Apprentice Program - Round Twenty Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to MS

Shoddy Battle nick: Gelmax, Athrosu
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 1pm-1am
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level*: Was somewhat active in the community during the Advance generation, but while I'm experienced at raising Pokemon I'm no good at battling
A little about myself: I can't use Nintendo Wi-Fi at college so I'm filling out my Pokedex and getting into the community now; I can't keep interest in Pokemon without someone to play with

Assigned to CaptKirby

Shoddy Battle nick: Mr Happy/Woopah
Time zone: Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 1-7 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level*: Throughout a year of play I've managed to gather some skill playing the game, but I feel I still lack something. I'm stuck on the 1400s range on rating . I'd like for someone to help me improve in the mental aspect of the game (long-term thinking, etc.), since I feel that is what I'm lacking.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Lost 5-0, I shouldn't have used a newly-made Defensive team.Wish it had been a 4-0, at the least...

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Limitless vs Ts = Limitless (5-0)

As parting words, I'd like to say thank you to Jrrrrrr as being my tutor the 2nd time. He taught me so much stuff about battling and team building. Not to mention he's the best tutor! However... there was one thing I didn't like about him.... fuck the Celtics... go Pistons!!!!! LOL! Anyways, I'd also like to thank Husk for teaching me a new way to think about team building, and last but not least Pulse for being my mentor from when I was a noob. Don't quit man! Come back!!!!

Thanks Jrrrrrr!

tape

I'm pretty sure I saved it, but yeah, it was boring =/

The problem is, I don't know where I saved it, so I'm gonna dig around My Documents/Desktop.

Edit: I can't see myself writing a warstory out of a battle in which I use a defensive team; I knew I should have opted for a "normal" team.

Edit 2: Nevermind, I don't have it.

Edit 3: Hey, to my other fans, look forward into my other battles for the next Tutor/Apprentice round, I signed up for the tourney =(

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Man, I wish I could do the tourney, but I can't. Well, good job limitless! Tsuki, I'm still a fan, though :P.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
And on that note, the Official Batting 101 Tournament comes to a close. Well done to both of you, getting this far is an achievement in and of itself.

Thanks to all who participated!

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Official Batting 101 Tournament (Round 29) - Round 1

Welcome to the third Official Battling 101 Tournament! We have selected 16 competitors to participate in this tournament - round 1 matchups are as follows:

ShadowSaber v Legacy Raider
HABACHI v Ayashi - Extension granted.
santeria v Rhykune
skyfox500 v sg111
Volren v jaaddahaka
Pharaoh v xat
Umbreon-dana v dragonites
Coconut Storm v Insanity_X

Rules:
~ Evasion Clause enabled
~ Freeze Clause enabled
~ OHKO Clause enabled
~ Sleep Clause enabled
~ Species Clause enabled
~ Timed Battle enabled
~ Avoid scouting (scouting on purpose will result in a disqualification from the tournament)
~ No illegal movesets (such as Pursuit & Selfdestruct Snorlax)
~ Any Pokemon defined as "Uber" or "Limbo" by Smogon is banned from the tournament
~ Please PM logs to me after completing your battles to clear up any conflicts should they arise

If you have any queries, please forward them to myself or Aeolus.

Note: In order for everyone to have a shot at playing in this tournament, I have omitted players that played in the last one. I feel having a "break" of at minimum one round is the fairest approach.

The deadline for this round is August 13, 7:00PM (GMT +8).

tape

Note: In order for everyone to have a shot at playing in this tournament, I have omitted players that played in the last one. I feel having a "break" of at minimum one round is the fairest approach.
Awww, and I was waiting for this =( What am I supposed to do till the 16th?

Good luck to all the participants, because this is (likely) your first Smogon tournament.
There's no pressure to do good, just pick your most favorite team and have at it! Make your tutors proud!

Da Letter El

Because you were the 18th person to say you wanted to be in; it's a 16 person tournament. And you would have been 19th if I wasn't going to Vermont mid-tourney.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Rhykune will win it all, not too sure on Starman's skill in single battles but if he's anywhere near as good as he is in doubles, he will be one to watch.

Da Letter El

is this round started already? if sop when does the next round start?
When this tournament ends, so you should probably check back sometime in September or maybe even late August if everyone finishes their matches quickly (which probably won't happen).

rhykune v. starmanxl final

but I think rhykune will be able to win in the end.
Sorry to disappoint, but I won't be able to participate in the tournament at all. The internet at my mother's house--the only place where I've access to Shoddy--was unexpectedly cut two days ago and probably won't be restored for some time. Oh well, good luck to everyone else!

MS said:
Rhykune will win it all, not too sure on Starman's skill in single battles but if he's anywhere near as good as he is in doubles, he will be one to watch.
Actually, I'm way better at doubles than singles. I'm horrible at standard, which is why I joined in the first place!

tape

Rhykune to win it all, I have seen him battling a few times, and he's around the forums a lot, so he should know some stuff.

I won't predict on the other ones, since I don't know any of 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)