Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoddy Battle nick: Guraboy

Time zone: PST

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Im on pretty much all through the day at various times. Guaranteed times im on are most likely 8-12 PM.

Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes

Experience level: Im fairly decent at battling, with basic predicting abilities, but team building is something I find difficult. Mainly because i typically use Pokemon i like as opposed to Pokemon that fit the job. Also coming up with unique EV spreads is something i struggle at as well. I pretty much stick to the listed spreads in the analysis, thus am somewhat limited.

A little about myself: Im in my last year at UCSD, and preparing to begin the excruciating process of applying to Graduate school :|

Started playing pokemon to reminisce, but instead got hooked :O

Shoddy Battle nick: Donovantx8

Time zone: PST Mountain

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4pm-8pm

Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? I guess

Experience level*:Been playing since like the 5th started out w/red in 2002 lol behind the times much im pretty decent battler; average on prediction; horrible at team building. Great at execution tell me how to use it or give me a basic idea to build off of im good

A little about myself: I am a sophmore; im really smart like a 3.7-4.0 range; quick learner/good learner, i plan on attending on 4 year college Cal-State fullerton or UCLA (ivy leauge if i can afford/ im black so schools like diversity major bonus) majoring in Psychology and History (god i love history), then getting my doctorate in psychology or teaching (they dont make a lot of money so leaning towards psychologist). I guess some would consider me a standard nerd i play yugioh same problem there though horrible deck builder, get excellent grades, not particulary intrested in sports, not an avid fan of loud music or anything loud in general, dont have many friends well i did but i moved sucks so bad.

dunno the point of making predictions this late but

matty vs. animenagai or gec final

seriously matty needs to stop asking for tutoring.

Shoddy Battle nick: Sunny
Time zone: IST
Regular Online Hours (IST ONLY[GMT +5:30)!): 4:00 P.M.-7:00 P.M. Mon-Sun
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level*: Well, I know about standard metagame and have played competitively since D/P came out, I'm pretty decent but i'd like to know how to make some more wild prediction and a bit more in-depth team-building
A little about myself: Well, I'm decent at singles would like to learn how to pleay doubles ^^

Shoddy Battle nick: moot
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours: Mon-Fri 3:30-9:30 Sat-Sun 12:00-9:30 unless something comes up in which case i will let you know
Do you want to play in the tournament: no
Experience level*: In all honesty I used to play alot of DP myself back before Chomp was banned and Weezing was still OU if that gives you a bit of timeframe, so I know a very minimal amount about teambuilding but I still suck at it and I know next to nothing about the current metagame. I guess that's why I'm here, right?
A little about myself: Junior in high school, planning on going to UW Med when I graduate. Starting a video game club at my school within the next couple of weeks, wish me luck C:
No preference in tutor really but if Jackal or Max is free by the time you get my post I would probably learn from them the best :3

Shoddy Battle nick: corrupted
Time zone: +1 GMT (Netherlands)
Regular Online Hours: Flexible, I will adapt to the tutor's schedule when possible. I have school on all weekdays, 'till 3 most of the time.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Sure
Experience level: I've been battling since the beginning of DP. I stopped wifi battling a while ago. And have been playing shoddy battle since then.

I'm a tad late, but I wasn't tutored in round 31. Could I still have a tutor?

Shoddy Battle nick: Chileno4Live
Time zone: +1 GMT The Netherlands
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): From 12 PM till 9 PM most of the time.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level*:A little about myself: I'm a decent battler, i just need help with Team Building. I've been playing competively when D/P came out, and ever since i grew alot. I've learned about EVs, IVs and all other things so yeah. Although i can predict fairly good, it could be better but i really need someone to help me building effective teams.

I'm a bit late but i really need help! I've been waiting so long for this if i just knew the topic was already made <.>

Shoddy Battle nick: ParanoidDrone
Time zone: Central US
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3-5, 6-11 PM weekdays, any time weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level: I've been playing Shoddy for a while now and have a number of teams that I can use to moderate success, but my prediction skills leave a lot to be desired.
A little about myself: I use weather teams more often than not. In non-Pokemon matters, schoolwork can limit my online time if I get a lot at once.

Shoddy Battle nick: JoeOE18
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7am-5pm [weekdays]
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: Inexperienced, have played a bit on Shoddy Battle and am starting to learn the ropes - good team building still eludes me though.
A little about myself: Recently graduated from uni, currently working part-time as a poker journalist and doing a course in film journalism.

Too late? Worth a try.

Shoddy Battle nick: Denadence
Time zone: + 5:30
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level*:A little about myself: I have Pokemon experience for about 5 years and I want to improve my team building skills

I wish to have my tutor as Taylor or MS since I had time zone problems with my previous apprentice programmes and I find these two all the time when I'm online.

~Thanks

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There are less than 50 tutors, for sure. I'm pretty certain no one past page 1 will get one.

AEOLUS PM??????

If it's not too late...

Shoddy Battle nick: Sixonesix, often Sixonesix-test
Time zone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM Fridays, 8:00 PM - 11:30 PM Saturdays. Not generally available Sunday-Thursday, but I can do my best to be on if required. Those are just the hours that I can be on shoddy, I can be on the site every day.
Experience level:
I've been competitively battling since the end of 2007, and have decent prediction and can make fairly good teams, but it seems like they all lack a certain something that keeps them from being great. I would like to learn from this what exactly it is I'm missing.
A little about myself:
I'm a senior in a private high school, and demanding work keeps me from practicing on shoddy any more than Friday and Saturday nights.

Edit: Aw crap, looks like it's too late.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was on all weekend hanging out in Shoddy Chat. Many people can atest. Just find me on Shoddy (PS my name is at the top x_x)

Shoddy Battle nick: SilverHx
Time zone: GMT + 2

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
15:00 -16:30 ~ 20:00 - 21:30 GMT + 2
9:00 - 10:30 ~ 14:00 - 15:30 EST

Do you want to play in the tournament: No

Experience level: None. I have read a lot, lurking for a while on your site, but I am sorta clueless on how to build a somewhat decent team, since there are so many diverse options. That's why I'm applying.

A little about myself:
I would like to start playing shoddy battle and learn a few basic concepts about prediction and team building. I know this thread is overfilled with requests, but I guess it's worth giving a try anyway.

Note: Besides regular online hours, I could arrange meetings with my tutor if my timezone becomes an issue.

Hoping I can get in... somehow ;D

Shoddy Battle nick: GGGGGGTina
Time zone: -7? Mountain time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6-1 varies
Experience level*:A little about myself:

I use to battle back in the days. I left for a couple months because my social life was booming and working full time was a hassle. I would like a tutor to show me how the metagame has changed in the last 4 months.

I would prefer someone like gouki or jackal. If not Id be willing to try anyone else.

Shoddy Battle Nick: Shelcario
Time Zone: whatever eastern time is?
Regular Online Hours: 4:00-7:00
Experience Level: I'm good at type matchups and creating movesets but I could use some help with my prediction skills.

Also a little extra I'd like to have a tutor that isn't going to resign from being a tutor or something as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)