Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Welcome to round 67 of Battling 101. If you were tutored last round, make sure you send in you tutor evaluations. Our tutors dedicate a lot of time to this program and the evaluations help us assess their contributions. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what my application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels! All tutees from previous rounds are expected to submit evaluations of their tutors as well.

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Assignments

1. Alice - Pocket (DPP OU)
  2. august - Alaster (BW2 RU)
  3. BKC - Juicy Fruit (BW2 OU)
  4. Delko - El Rey (BW2 OU)
  5. dragonuser - Double01 (BW2 OU)
  6. DTC - ThisMysteriousGuy (BW2 NU)
  7. Fiction. - Lohgock (BW2 Ubers)
  8. Funkasaurus - Scubasteve23 (BW2 OU)
  9. Harsha - Azotal (BW OU2)
  10. HellPowna - FastFlygon (BW2 OU / DPP OU)
  11. HSA - Disaster of Scars (BW2 Ubers)
  12. JabbaTheGriffin - Awoken (ADV OU)
  13. Jimbon - The QWAZ (BW2 OU)
  14. Jirachi - xXPuppetMM2Xx (BW2 OU)
  15. Lavos Spawn - uvwxyz9 (BW2 OU)
  16. M Dragon - Living Things (ADV OU)
  17. Molk - Dr Ciel (BW2 NU)
  18. PDC - IbanezObsession (BW2 OU)
  19. Poppy - nwoskylite21 (BW2 Ubers)
  20. Ray Jay - dinosaurdan (BW2 LC)
  21. Steven Snype - Da Latter El (DPP OU)
  22. The Great Mighty Doom - FaceFaceFace (BW2 OU)
  23. Vinc2612 - Improbable (BW2 OU)
  24. Windsong - Redew (BW2 RU)
  25. yee - tjjerome (BW2 OU)

Username: IbanezObsession
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ibanez, -lotus-, Skydrops
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, pretty much any time on the weekends, and from 7-11 PM on weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling since June 2011 (and did actually make a Smogon account then but ended up having some unknown problem with logging in so I ended up making a new one) and I’m pretty dedicated to learning about the advanced mechanics of prediction and teambuilding so I feel that I make a pretty good tutee!

Was skipped in Round 62

PDC has agreed to tutor me

Username: WDFAmatt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: NO FEAR (PO), WDFAmatt (PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 (still +1 cause of DST), 4pm-10pm weekdays, 11am-11pm weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in England and I have been playing pokes for over a year. I did say that I probably wouldn't sign up
anymore in the last round, but I did say that IF I got a tutor I wouldn't sign up, so if I get assigned a tutor this round, I will no longer
sign up in future rounds. I'm ok at the game, but my battling skills really need improving, and also a bit of teambuilding. Got 2 BW OU tutors in the past, but they didn't do anything cause they were both busy, so I'm not so good at BW(2) OU. BKC was meant to be tutoring me unofficially, but we never got any sessions done :(

Requesting Nachos or HellPowna.

Skipped in the last 2 rounds.

Username: ThatsMyLatios
Pokemon Online Username: TML , Thats My Latios
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT (UK), Everyday except thursday and friday 7:30pm-11:00pm
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU and/or ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am very determined to be a successful player, various circumstances have prevented me from gaining full benefit from this program. I would rather learn DPP if there has to be a choice, but a tutor who is experienced in both would be absolutely ideal, I also wish for a tutor who enjoys to help people improve. My main weakness is teambuilding so I would love help in this field. I can use IRC as much as my tutor might want.

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Username: Double01
PO Username: Double01
Timezone and availability: GMT -5, 5 pm-10pm on weekdays and all day during weekends
What tier whould you like to learn? BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing pokemon since last august. All I play is RU and I'm pretty good at that tier and I would like to expand my abilities to OU since I really suck at OU and most tournies are centered around OU. The main thing I want to improve is teambuilding process. And I enjoy playing football and baseball.

Username: tjjerome
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: MrPopo314
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6; I am almost always available between 4 and 7pm MWF, 12 and 7pm TTh, and pretty much all weekend. This is a flexible schedule though so I can always be available earlier or later if needed.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, or anything else if that is full
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a Mechanical Engineering student at South Dakota School of Mines and Technology. I am active in many clubs such as band, theater, and Ultimate Frisbee. I love video games, especially Pokemon. I have played every generation of Pokemon game (I just got BW2 and finished the story in less than 24 hours), but I am just getting started playing competitively. It has made the game infinitely more fun. I am really getting into EV training my Pokemon and breeding them for competitive play. The part that I feel I am the weakest is learning how to build a good team and anticipate my opponents’ strategies.

Less than 25 posts: I believe I should be tutored because I look forward to becoming an active member of this community. I really haven’t commented much on the forums because I feel I haven’t been able to contribute as much as some more experienced players. I think being tutored will be a huge step in increasing my involvement on Smogon.

Also, I’ve been skipped in the last three rounds.

Username: soviet
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: soviet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt-4 3pm - 12am
What tier do you want to learn?: bw2 ou, bw2 ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I did my best, I have no regrets

Username: Uvwxyz9
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Uvwxyz9 or GeneralDash(preferred)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST but I’m almost always available, my work hours are flexible and I only go to school two days a week for three hours. I’m pretty much only busy at like 10 AM- 4 PM and late night if I’m out.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a 20 year old brony /) and I’ve been playing competitive poke’s since early DPP, but have never been that good. I usually sit around 1200-1300 and want to be at 1400-1600. I hope to gain the skills to one day be not only a top battler, but also a known contributor.

Username: Lohgock
Username: Lohgock. / Lohgock
Timezone: gmt+2
Usual times of availability: 7 pm - 10 pm weekdays, 7 pm - 1 am weekends
Tier: BW2 UU / BW2 Uber
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I'm a pretty good OU player who now wants to learn other metagames as I was a big fan of UU and Uber back in DPP.

Username: xXPuppetMM2Xx (Originally PuppetMM2)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: [PZ]Cathy Foye
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00-10:00 Central
Tell us a little about yourself: I love to play ubers often, love to play PS3 and pokemon of course. I live in Tennessee, and I am a brony. Also my skype name is: puppetmm2durp.

Less than 25 posts: I'm not very familiar with OU very much, better yet the BW2 version. I would like to get a better feel so I can become a better player in the main tier. I also don't want to become an anti-ou person. lol Also, I've been spacing myself from the pokemon community a lot, and I would like to get back into it.

Username: Husky
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Smokin' Aces
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1; Weekdays 19h-22h / Weekend 15h - open end
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I played Pokemon ever since Gen I and I never lost the fire that kept me go on playing. With Gen IV and Wifi-battling, I joined competitive battling, mostly sticked to OU, as it was the most comfortable tier for me. I never was interested in playing Ubers but now in Gen V, OU and UU are pretty much equivalent from my point of view. I actually want to learn how to battle in lower tiers as I noticed I have way less of a clue what's going on there and I hope that this will help me out in the end.

Username:slater
Pokemon Showdown Username:slateryo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:pdt/ gmt -7 i usually work 4 - midnight and habe mondays and tuesdays off
What tier do you want to learn?:uu and maybe some ou as well
Tell us a little about yourself:i played uu a bit back in the shoddy times once black and white came out i stopped playing now i have time to start playing again looking to learn the new meta game more and just overall be better. i have a uu team right now that get stuck at 1430's

Username: BloodBerry
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ShadowSheikah
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 1:00 PM - 10:00 PM Could always be later or earlier depending on my work schedule
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 22 years old and I have been playing Pokemon since I was 4. I really want to get into the competitive scene but I want to learn from somebody who knows how to play competitively. I was assigned a tutor a few rounds ago but could never get in touch with him!

Username: extremebeta
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: zero_gravity
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, weekday evenings and weekend afternoons
Tell us a little about yourself: Began playing a bit after Garchomp was banned in Gen 4, played until BW came out then quit for about a year or so, and just got back to this game this summer. DPP OU is my favourite tier, and stall is my favourite play style. But unfortunately it's freaking hard to make a stall team in BW2 >.< So i'm sticking with offense right now.

Username: FinalLegendZero
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Final Legend Zero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Monday 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm; Wednesday 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm; all nights 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student who has been a fan of pkemon from the very beginning. Smogon's tutoring program helped me a great deal with my OU battling ability, so I'm hoping it will help me perform in other tiers as well.

Username: Roshi
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Roshi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 6, during the evening on weekdays and throughout the day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU/OU (if no UU tutors are left I will gladly do OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student now, but I started pokemon competitively in 2009 fourth gen. Then I came back and dabbled in BW OU and then stopped playing again. The release of BW2 has sparked my interest in pokemon again, and it's a nice mind game (hax aside) to play that is easy to log on and log off without requiring too much of a time commitment. I am willing to put in as many hours as possible with my tutor in order to truly get better. I'd like to be tutored in UU because I feel like the metagame might be a bit slower and comparable to 4th gen standard as opposed to the fast paced, threat-filled OU metagame. That being said, I would love to learn OU if I can't get into UU because most people play it anyway.

Username: Improbable
Pokemon Online username: Clueless
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 2:00 pm to 10:00pm on most days
Tell us a little about yourself: Took a break from mons for a bit and now want to try to get better with the new meta. I've always been fairly decent with the game. Like soccer, watching movies and hanging out !

Got assigned a tutor last round but he never responded. Contacted Nachos and he guaranteed me a spot in this round.

Username: Disaster of Scars
Shoddy Username: Disaster of Scars (Pokemon Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I live in the Dominican Republic, Im available weekdays after 10pm, and weekends at anytime
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Uber, BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon since I was a child, but I found out about competitive battling on the fourth generation. I know all the basics and some more, but still, I need someone to guide me better on this game I love, but cant play at my fullest. I'm a funny guy, I like to learn and I'm a quick learner. I'd love to have this opportunity of having a tutor so I can get better.

NOTE: I have no post on smogon because I made a new account. The email I used for last account was hacked, so now Im trying to do all my pages with my new email. Nevertheless, I check Smogon almost everyday. Similarly, I go on Pokemon Online to test own strategies (that hasn't sucked at all, but they can get better), and sometimes all I do is watch other battles, so I can learn something new about the game everyday

Username:dinosaurdan
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: dinosaurdan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, Usually 6-10 everyday except Mondays/Wednesdays
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV UU/OU or BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself:All I play currently is NU, and I would like to try a different tier. I've always wanted to learn ADV UU, but LC sounds good too. I've tried both on my own, and they both didn't work out so well.

Skipped last round and every other round I have signed up for(2).

Username: tofu
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Synn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +11; Tuesday-Thursday 5pm-12am , Monday/Friday 10am-1am, weekends vary but between 10am-1am.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 20yr Australian Male. Been into the pokemon games since r/b/y. I played a bit of competitive battling in Gen 4 and trying to get back into it now. Really enjoying 5th Gen but feel i need help, looking forward to learning and meeting some new people.

Less than 25 posts: I believe with a little help from some more experienced players in the NU tier i can greatly improve, with these skills i'd like to be able to contribute to the community. I want to learn so that my knowledge will be able to aid me in contributing to smogon in different ways, such as helping other users with teams, contributing in pokemon discussions, participating in tournmanets and any other ways possible. Additionally i think the program would help introduce me to new people and help me become part of the NU community.

Username: AxelLow
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kyokusho(PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:CST Available every night after 10:30pm. Anytime Friday, and Saturday usually.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm the usual college student trying to finish up with my degree while working during a good portion of my spare time. I've been a competitive player in various other games, (mostly Capcom fighters), and have competed in several tournaments outside of pokemon. While I usually stick to a more casual play of pokemon, with the occasional Pokemon Showdown, I would like to dive deeper into it and start participating within it's competitive scene a bit more.

Username: pokelover217
Pokemon Showdown username: pokelover218
Timezone and usual hours of availibility: GMT Monday-Wedsday 2:30-4:30 pm and 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Thursday and Friday 2:30-9:00 pm. Saturday is pretty much all day. About 8:00 am- 2:30 pm on Sunday.
What tier do you want to learn: Any DPP tier, but preferably UU if I had to choose
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a middle schooler who has loved to play pokemon since I was 5. I've heard this program has helped a lot of people with pokemon battling, and I've been wanted to improve my pokemon skills for a long time. I believe that every Pokemon can be used for something, so I really don't care what DPP tier I work on for tutoring
LESS THAN 25 POSTS: I would really like to become a part of the community and use the skills I would learn to contribute to it. I havent posted anything mostly because I have nothing good to say. I have missed the sign ups for all rounds after the July one because I never knew the dates. So thank you for adding the calendar, by the way.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: FireMage
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: FireMage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1; After November 5th - pretty much anytime.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself: After trying out the RUforum ladder, I've fallen in love with the tier. - problem is I can't actually win a battle because I know next to nothing about the tier. I also think my playstyle could use some work.

Username:lokt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:lokt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt-8, 5-6 on weekdays, 1-3 or 6-8 on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:dppou
Tell us a little about yourself:I have been lurking since bw came out, and i would like to improve my teambuilding skills. I don't want to play bw because genesect, deoxys, voltturn and rain are broken.Also dragon spam is too effective. I want to play dpp ou because it represents an ideal metagame to many, and i beleive this metagame will help me improve my teambuilding and battling skills more than bw could.
I have less then 25 posts because i am a lurker and do not post alot. I will try to post more though once i am a better player.
EDIT:I was skipped round 64 and 66!

Username: FastFlygon
Pokemon Showdown Username: FastFlygon / -273.15c / PI Carlos
Timezone: GMT, Available pretty much any time from 14:30 or 15:30 until 23:00 weekdays, whenever is convenient on weekends
Tier: BW2 OU, potentially DPP OU if we get time
Tell us a little about yourself: 17 next march, enrolled in sixth form this september studding maths/further maths/physics/chemistry, I love videogames and the internet and also hanging around with friends.
I had a tutor last year, and he taught me a bunch, but he wasn't a fan of the BW2 metagame and it kind of showed. I'd say I'm an above average player, peaked in the top half of the leaderboard, but I need a little extra push to become really good.
I'd also like to get more integrated into the smogon community since I don't know people much aside from a few people I've spoken to on IRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)