Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoddy Battle nick: Lunar Fang
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekends between 9 a.m - 9 p.m Weekdays 5 pm - 9 pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level*: Nothing too special. I'd say I'm pretty decent for a Gfaqer >_>. I'm hoping to get much better.
A little about myself: Typical High School IB Sophomore. I'm driven and all that nonsense...

Shoddy Battle nick:tripe
Time zone:western
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):9 pm-2 am on weekdays, and all 3 pm-7am on weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level*:A little about myself:Not much, I am sturggling a bit in this metagame, because I haven't played the actual game itself, but I do have experience from winning a couple of gsc tournaments back in the day. I am an offensive person, but will stall if nessicary. Typical AP high school student.

Shoddy Battle nick: megax
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours: 4:00pm - 10:00pm pacific time
Experience level*: I think I am fairly decent and my prediction skills are ok but not great. I would say I need serious help with team building. I've been using the same team for over 3 weeks now >_>. I want to be able to build myself a well rounded team. I guess I don't know squat about synergy, which movesets are appropriate, and which natures are needed. =/

I would be happy with someone that will actually teach me something :/

I know that this is soooper late, but I figured i would get my name out there.

Shoddy Battle nick:
Perogie
Time zone: Canada, Central U.S.
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): can be nightly from 8:30 on,
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level*:A little about myself: Basically, I would love to learn, as I have been a fan of Pokemon since I was a young lad. I am now a married man, and still find that Pokemon has a huge draw for me. I don't really know the meta game, however, I have been lurking Smogon for awhile now, and would really love the chance to learn.

If there are any tutors out there who want to double up, or even just give me a single session...anything really, I would absolutely love and appreciate that. Also, if there are any people who would like to break in a noob on Shoddy that would be sweet, as I have been nothing but intimidated to even attempt to play a game on there...so yeah...please help!!!

Shoddy Battle nick: Doctor Is
Time zone: GMT + 8
Do you want to play in the tournament: Very much so.
Experience level*:A little about myself: New, discovered all of this EV / IV stuff in July 2008. I have an interest in competitive battling; I can predict pretty well, actually. :P

Shoddy Battle nick: mintyfresh2
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3:30pm-11pm (No Wedensdays)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? YES
Experience level*:A little about myself: Since joining Smogon in june I've learned tons of stuff about the metagame and wifi battling. I hope to through the tutoring program refine my skills so I can become an even better competitive battler. I love pokemon, and I am willing to learn. I am a smart kid, and I'm not annoying (I like to think). I just want to become a better battler and earn a reputation on smogon.

Shoddy Battle nick: TU-Shadow Punch
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays: 5-10pm Weekends: A lot I guess.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes, I always like battling in tournaments to help my skill.
Experience level*:A little about myself: I think that I'm a decent battler. I've made it Stop The Rocks Round 5 and lost to IPL, who ended up winning the tournament. I used to play on Official Server, and once I got to 25 on the Ladder with a rating of like 1500, I moved to smogon. I haven't really laddered that much, but when I do I usually win 50% then lose 50% . I really just want to learn how I can win more battles, and become a better battler in general. My goal on Smogon is to get into the Top 50 of the Standard Ladder and make a name for myself here at Smogon.

Duh, I am probably to late again, but I can always try:

Shoddy Battle nick: Crinold

Time zone: GMT +1

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): depends on what day it is really. I have at least the whole Sunday and Friday

Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No, just because there is no place anymore. But if there is, yes.

Experience level: I have just recently discovered that there were battle simulators for pokemon. We used to battle (in the gold/silver era) around here so I had already some experience with some good pokes and builds. However, although my skills are at least decent, I still need some help with team building, particulary the mythical 'synenergy'.

A little about myself: Hmmm, what shall I say... I love to battle once in a while in pokemon. It is one of the few games that can really bother me more than 2 weeks really.

Dang. lost to matty by one pokemon. If I had gone first that last turn, sandslash would have owned gengar...

Good game matty, hope you win.

(I have the log as well if needed)

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As I said earlier Espreon never showed that night to play. I asked him if that fails to PM me when he can play and nothing.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ahh. I just posted to show that I have made an effort and I'm not inactive.

Edit-

October 3rd, 2008, 12:25 AM Espreon vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);

Yeahz...
Yeah, I would like to tell you that I am going to dropout.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Official Battling 101 Tournament #4 - Semifinals

Olie v Giant Enemy Crab
matty v berserkpenguin

Rules:
~ Evasion Clause enabled
~ Freeze Clause enabled
~ OHKO Clause enabled
~ Sleep Clause enabled
~ Species Clause enabled
~ Timed Battle enabled
~ Avoid scouting (scouting on purpose will result in a disqualification from the tournament)
~ No illegal movesets (such as Pursuit & Selfdestruct Snorlax)
~ Any Pokemon defined as "Uber" by Smogon is banned from the tournament (yes, this means Garchomp!)
~ Please PM logs to me after completing your battles to clear up any conflicts should they arise

If you have any queries, please forward them to myself or Aeolus via PM.

The deadline for this round is October 11, 7:00PM (GMT +8).

Olie v Giant Enemy Crab
matty v Helios

GEC to win Outright. Battled him on Wi-Fi once. Haxed the fuck out of him and he still won 3-0. Fucking Chain Chomp. Good Luck to all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)