Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoddy Battle nick: BstnTxnWulf
Time zone: Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4 PM - 9 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: For my experience level, I would have to say it is a bit below-average. I never got the hang of DP in the first place, and after my hiatus, I feel like I've lost some of my non-existant game. Also, I need help on team building, and a bit of long term thinking skills.
A little about myself: I've been playing competitive Pokemon since RSE, and I've faired decently in that. I was there at the start of DP, but I lost my interest in it due to how often I lost. I've always wanted to get back, so I figured out this is the right time. Also, I've been an avid lurker of Smogon for two years. So I guess I've been a very quiet stalker.

LonelyNess has already agreed to be my tutor for a second round

Shoddy Battle nick: mexicant
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Flexible. Will adjust for Tutor.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: My playing level would be a little bit below average. I've only played competitively for a few months, but I'm looking to learn more about battling. I'm still a fairly new battler, but I hope to learn more in the Apprentice Program.
A little about myself: I like sports (but fail at them), and video games. I eat a lot, and sleep is one of my favorite "hobbies".

Shoddy Battle nick: Doman
Time zone: Central Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Wednesdays & Fridays, 5 PM EST 'til midnight, 1 PM EST 'til midnight weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes.
Experience level: I'm familiar with all the generations of the games so far. I dabbled a little bit on NetBattle back when RSE was the most recent generation and did fairly well there. I've since played through Diamond. While I'm familiar with the changes on a small scale and see the individual parts, something isn't clicking in my head when I try to view the new metagame as a whole.
A little about myself: I'm a sophomore in college, currently studying computer science and hoping to go into game design later on. I'm fairly patient, curious, and sharp-witted. I just haven't taken the time to get into Smogon's community and tend to just watch, learn, and practice, though I'd like to change that first bit.

Shoddy Battle nick: German Shepherd
Time zone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 1 AM - 6 AM
Do you want to play in the tournament: No
Experience level: I have a fair knowledge of the current metagame but lack the intelligence realize counters and predict well.
A little about myself: I'm outgoing and nice so I won't be rude. I'm willing to learn.

Shoddy Battle nick: Tangela
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I think Eastern time is GMT-5, in which case 12:00-16:00 on weekdays, and anything between about 02:00 and 17:00 at the weekend
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level: Very little experience in competitive battling, although I have read a fair amount about it and have been playing Pokémon on my own for about five years
A little about myself: My prediction skills are worse than the weather forecast. My teambuilding skills might be alright (some people have said my teams are good) but it's hard to tell because my poor prediction usually lets my battles down anyway. Outside of competitive battling I have been interested in Pokémon since I was about six or seven and got my first game, Ruby, when I was 10.

No preference in tutors (I don't know anyone well enough to have preferences yet) other than someone who is patient and doesn't mind explaining stuff a lot.

Stellar v Taxie
Colonel M v Elevator Music
Rampardos101 v Silvaer
newbioform v Nachos - Good luck!

I'll send a PM to newbioform after school.

Shoddy Battle nick: Accipender
Time zone:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6-9
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Definitely, if I can
Experience level*: Well…Ive been playing Pokemon since Blue Version, but only started playing on any competitive level midsummer. Since then, I’ve become decent, earning ~1400 on the Smogon Ladder, but I still have much to improve on. My team building skills are meh, my prediction is off at (most) times, and as I’m new, I don’t know ALL of the popular sets.

A little about myself: I’m a VERY offensive player. I HATE sitting around, cowering behind a wall, its just not fun for me. I enjoy sweeping teams.

If possible, I would like a tutor who is very offensive and who can teach me about the offensive metagame.

Shoddy Battle nick: Tru Limit
Time zone: Alaska
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): MON & WED 4pm-4am,Thursday through Sunday 4pm-4am,
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? sure
Experience level: Know some of competitive battling. Been playin the game sice the beginning
A little about myself: Art Student pursuing a BA in Graphic Art. Big fan of MMA and Football. Enjoy playing Gears of War 1&2.

Shoddy Battle nick: tomb89
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Everday except tues and Thurs, available 12-8pm(Eastern) every other day(Thats 4pm-12am GMT i think)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: Played across a few websites, i seem to be fairly good, but i want to be better
A little about myself: Currently studying Electronic Engineering with Nanotechnology at Uni of York. I like to do Caving and Scuba diving, just not together :p. And i like game such as Fire Emblem and Metroid.

I would like to request Havak please. If this fills up and i am too late, i would request to be someone's second tutee please?

Hope I can still sign up.

Shoddy Battle nick: MetaNite
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): After 4 (after school, weekends work)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yeah
Experience level: Think I'm pretty average battler
A little about myself: Thought of something. Trouble with team building.

Shoddy Battle nick: adub_banded
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays usually about 7pm-9pm. Weekends 10am-4pm Saturday, 12-4pm Sunday.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level: I’ve played pokemon for many years, but not competitively until this past summer. I’m not that good (maybe 6 out of 10), but I love to learn. Mostly I need help with teambuilding and prediction.
A little about myself: I am an honor student with a 4 point, so I may not be able to get on all the time when homework catches up with me. I play on the soccer team. I listen to rock music and play the saxophone. I want to be an engineer when I grow up. I lurk around the forums a lot. That’s about it.
I’d like to request Articanus, but if that’s not possible anyone would be fine. Thanks!

Shoddy Battle nick: ExplorerAce
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7-9 pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: Average
A little about myself: I have spent hours and hours studying the metagame and opponents movesets, but I never get my own strategy to work right.

Shoddy Battle nick: Unlimited
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-7
Experience level: Intermediate
A little about myself: I've been battling for a few months and I am a decent battler. However I can't beat any good battlers and have trouble with overpredicting and team building.

Shoddy Battle nick: Sunblade0410

Time zone: GMT+1

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Whole Weekend

Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Unfortunately no, dont have the time to play the tournament. :(

Experience level: Good, but I want to advance my skills. I think this is the best place to do it.

A little about myself: My Name is Robert, Im from Germany and Im work as a industrial business management assistant. I love to perform speedruns in Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime etc. etc. etc.

Shoddy Battle nick: Mrobinson587
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Usually after 7 every night until 1 or 2 in the morning, some exceptions.
Experience level: Pretty good, but I like to play a different style.
A little about myself: Name is Matt, and I plash Smash Bros at the competitive level as well. I am a vocal performance major in college and I want to make my living as an entertainer.

Shoddy Battle nick: Artimage
Time zone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Weekends – Varies based on work
Weekdays – Varies based on work
Do you want to play in the tournament: no
Experience level: Never battled competitively.
A little about myself: Been a follower of the games since the first inception. Dropped off for a bit during the advanced generation, picking it up later. Recent wi-fi additions have increased my desire to learn the competitive side of battling.

Shoddy Battle nick: Fish-E
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7PMish GMT - 9 PM...
Do you want to play in the tournament:Yes
Experience level: High I guess, my highest rating is 1486
A little about myself: I play pokemon. OU, Uber, Little Cup, I love them all...

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: Shade
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 11am - 5pm (flexible, not strict)
Experience level: Medium to High
A little about myself: I enjoy sports and gaming, live in England, go to a decent school - get decent grades and thats basically me. Oh, and I enjoy music. =D

Shoddy Battle nick: PokemonKing77
Time zone: Central {1 hour before EST}
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; 6-6:30pm, 8-9:30pm{most likely will catch me on the later times} Weekends: Saturday; 3-10 pm: Sunday 10am-5pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: No
Experience level: Well I've made a few competetive teams, but they work out only for a little bit. I'd say on a scale of 1-10, I'd give myself a 3. I can make amazing predictions at times, but most of my teams don't have a plan B in case my main strategy fails. My teams usually require a certain scenario to win.I did peak out at 1275 on the standard ladder though, which in my opinion, is really good.
A little about myself: I've been lurking around smogon for months, and I just made an account recently. I really want to make a lot of good teams by myself, and I feel that this is the way to go. I'm in the 9th grade, and I do very well in school. I like cheese and cereal. I really hope I make it.

Damn it, I think I missed it again.

Shoddy Battle nick: Potatodude

Time zone: -5 i think? I'm on EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): uhhh i might get on sometime between 4 and 6 regularly
Do you want to play in the tournament: what tournament -_-Experience level: uhh maybe a 1200 on the smgon ou server
A little about myself: i like pokemon :p

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: Grand Master Lutra
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 1-7pm weekdays 7am-6pm Weekend
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: I've been playing advance (seriously) for 2 years and as such have an extremely high level of precision in battling.
A little about myself: I only started playing shoddy properly a week ago and although I'm finding it very easy (mainly losing when the opponent's team counters), I want to learn how to use all the DPP pokemon and the various styles of play associated with them.

Shoddy Battle nick: m__
Time zone: GMT +1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): from 4pm to 8pm my time so that would be 10am to 2pm your time i think, and in weekens from 10am to 8pm so that would be 4am to 2pm your time (if I am correct)
Do you want to play in the tournament: ofcourse
Experience level: I have been playing battles since 2weeks, and I'm really enjoying it, but it's not going so well so I really want to learn from the best
A little about myself: I've been playing pokemon since pokemon Red, and I'm still enjoying it very much

* I wanted to post waaay earlier, but my activication email just didn't come, so my account was activated like 1minute ago and I directly posted, I hope there is some space left..

Shoddy Battle nick: ChocoboMog123
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
MWF - 10 AM - noon, 3 PM - 10 PM
TTh - Noon - 10 PM
I never know what I'm doing on Saturdays, and I work all Sunday.
Experience level: I hover around 1500 when I play about three times a week. I can usually predict pretty well, but have problems building good teams.
A little about myself: I don't really care much about competing with others, but I love trying to play my best, kind of like a puzzle game. I find offense kind of boring and stall more exciting, but I'd like to learn everything. My girlfriend lives with me, so I might unexpectedly be busy sometimes.

Shoddy Battle nick: Zado
Time zone: GMT -3
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I dont know how to put it on Eastern, but well, Im online on monday, wednesday and friday afternoon, tuesday and thursday after 4pm. All in GMT -3
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? no
Experience level: I guess Im not got at all, especially since I restarted playing competitive pokemon only a couple weeks ago. Before that I only played on the ooooooold GSBOT ( yes, from gold and silver LoL )
A little about myself: Im just a guy out there who wants to learn how to be a good competitive battler and so I need somewhere to start and I think this is the best way to do so. Thx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)