Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to Sapientia

Shoddy Battle nick: Veedrock
Time zone: Central (GMT -6)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10 AM - 3 PM. Available whenever (literally)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: Even though I fall under "new," I'm a pretty good player. Team building skills have faltered a lot recently.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: Life got taken away around November. As such, I'm available all day every day because I've graduated from school and I'm 3000 miles away from my job and social life. Fun stuff. I get along with anybody that doesn't act extremely stupid or full of themselves.

My name is held higher than my actual ability (meaning teams) can stack up to, so I need to fix this for reputation's sake.

Assigned to Kevin Garrett

Shoddy Battle nick: DarkHunter
Time zone: GTM -6
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): from 8:00 to 9:00 in the morning and from 20:00 to 22:00 in the night. Time varies tough.

Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Nope, thanks.

Experience level: I am a fairly good battler. with some understanding on the game, but sometimes I feel I'm not that good in team building as well with the prediction.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU
A little about myself:
I'm a Wifier, that can be a good and a bad thing since shoddy =/= wifi. As such I would like to request someone with experience in wifi playing as well as my tutor ^^ probably Dawnbringer if he is up to it.

Assigned to Calciphoce

Shoddy Battle nick: Fire Fox
Time zone: GMT + 10 [DayLightsavings in effect]
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): What time zone is eastern? And my online hours are pretty restricted due to school so could I please have someone close to my own time zone.
Do you want to play in the tournament: No
Experience level: 1 Year 4 months
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself: I live in Australia and have been playing pokemon since Red/Blue/Yellow came out but only started playing competitive for a little over a year. According to my previous tutor (Seven Deadly Sins) I am very good at offensive prediction but need help with my defensive prediction.

Would like to request that I not have Sapientia or Seven Deadly Sins as I have had them as tutors in the past.

Assigned to Caelum

Shoddy Battle nick: Greystache
Time zone: Pacific (California, US West, etc)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I'm a night owl. Classes don't start until 6:30 PM EST, and are over at 9:20. I work on Fridays from 12:00 PM EST to 10:00. We have no business whatsoever though, so odds are I can play at work. Actual answer: Usually from about 3:00 PM EST to whenever any of those events start, and usually when any of those events is over. Weekends have a high probability of being devoted to partying. Depending on when everyone crashes I may be online at very obscure weekend hours.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? I can be put down for no right now, but I may change my mind. If I decide that I DO want to participate and it's already full, well then bummer.
Experience level: Low. I can usually predict opponent actions pretty well, but I have the problem of making TERRIBLE oversights in my team building that leaves me open for DOOM.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU. Mostly OU. I may UU a bit for fun.
A little about myself: I am very easygoing. I am horribly absent minded and forgetful. I also usually curse like a pissed off sailor (not really in typing), so if that offends my tutor they should let me know beforehand.

Assigned to DawnBringer

Shoddy Battle nick:tripe
Time zone:Pacific standard time zone
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):weekdays, 10 pm-4 am, weekends, all day
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?no
Experience level:moderate, much of it is wifi battles for me anyways
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU, doubles and singles, ubers
A little about myself:I've been playing ever since the beginning, played a bit of competitve in GSC, and got back into playing about June of last year, and need some help in a few areas.

Shoddy Battle nick: MagicMaster87, MM87
Time zone: EST, GMT-5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 1PM-2AM
Do you want to play in the tournament: no
Experience level: pretty decent in UU, not so much in OU
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU
A little about myself: Due to unfortunate circumstances on my end, I didn't get as much time with my tutor as I would've liked last round, so I'm hoping I can have a second chance this time. I feel like I have a decent grasp of the new UU metagame, and I'd prefer to be tutored more in that as I like UU better, but I do occasionally play OU so help in that wouldn't be unwanted.

As for non-Pokemon stuff, I like reading (particularly manga and fantasy, and to a lesser extent sci-fi and mystery), the Yugioh TCG, and programming (although my skills are a bit rusty in that). I might be a bit older than the norm, but don't worry - I'm a kid at heart. ;)

Shoddy Battle nick: Lokathor
Time zone: Mountain (-7)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6pm to 3am EST, Except Tuesday and Thusday.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: low
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I spend most of my time playing pokemon, watching anime, or programming stuff.

Shoddy Battle nick: mmmmm_PIE
Time zone: GMT – 7 (Mountain)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Mon/Tues after 8, Weds/Fri after 4, Thurs/Sat/Sun before 6
Do you want to play in the tournament: Sure
Experience level: Virtually none.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU > UU > Uber
A little about myself: Name's Bryan. Being a dirt poor nerd with dirt poor nerd friends, I’m plagued by a lack of novel avenues in gaming. Looking for something to fill the gaps of boredom that show up when I can’t put a large enough group together for yet another round of Age of Empires II, I came to competitive pokemon – an interest I’d always harbored bet never explored – and so here I am to test pilot. I’m a chatty guy who needs all the help he can get so I’d love to learn over Skype. Barring that MSN and AIM work for me as well.

Shoddy Battle Nickname: theproxy
Time Zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7:00 PM- 12:00 AM on weekdays, 2:00 PM - 12:00 AM on weekends (but occasionally my internet will be down).
Do You Want To Play In The Tournament: Yes
Experience level: I have never played competitive, though I've been introduced to it a few years ago. I know a little of the basic and a little theory, but that's it.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU, Ubers
A little about myself: I've been a lurker to Smogon for about a year, until I decided that I wanted to learn how to play, when I finally had some time to allow myself to do so. I was beginning to think that 'regular' Pokemon games were getting boring, so I was hoping that competitive Pokemon would rekindle my interest in the series.

I am currently a high school senior, living his last few months of school in California, planning to major in video game programming and development next year, with Computer Science as a safety, hopefully somewhere up north right by either of the two coasts.

Shoddy Battle nick: ZeroGeass

Time zone: PST

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
-Monday-Thursday: 6:00PM - 8:00 PM
-Friday - 6:00 PM-7:30 PM, 11:00PM - 2:00 AM
-Saturday - 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM, 10:00 PM - 3:30 AM
-Sunday - NOT AVAILABLE

PMing me for a time also works

Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No thanks

Experience level: Some experience, I've made a couple teams myself and tested them, and they all did relatively well. My start in competitive battling actually started in the late days of Generation III, but I wasn't particularly active until now.I have some very basic knowledge in most areas, but I really want to work on prediction and Team Building.

A little about myself:

I am currently a Sophomore in High School, who is finally about to get his driver's license. But more importantly, I have been a Pokemon lover since I heard about it in America, '96 or '97. I'm a gamer most of all, playing Pokemon, Final Fantasy, SSBB, or whatever in my free time.

Shoddy Battle nick: Imran.
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekends up till about 6 PM, On Weekdays from 10 AM - 4 PM - I am generally flexible and can stay up later or whatever if nessecary. I will sort something out.
Do you want to play in the tournament: No
Experience level: Was tutored previously, I have been battling "seriously" for about 6 months. Recently I have been performing very poorly in the OU tier and have decided to look for outside help.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, nothing else
A little about myself: I am an A-Level student, in my second year studying Maths and Physics based subjects. I also enjoy playing the piano, and playing cricket.

I would like to have Kevin Garrett as my tutor. I have already spoken to him about this and he has agreed to tutor me for the next round.

Shoddy Battle nick: TCoZ
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays 11:00 - 15:00, apart from Thursday (13:00 - 15:00). Weekends whenever.
Do you want to play in the tournament: No.
Experience level: I've played competitive since D/P came out in England, but I'm pretty crap at it.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: I'm just a computer geek wanting to get better at pokémon.

Shoddy Battle nick: Snape
Time zone: GMT+8
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yup
Experience level: Meh
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU-UU-Ubers
A little about myself: I need to learn more about the game; i'm very bad at predictions/team building :p As with Geren, I am a wifier, so hopefully that fact is also put into consideration.

Shoddy Battle nick: xXMasterSealXx

Time zone: GMT + 8

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3:30 am to 6:00 am (due to school, well school's almost over here) during weekdays and usually 10:00 pm to 6:00 am during weekends (this only changes when my parents demand that I go with them to some place)

Do you want to play in the tournament: Nope

Experience level: I've played for quite long, however I wanna to be able to make good teams, be able to do prediction well and the do's and dont's when facing a certain situation during the battle. Oh yeah and I wanna be able to know why to choose these EVs for this certain pokemon. (Just to make it short I'm still quite nooby :D)

Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber, UU

A little about myself: I wanna learn a lot, and I love learning new things everyday :D

Shoddy Battle nick: monkies
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4 PM to 9 PM Monday, Wednesday. On Sunday from 1 PM to 9 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: Slight experience. I normally use Stall teams (Can I get a trainer who is good at Stall, please?), Rain Dance, and right now I'm using a Trick Room team. I can predict moves slightly, but not very good at making a team.
A little about myself: I'm a Senior at High School. Been playing Pokemon competively since this Summer, and I wish to be better at it. I have a good attitude about playing, but tend to get angry if I make a silly mistake. I either wish to be better at the two extremes, stall (prefered) or offensive (not very good at). Either or is fine, though.

Sign Me Up!

Shoddy Battle nick: Hibus

Time zone: (GMT-5:00) Eastern Time

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Noon - 6 PM

Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes, I would like to try and see how well I could perform against other trainers at the higher ranks and also individuals at my own level.

Experience level: Not much, nothing really that can be considered competitive in nature, just random battles with friends.

A little about myself: A Pokemon fan and breeder for a while now wants to start learning the more subtle intricacies of Pokemon battling. I am going to be a PhD student in Microbiology as of the Fall '09 semester, which I am very excited. I enjoy strategy based games, tactics, and puzzles so I fell that interests me a good deal. I'm pretty level-headed, talkative, and responsive to criticism so I am eager to learn what you all have to teach, thanks!

~ Hibus

Shoddy Battle nick:Dragonknight08.
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5-10
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: some, still not the best
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU UU Uber
A little about myself: i've been in competitive pokemon for quite a while, but i've never been extremely good, but not extremely bad either. i really enjoy helping people, which is why i hope to become a tutor when i have aquired enough skill.

Shoddy Battle nick: DarthPeanuts
Time zone: GMT +0
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Assuming Eastern is -6, then 1:30pm - 4:30pm on most weekdays, around 6am-6pm on Saturdays and 8am - 5pm on Sundays would be my estimates.
Experience level: Never done the tutor program before, have been competitive battling for several years.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, mainly, followed by UU (although UU isn't that important for me for now)
A little about myself: I have been interested in pokemon for a long time now, and competitive battling has only enhanced the experience. I probably mostly need advice with team-building, as I feel I am a fairly good battler.

Shoddy Battle nick: germy, germanydabassist
Time zone: Pacific (-8)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays and Saturdays 10-12 PM, Sundays 5-12 PM
Experience level: Pretty low, but I have
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, uber
I need help mostly with Team building and prediction
A little about myself: I prefer IM for talking, I'm asian, and I play badminton and piano. These mess up my schedule often, so the times are always gonna change

Shoddy Battle nick: y2zipper
Time zone: Pacific (-8)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday anytime
Experience level: I've played competitive Pokemon since RBY and I've a lot of success. I took a sabbatical during the DP generation, and I'm having trouble keeping up with the platinum metagame. I think I'm a pretty decent team builder, but my battling skills have become lackluster for some reason and I think a tutor can get me out of the slump.
I believe I need more help with prediction than team building, but I'll take help in both areas.
A little about myself: I'm currently a college student, which is my my online hours are the way they are. I also practice and teach martial arts, something I've been doing the last 2 years or so.

Shoddy Battle nick: Silent Storm
Time zone: GMT +0 (I believe)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 1:30pm - 4:30pm weekdays, around 6am - 6pm on Saturdays, but I might be on at earlier times.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level: Quite decent, but I need to brush up on team building and battling skills as I have been do poorly lately.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: I love skating, going out, swimmingas well as going out with mates, I have been a fan oif Pokemon from the begining.

Shoddy Battle nick: MetaNite
Time zone: Eastern GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4:00 - 9:00
Experience level: Moderate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers
A little about myself: I'm a pretty decent battler but I'd like to improve my skills, and need some help building an effective team. Other than Pokemon, I'm pretty much the usual middle schooler.

Shoddy battle name: thechocolatebunny
Time Zone:ET
Regular hours: 4-9, may change due to upcoming baseball season
Tournament:yes
Tiers in order of preference: OU, Uber, UU
Skill Level: at uu/uber its very good, at ou its bad
about me: Im a typical high schooler, play sports, hang out with friends. I just cannot seem to make good OU teams, Uber and UU I can do fine but theres just something about OU

Shoddy Battle name : SmoggdU
Timezone:EST
Reg Hours: 3:00 weekdays, all day weekends, all day holidays
Tiers in order of preference: UU, OU, Uber
Skill Level: Average
Tournament:yes
About me: im canadian (eh?), im very outgoing i have decent marks and im a nice person, im very willing to learn, i love eating, so you may often find me going for snack breaks.I have already spoken to tennisance and he has agreed to take me on as his tutee.

Shoddy Battle nick: Lord Blood

Time zone: Eastern Standard Time

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays 3-5, Weekends random times I pop up.

Experience level: Moderate. I've been playing for about 7 months.

Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Ubers, OU, UU, NFE.

A little about myself: I love to learn. I get good grades in school. Anything that has to do with crunching numbers or about time/space, I'm there. I really need help in Ubers. I'm doing ok, but I'd like to do better. OU, I'm doing pretty well, but I need a few pointers on Team Building and Synergy. UU, I'd rather not get into this tier. But if I can get help here, I'd be very apprecative. NFE is something that I've looked into, but it didn't really appeal to me. I love reading. I'm not really a good writer, but w/e. I want to be a Heart Surgeon when I grow up, and so far, I'm reaching those grades. I've been playing Pokemon since like 5 years ago, when I got my Ruby version. I beat the game with a few noobish pokemon. I'm very abstract when it comes to pokemon teams, because I can use many pokemon, and still create a good team, if I get the required pokemon. The abilities of the pokemon is how I create teams. I try to use their typing and abilities to get the best of each member on each Pokemon team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)