Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a tennis match at 2 unfortunately, might be a little late.

Username: Jayde
Pokemon Online username: Jayde
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, weekday nights and random hours weekends, usually not at night tho
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I had a short stint in BW OU in 2011 before I quit to play some MK7. I'm back now that the game is pretty much dead and want to get back into BW2. I guess I'm an ok-ish battler already, but I need some help with team building and some in-game decisions. I play tennis and basketball, as well as some lax out of school. And ye I'm Indian.

I've already talked to Harsha, and he seems to be the right guy to give me what I need from this round (agreed to tutor me). :)

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: electrolyte
Pokemon Showdown Username: electrolyte
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4. Available 4-5 PM on most days. Scheduling will have to be discussed with my tutor.
Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm a frequent team rater and poster in the OU forums. I created an account this summer after lurking for about a year. I started the 3rd OU CCAT, which is currently running right now. I want to get tutored to improve my teambuilding skills and knowledge of the metagame. I'm an avid violin player, and I love math, chemistry, and biology.

Username: PancakesofDoom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PancakesofDoom
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5:00PM - 10:00PM Central
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been into Pokemon since I was 5, I'm a big video gamer and I play the piano. I'm new to competitive battling and I really want to learn more about it and get better. I remember dabbling around with Pokemon Online last year without a clue how things work. Now since BW2 is out I've been inspired to give competitive battling another shot!

Less than 25 posts: I would love to be a part of this community and with help from more experienced players I will hopefully be able to learn more about competitive battling and how to build effective teams.

Username: exotic
Pokémon showdown: exotic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt +2 usually around from 5 till 8 except monday and wednesday.
What tier do you want to learn?: bw2 ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 17 year dutch boy. I've been lurking around since the beginning of bw ou, but I have never feeled the urge to make an account. I've been playing uu a lot and now I would like to learn the ou metagame. Whenever I try to play ou I suck and that is why I don't play it.

Less than 25 posts: well, I'm just posting because I want to learn the OU metagame. Also, I want to be part of the community blablabla.

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Snowflakes
Pokemon Showdown: Snowflakes
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -4 GMT, I work so and it's shifts so the times are inconsistent but generally times around noon-5am depending if i work from sometime in between that.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing off and on Smogon sims since shoddy and i've improved a bit but I still make a lot of mistakes and I don't always understand the basics of making a proper team.

Great Mighty Doom has agreed to tutor me

Username:Scubasteve23
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Scubasteve23
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST, a lot of availability
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 19 year old aspiring chef who also played guitar, bass, drums, piano, banjo, and harmonica. I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue came out and have never stopped. I'm a decent BW2 OU battler but I want to get better so I can try and get farther in tournaments and whatnot. I was tutored by Skynet a few rounds ago and he helped me with some team building strategies. I just feel like I still have a lot to learn though.

Also, skipped the past 2 rounds

Username: ThePichu
Pokemon Online Username: extremepiwy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+11, free 4pm-9pm on weekdays and almost any time on the weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been battling in the competitive scene since May this year. I believe the Apprentice Program would be a great place for me to gain the skills and knowledge to be a good battler and contributor. I'm very determined to about learning the advanced techniques and becoming a successful player myself.

Less than 25 posts: I've only recently begun in the competitive scene and I don't think I have sufficient and correct knowledge to contribute to the community. With the knowledge I will gain in this program, I will hope to contribute to many posts, develop a stronger relationship with the Smogon Community and someday, even become a tutor myself.

Username: Awoken
Shoddy Username: N/A
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 8:00PM-1:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU (the best gen), GSC OU, DPP OU, any of
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve been playing competitive ‘mons for a year now on the PO server, and have gotten somewhat proficient with ADV, though horribly mediocre in the other two. I’d really love to improve my understanding of these old generations with the help of more experienced players. I find them extremely enjoyable and really want to get better. It would be nice if my tutor is knowledgeable in all these generations, but obviously beggars can’t be choosers. I consider myself a respectful person, and a good learner.

Fewer than 25 posts: I’ve lurked the Smogon forums for a long time, but only became a member very recently. As the only tier I can claim to have any amount of experience with is ADV, I haven’t been able to contribute much, seeing as there’s not a lot of old gen discussions on Smogon. I have been following what threads there are though, and I’d love to gain sufficient knowledge to be able to contribute!

Username: RandomName12321
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kale12321
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5 GMT most of the time, but mianly 6pm-10pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I enjoy being in my school's marching band, reading and, of course, playing video games. I am really good at math and i really enjoy the subject. I am a pretty good battler, but a horrid team builder and my prediction skills need a little work. I tend to over-predict or just over-think situations. I am really bad at team building, but I do like using interesting cores that I generally think of or see that interest me. I haven't really made any impressive peaks, besides 1350~ last year on Smogon's server on PO, but that has been a while and that in itself isn't that good. I'd also like to meet some people here at Smogon, seeing as I mainly lurk or use it for the strategydex.

Username: Ulysses
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ulysesssss
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -6, 5-11pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a former dpp ou buff who hasn't played in a while and would really like to get back in the game with the advent of bw2. Also, fuck drizzle.

Reverb was assigned to be my tutor in round 65, but he disappeared on September 12th and I only ever got to meet with him twice.

Username:GC7
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PS/PO - GC7
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7 /Pacific Los Angeles Time available from 8-10 pm
Tell us a little about yourself:Well i am 21 years, i am currently attending college trying to major in Engineering, somethings i like to do on my free time are playing soccer, hiking, and going out to the movies mostly,

Reason why I should get tutored: Well I have been a user of this site for a while now but I have never been so forum active because i feel I dont have the knowledge to be a good team rater, I really wish I could get tutored that way I can help other people with their team building, a way of returning the favor that smogong would do to me, I would also like to be able to participate more in the RMT thread, hopefully with the knowledge i would obtain from the tutor program I can help others In the thread

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Username: Dr Ciel

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Frosty Cone

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, pretty much whenever

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 23 year old registered nurse from the coastal town of Venice, Italy. I enjoy sports, (baseball mainly), 80s music and just hanging out with my friends in general. As for Pokemon, I've been doing competitive for about 5 years or so.

Username: thebestofthemall
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: tbota
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST... 2 PM - 10 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I don't do much. I enjoy learning about the aspect of competitive pokemon though.
Why I don't have 25 posts: My activity on this website provides enough reasoning that I'll be active for the duration of a round. Additionally, I don't believe I need to make posts to be a good battler, so I only post when I need to.
Skipped last round

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: Pocket
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pocket
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT / EST - after 11 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently into listening songs on Spotify and drinking fruits / vegetable / nuts food slushy with Nutribullet ;)

Username: PryorConvictions
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PC2, PryorConvictions
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, 3 PM to 11 PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: I like offensive teams. Pokemon is a nice hobby that I enjoy next to sports and other trivial things. I hope I learn something from this.
<25 posts: When you're bad at Pokemon, you don't have much to post. Therefore, I don't have many posts, although I do get on this site everyday usually. I try to post when I can but that's just not possible when you want to look intelligent. I really want to become an active team rater.
Requesting a team rater
GigaPunch did not meet with me once during the duration of a round.

Username:Starmielazer
PS Username: a, Not Chicken,Random A, Random Not Chicken, Cursepert
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, On Sundays, (8 AM- 3PM), On Others, 5-7:30 PM
What tier do you want to learn: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:When I joined here, i was a Random Caps Noob, but now, I have improved all over the course of Smogoning. I play at Pokemon Showdown, which is the best Simulator for me.

Username: Living Things
Pokemon Showdown/Pokemon Online Username: living things
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt+1 usually between 4 and 10 PM everyday
What tier do you want to learn? ADV OU and DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I play pokemon competitively since april 2011 and i can play almost every bw tier except lc, and do well in ru and uu. I'm only average at best in dpp and a beginner in adv though and believe that i can do better in those metagames if i get a experienced tutor. I'd also like to get more integrated in the community since i don't know many people here. outside of pokemon i go to school, play football and other videogames etc.

Username: Leen
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Leen (Can go on all 3) EDIT: Not sure if I can get the username on PO/Shoddy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific Standard (GMT-8) 8PM-2AM.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm kind of a weird kid, I like nature, big MGMT and Seabear fan, brony, concerned over trivial things while everyone around me's crazy about school and stuff. I just wanna relax, have a snack, have an awesome time with people. I guess we all want to have an awesome time though haha.
Less than 25 posts: I'm kinda shy about joining new communities, but I really want to learn how to battle competitively and meet some people. A lot of my friends play and pokemon's an awesome game IMO. I usually find myself ahead in most games, but I'm far behind as we speak. I feel like now's the time to take the initiative and have some fun. I never felt like I could contribute and with this program I can improve a lot and make some cool friends.

Username:El Rey
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:El Rey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-5
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Been playing for about a year, and I wanna learn more.
Under 25 posts:Been busy with school, and I wanna learn more before posting.

Delko has agreed to tutor me.

Username:UniUxie
Pokemon Showdown Username:UniUxie
Timezone:EST, Available at the times of 5:00PM-10:00PM during weekdays depending on homework, 12:00PM-12:00AM on Saturdays and 4:00PM-10PM on Sundays because of church.
Tier:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Well, I like pokemon and many other thing that people would say is stupid or immature yet I act more mature than many people in high school and in my senior class(skipped freshman year) and I love chess. XD YAY go chess. Also, I am a PSEO(post secondary education option) student and I go to a community college and earn both high school credits and college credits. Not to mention, I got skipped the last time for the apprentice program.
Less than 25 post:I do have less than 25 post but that's because I'm still a beginner and I usually won't have anything of significance to say. So...XD

Username: doublenikesocks
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: doublenikesocks
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific and 6-9 pm weekdays, 10-10 weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I love to play pokemon and would like to learn more about OU. I was tutored in Ubers so I have some background. I would also like to improve my teambuilding skills.

I was skipped in round 64, and 66

Mr. Uncompetitive

Ugh Cough! Cough! Splutter!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: ThisMysteriousGuy
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Mr. Uncompetitive
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Generally Fridays 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Saturdays 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM (GMT -4/EST)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU, DPP Ubers if there are no NU tutors available for some reason.
Tell us a little about yourself: 14 year old nerd in New England who has loved Pokemon since I first played Ruby when I was 5. I'm decent at Ubers and pretty bad at pretty much every other tier, since I generally suck at teambuilding. Out of all the tiers, I've wanted to improve NU the most since I feel it's the most varied metagame and I've had some fun with it in the past, despite the fact that I horribly suck at it. If there are no NU tutors available, I'd like to learn DPP Ubers since I'd like to expand my knowledge on the only tier I'm not terrible at.

EDIT: DTC has agreed to tutor me

Username: kRunsOverU
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: kRunsOverU (krulesu)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5:30 - I'm usually available most afternoons and some evenings after 8 local time. Saturday and Sunday afternoons are free.
Tell us a little about yourself: I love playing tennis and badminton. I'm pretty decent at battling and get into the 1600's in the ladder. I think i lack in teambuilding and that is why I want a tutor who could improve my teambuilding skills as such.

Why I have less than 25 posts - I'm relatively new to smogon and am not too sure on the places where I have to post yet. I have given my views in the overused forum though. I generally feel that i may be too inexperienced to give sufficient help to that particular thread.

Username: FaceFaceFace
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: BleepBlop
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+12; available most times.
Tell us a little about yourself: Been here for a few months now, and want to expand my knowledge on the metagame. More concerned with in-game tactics, although team-building is also a big interest.

Skipped the past 3 rounds.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Username: Dark Fallen Angel
Pokémon Online/Showdown Username: CutieBoyDarkAngel
Your timezone and usual hours of avaliability: GMT -3 (Brasília) I am usually avaliable from 11:00 to 1:00 but sometimes I am not avaliable until 13:00, where you are guaranteed to see me online.
Tier that you want to learn: BW2 OU (and BW2 Ubers if possible, but my priority is to learn BW2 OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an average competitive Pokémon player, I am having sucess with many battles but I am still not that good. I want to improve my skills and solve some problems that I have, such as "six-teamslot syndrome".

Although I didn't got skipped on the last round, my tutor never actually tutored me, and Nachos said that I wasn't assigned anymore to that tutor, and that I should try on this new round. I hope that you understand and assign me to a tutor, preferably one that is compatible with my GMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)