyone else because of my long-term devotion to the franchise, playing/collecting since I was 5, having plenty of experience in-game, and my determination to get better. I use Pokemon Online and play a lot to try to understand the competitive style and get better at it, but I feel I need an extra push to really become good in this field of play which is why I'm writing to ask for assistance. Thanks for reading~

Username: AnEntAmongMen
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: AnEntAmongMen
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4; I'll be on spring break this coming week so my schedule will be very sporadic, generally I'll be on mostly at night unless I'm staying out, but some days I may be on all day.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a senior in High School. I play a lot of instruments, spend a lot of my time doing that/playing drums in a band. Not much else to say, I hang out with friends a lot and shit, I'm pretty much just your average high school senior. I've agreed to quit smoking until school ends with my girlfriend so I won't be my usual stoned self, this may or may not make tutoring me easier :<

Assigned to Ray Jay

Username: Exclamation!
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: I have various alts
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, I can be online from 7PM to 9:30PM on weekdays and all the day on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively for 2,5 years, and eeven tough I'm not a great player, I can hold my own on the standard tiers. However, LC is so radically different that I can't seem to get into that metagame.

Username: Press To Play
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Press To Play
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, 12 PM - 1 AM
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an incoming Legal Management student in a country known for its obnoxiously hot weather and sex tourism. I love debating, swimming and history. I have played DPP OU to some success, reaching the leaderboards when semistall teams were still prevalent. I am usually vocal of my opinions and my favorite Pokemon is Shaymin.

Username: Wobbanaut
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Something that has the word Woobbanaut in it
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:+5:30 Holidays starting soon so should be free often
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU, BW RU
Tell us a lit tle about yourself:Well Im a nerd my favourite subject is maths and I play Table Tennis, Football and Basketball quite well. Ive always liked Pokemon and I got into the competive scene recently but im never able to cross 1200 in RU I find it difficult to cross 1100 Im sure that the tutor program would help me a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)