Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO UU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SUMO UU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Skype, Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE.Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped previously in 2016. Link your sign-up post from last year by going to the B101 Archive located in Thread Cryonics underneath Closed Forums.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be deleted. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.

• NEW: You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
Any iteration of Ubers/OU/UU/RU/NU/PU/DOU/LC from any of the past generations.
Any iteration of Battle Spot / VGC formats.

Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
example said:
Username: plus
PS! Username: youngme7o
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in 2007 and decided to join Smogon to get better. Since then, I've played in tournaments like WCOP 2009 and SPL 1 way back in the day. Admittedly I've had less time to burn on Pokemon since then, but I still have fair knowledge in OU / UU / NU for all generations from DPP onwards.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:
  • You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Last edited:
Username: Hammy
PO/PS! Username: Hammy0
Your timezone: central US
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays after 6 pm. Saturday anytime Sundays im
busy
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been around ps for almost 2 yrs. Been playing Oms but now starting to learn official tiers. I played alot of ou and ru in oras. I've panticipated in alot of circuit tours on smog and have had a lot of fun.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: MHM
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: MHM

assigned to Amaroq

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rs
iRebel
PS Username:
iRebel
Timezone: GMT-6
Usual Hours of Availability: I am available most days of the week except Tuesdays from 4pm to around 7 or 8pm. Most days Saturdays and Sundays.
My Experience in Pokemon: I've been playing on PS for at least a year and a half. I believe I'm currently a PU main, but with SuMo PU not coming out for a while I decided to learn SuMo UU as well. I also really like the current Meta. I've hosted threads in the PU forum, but with ORAS PU being over I'm finding myself having a bit more free time as well. Hopefully this can improve my team building and battling skills
I can use both Discord and Skype.
I Understand how the blacklist works.

assigned to TSR

Breezy

formerly Quaze
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: HQuaze
PO/PS! Username: HQuaze
Your timezone: gmt +1
Usual Hours of Availability: tuesday and thursday in the evening and sunday all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm mainly an OU player and started playing competitive pokemon at the beginning of ORAS. I'd like to be tutored in order to improve my building skills and have someone to fight with.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

assigned to Eyan

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: KevinELF
PO/PS! Username: KevinELF
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: Mondays after 1pm and can make time on the weekends. Wednesday or Friday evenings are possible too.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've only really started playing seriously for a year now. The tier I play the most and have legitimate experience with is Monotype. Recently I've been starting to play OU and LC with the help of some friends.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both

Assigned to Amaroq

Username: GamerFlame718
PO/PS! Username: GamerFlame718
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: Not exactly certain but I'm normally available on weekends, not too much on weekdays though.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have never entered any tournament or professional stuff. I've been playing Showdown since around 2015. I know a good amount but my skills seem to have flat-lined.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Can use both but Discord is preferred.

Username: SiPuwat
PO/PS! Username: SiPuwat
Your timezone: GMT+7
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 10pm-3am, Weekends 6pm-3am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing Showdown in early 2016, mainly played ORAS UU. Then SM came, and I switched to OU, because there was barely any resource, or even a clear meta, during early UU. Now that viability rankings, role compendium, etc are up, I would like to get back to UU. I've played some games in SM UU, around 70-80 games, mostly using sample teams with some little tweaks, and would love to learn more through tutoring.

assigned to Killintime

AbrarWasee

formerly Train All
Username:Train All
PO/PS! Username:AbrarWasee
Your timezone:GMT+6
Usual Hours of Availability:On weekdays from 10 AM to 6 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I started playing competitively from 2016 and decided to join Smogon to get better. I want to be good at ladder and in battle generally but can't do much. I want to learn SM UU as it is a new and diverse meta.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

assigned to Sacri'

Username:Renny_
PO/PS! Username:Rennyy
Your timezone: GMT +1, italy
Usual Hours of Availability: all day without morning xd
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive pokemon at the end of bw. I was mainly ou but this year i decided to learn and play only UU because i really the tier. I'm gonna try to get into the smogon community to become a better player n_n
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

assigned to Killintime

Username: GXS
PO/PS! Username:GXS
Your timezone: aest gmt +10
Usual Hours of Availability: 4pm - 10pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Only just joined 1st Smogon tour, but I have dabbled in the ladder for the past year or so.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
discord

assigned to Eyan

Username: Kushal00
PO/PS! Username:Kushal00
Your timezone: Ist Gmt+5:30
Usual Hours of Availability: All day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): ive been playing competitive for an year now joined some smogon tours,im kinda decent at it.

assigned to Eyan

Username: Takuto
PO/PS! Username: Patassaura / Eu Tenho Depressão
Your timezone: -3
Usual Hours of Availability: 07:00-18:00
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i play competitive since dppt, but only played OU and Uber

Assigned to Amaroq

Username: cappino
PO/PS! Username: cappino
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: 2 PM until 2 AM, can stretch until 3 AM if needed
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i wanna be the very best like no one ever was; been playing since DP but took an extensive break until late ORAS, currently struggling a bit with teambuilding
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to TSR

Username
: Spencario
PO/PS! Username: Aeronautical
Your timezone: GMT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoons and Nights (2pm-11pm) on M/W/F and Sunday work best, otherwise I can be flexible depending on what's needed.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Moderately experienced with competitive battling, love the teambuilding aspect of the game. Last gen my favorite tier was ORAS UU by far. I'm hoping to continue that trend and understand the new meta better, as well as advice for offensive and balanced comps.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

Username: AriiStella
PO/PS! Username: ^
Your timezone: GMT -6
Usual Hours of Availability: I am always available in my night time!
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been here for a while and I main Ubers but I always wanted to learn a different tier and UU seems a lot fun I would like to know more about the metagame as well as improving my building skills n_n

Eyan has agreed to tutor me.

assigned to Eyan

assigned to TSR

Username
: DurzaOffTopic
PO/PS! Username: I bounce around, on "eurhythmics" recently
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: 3:15-5pm and 7-9:15pm my time usually
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Ive been playing mons for a while and know a lot of people, but always think im better than I really am. I have a lack of understanding of advanced playing tactics that seem like common knowledge to the best players and could appreciate some help. But anyway my background started in OMs where i peaked Mix and Mega ladder for some time in gen6. After the release of gen7 i was pretty bad at mix and mega (lost to Quantum Tesseract 27 times in a row when he was using the same team during a series of testing battles) I then moved to maining anything goes where I wasn't great but I was alright. I have over 1.5 thousand gen7 anything goes battles between a lot of alts lol. after bad experiences with the community and roomstaff i eventually made it to NU where ive been for the last few months, but had the same problem of thinking I'm better than I am. I would like to try out UU because I had a lot of fun in the M-lati suspect and I also have some friends in the room (shoutout ilct).

assigned to Amane Misa

Username: bigtukker
PO/PS! Username: bigtukker
Your timezone: +2 CET
Usual Hours of Availability: Midweeks evenings, except Tuesday and sime Mondays and Wednesdays, most weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started during gen IV. I've never been "good" .
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, preferably Discord.

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Username: vivalospride
PO/PS! Username: vivalospride
Your timezone: GMT -7
Usual Hours of Availability: i don't sleep, so all the time
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started in 2012, memed in wifi battles till i found PS in 2014, stuck to low ladder OU for like 2.5 years until i started actually taking the game seriously like 7-8 months ago, and now I'm like pretty decent but still nowhere near good enough.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both

Amane misa has agreed to tutor me

justdrew

is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
assigned to Sage of the 6

Username: itsjustdrew
PO/PS! Username: itsjustdrew
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm on usually every day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started in 2016 I main UU and play so much of it. Ive gotten better but still a lot I need to work on. Looking forward to practicing my competitive play!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both

assigned to Welli0u

Username:Irwin02
PO/PS! Username:Irwin02
Your timezone:GMT+8
Usual Hours of Availability:3-9PM on weekdays 10am-11pm weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Started playing since XY came out.Roughly used to the competitive scene.Best in UU thus I want to improve myself.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Both can but preferably discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yep

assigned to Indigo Plateau

Username: Mach V
PS username: VzlMach
Timezone: GMT+5:30 (IST)
Usual hours of availability: 9-11pm weekdays, 1pm to 11pm weekends
Was playing rand bats in ORAS. Then started playing SuMo UU as most of my favorite mons are in this tier :P. Highest elo I achieved was around 1500 since then I've never came out of low ladder.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord only
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

assigned to Sage of the 6

Username: Vegalius
PO/PS! Username: Vegalius
Your timezone: GMT -6 (CST)
Usual Hours of Availability: 9AM - 11PM Everyday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing Competitive Pokemon back when X/Y came out.
I then discovered Smogon and decided to hone my skills within the OU tier. I've played a little bit of the UU tier, so I know some of the main things to look out for, but I'm not that great overall as a player. I'm decent at battling, but garbage at teambuilding, something I definitely would love to improve.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: YES

Jade

why are girls?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Username: D2P2 HD
PO/PS! Username: Juuno
Your timezone: GMT -5 (EST)
Usual Hours of Availability: About 3:00-8:00 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I first came in PS in 2012. I played a bit of BW UU, but left after the Froslass suspect. I mainly lurked in the UU room, but never talked. It was only a few months ago that I began to interact with the chat and got to know the wonderful people there. Im good at teambuilding, but I would like to get better at battling.

assigned to Eyan

Darksafadao

best of the second options
assigned to Indigo Plateau

Username: darksafadao
PO/PS! Username: altariaoffense
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually 2-5 PM on weekdays and most of Sunday but I'm somewhat flexible on my hours of availability.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing pokémon since last year and for a long time now I've been doing my best to improve at UU. I like how the community and the tier feels, but I don't really apply my tier knowledge and sometimes I just mash buttons. Currently I feel like I'm slowly improving but I also feel like a tutor could really help me at this goal.

assigtned to Sage

Username: Ben Chai
PO/PS! Username: GoogleLover20000
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Currently any time during the week. I'll be getting a job or two in July and that will most likely change things and I'm not sure what to expect but will try to remain flexible.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing Pokemon for as long as I can remember but just started playing competitively recently. I've been on and off with the game which has prevented me from truly getting good at the game but I consider myself a fast learner and will improve quickly with a tutor. I've recently been learning OU but am considering learning UU instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)