Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Shoddy Battle nick: diinbong

Time Zone: EST (-6 I believe)

Regular Online Hours: weekdays are 4-9, weekends any time usually, unless I have a tournament in badminton or skiing.

Do you want to play in the tournament? Yes, certainly!

Experience level: I'm not bad; 'been playing competitive for a few months but only recently got engaged in it when I joined here. My prediction is not flawless and I need some help in different basic aspects of the game.

Tiers I need help in: OU, UU

A little about myself: I am fairly normal when comparing activities; I do some sports, school, hang out with friends, bla and bleh. However, I am fairly quirky and easygoing and uh cool. :-)

Thanks.

Assigned to Bass

Shoddy Battle nick:Spidy
Time zone:Central -6 GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):I'm in the process of moving right now so I'm not to sure, but as soon as I know I will update.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?yes
Experience level:not too bad, maybe a bit out of practice
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU, Uber, UU
A little about myself: Fairly laid back, always trys to win and never gives up. As far as learning I'm always looking to get better, will gladly take advice in any area it's given.

Assigned to Havak

Shoddy Battle nick: ZipOnTrousers
Time zone: GMT (Scotland)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6pm-12pm my time, so is that 1pm - 7pm eastern? I think so...
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes.
Experience level: I played for a year or two up till the end of NetBattle at a fairly high level but have been out for months and missed the transition to DP therefore I' completely lost in this metagame.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU and UU.
A little about myself: Ill take notes and actually want to learn to get back into competitive battling, I have past experience so won't be completely useless to start with.

Assigned to Calciphoce

Shoddy Battle nick: Nibsauce
Time zone: Pacific Time Zone
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Don't really know how to answer this o_o; I go on after school and am available from then till 7:00 pm, on some days I may be still on until 9:00 pm.
Do you want to play in the tournament: If my tutor thinks I'm ready :D
Experience level: I'm okay, however, I took a break from shoddy and have only recently returned. Because of this, I am missing out a bit on all the new platinum updates/changes.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU only.
A little about myself:

I'm one of those people who enjoy watching other people play video games. However, when I do play, I play competitively and get serious. For this reason, I would like a tutor well experienced in slightly more offensive teams.

Assigned to Stathakis

Shoddy Battle nick: Kha
Time zone: Central Standard Time (GMT -6)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Most of the day atm (Winter break); anytime after 9p once the semester starts
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level: Played R/B as a kid, missed a lot of the inbetween, and got back into it through D/P on the DS. I'm a newbie at the competitive level but would like to be able to learn enough to hold my own against the average player; i.e. need help getting my feet wet.

Assigned to Elevator Music

Shoddy Battle Nick: RegalStar
Time Zone: EST
Regular Online Hours: Anything after 1 PM. I'm usually online earlier too, but lately I've been having problems waking up early.
Do you want to play in the tournament: No
Experience level: I've touched upon every generation of Pokemon since GSC, but that was purely in-game. I've been battling recently with a team I stole from an RMT thread, and I'm doing OK-ish, but my lack of experience bites hard sometimes. I'd like to understand more about some of the intricacies of the metagame, things that are hard to understand just by blindly battling.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers

Assigned to Colonel M

Shoddy Battle nick: Umbreon Dan
Time zone: (I just looked it up, it's EST.) GMT -5 I think? It's 11:28 now.
Regular Online Hours: None, really, I just play when I feel like it mostly. However, I could be on easily from 4(pm)-ish to 6-ish on Mons, Tues and Thursdays, and later on Weds and Fridays.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Absolutely!
Experience level: Umm... moderate. I like to think I know what I'm doing, so 7.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers.
A little about myself: The first game I got was Silver, and hell I sucked at it. I've been playing competivively since mid-late RSE. I have the unfortunate habit of studying mostly theory, with not so much battling experience. The areas I think I need most work in are team-building and prediction. Any help in those areas would be awesome. Also, I love Umbreon. It's just so hard to fit into a team these days. :(
Oh, and to be honest, I probably need the most help in UU, but I prefer OU for some reason (probably because that's mainly what I've been studying).

Edit: Aww no, I'm far too late for the tournament. :(

Assigned to Blue Kirby

Shoddy Battle nick: Snape
Time zone: GMT+8
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Random times.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yeah.
Experience level: Compared to other Smogonites, I'm way down there..
A little about myself: I need to get better at this game. I'm not impressive. Specifically, I need help on team building and predictions. Also, I have wild ideas and use weird Pokemon like Lanturn, but some have done well in Wifi. Also, I don't like to talk about irl situations. I just want to learn :)

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Twash

eShoddy Battle nick: Vashta
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 11 AM - 3:30 PM weekdays; all day weekends if necessary.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yeah.
Experience level: Playing competitive since late July
A little about myself: I once was tutored by Hector and Schaft, and though I've learnt somethings, I reckon I still need to learn a bit more; team building in particular. I'd also like to be one to in future contribute to Smogon, though, at the moment, I lack the confidence and the knowledge. I'm also a keen learner. :] Furthermore, I rather suck at making stapel teams on my own and lack a bit of prediction.

I'd prefer to be tutored by Great Sage, Aeroblacktyl or SoT if possible.
EDIT; just remembered Legacy Raider's out there in my timezone, so possibly him.

Thanks.

(I live in England, so I've woken up after being up all night to find that this has been posted (I hate time differences) ;-; I'm also not 100% of the amount of tutors available as I am in a rush)

Assigned to TAY

Shoddy Battle nick: MetaNite
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-9 pm weekdays
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes of course
Experience level: Moderate, just started competitive battling in D/P but it has become a hobby I do in my spare time.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU mostly.
A little about myself: I try to avoid using the most standard teams. For instance, I've never ever used a Salamance, Zapdos or Suicune. I also haven't used ScarfTran or Scizor since they became #2 and #1. I find it more fun to win using less expected teams instead of the same old boring mumbo jumbo.

Assigned to reachzero

Shoddy Battle nick: newbioform

Time zone: +8 (Singapore)

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): It's 8-12pm in Singapore, 12-4pm in London and 8-12 am in New York, but I'm avaliable most other times too.

Do you want to play in the tournament: yes

Experience level: I have some OU experience but some more help would be appreciated, especially on how to think more than 2 steps ahead. I would also like to be introduced to Uber so a tutor with Uber experience would be the best.

A little about my self: I'm a uni student doing an actuarial studies honours degree. I am a devoted person and usually grasp things quickly.

Assigned to RB Golbat

Shoddy Battle nick: tomb89
Time Zone: GMT
Regular online hours: most days 3 till midnight (GMT)
Experience level: I seem to be stuck in a losing streak at the moment
About myself: I am a university student studying electronic engineering with nanotechnology at University of York. I am into extreme sports such as caving and scuba diving.
Do you want to play in the tournament? Yes please
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU

Would like to request Twash as my tutor

Assigned to Astamatitos

Shoddy Battle nick: C.Falcon/Fish-E
Time Zone: GMT
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes

Experience level: My best is OU. I am decent at Ubers, but not so good at UU.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber

A little about myself: I've been playing pokemon competitively for about a year now, but I'm not as good as I'd like too be. I've only beaten 1520 on Shoddy once and would like to be good enough to beat 1580 rating.

Assigned to maddog

Shoddy Battle nick: potatodude
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I can be on whenever, 8-11 AM EST works best for me.
Experience level: 1200 on shoddy
A little about myself: I'm not very confident in my current ability, but my dreams are to get on the Smogon OU Leaderboard. I signed up for round 35, but posted to late and got no tutor. I hope it will be different this time; if i get a tutor and improve enough to satisify my tutor and I, I will find myself an icon. (I have to earn it.)

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Assigned to SoT

Shoddy Battle nick: Mordock, King k rool
Time zone: Central GMT - 6
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5 pm to 10 pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? no
Experience level: i'm very good when it comes to team building but its usually my predictions that are lacking .
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU, Uber
A little about myself: i came in second in the wyoming tourney if thats any consolation

also i have had bologo, great sage and jabba as my tutors so i would like someon else please

Assigned to Olie

Shoddy Battle nick: ExplorerAce, UnwieldlySword
Time zone: -5 (EST)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7-10, or 7-9
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: Intermediate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU (if I have to, Ubers, then UU.)
A little about myself: I've spent 2 years studying the OU Metagame and know most of the threats, how abilities work, etc. I'm decent at team building, but my strategy needs work badly.

If there's still room...

Shoddy Battle nick: PW, PurpleWeezing
Time zone: GMT + 1 (Central European)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8 am - 14 pm, on weekends I'm on earlier and longer ;)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes, but I doubt, that there's room lol
Experience level: I think I'm acutally an okay battler, I just have problems with building teams a_a Well, I'm participating in most German tourneys with good success, once I got into the Top 8 of an OU Smogon Tour... nothin' more to say imo ^^
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU (team building), Uber, UU
A little about myself: Well... I'm playing since January 2008 (~ 1 year lol). I don't fail at team building, but my teams still aren't the best, it lacks synergy =/ Ah, and one thing - I don't want do be tutored by Sapientia, even though he's a good friend of mine, it's just, because in case I want him to help me, I can ask him all day xD

Shoddy Battle nick: Bobtail
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7-9 & 3-5
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: I've been playing for a quite bit but i don't think i'm that good, whenever i have a match with someone i can get down two or three of there pokemon down but in the end they beat me.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber, UU
A little about myself: I live in England and i've been playing pokemon since Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Shoddy Battle nick: yeahyeahyeah
Time zone: Mountain time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): weekdays around 8-10, weekends are flexible
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: I played on shoddy a whole lot, then had a couple of wifi battles but started to lose almost every match
A little about myself: I film skateboarding, and i started on pokemon a long time ago. I actually liked it, but for some reason i cant win or build a team for shit.

Shoddy Battle nick: Hitokiri-Battousai
Regular Online Hours: 4pm - 9pm Weekdays or 2pm - 2am (weekends)
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: I know about EV's and IV's. I have some strategy but on the Battle Mark thread I have only won 3 Battles out of 11 or more
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU and UU
A little about myself:
I live Wales and played Pokemon since Pokemon Yellow. I want become a good battler so I can beat my biggest rivals in Pokemon who always manage to make short work of me. I've only won 3 Matches on the Battle Mark Thread and on Shoddy, well I'm not that good, I lose more times then I win. I really want to become a good a battler! I am a good listener and a medium learner. I can be a really cocky when I want to be but I also respect people. I can breed but I'm no good at it.

Shoddy Battle nick: die eter
Time zone: GMT+1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): during the week, 1PM-4PM. I'm very flexible in weekends.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, I'm happy enough if I succeed in that one :)
Experience level*: I'm not very experienced, I know that Infernape is a sweeper and Blissey a special wall, but I don't really succeed in team building. I used stall, Trick Room and Hail, but I have a hard time pulling of a full-offence or balanced team. I'm hosting a tournament on smogon, don't know if that has anything to do with my experience level.
A little about myself: I'm a nice Belgian guy who likes to learn new things all the time. I like my time here on smogon and to help people where I can in the Simple Question, Simple Answer tread. I'm trying to get into programming now, maybe helping smogon in the proces.

Shoddy battle nick: LatexRhombus
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (US and Canada)
Regular Online Hours:Late afternoon
Tournament? Yes
Tier Help: I guess all, but OU most important
Experience: Never played the games. came on here 4 days ago.
About me: We are...PENN STATE!

Shoddy Battle nick: Cenoura
Time zone: Western Europe Time (GMT)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM, Tuesday and Thursday: 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM; Sunday and Saturday: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?
Yes
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber, UU, BL
Experience level*:A little about myself: I know what's sweeper, walls, who to see IVs, who to EV train, I know some pokémon that we have to be aware like Weavile and Infernape.

I put together the experience level with about me if you don't mind :S

Shoddy Battle nick: Denadence
Time zone: + 5:30
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Varies
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? I know that I won't get a spot now.....
Experience level: 6 years
A little about myself: I've been involved in Pokemon for 6 years and Competitive battling for five years. But still I'm a noob at team building. So I need to brush up my skills.

If I manage to get a tutor, I shall preferably have Astamatitos since we know each other very well and we both have a comfortable time zone.

If there is still any space, I'm in. I've been wanting to sign up for the last month

Shoddy Battle nick: S Tailor
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Erm.... I guess around 2-4 on weekends for certain and some other times are avalible. On weekdays, same times, just not so reliable.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? no thanks
Experience level: Quite low
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU then the new UU
A little about myself: I'm from England, I go to School, I come back from school, do my homework, mess around on the PC and then go to bed. Not much else to say. For Pokemon - I started competitive battling a little while ago and I want to get better all around.

As I've said, if there is still a space, I'm interested- really interested as I'm not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)