Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
We are ready to begin Round Thirty Five of the tutoring program, which will focus SOLELY on Platinum OU standard battling; if you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

The first 16 people to indicate interest in the tournament will be given a place, as well as the 16 people from Round Thirty Four that also indicated interest. Be on the watch for the beginning of the sixth official Battling 101 tournament, which occurs approximately on week after this round begins.

This round will last until December 22, 2008.

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?
Experience level:
A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO USE SHODDY BATTLE TO PARTICIPATE!

I will begin assigning all tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Thirty Five Match-Ups

tennisace - Mr. Goodbar
TAY - Too_Hungry35
Aeroblacktyl - Wedge
Limitless - Pink
SoT - GotengoXGodzilla
Calciphoce - THE_IRON_KENYAN
Twist of Fate - Miltonic
Max - Hodge
husk - Shirase
Olie - Rampardos101
jimbo422 - Tyranitarphantom
Elevator Music - jenigmat429
darkie - Doman
imperfectluck - skiddle
Great Sage - lionking
Arin - Lightning-Z
Gouki - Plus
Stathakis - Truthi
Bass - Mysterio713
Kevin Garrett - Butternut
maddog - tripe
august - Beej
MS - Shur.tugal
zerowing - Darth Meanie
RB Golbat - Extra
LonelyNess - Kharozz
DawnBringer - tofu951753
Articanus - dizzleman22_main!
Brawley - MagisterMagi87
Sapientia - Xenon
Havak - Thorns
LightWolf - Twash
moi - luigiowns

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Shoddy Battle nick: Incom (ladder 1420) / Magikoopa (new and now my main account)
Time zone: Eastern Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4:30 pm to 12:00 am (weekdays); Weekends vary, but usually during the evening and afternoons
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: I'm a decent battler, but I am abysmal at making solid teams. I have had the honor of being taught the basics by Bentendo1 and then the finer points of battling by DawnBringer, so I am not completely clueless. My skills are horrible at best when it comes to Ubers and UU, but I am moderately skilled when it comes to OU, and that is where I would like to improve.
A little about myself: I am one of the best students in my grade and love to learn new things. If requests are allowed, I would be enthralled to have Aeroblacktyl as my tutor.

Assigned to Limitless

Shoddy Battle nick: Pink
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3:00 PM – 12:00 PM or later
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: I have played on shoddy with a lot of gimmick teams with mixed success. I know the surface of the meta-game, but would like to explore it further. I currently have a couple of meh teams that I have used on Shoddy to get a couple of wins in the ladder, but they could use a lot of work.
A little about myself: I’m a high school senior. I have a beard (check out the Photo Album). Bug and Female Pokemon are my favorite. Combine the two, and life is good.

Assigned to TAY

Shoddy Battle nick: Too_Hungry35
Time zone: PST? I live in California? Is that right?
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8 PM - 12AM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes please.
Experience level: Iffy on predicting and battling skills. I'm also not horrible, but bad at team building. Something always seems to backfire with the team.
A little about myself: I've joined the tutor program before, but from my experience, I believe I haven't learned enough. I have room for more improvement.

I'd like to request TAY as my tutor please. Gladly appreciated. Thanks.

Assigned to SoT

Shoddy Battle nick:
GotengoXGodzilla
Time zone: GMT -8 (Pacific)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8 pm- 4 am on weekdays, any time during the weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: I’ve been tutored once before and I’m fairly good, but I could still use some help with prediction and team building.
A little about myself: College student with a very busy schedule these days but I have the time for this.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Assigned to Calciphoce

Shoddy Battle nick: THE IRON KENYAN, magichands
Time zone: GMT -8 (pacific Time zone of the united states, wherever Oregon is)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Every Day 9:00 AM to 3:00 AM; A total of a 18 hour span every day
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? YES
Experience level: Beginner, I need to know how to EV better, Make teams better, and prediction. I would really prefer a tutor who is easy going and has room for mistakes, experienced, and has a good amount of time on their hands.
A little about myself: Well, I am a pretty nice and silly guy who has a tendency, to no matter what forum I join, to get on the wrong foot with almost everyone(or at least some of the popular people.). My good qualities are my respect and courteousness and can be funny sometimes, so just give me a chance ^_^.

Assigned to Twist of Fate

Shoddy Battle nick: Miltonic
Time zone: Eastern time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): around 9pm to 11pm (fluctuates on any given day)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yeah
Experience level: I need to get my battling skills back after about one month of no battling, I also need help on predicting and some team building.
A little about myself: I've been a pokemon fan since i was 8 years old, graduated high school this year and currently working to save up for college.

Assigned to Max

Shoddy Battle nick: hodge
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5pm-12am during the week, later on weekends (fluctuates depending on work, etc.)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes (I may not do well, but it'll be fun)
Experience level: I've played Pokemon casually since Red/Blue, but I've never gotten into the battling scene. I'm a novice who is completely new to the intricacies of the battle system and I'll need to be taught from the bottom up.
A little about myself: I'm new here, but I'm a high school senior who loves reading, writing, playing music, playing video games, and occasionally partying and/or doing other ridiculous things. I've loved pokemon for the nostalgia over the years, but I'd like to try and get more from the game by being tutored. Also it should be noted that I came here from the SA forums.

Assigned to husk

Shoddy Battle nick: Shirase
Time zone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Anywhere from 2PM to 3AM, except on Saturdays and some Fridays, in which case I am usually gone.
Do you want to play in the tournament: No
Experience level: Just above noob, I know most of the basics, but I haven't constructed a team on my own yet.
A little about myself: I have been interested the pokemon meta for a year or two, but I've never brought myself to actually break into it until now. I do have one tendency that could help in this endeavor, I have found that whenever I get into a hobby, I get obsessed. Hopefully this will prove to help with my learning.

If there was anything I would be looking for in a tutor, it would be someone who can teach the meta of this game from the ground up, not just improve upon one's understanding of it.

Assigned to Olie

Shoddy Battle nick: Rampardos101
Time zone: GMT -7 (Mountain Standard Time)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Randomly throughout the week, but mostly on weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: Intermediate
A little about myself: I've been battling competitively for a couple months or so, and I'm pretty decent, but I believe I have room for improvement.

Assigned to jimbo422

Shoddy Battle nick: Tyranitarphantom

Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5:00 pm - 1:00 am
Experience level: Moderatly experienced, but I still feel like a noob.
A little about myself: I am mainly from serebii, but I'd like to feel as a part of Smogon, rather than a dumb lurker. If I know more about competitive battling, not only will I feel less stupid, but I want to be able to do well in the Lati@s suspect, so I can vote, and contribute.

Assigned to Elevator Music

Shoddy Battle nick: kaooh1

Time zone: GMT -5
I was in the last round of the tutoring program, and I'd like to be in the tournament this round.

Assigned to darkie

Shoddy Battle nick: Doman
Time zone: CST (GMT-6)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8:00 PM-1:00 AM Monday/Wednesday, 1:00 PM-1:00 AM Fri-Sat
Experience level: I've been a fan of the game's dynamics for a few years now and played in RSE Netbattle a little under two years ago. Recently, I've been hanging around Shoddy and my conservative rating is floating around 1300.
A little about myself: I'm currently a sophomore in college, studying in computer science, and I plan to go into game design as a career!

Assigned to imperfectluck

Shoddy Battle nick: skiddle
Time zone: Mountain Time Zone (3 hours behind Eastern)
Regular Online Hours: 6PM - 3 AM Eastern
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes please
Experience level: I know the game, just can't play it out
A little about myself: I live in Canada, I'm looking forward to visiting my old friends at Christmas as well as some real home cooked food :) I've been going to Smogon for over a year now, and I still feel like an outcast most of the time, like I just joined or did something highly stupid that caused hatred from most of the people I respect. I contribute in C&C sometimes, that's where a lot of my post count comes from.

I figure maybe if I get a little better at the game, the better users won't turn their noses up at me so much. That's why I want to get a tutor. I am only decent at the game. I know all the theory, all the numbers, all the threats, and I can predict somewhat, but half the time I find myself making stupid mistakes and panicking when the momentum isn't in my favor, or being sloppy when the battle is going my way.

There's probably much greener players who need this more than I do, but please give me a chance.

There is no tutor in particular I had in mind, but it WOULD be nice if they were around my age group, as it would be cool if I wasn't being taught by someone way younger than me.

Assigned to Great Sage

Shoddy Battle nick: thekingofhamsters
Time zone: -5 Est
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5 p.m. - 12 a.m in weekdays, and pretty much on all the time during the weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes.
Experience level: I've played for 3 months now.
A little about myself: I'm into cartoonish strategy games, like Fire Emblem. I like to learn, though I get tired and lazy, heh. Competitively, I think I jumped up a leap or something... my rating has jumped 200 or so points ever since I built this team and played with it. I'm very reckless, and I tend to display more confidence in my pokemon then necessary. For example, I will not hesistate to leave my Machamp against something with Pyschic early on. :D This time, I'll request a tutor that is essentially, a team-building guru. I want to further improve my skills in all areas of team-building. With the assistance of the tutor, I will not hesisitate to try new things. I want to see beyond the exterior of teams. I'm also a Canadian. :P

Assigned to Arin

Shoddy Battle nick: Lightning-Z, Azuremaster. Wowyestings.
Time zone: eastern standard
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): monday and tuesday 4-9 Saturday-Sunday 10am till I get kicked off any other days will depend how busy I am.
Experience level: I broke top ten on the official server a few times, made it to #3 twice. I have won a few site tournaments in some nubbish sites. XD I recently just came off from like a 2 month break and sort of rusty. I don't know anything about the new Platinum OU because I sort of came in late on that. >_< So I would love to learn more. I just need to get some more advice on team building and a little coaching on prediction.
A little about myself: I am a calm and nice guy. I'll understand what you say to me unless I say otherwise. XD I'm always willing to learn so you shouldn't worry to much about me. I learn quickly and well, I hope to be friends with whoever I'm paired up with. XD Yea, that's just me.

If it's not to much..I would like to be paired up with Arin, but if not then anyone else is fine.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Gouki

Shoddy Battle nick: Plus
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekends only most of the time, I'm usually on all day.
Experience level: I'd say I'm somewhat decent. I got onto the top 20 on Official about last year (super long time), and I've been playing competitively for over a year now. I am also rank #2 on the CaP Server leaderboard, and has been rank #1 there at some point, if that accounts to anything :\. Also, stall is really my favorite style of playing, long before platinum.
A little about myself: I like youtube poops, if anybody knows what they are. I usually just hang around at the CaP server, or Captain's Modded Server(CMS), as I really like doing different metagames. However, I'm really into learning OU and becoming really good at it.

Assigned to Stathakis

Shoddy Battle nick: golly
Time zone: Central MN
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): :-/ I am usually on at 6:00 I think? I don’t know not too consistant, sometimes at 9:00 too. I'll just say 6 as I just lurk the internet for a long while during that time.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level*:A little about myself: Voted in the chomp thing, but for some reason was kind of a stuggle to me, when it looked like a breeze for everyone else. I don’t even know what my main problem is, sometimes I think I make a decent team, and just do terrible on the ladder and scrap it. Lately with Platinum, I’m just having a nightmare of a time adjusting to it. I’ve really never had such a mind block before. I think a tutor could help me battle more consistently well on the ladder, and refine my teams more for me. Also help get back into the gist of things, and help me improve a bunch. Give me a good nudge in the right direction. I'm been trying to make a team lately to no good end.

Personal: love music. And play lacrosse.
Just going to get this done will fix font tags in a sec. Done sorry about that. Also if it's not too much to ask no SoT(nothing against you man) as I could just PM him or something with a problem and it'd be really weird if he was my tutor(if he's being a tutor again, heh.)

Assigned to Bass

Shoddy Battle nick: Mysterio
Time zone: CST (GMT -6)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Very variable, maybe 6:8 EST
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes, if there is room
Experience level: Moderate, the team building is the biggest problem.
A little about myself: Well, I'm a freshman in high school, like math and science, and can't write without hitting myself. I started competitive around two months ago.

Assigned to Kevin Garrett

Shoddy Battle nick: Butternut
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2-6
Experience level: Above average.
A little about myself: I've been playing the game since the very beginning and made my debut in competitive battling during the G/S/C generations, don't judge by my post count lol. My confidence destroys me, I kinda get lazy during courses of the battle. Still I've learned all I need to know about battling, now I'd like to test my strategic mind more in the Platinum metagame. Strengths: I'm an offensive minded player. Stall just doesn't do it for me, as to me they all look the same now.

Assigned to maddog

Shoddy Battle nick:Tripe
Time zone:pst
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):Monday-Friday:8 pm-midnight, weekends:anytime
Do you want to play in the tournament: sure
Experience level:some
A little about myself:I've been practicing on wifi recently as an alternative, and have amassed 10-3 record, but would like to improve it, and also learn double battle as well. I also love shooter and sandbox games, I do pretty decently in school. I also love nostaglic things that I got into as a child, such saturday morning cartoons.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to august

Shoddy Battle nick: Beej
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I generally get on at about six and stay on till late at night.
Experience level: I've been in the top 10 on both the standard and suspect ladders for OU, but I have a bit of team building trouble.
A little about myself: I generally hang out on the CAP and CMS servers. Generally more of a defensive player but I try to be flexible. Stalling is definitely my favorite strategy.

I'd like to request Bass if I may.

Assigned to MS

Shoddy Battle nick: Fire Fox
Time zone: GMT +10
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): In GMT -5 hours I'm mostly online from 1:30am to 4:00am weekdays and anywhere between 8:00pm saturgay night to 7:00am sunday morning.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level: I'm a decent battler, but my prediction skills are not very good.
A little about myself: I live in Australia and have been playing pokemon since Red/Blue/Yellow came out but only started playing competitive in the past year or so.

I would like to request someone relatively close to my timezone as due to school assignments I will have limited access to a computer for the next week. I would also like to request that I not have Sapientia as I had him last time.

Assigned to zerowing

Shoddy Battle nick: darthmeanie, newmeanie
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): pretty much anytime after 1, always T/Th
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? YES
Experience level: Okay, I need to work on playing better and really need to tweak my team. I'm not sure I found my best playstyle yet.
A little about myself: College freshman, live at home. Not much about me...

Assigned to RB Golbat

Shoddy Battle nick: extra / laser hannon mostly.
Time zone: GMT +10
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): usually on from around midnight to 4am on weekdays, as i have school. but during weekends i'm on a lot during the evening, around 6pm onwards for gmt -5
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes please.
Experience level: i'm not bad... i'm decent at battling, but i still don't really know how to build teams properly, and my prediction could use some work.
A little about myself: in high school, i play soccer, and have been battling competitively since around august 2005, though i stopped around february this year and am starting to play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)