Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: braveswin11
Pokemon Showdown/Pokemon Online Username: braveswin11
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 On weekends anytime,On weekdays 8 PM-9PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Well, I am a freshman high schooler who has never been able to grasp how to play OU(WEATHER). It's that I really don't know how to deal with the pokemon in OU, and it changes a lot.

Less than 25 posts:I have not been really part of the Smogon community because I learned about PO on their website.After the PO academy, I have learned that Smogon's is probably better.I want to contribute to Smogon by actually knowing how to play the main tier OU.

Skipped Round 66

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Haruno
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Haruno
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7 or west coast time. My availability is around 5-11pm on weekdays and varies on weekends but should be at least from 6pm-1am
What tier do you want to learn?: OU/Uber
Tell us a little about yourself: After playing in ubers for a bit and peaking at #1 before the reset it has officially made me love the tier so i would like to improve my knowledge in ubers. As for OU I'd like to learn how to play properly since the massive amount of viable mons in ou makes it overwhelming and from my losses in the suspect ladder it shows that I need some practice. I'm also a college student, been playing pokemon since r/b/y days, hate pets, tend to procrastinate alot for some reason but somehow still get the job done.

I just realized I put in the reason why I should be tutored in the tell me about myself section. Whoops. I mainly use PS.

Been skipped in round 66. Thank you

Username: feordis7
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Angry Scientist X or Plastic Alchemist on both servers
Timezone: -5, 6pm to 2 am everyday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been trying to improve in competitive battling with limited success. What success I did have was from Smogon's strategy guides, so I trust that that being tutored here is the best way to improve.

Less Than 25 Posts: I have not realized there was a forum here until this month, but I have did much research on battling and I take instruction very well, so I will learn this quickly, this is why I should be tutored.

Username: Azotal
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Same
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +8, available most of the day.
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a fairly off-and-on active battler, and I really like the game. I was pretty active in D/P/P but I didn't play much in B/W. Looking to get back into it.

Less than 25 posts: I've been really active on other forums (such as a game called toribash, my name is Zoro there), but I never really wanted to be active on the PO forums. I'll step it up here.

Harsha accepted to tutor me.

Username:Bedlington
Pokemon Showdown: Bedlington
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 4:00 (EDT); Afternoons (3:30pm -9:00pm) on Monday, Tuesday and Friday, 3:30pm - 4:30pm Wednesday and Thursday, 9:00pm - 1:00am everyday, flexible on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 17 year old guy who has loved pokemon for most of his life. I feel I know a little bit about competitive battling but I am not great at it. I would love to be tutored in order to become a better battler and member of the smogon community.

Less than 25 posts: I felt that I don't have enough knowledge on subjects on the forums and could not make any thoughtful remarks. I feel that I deserve tutoring as much as the next guy, (I don't deserve tutoring any more than the other people applying) despite my low post count, because I would become a much more active member in the community by increasing my knowledge in competitive battling.

I don't know if this matters because I didn't apply in the last round but I did not recieve a tutor any of the three times I did apply: 57, 58, and 62

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Redew
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Snow Beatle
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST -6 Most days after school and on the weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU / OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15-year-old from Illinois, I hate corn, and I love playing video games other than Pokemon. Most video games I play are Assassin's Creed, CoD, etc, but most of the time I'm on here or on #grammar on IRC. I normally try and apply, but I've been very busy this year and I've finally found some free time now that I've managed my time a bit more and I'm hoping to get a tutor this round.

Also, I hate the Yankees with a passion.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Username: Level 51
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Level 51
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Usually 5 to 9 pm, GMT +8; starting from 29 October, probably 12 noon to 9pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU, possibly BW2 OU.
Tell us a little about yourself:
I like math.
I like pi.
I like Pokemon more.
This and Round 68 look to be the only rounds of the year when I'm this free. :<
Thank you very much! :>

Username: Radiant Miku
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Radiant Miku(PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 Anytime in weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU, RU or NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an average 19 years old guy who likes Pokemon and anime. I'm also a big Vocaloid fan. I lurked here for a long time, but I made the big step in the game only some months ago. After a rough beginning, I started doing something decent, but I still feel I have much to learn to become good. That's why I would like to be tutored. Disgusted by OU's chaoticness, I found a place in lower tiers, and I would like to get tutored at least in one of these.

Got skipped in Round 66.

Username:MuzaaK
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:MuzaK (pokèmon Online) Engy (pokèmon Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT +2 From 8pm to 11pm (except for Saturdays)
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm an old date pokèmon player, but I played competitively since DPPt, but I've stopped in 2010, so I missed the 5 gen in this years and I've restarted play seriously in September, I've a bit of knowledge in LC and VGC but I want to be better in Wifi OU ^^
Less than 25 posts: I bit unskilled and in this forum I was unactive because of that. But I want to be more active in this forum and learn a lot of things. C:

Username:huntman1021
Pokemon Showdown Username:huntman1021
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST From 8pm to 11pm
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2UU
Tell us a little about yourself?: i have played pokemon for many many years but never competitively. i have been surfing the smogon site for years and have had friend show me the ropes but now i really want to get into the whole battle thing
Less than 25 posts: i may be new to the battles but i really wish to learn more so that i can be great and maybe one day be a tutor to someone else

Username: The QWAZ
Pokemon showdown username: QWAZ
Timezone: GMT, available from 4pm to 8pm weekdays and 2pm to 9pm on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU and possibly RU
tell us a bit about your self: I play tennis, i'm taking a black belt in karate in february. I'm curretly working at an A grade in English, physics, business studies and spanish.

Jimbon has agreed to tutor me.

Username: Alexander

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Alexander, _Alexander_ and similar

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1

What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 14 year old boy from Italy and I've been doing competitive for about 2 years

Username: Juicy Fruit
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Juicy (varies)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt+1 5-9pm.
Tell us a little about yourself: Keen basketball player, long time forum lurker-come-member. I like doing art and have submitted a few pieces for tournaments, I live in England and am a massive Arsenal fan. I play football and basketball for the school and generally like sports. Studying Bio/Chem/Maths/Spanish at school and generally love talking to people, reading, writing - quite a creative person all in all. Have a tendency to disappear during exam periods though... I want to be tutored because although I had a decent grasp of Gen4 I found the transition to Gen5 very difficult and i would appreciate if somebody could help bring me up to speed.

Was assigned the wrong tutor last round and have been guaranteed a spot by Nachos in this one.

Username: Terraquaza
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Terraquaza, Lindsey Stirling
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, DPP OU,
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, 3 PM - 11 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in Germany and I like football, videogames, sleeping, icetea, my classmates, my german pokebuddies, just as example. I'm a really happy person and I'm almost always in good mood. I play Pokemon since 2008 but I dont want to lose ADV/DPP Tours in R1 anymore z_z

Username: pieguy13
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: pieguy13
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 5pm to 9pm weekdays, 10am to 10pm weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Got into the competitive scene this past summer and want to improve my game.

Got skipped in round 65 and 66

Username: Lillipup123
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Brand New Eyes
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, mostly 8pm till 10 pm weekdays (this week I have vacation, so I've got more time), and 11 am till 9 pm on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in Holland and my deepest passion is music. At the moment I'm studying to become a singer at a conservatory in Holland. Besides that, I've played Pokemon games since I was very little. I still have my Gameboy Color somewhere lying around here and last summer I bought myself a Nintendo 3ds. Pokemon has always been in my life and I love it, but I've never done competitive battling before and I would like to learn it.

Why under 25 posts: The main reason I subscribed to this forum was for the battling 101. I wanted to post more on the forum, but I was afraid I would come across as a noob so I didn't :P That's why this is my first post here EVER.

Username: ZLOZ
PokemonShowdown and PO Username: ZLOZ
Timezone: GMT -8:00, I'm free Tuesday nights and Weekends from 6 to 11pm
Tier: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a new mechanical engineering student at the University of California Berkeley and when I'm not studying I'm playing Team Fortress 2 or playing on PokemonShowdown.
I've attempted to get into the competitive pokemon scene multiple times over the past year and every time I do I can never quite put a strong team together and usually end quitting.

Less Than 25 Posts: I really want to be a part of this community but I didn't want to the kind of person who voices their uninformed opinion on a forum. Being tutored will hopefully be my first step into becoming more involved in the community.

Username: Bluewind
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pokémon Online - Bluewind
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 ; I'm almost always online.. You can find me on both the Beta/Main or on the server: Groudon's Grotto.
From 21.00 to 23.30 are available every night!
What tier do you want to learn? B2W2 OU.

First I introduce myself. I'm Bluewind and I'm Italian battler. This game is a few years competitively in pkweb Italian.
I apologize to everyone, but I do not speak English very well XD
I hope to be welcome among you because I learn a lot.

Ps: Smogoner Some have told me that there was already a Bluewind on Smogon, I apologize but I didn't. I will certainly appreciate for what 'they are and how they are! :)

Username: MikeDecIsHere
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:MikeDecIsHere
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT, Evenings during the weekdays, whenever during the weekend
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I need help with RU, haven't played it in ages, and want to be decent at it. Please help!

Username: Skylite
Pokemon Online Username: Skylite
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+4 almost every evening starting from 9 p.m. or so
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers, BW2 OU, BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 21 y.o. I live in Moscow, Russia. I study at the Linguistics University. I've been playing competitive pokemon for, I believe, 2.5 years or so. I also run a Moscow Pokemon TCG league. I love football, wrestling and anime.

Why under 25 posts: The thing is that I don't usually hang out at forums, and the reason I subscribed to this forum was battling 101.

Username: A Cat the Destroyer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Don't have an acount yet, usually go by acat though.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, best is usually 3:00 - 4:30, weekends vary
What tier do you want to learn?: OU2 VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a huge Pokemon fan. I have my Pokemon team built, and am building a new one in White 2. I bought the game at midnight. I also haven't ever one any big battles. I have only ever won 70 wifi battles. I have lost 200+ battles there. I am truely awful, even though I ev'd my team. I would like to learn what I have done wrong so far, and build a better team, so I can win some battles. I want to go from awful, to great! And not last place in the regionals!

Why I am under 25 posts:

I have been busy with school lately, and haven't been taking the time to post. I have been browsing around for months though here.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Username: Da Letter El
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: smooth
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST, I can work in any time outside of 9-3 on Monday, wednesday and friday cst.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, BW2 OU but I'd prefer the former!
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi I'm Da Letter El. I play mafia on circus maximus a lot. I should play more pokemons. I like long walks on the beach and do debate at school.

Stevensnype agreed to tutor me EDIT: in red now because it looks like all the cool kids like to put this info in red.

Username: xValiant

Pokemon Online Username: ValianT

Shoddy Username: valiant

My timezone/hours of availability: GMT +0 / 11:00am -11:00pm

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 / NU

Like most of the ’92 kids I fell in love with Pokemon since I got my Blue Version…and a few years later here I am playing Pokemon again and this time is Pokemon White. I’m from Portugal, so English is not my first language but I will try my best to make it understandable.

I’ve been battling for like 1 month ‘till my 3Ds died, aha. Right now (until it gets fixed) I’m playing Pokemon Online and I’m trying to learn by myself but it is really hard to find new players like me…most of them play for a long time or had someone to teach them which makes them really hard to defeat. I’ve been doing my own research and I know a few basic things so I guess it won’t be that hard to teach me plus I’m really determined to become a better player :)

Username: Joel
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: "James Bondage" on PO2, "Joel" on Showdown
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (U.S. Central Time), and I am most available whenever right now, as long as we on't go into the wee hours of the night on weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU Standard
Tell us a little about yourself: Skipped over in Round 65, tutored in Round 66, but would like to try and learn more. My Round 66 Tutor didn't teach me anything more than I already knew, but I still think I need major improvements.

Username: Scarfwynaut
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Scarf
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3, 7 PM - 12 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I play stall, a fellow stall tutor would be great. I am an scifi nerd. In college at Marywood, mathimatics secondary education major.

Skipped in the past 2 rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)