Apprentice Program: Round Twenty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the first post but I was miss clicked it
Shoddy battle nick: Phylab
TImezone: GMT+7
Online time: From 2pm till 11pm everyday. I'm on a holiday
Do you want to play in the tournament ? Yes, I'm very glad to
Experience level: I have played shoddy for about 3 months and I 've got some experienced abouth this game. However, my team building skill is not so good and I want to improve it through this tutoring program.
A little about myself: For some reasons, the only server I can join now is the Doug 's CAP server. I hope my tutor can come there and help me, or the new smogon server when it opens

*Sorry about my post, my first language is not English*

Shoddy Battle nick: supa19
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Various Times [On more often because of summer vacations]
Experience level*: I think I am fairly decent and my prediction skills are ok. I would say I need serious help with team building. I've been using the same team for about a month >_>. I want to be able to build myself a well rounded team. I guess I don't know much about synergy, which movesets are the best, and which natures are needed.

Shoddy Battle nick: Artimage
Time zone: EDT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7pm - 11pm(M-F) Sat/Sun: 9am - 2pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level*:A little about myself: I'm a fairly average player. Have spent FAR more time on the single player aspect of the game than the multi. Look forward to gaining competitive knowledge and experience.

Shoddy Battle Nickname: Flygoner8
Time Zone: Central (GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours: 12 pm - 4 pm Eastern daily
Playing Tournament?: yes
Experience Level: I've been playing Pokemon since the Metal Generation, but mostly with novelties and fun Pokes that knew Metrenome. I have dabbled in Wi-Fi play but with no luck at even completing the first seven battlers. I am experienced, but not knowledgable.

Shoddy Battle nick: thetorsoboy
Time zone: GMT-7 (Mountain time)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): No time, just in the evening. (4-10pm)
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level*:A little about myself: I've played Pokemon pretty much my whole life, but I've never been able to really make a team. I can battle, but not really make teams that well.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Official Battling 101 Tournament #2 - Round 1

Welcome to the second Official Battling 101 Tournament! We have selected 16 competitors to participate in this tournament - round 1 matchups are as follows:

LORD_NIGHTMARE v Gibloke99
Goldfam v alive
Tsuki Tourou v Mrobinson587
FightForFun v GengarCrysis92
Aquilae v EvilBob
Stathakis v Bixby
Pojopembo v ceramic
Limitless v die eter

Rules:
~ Evasion Clause enabled
~ Freeze Clause enabled
~ OHKO Clause enabled
~ Sleep Clause enabled
~ Species Clause enabled
~ Timed Battle enabled
~ Avoid scouting (scouting on purpose will result in a disqualification from the tournament)
~ No illegal movesets (such as Pursuit & Selfdestruct Snorlax)
~ Any Pokemon defined as "Uber" or "Limbo" by Smogon is banned from the tournament
~ Please PM logs to me after completing your battles to clear up any conflicts should they arise

If you have any queries, please forward them to myself or Aeolus.

The deadline for this round is July 16, 7:00PM (GMT +8).

i think stathakis can take me in the end. that is , if i dont get beaten by goldfam in the first round.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Stathakis vs. Limitless finals.

Stathakis unfortunately enough wins .-.

Too bad Benefit was too late for this. So instead I'll root for my long time apprentice... Limitless! Kick some ass kid. ;)

i think stathakis can take me in the end. that is , if i dont get beaten by goldfam in the first round.
I lol at that, MXN as i know you. Unless <insert amazing yet amusing event here> happens, I think i may go out there. But i shall try anyway

ack this thing started right as I leave!! anyways, I hope bixby doesn't mind getting up real early.

on another note, it'd be totally awesome if I win, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to stand up to the pressure and make it past round 1 D=

do first tournaments always scare you this much?

Well, my first tourney didn't scare me due to the fact that I had a grand total of no predictions for me, so you don't have pressure to live up to. However, it seems as if you are a fan favorite. No pressure!

^^ Exactly, It's great being the new guy, cos i can just try again in the next tutoring round! I'm confident in what HAvak has done for me, so I'll just give it a go. And if i fail, no-one will give a shit anyway! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)