1. The moderators of this forum are Plus, IronBullet, Jio, and Shiba.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO RU

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Plus, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plus

Plus deadass
    is a Tutoris a Global Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Professor of B101

[​IMG]
    THIS THREAD WILL OPEN ON APRIL 22, 3:00 PM GMT -4.
    Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SUMO RU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Skype, Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
    • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
    • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
    • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
    • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
    • You may request priority if you were skipped previously in 2016. Link your sign-up post from last year by going to the B101 Archive located in Thread Cryonics underneath Closed Forums.
    • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be deleted. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
    • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.

• NEW: You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
    List of supported formats (open)

Any iteration of Ubers/OU/UU/RU/NU/PU/DOU/LC from any of the current or past generations.
    Any iteration of Battle Spot / VGC formats.

Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.

The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
    You will be banned from signing up in the future if:
    • You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
    • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
    • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
    • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
    • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3-6 months)
    Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).
    Conor3197, itram2001, Rider and 4 others like this.
  2. megabackingengar

megabackingengar

assigned to TraceofLife

Username
    :megabackingengar
    PO/PS! Username:megabackingengar
    Your timezone:GMT +6.30
    Usual Hours of Availability:Anytime except 9-12 am and 6-8 pm
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I usually play sumo ou but i often read articles about older gens and can play them somewhat as well. I have little patience and is somewhat shy so can't really ladder n stuff. Sumo ru seems fun to me and i'd like to have a stable tier for me to plau
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Discord
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2017
    Plus likes this.
  3. Colonel M

Colonel M Like a Pope
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

assigned to Omicron

Username: Colonel M
    PO/PS! Username: ColonelM
    Your timezone: GMT -4
    Usual Hours of Availability:
    Afternoons, evenings, and nights
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I once used Kartana stall. It was lit. RU seems fun to learn though and I would like to diversify my tier reach.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Only Discord.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I have read the terms and agreements to this.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
    Hulavuta and Rakan like this.
  4. x TwirlyPanda x

x TwirlyPanda x

Assigned to Rider

Username
    : x TwirlyPanda x
    PO/PS! Username: x TwirlyPanda x
    Your timezone: UTC−04:00
    Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays: 3:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m.; Weekends: 11:00 a.m.-11:00p.m.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Pokémon player since 2007. Never played competitively on cartridge but play around 12 hours on Showdown! a week. I consider myself to be pretty good in basic knowledge of competitive play but am not as good at executing plans. I am mostly looking for a way to learn how to become a better team builder and think more about cores, checks, counters, and compliments.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Have both but prefer Discord
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Sí señor
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
  5. Lavender Town

Lavender Town

Username: Lavender Town
    PO/PS! Username: Lavender Lined
    Your timezone: Gmt+2
    Usual Hours of Availability: Weekday mornings, super flexible on weekends
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
    I mainly play VGC fairly regularly since 2016 and I lurk on smogon from time to time and want to check out a singles tier. The RU meta seems interesting and I want to become well versed in singles play. I've played a few ladder matches with samples.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes, discord
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes
  6. rainofhatred

rainofhatred

assigned to Arifeen

Username
    : rainofhatred
    PO/PS! Username: rainofhatred
    Your timezone: gmt + 8
    Usual Hours of Availability: anytime for the next month or so
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): introduced to competitve pokemon by a friend i met over another game, ive played mainly ou
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
    Plus likes this.
  7. xEpicc

xEpicc

Assigned to Ajna

Username
    : xEpicc
    PO/PS! Username: adjustments or A1 Phoenix
    Your timezone: EST
    Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays: after school around 4:30pm Weekends: Whenever really
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive for almost a year and a half now but have only been focusing on OU, UU and Monotype. I would love to expand my knowledge into other tiers. I'd like to start to teach others once I learn everything myself!
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
    Plus likes this.
  8. Heliodor

Heliodor

assigned to TraceofLife

Username
    : Heliodor
    PO/PS! Username: Heliodor
    Your timezone: GMT +7
    Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays - After 10 pm ; Saturday - Noon and after 10 pm ; Sunday - Anytime but not extreme midnight
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Ive played DOU mainly for last few months. I dont really know about singles metagame. Ive tried to getting reqs for hera susp with some stealed teams but failed. RU seems interesting and i want to expand my tier knowledge.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2017
    Plus likes this.
  9. Holy Break

Holy Break

Username: Holy Break
    PO/PS! Username: Holy Break
    Your timezone: Gmt +1
    Usual Hours of Availability: Everyday i am pretty flexible this month.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
    I joined Ps 2 years ago back in oras but played only oras ou and oras ubers then sm came out and i focused on ubers negliging lower tiers now that i am interested in Ru i d like to learn it.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?
    Yea
  10. Chara Undernet

Chara Undernet

Username: Chara Undernet
    PO/PS! Username: Chara Undernet
    Your timezone: GMT+1
    Usual Hours of Availability: I should be available all the month
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've started to play seriously in competitive since mid-ORAS. I have some experience in OU/Uber and would like being able to perform as well in lower tiers. My level is somewhat changing, as I'm able to understand well how to play a game, but I'm really proeminent to choking.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes both, but pref Discord
  11. Hys

Hys

Assigned to Rakan

Username
    : Hys
    PO/PS! Username: xHys
    Your timezone: GMT -4
    Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings and nights
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played some competitive Monotype in the past, as well as topping Monotype ladder. Looking to learn some other tiers outside of Mono, starting with Ru. Looking forward to learning the tier in a more in-depth sense considering I can only build balance teams effectively at the moment.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord preferred.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
  12. dogknees

dogknees

assigned to TraceofLife

Username
    : dogknees
    PO/PS! Username: dogknees
    Your timezone: gmt+10
    Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime Friday - Sunday, shaky on Monday - Thursday but could figure something out
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing comp Pokemon for about a year now, been tutored already in battle spot and ou. Looking to expand a bit on my tier knowledge, as while I'm not the worst player I'm not the best either. More of a chill player than a super competitive one
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)