1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Apprentice Program: Round Two

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Aeolus, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elly

Elly

Taken by cloud

Netbattle nick: Elearu
    Time zone: Eastern(-5:00 GMT)
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Mon, Tues at 4:00pm-6:30pm. Wed, Sun at 7:00pm-10:00pm. Fri at 9:30pm-11:30pm. Sat at 4:00pm-12:00am.
    Experience level*: I've played Pokemon since RBY. Started Netbattle during Adv 200. Quit for awhile then came back. I can do pretty good against most people, but I need to refine my skills more than anything.
    A little about myself: Play Tennis and soccer irl, so my schedule is crazy sometimes =/. I'm willing to learn.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv 2v2, then Adv OU.
  2. flavour trainer

flavour trainer

Taken by Aeolus

Netbattle nick: flavourtrainerisback
    Time zone: New Jersey?
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Umm...EDT? Sorry I don't know this stuff well, but I am on at 4:00 to around 5:00 almost everday.
    Experience level*: Practically none, super newb, acidentally (yeah really) made a really good team once, then lost it
    A little about myself: umm...<insert random "location" pedophile joke>
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU!
  3. FireRed Version

FireRed Version

Assigned to Warthog

Netbattle nick:FireRed
    Time zone:Mountain
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): dont know
    Experience level*:Just Downloaded
    A little about myself:
    Generation(s) I want to learn:R/S/E
  4. Icecap Veiwin

Icecap Veiwin

Assigned to goofball

Netbattle nick: Icecap Veiwin
    Time zone: Pacific
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5:00 - 12:00 (that's something along the lines of 2 to 9 Pacific)
    Experience level*: I have some RBY experience.
    A little about myself: I am Icecap Veiwin, and I am signing up for this tutoring program so I can actually be somewhat decent competition.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV
  5. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Ok, I've matched up all apprentices who have been waiting for a tutor. If there is a problem with any of the matches I made, Let me know ASAP.

There are still a few tutors available for this round...so go ahead and post!
  6. Slickee

Slickee

Assigned to zfs

Netbattle nick: Slickee
    Time zone: GMT -4
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 10PM-12AM
    Experience level*: About a couple months
    A little about myself: I am quite eager to learn...
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV UU ONLY
  7. Wappa

Wappa

Tutoring

Continuing with jpchato

jpchato was my tutor. Am I supposed to meet him again?
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan

Netbattle Nick: Some variation of TheMusicMan (meaning stuff like TheMetroMan is me)
    Regular online hours: I'm in EDT, so yeah... my job doesnt start for another couple of weeks, so I'll be on most of the day... and night.
    Experience level: I play GSC mostly, so I know what im doing somewhat there... I've been playing ADV more lately, and have gotten better, but I still need major help.
    A little about myself: I'm a music major and the whitest white boy you'll ever meet... nuff said.
    Generations I want to learn: RS OU, RS Ubers, GSC OU somewhat, mostly UU
  9. dynamo

dynamo

Pending acceptance as a second apprentice...

NB nick: dynamo
    Time Zone: GMT
    Regular Online Hours: 7PM-9PM on a weekday, very regularly at random times on Saturday/Sunday.
    Experience level: I know the basics and quite a bit of important stuff in Adv OU.
    A little about myself: I'm from England, like listening to rock such as Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin, and bits of metal.
    Generations I want to learn: RBY OU and Adv UU.
  10. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

jpchato has not been assigned a tutor for this round yet, so I'm going to go ahead and approve your staying on with him for another round.

Jackal has been assigned a new apprentice for this round, so he can only continue with you on a secondary basis.
  11. rlaur2

rlaur2

Assigned to Veteran in Love

Netbattle nick: rlaur2
    Time zone: GMT -4
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 6PM-9PM
    Experience level*: I'm fairly decent in ADV OU but thats about it. (excluding Metronome)
    A little about myself: Phily boy. Listen to rap. I get haxed quite frequently.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV UU , ADV NU.

Im on from 6pm-9pm not 9AM. Sorry bout that, hope it doesn't effect anything.
  12. Lightningstar

Lightningstar

Netbattle nick: Lightningstar
    Time zone: Pacific
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Weekdays, 4:00-9:00, Weekends, Morning, Noon & Night!
    Experience level*: Intermediate, I'd say.
    A little about myself: Roleplay + Pokemon obsessed. An okay battler. Willing to learn just about anything.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: Advanced, NOT Uber. UU, as well.
  13. xcrissxcrossx

xcrissxcrossx

I want a tutor

Netbattle nick: [.A.] Shikamaru
    Time zone: GMT -5 (Eastern time)
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 5PM - 7:30PM
    Experience level*:I used to be really good, but now i cant seem to win any battles
    A little about myself:I like to play the pokemon game boy games, but i dont like the show
    Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV
  14. Tazzler

Tazzler

Assigned to Roy

Netbattle nick: Tazzlerluva
    Time zone:EST
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 3PM-10 PM on weekdays, 11AM-9PM most of the time on weekends
    Experience level*: Okay at UU, not the best, but not the worst, would like some more skills though. I'm not that good at ubers, too.
    A little about myself: Fav sport is soccer and food is ice cream. I like jynx. I am an okay predicter and battler in general.
    Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY/GSC OU, ADV UU, ADV Ubers currently

I hope I'm not too late.
  15. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

As of now, I only have RBY and GSC tutors left. So, if you want to learn advance, it might be difficult to find a match.
  16. Tazzler

Tazzler

Assigned to Roy

RBY/GSC OU would be my third choice, after all.
  17. shadows wrath

shadows wrath

Netbattle nick: shadow's wrath
    Time zone: Eastern USA time
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Unknown
    Experience level*: Well, I'm not an idiot... :P
    A little about myself: I enjoy Zelda and YuGiOh as well!
    Generation(s) I want to learn: R/S/E and onward. (The guys at the gamefaqs.com forum are WAY better at this then me. I intend to get to that lvl of gameplay. >:) )
  18. Rider of the wind

Rider of the wind

Assigned to Justin8649

Netbattle nick: Darkness
    Time zone: GMT-4:00.
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Pretty much always.
    Experience level*:Well..I make baby koffing cry.:koffcry:
    A little about myself:Not much.
    Generation(s) I want to learn:G/S/C. UU if possible.
  19. Xtra

Xtra

Netbattle nick:Xtra
    Time zone:CST (GMT -5)
    Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 7:00 PM-10:00 PM
    Experience level*:Not an absolute beginner, but still fairly new to competitive battling.
    A little about myself:Just a guy who likes pokemon.
    Generation(s) I want to learn:Advanced
  20. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan

Posting to say that I would be willing to go with GSC OU and UU for this round if that's all that is available.
  21. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

Justin was my last GSC tutor. I'm down to RBY.
  22. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I have never seen my apprentice on Netbattle. I sent him a PM about half an hour ago, so if he doesn't respond, I'd like to swipe TheMusicMan. :)
  23. ArrowzOfLight

ArrowzOfLight

Netbattle nick: Arrowz / Phantasy
    Time zone: GMT
    Regular Online Hours(GMT... dunno how to make it EDT): 12:00 to 14:00 and 17:00 to 20:00, 21:00 to 22:00. On the Weekend I pretty much live inside netbattle.
    Experience level*: Level 5... hoping to level up after I kill a few pidgeys.
    A little about myself: I'm ugly(Check vineon's photo album), and I'm older than I was when I took that picture. I also play chess, table-tennis, a shitload of mmorpgs, and I've qualified to participate in the International Chemistry Olympiad, by scoring third place in the national finals =).
    Generation(s) I want to learn: RSFRLG Uber

Note: I'd like to learn from someone friendly, and (if possible) someone who doesn't often talk to me, since I'd appreciate getting to know new people.
  24. RicepigeonKKM

RicepigeonKKM Wait, who?
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Just posting to say my apprentice is never on, unless he's under a diff name.
  25. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

KKM, send your apprentice a PM. There is no other way to coordinate a time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)