Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to round 66 of Battling 101. If you were tutored last round, make sure you send in you tutor evaluations. Our tutors dedicate a lot of time to this program and the evaluations help us assess their contributions. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what my application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels! All tutees from previous rounds are expected to submit evaluations of their tutors as well.

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Username:Metroid78
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Xclus|M3troid. on PO -Met on PS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Weekdays 4:00 PM to 10:PM Weekdays most of the day is good
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a 13 year old boy who likes pokemon,soccer and other video games

Raseri has agreed to tutor me.

I was skipped last round.

Username : Skwayz
PO / PS! Username: Skwayz
Timezone: GMT+2, available 5PM to 9Pm on weekdays, and free on weekends.
What tier do I want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little bit about yourself: French student, playing for like 6 months, hanging with friends most of the time when I don't play pokemon.
Why I have less than 25 posts: Mostly because I've created an account for this round.

I really want to improve my skill as a competitive battler. I'm a fast-learner and enjoy all kind of gameplay.

My tutor on previous round didn't answered me; PDC agreed to take me as his second tutee, but we couldn't really see each other because of the different timezone.
Nachos told me I'd have a tutor for sure in round 66.

Also, Delko agreed to tutor me this round.

Username: Rosario
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Acetylix
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, pretty much anytime on weekends, and weekdays 6pm-12am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a pretty dedicated kid, I enjoy posting on pokemon forums in their competitive pokemon sections. I'm not too bad of a battler and I've been battling competitively since June 2011, and I'm sure I've progressed somewhat. If I set my mind to it, I can accomplish many things - in real life and competitive battling. I've managed to earn myself some milestones in the past year, but tutoring can give me just that final boost

Under 25 Posts: I don't really have too much to write/contribute to smogon at the moment, but I know what I'm talking about. I could post/contribute more to smogon if I had that extra little tutee experience; then I'd be more acknowledged of what I can post, where and have a clear idea of exactly what i'm contributing

Dragonuser has agreed to tutor me, I see him on other forums quite often, and timezone difference won't be a problem

Username: Juicy Fruit
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Juicy (varies)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt+1 5-9pm.
Tell us a little about yourself: Keen basketball player, long time forum lurker-come-member. I like doing art and have submitted a few pieces for tournaments, I live in England and am a massive Arsenal fan. I play football and basketball for the school and generally like sports. I want to be tutored because although I had a decent grasp of Gen4 I found the transition to Gen5 very difficult and i would appreciate if somebody could help bring me up to speed.

Username: Radiant Miku
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Radiant Miku (PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 Pretty much any hour in weekends and in other days around 4-7 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an average 19 years old guy. In my free time I like watching anime, reading, drawing, hanging out, etc. I'm a timid person at beginning but once I get used to someone, then I can talk with him/her very easily.

After lurking for a long time, I decided to make the big step some months ago. After a rough beginning, I became somewhat decent but I still struggle in things like teambuilding and I would appreciate if someone could help me.

ss234

bop.
Username: Silvershadow234
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Silver Shadow 65
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0, 4pm till 7pm weekdays and 8am till 8pm weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in England, and have played Pokemon since I was about six. I started playing competitively about a year ago. I don’t suck completely-but I could really do with some help on battle strategy and teambuilding. I’m generally a friendly person, and I am good at learning. I like making new friends as well, and I love using under-rated Pokemon.
Last round, I was tutored by Texas Cloverleaf but we only spent about half an hour together.
I’d like to request Molk please.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: TrollFreak
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TrollFreak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU / BW NU / BW LC
Tell us a little about yourself:
Yankee fan who loves watching the BoSox lose, taking AP Classes, one more year until college, trying to be a balanced player in the luck based sport of Pokemon

Username: ShakeItUp
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Mystery
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Central Time 4pm-8pm on weekdays and it varies on the weekend.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 16-year old Indian kid...been on Smogon for about a year and I suck at DPP OU :<

BKC agreed to tutor me.

Username: llvallejoll
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: VallejoMC
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4Pm-10Pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 UU, BW2 RU, BW2 NU and BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm from Colombia, I play Pokemon for about 10 years, only 2 years competitively, I started with ADV and I'm good, or I think so ^^ Now I would like to learn more about BW generation, meet new players and raise my competitive level a little more.

Skipped in round 64

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Username: Dr. Ciel

Pokemon Online Username: Elegant Emerald

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, Just give me a time and I'll be there

What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 23 year old registered nurse from the coastal town of Venice, Italy. I enjoy sports, (baseball mainly), 80s music and just hanging out with my friends in general. As for Pokemon, I've been doing competitive for about 5 years or so.

Username: zpattack12
Pokemon Showdown Username: zpattack12
Timezone: On weekends after 1PM GMT-5 and whenever on weekdays.
Tier: BW2 OU
Tell us about yourself: I play soccer and my favorite team is Liverpool. I'm a ninth grader from New Jersey, and I love sports and playing games. I want to be tutored because I got into this a couple of months ago, and I really want to make a step up in my battling. I've made a couple teams, but I dont feel like I know what to do.
Skipped in Round 64 and 65

Username: White Eagle
Pokémon Online username: MLH
-Your time zone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6.
Tuesdays I'm available from 10:00 a.m and on.
Wednesdays I'm available from 6:00 p.m to 11:00 p.m.
Thursdays I'm available from 1:00 p.m and on.
Fridays I'm available from 7:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m
and Sundays I'm available all day.

What tier do you want to learn? BW2 OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a computer science student. I started playing pokemon in the black and white generation. Someone told me about smogon and I saw pokemon was a little more complex than I thought; I honestly liked that, which is why pokemon is now my favorite game.
I read about IV’s, EV’s, and started RNG abusing for some pokes. I’ve been trying to build a team using smogon’s analysis, but when it comes to sinergy, picking the right pokes , and using them to their highest potential, I have some problems.
Among other interests, I really like maths, languages, computing, I really enjoy strategy games such as UNO, chess, and Pokémon. Jesus is the most important thing in my life.

Brief explanation of why I should be tutored (less than 25 posts): I should be tutored because I really want to learn how to be a better player, and I want to have a better game experience by making better strategies. I will give it the required amount of time and dedication.
Right now I don’t have so many posts because I feel like I don’t have the required knowledge to provide useful contribution.
I look forward to be tutored because I want to be an active member to the community and help other people if necessary.

Skipped in round 65

Username: El Rey
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: El Rey
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing competitive pokes around July 2011. I'd say I'm decent at it. I wanna improve, learn to play better and teambuild better.
Under 25 Posts: I have under 25 posts because I have been pretty busy with school.

Skipped on Round 63 and 64

Username:Scubasteve23
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Scubasteve23
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST, a lot of availability
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 18 year old aspiring chef who also played guitar, bass, drums, piano, banjo, and harmonica. I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue came out and have never stopped. I'm a decent BW2 OU battler but I want to get better so I can try and get farther in tournaments and whatnot. I was tutored by Skynet a few months ago and he helped me with some team building strategies but we only got 2 sessions in. I just feel like I still have a lot to learn though.

Skipped last round

Username: Improbable
Pokemon Online username: Clueless
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 2:00 pm to 10:00pm on most days
Tell us a little about yourself: Took a break from mons for a bit and now want to try to get better with the new meta. I've always been fairly decent with the game. Like soccer, watching movies and hanging out !

Username: Mylo Xyloto
Username: Mylo Xyloto, Psylock on PS
Timezones: gmt+2, mostly online on weekends and few hours on weekdays.
Tier: wifi uu and wifi ubers
Well Im a coldplay fan. I love music. Started playing pokemon competitivly last june.
Was skipped last round

Username: ScoobyDoom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ScoobyDoom
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST anytime after 3:30
Tell us a little about yourself: I love to play pokemon competitively, and I found myself incompetent with playing OU, which is why I am signing up. Aside from pokemon, I love to play ping pong and swimming. I feel as though a strong tutor can be a plus for me since BW2 was released.

Reason to be tutored (under 25 posts): I have been contributing to many charity organizations which have hindered my availability on smogon. However, I have taken a break for a while which has opened up my availability to be tutored/more active on smogon. I will be a strong candidate for a tutee and I feel that I absorb a lot of information, especially pertaining to pokemon. I have also been skipped twice in the last two tutor sign ups if it matters for anything.

I have been skipped in rounds 62, 63, and 64.

I have been guaranteed a more reliable tutor for this round.
Proof: http://i.imgur.com/ZfQXX.png

Username:Keramory
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Lad Russo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I live in Florida. I school at home so any time after 1PM, preferably around 10-11PM
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Lad Russo is a character from the INCREDIBLE Baccano! anime. I discovered Pokemon simulators about a year ago, though i have played every gen game. i usually use unique teams (Kangaskhan revenge killer and Weezing + Quagsire defensive core come to mind) and almost always use Dragon dance Dragonite. Dragonite is the offensive base of my teams.i would love to learn from a veteran who could help me polish up my teams. Also, no Hax Jiraichi, hate that thing.....>.>

Username: Hot N Cold
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Hot N Cold, Slave to the music.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 (Spain), I have more time in the weekend but usually i'm active.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Spanish player, i have been playing it about 3 years, i'm pretty good in others tiers but i suck in this tier mainly skills in the game, i can play others tiers with my tutor for fun :) Also, i'm very friendly.

Bkc has agreed to tutor me.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: haruno
Timezone: gmt-7 or bay area/west coat time usual hours of availability are like 5pm-12am
Tier: I would like to learn BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: been playing pokemon since I was in elemtary school. Graduated high school last may. And I love San Francisco.
Why do I want to be tutored? Well a few years ago thefourthchaser got me into competitive battling but I soon lost interest due to much failings on my part but with the release of BW2 I've taken an interest again and would like to learn from the best.

Oh I also use Pokemon showdown mostly

Username: thursday
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: bokonon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5:00 - 12:00 GMT-5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: hi, i'm thursday. i really want to improve my teambuilding/prediction skills - i'm a little rusty though!!! i'm usually flexible and easy to get hold of. i live in the midwest if that means anything

extremely timid in real life, obnoxious online, etc. i'm a senior in high school who's in the international baccalaureate program. i've played basketball, golf, and soccer at some point in my life. if you're really interested in knowing more about me, feel free to ask!

Username: Ticcyboy
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ticcyboy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 10am-4pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 19 years old and have been playing pokemon for years. I love playing sports especially football. I would really like to learn how to teambuild and how to battle.

Username: Scarfwynaut
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Scarf
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 7 PM - 1 AM EST (GMT -5)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU (if out of tutors I could learn UU or other lower tiers)
Tell us a little about yourself: Ive always been a background poster, I have gotten "good" but not great, I would love for a tutor to get me to the next level that I by myself an unable to achieve. I am in college at Marywood University, my major is secondary education - mathematics. I watch a ton of scifi and adventure time.

If possible I would like a tutor that plays stall (this includes if I have to be tutored in lower tiers).

Skipped in round 62 (last round I went in)

Username: xHeadHonchkrow
Pokemon Online username: xHeadhonchkrow
Time zone /availability: Eastern GMT -5 Monday through Friday after 3:30 and any time on the weekend.
What tier do you want to learn?: Since bw2 is around the corner I would like to learn it.
Tell us a little about yourself: My favorite pokemon is murkrow. The only tattoo I have is murkrow lol. I have been playing pokemon since RBY but i have only been playing competitively for a year and a half off and on. I feel as if I still have much to learn and I hope to become good enough to win one of the big tpurnaments some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)