Apprentice Program - Round Thirty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
SOMETHING NEW THIS ROUND!

An apprentice tournament, run concurrently with the normal tutoring term, is going to take place this round! The first 16 apprentices who indicate their desire to participate in their sign up post will be given a spot... just respond "yes" to the tournament participation question included in the format given below.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to make the deadlines for this tournament; there will be no extensions of any kind. If you do not have the time to get assigned matches done promptly, it would be better for you to wait for a different round. Blue Kirby will be administering the tournament, and it will be managed in this forum. Be sure to pay attention to updates here to stay current on the proceedings! All standard rules apply, check out the Tutoring Tournaments page on the site for rules information! If you have questions about the tournament itself, Blue Kirby is your contact.

This round will last for 3 weeks, until
September 6, 2008

We are ready to begin Round Thirty of the tutoring program, which will focus SOLELY on D/P OU standard battling; If you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

This round will last for 3 weeks, until September 6, 2008

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?
Experience level*:A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO USE SHODDY BATTLE TO PARTICIPATE!

I will begin assigning all tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Thirty Match-Ups

RB Golbat - imperfectluck
RandomBoredGamer - Blue Kirby
Too_Hungry35 - Mystica
Lightning Storm - KD24
Sikh Assasin - maddog
mailman - Yagami Light
thetorsoboy - Dawnbringer
Shelcario - Ancien Regime
xX_reaper_Xx - Ryo
Tskui Tourou - TAY
animenagai - jrrrrrrr
Pokemon_Master09 - husk
Olie - IggyBot
Puggy - JabbaTheGriffin
Kira - Maniaclyrasist
matty - Taylor
Drunk Bidoof - Jackal
Valantaro - zerowing
Coconut_Storm - Bologo
Aquilae - IggyBot
ceramic - Calciphoce
Luminary - Judgement
Fabbles - Brawlex
RedSP - Max
Totured_Soul - Aeroblacktyl
Phylab - Havak
Willz968 - CaptKirby
LightWolf - Great Sage

ALL TUTORS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED THIS ROUND

****IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

Assigned to Blue Kirby

Shoddy Battle nick: RandomBoredGamer
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8-10 PM everyday, 9-11 AM weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level*:A little about myself: I started playing in RSE and can battle decently, but it takes me forever to build a team that works. I usually have to test out the team in battles and get swept the first 10 battles before I even get a decent team. I play OU and UU.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: LightWolf, Jet
Time zone: GMT+1 (Hungary)

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): The time come on is random, but I'm on till 8 PM mostly (If eastern means EDT, if its not EDT then I'm on till the Smogon tour starts)

Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes, it will be good experience(I'm 100% sure I spelled that wrong)

Experience level*: I'm new to all this batttling against real people, and really need help whit team building, most of my predictions are wrong, and I can't plan on a long run. So I need really big help. I know how the game works, but becouze of my lack in team building skills, I always predict over or under(this means a I guess wrong), as I don't know what the enemy wants to do whit it. I'm not that bad, but any one that can build good teams beats me.

A little about myself: Thanks to pokemon I learned to speak German, thats why I'm still a fan of it and that won't change. I'm mostly at the computer, and I like to go to school to.(Yes that is strange). I have been joining the Smogon tours, but i newer won any battle there. I have a DS whit pokemon Diamond to.

I would be happy whit any tutor I get!

Assigned to Dawnbringer

Shoddy Battle nick: thetorsoboy
Time zone: Mountain (Colorado)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8am-1pm and 9pm on weekdays. Anytime on weekends.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes.
Experience level*:A little about myself: I'm okay at battling, but I make mistakes that I could go without. I'm also very bad at team building.

I just want to learn as much as possible!

EDIT: Also, I like battling via WiFi more than on Shoddy, so if I could get a tutor that does some WiFi that would be awesome as well. (If not, I'm perfectly fine with Shoddy alone)

Shoddy Battle nick: Geren
Time zone: GTM-6
Regular Online Hours:
Experience level*:A little about myself: I have read a lot but I'm not shure if I can put all of that in action. been losing a lot lately. I like more UU than OU, but I don't mind using OU.
I can play fairly well, just not enough.

Assigned to imperfectluck

Shoddy Battle nick: RB Golbat
Time zone: EDT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Mon-Wed, Saturday: After 9 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level*: I believe I am somewhat good at predicting, but I know I lack in my teambuilding skills. I Have started taking up playing shoddy competitively and would like to improve my skills.

I would like to request imperfectluck to be my tutor

Assigned to Ancien Regime

Shoddy Battle nick: Shelcario
Time Zone:U.S.A(Pennsylvania; whatever that is)
Do you want to play in the tournament:yes or no? yes
Online Gaming Hours: Anytime is good with me:)
Experience level: I pretty much know how to build pokemon, moves, natures, etc. I just need help with prediction skills, team building and making EV spreads.

Assigned to Mystica

Shoddy Battle nick : Too_Hungry35
Time zone : I don't really know anything about time zones.. If you guys can calculate, I live in California?
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!) : 2 pm - 6 pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no ? No.
Experience level*:A little about myself : Well, with regards to team building, I'm not great at making them. I'd like to learn how to build solid teams. With prediction skills, people say I'm good, but I overpredict sometimes. I worry too much during my battles and begin to panic. I try to keep cool, but it seems I just can't. I also had Calciphoce last round as my tutor, but I believe I can learn more if I took one more round with someone different.

If possible, I'd like to request TAY as my tutor.

Assigned to KD24

Shoddy Battle nick:Lightning Storm
Time zone: East Coast
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): usually from 9:00am to 8:00pm,but i occasionally have classes that interfere.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level*: i understand how to play, but i am still attempting to learn how to battle well.
A little about myself: i am a 7th pokemon generation gamer. (meaning my first nintendo consoles were wii and DS). i do have an AR, but i mainly use it to get items, or event pokemon to complete the collection.

Assigned to Yagami Light

Shoddy Battle Nick: mailman
Time zone: Pacific Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern Only!): About 9:00 (5:00 Pacific)
Do you want to play in the tournament: Um yes
Experience level: I consider to be good. my shoddy record is 1413 i mostly beat every ok battler but usually struggle with the really good ones. I think i need more help with team synergy. My prediction skills are pretty good.
A little about myself: I'm this young kid who wants to get better. I enjoy basketball and having fun.

Assigned to maddog

Shoddy Battle Nick: Sikh Assassin
Time Zone: EST
Regular Online Hours: All Day
Do You Want To Play In The Tournament: Definitely
Experience Level: Good. I have problems with Team Building and Prediction (only a little in prediction), most of the time I lose because of my teams lacking, or I get outplayed.
A Little About Myself: I live in NJ, and I just want to become great in competitive Pokemon. I like playing on WiFi as well, so a tutor that can play on WiFi would be great as well. I quit battling for a while, and I think that's how I lost my game.

Assigned to Ryo

Shoddy Battle nick: xX_reaper_Xx, danielcosmo
Time zone: GMT-5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): about 6:00-9:00 pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? no thanks
Experience level*:A little about myself: well i want to learn more and get better with my pokemon and learn how to play well, i also have a ds and i have pokemon diamond and pearl and pokemon battle revolution but i dont know how to play well

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Assigned to Bologo

Shoddy Battle nick: Coconut storm
Time zone: est
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): all day
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? no
Experience level*:A little about myself: i like to use strange and out of the box teams

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Assigned to TAY

Shoddy Battle nick: Fire Praiser or Phantasia
Time zone: GMT-4(EST?)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6 PM-12 AM EST
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level*: Quite good, maybe above average, thanks to my last 2 tutors =)

A little about myself: Um...well, this is my third round, and hopefully the last one.I'm looking forward to get at least to the Finals on this tourney, and if I do, I might try to sign up as tutor whenever the applications are opened again.

I request BlueKirby as my tutor...but if not possible, someone besides Aeroblacktyl/jrx as they were my other tutors.

Assigned to jrrrrrrr

Shoddy Battle nick: animenagai
Time zone: GMT +12
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): anytime between 23:00 to 07:00
Experience level*:A little about myself: i usually get stuck once i reach the top 50 on the smogon server. i feel like i'm a decent player but i want to get to that next level. get over that hump.

edit: i didn't realize that you can request tutors. i know BK and MS from world cup, so that could be nice. more important than that though, i would like first and foremost for someone to teach me some more advanced team building.

Assigned to husk

Shoddy Battle nick: Pokemon_Master09
Time zone: GMT-6
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 12 am - 4 PM 6pm - 8 pm on every dasy except for Tuesday and Thursday
Experience level*: I have managed to acquire a rating of 1400 but would like more. I am a battler who is always desprate to get better.
A little about myself: I have been playing Pokemon competitively for about 6 months. I hope to get better. Since I am pretty active i would prefer an active tutor please like Husk.

Assigned to Maniaclyrasist

Shoddy Battle nick: Hyadain
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours: 5:00-10:00pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: YES
Experience level: Moderate. I understand the inner workings of the game. I simply have trouble with Team Building at times, and overall prediction in battles.

Preferences: Any tutor with AIM will do. I will be on AIM a lot so it is a good way to keep in contact with me.

Assigned to IggyBot

Shoddy Battle nick: Olie, Olie-Testing (basically anything with Olie)
Time zone: GMT-7 ( I have no indifferance however to Tutors with different Time zones as I could easily meet their times)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Depending on the Tutor, usually all day.
Experience level*:A little about myself: I am mostly an Ubers battler, but would like to learn how to play UU/brush up on my OU skill ; previously taught by Taylor.

If at all possible, could I request IggyBot as my tutor please?

Assigned to Jackal

Shoddy Battle nick: Drunk Bidoof
Time zone: GMT-7
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I'm usually on at about 9 A.M, my time to 9 P.M.
Experience level: My OU Stall team lost about 3 matches out of 14, I'm terrible at OU. :( A little about myself: Well, I've been playing at the very start of D/P and I could do with a little assistance in OU, my teams haven't been doing well. I've also went to another Pokemon site, I learned a lot from there before going here.

Assigned to zerowing

Shoddy Battle nick: Vance
Time zone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): For the next two weeks, I'm be online pretty much from 6:00am - 4:00am
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level*:A little about myself: Started playing in late March, but got more serious in around early May, and had no prior experiance. Been learning a lot at PC, but I feel like it's not enough. I usually run bulky offensive, but after seeing how this metagame is becoming offensive, I'm taking interest in things like "sweep first, ask questions when you're opponent is beaten" Currently using Crobat <3

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Taylor

Shoddy Battle nick: matty
Time zone: MNST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6-9
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? MOST Defiantly
Experience level*: I play in a lot of tournaments; always need help with team building.
A little about myself: College Student at Boulder; think this is my 3rd round for tutoring.

Would like to request Taylor :p

Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Shoddy Battle nick: Puggy, Blue Haired Lawyer
Time zone: GMT +10
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Similar to nagai's,anytime between 23:15 to 07:00
Experience level: Fairly experienced. My prediction and team building skills are decent however I'm in a bit of a slump atm that I want to get out of.

If possible, could I please have MS as my tutor, or if that doesn't work out, Blue Kirby?

Assigned to Great Sage

Shoddy Battle nick: Aquilae, Life
Time zone: GMT +8
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Pretty much all day on weekends, around 2100 to 0900. On weekdays I'm free between 0200 to 0900. This is from my timezone converted to Eastern.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level: I consider myself a decent battler, but often I need help with my teams since I always find a small weak somewhere in my team that is really detrimental to its success. A little help with prediction would be welcome too.

Assigned to Calciphoce

ShoddyBattle Nick: ceramic/dragonfruit
Time Zone: GMT
Regular online hours (in EST): 11am-5pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? If there is space, yes.
Experience Level: I've been playing for a while now, but never really got the hang of prediction, I'm hoping to get a tutor that can help me with it.

Assigned to Judgement

Shoddy Battle nick: Luminary
Time zone: Mountain
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): This is a tricky one. As it's summer, my schedule is less concrete. So while social things might come up suddenly, my schedule is relatively clean. I hope this will allow me to work around my tutor's schedule. I'm up around 11 EST, and asleep around 2 EST, and I basically get online when I can in between there. I can inform my tutor of more specific times I can be online (or we can agree on something) once I speak to him or her, but right now, I hope this will do.
Experience level*:A little about myself: I suppose I have quite little competitive experience. A friend and I dabble in competitive battling (wifi) using competitive sets, but we have no real concrete teams and it's primarily casual. I have little Shoddy experience, and right now, I'm just pirating Aldaron's team for use online. I don't think I'm a total newbie, however; I have basic things down, like some beginner level predictions (for example, if you have your SpecsMence out against a Forretress, and you have seen their Heatran, you use Hydro Pump predicting the switch), and I know what every Pokemon can do.

While I'm new, I think of myself as a good and fast learner. I can absorb information quite well. My main goal in this program is to come out with a decent team that I didn't totally rip off from someone (or at least the team building skills to create one). I enjoy using quirky Pokemon (one of the side effects of being a casual-competitive battler...), so it would be nice to incorporate some of those, but it's not really a necessity. Thank you in advance to my future tutor! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)