1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Apprentice Program - Round Twenty Six

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Aeolus, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nilf

Nilf

Sorry, my wireless just failed in the middle, flashed off, then straight on again but i still DC'ed. I tried to get it back, but yeah, sorry....

Sikh was in control of the match however, especially as I didn't know 2 of his pokemon (and how they fared against Heatran, which was my main option to take out the rest of his team).

Man why did this have to happen in the final...
  2. Stathakis

Stathakis I hax people in real life
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Field Ranger

hmm, so everyone says sikh was in control and zakkusu d/ced? suspicious.

lol, just kidding. I wish I could have watched.
  3. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Congratulations to Sikh Assassin for winning the first Official Battling 101 Tournament!

You've made both your tutors (despite what they think) proud. Thanks for being patient everyone; hold tight as we prepare for the next round of tutoring. I'll leave this thread open until that time for final reflections on the last match and the tournament itself.

Consolations to our runner up, Zakkusu. Thanks for being such a good sport - and great job getting this far!

With that, the first Official Battling 101 Tournament draws to a close. Thanks everybody!
  4. Sorrow

Sorrow

yay I've been waiting for the new round ^_^
  5. Stathakis

so, uh, when exactly does the next round start?
  6. tape

tape i woke up in a new bugatti
    is a Pre-Contributor

By time....been waiting since May, like when the tourney was in 8 pairs...Probably the start.

Question: Will it start in the next 30 minutes?If so, I'll stay on.
  7. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

It will most likely start within the next day or two. We need to get a few things in order beforehand.
  8. tape

tape i woke up in a new bugatti
    is a Pre-Contributor

Hm, sounds ok...alright.

There should be an e-mail/PM notification or something, though I know I wont' forget.
  9. Train Man

Train Man

Congratulations Sikh Assassin.
  10. Calciphoce

Calciphoce

Congratz, but honestly I'm more exited that I can finally tutor again.
  11. kd24

kd24 yo daddy musta been a drug dealer? why, cuz you're dope
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Congrats Sikh. Like Calci though, I am really looking forward to tutoring again.
  12. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

[Hope that people acknowledge mine and Jabba's sarcasm]

Congratulations to our young, bright Sikh Assassin for the impressive victory on his part. Unlucky to the tremendous Zakkusu, for an incredible, yet un-expected stretch that granted him to the finals.

Well played.
  13. Nilf

Nilf

Congratulations Sikh, and apologies about that mess up in the final. I guess the underdog (I was primarily predicted against in every round hehe) could only go so far. I look forward to the next tourney where hopefully I can try to knock you off your throne :)

Also thanks to Gorm for the tutoring heh. I wouldn't have gotten as far without it, honest. I'm just happy my Smogon battling debut was a success :)
  14. X-Trader

X-Trader

Thank you to all, and Zakkusu, gg ;)
  15. Tech975

Tech975

Could someone put me down to be in the next one. I would really like to be in it and have been waiting for awhile but I will not be able to get on until the 27 or 28 and Im not sure if that would be too late.
  16. Stathakis

well, by then it'll be already halfway through, so I'm not sure the merit of going for that round. I'd just wait for the next one.
  17. Tech975

Tech975

I can start in round 2? (Forgive my newness to this)
  18. zhamy

zhamy

I've been lurking Smogon since May, waiting for this to end. Huzzah!
    I'm excited to learn.
  19. Sorrow

Sorrow

haha same here. I keep refreshing and get exicted everytime I see something bold just to find someone just posted in this thread. =/ lol
  20. Skyld

Skyld

Glad to see I'm not the only one =D
  21. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Administrative Note: Official Tournament threads merged w/ R27
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)