Resists:
/
/
/
/

Weaknesses:
/
/

Ability: Water Bubble - Decreases Fire-type move power on the Pokémon by 50%. Increases power of Water-type moves used by the Pokémon by 100% before adding STAB. Prevents Burn
Hidden Ability (Available): Water Absorb - The Pokémon heals up to 1/4 of its maximum Hit Points when hit with Water-type moves.
Base Stats - 68 HP / 70 Atk / 92 Def / 50 SAtk / 132 SDef / 42 Spe

Level Up
  • Water Sport (Pre-Evolution Only)
  • Wide Guard
  • Soak
  • Bubble
  • Infestation
  • Spider Web
  • Bug Bite
  • Infestation
  • Bubble Beam
  • Bite
  • Aqua Ring
  • Leech Life
  • Crunch
  • Lunge
  • Mirror Coat
  • Liquidation
  • Entertainment
TMs
  • Toxic
  • Hidden Power
  • Ice Beam
  • Blizzard
  • Protect
  • Rain Dance
  • Safeguard
  • Frustration
  • Return
  • Leech Life
  • Double Team
  • Reflect
  • Facade
  • Rest
  • Attract
  • Round
  • Scald
  • Frost Breath
  • X-Scissor
  • Infestation
  • Poison Jab
  • Swagger
  • Sleep Talk
  • Substitute
  • Waterfall
  • Confide
Egg Moves
  • Power Split
  • Aurora Beam
  • Stockpile
  • Spit Up
Z-Moves
  • Breakneck Blitz
  • Acid Downpour
  • Savage Spinout
  • Hydro Vortex
  • Shattered Psyche
  • Subzero Hammer
  • Black Hole Eclipse

Araquanid is the opposite of a straightforward pokemon. There is no clear role that springs to mind when looking at its repertoire. It's potential appears to be in a combination of secondary characteristics and factors that make tackling a pokemon like Araquanid more difficult than it initially appears. Let's look at some of its unique characteristics.

It's exclusive ability Water Bubble is an amalgamation of several other abilities with offensive and defensive benefits. Adding a Fire resistance means a total of 6 resistances with skewed, yet workable 68/92/132 defenses. While it only has three weaknesses, one is to Stealth Rock, and its crappy speed means it won't be the best option for switch ins if it has to take two hits in a row. A burn immunity however makes it a great switch into Scald and WoW users. Since its Attack stat can't be hampered and a form of passive damage is prevented, Araquanid can be a potentially good tank. And the final benefit is that Water moves, after factoring STAB, essentially have tripled BP. Liquidation, your best physical Water move (with a chance to lower Def no less (%chance unconfirmed atm)), has an effective BP of 255. Here's a calc to give you a rough idea of the unresisted power:

252+ Atk Araquanid Liquidation (255 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 203-239 (50.2 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As an aside, Z-Liquidation becomes Hydro Vortex, with a BP of 480. Is it worth it? Likely not, but it's there.

Other Noteworthy Moves:
  • Leech Life has been buffed to a whopping 80 BP in SuMo. That's a 120 BP Bug STAB version of Drain Punch. This is a big benefit.
  • Lunge is another 80 BP physical Bug move, but with the secondary effect of always lowering your opponent's Atk stat.
  • Despite the horrible 50 SpA stat, Scald is an option to handle potential physical attackers by spreading Burn, really helping Araquanid perform as a tank with additional passive damage on top of being safer defensively.
  • Aqua Ring, combined with Leftovers, Leech Life, and a burn immunity, can potentially pay dividends in the long run with that much HP regeneration. Z-Aqua Ring also has the effect of boosting your Def by one stage. You lose Leftovers, but those also have the potential to be Knocked Off. Is the trade worth it? Unlikely, but its there.
  • Power Split has the potential to be absolutely devastating if someone tries to set up in front of you. This move is one of the only ways to increase your Atk stat.
Trick Tank
Araquanid @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
IVs: Atk 0 / SpA 0
Nature Bold
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Power Split
- Aqua Ring/Scald/Toxic/Substitute

So the obvious goal of this set is to take advantage of HO teams. Set up Aqua Ring or start spamming Scald as they switch to a strong physical attacker. If they think you are set up bait, that's when you hit them with Power Split and drastically increase your power output. The power boost and combination of HP recovery means you'll be able to muscle past many would be obstacles outside of SE Z moves. Impish and regular Atk IVs with some EV investment are another option should you wish to be less reliant on Power Split itself.

Substitute
Araquanid @ Leftovers
Nature Impish
- Substitute
- Toxic/Scald
- Leech Life/Lunge/Aqua Ring
- Aqua Ring/Stockpile/Protect

A stall set with Substitute as the crux of your defense. With your good resistance pool, you can mitigate a lot of damage. Toxic or Scald for your status of choice. Toxic would pair better with Lunge for the Attack drops, otherwise Scald and Aqua Ring have a similar effect. Finally, Stockpile or Protect will help immensely to prolong the enemy's pain.

All-Out-Attacker
Araquanid @ Choice Band/Splash Plate/Expert Belt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Nature Adamant
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Waterfall/Poison Jab/Scald
- Sleep Talk/Poison Jab/Lunge

Standard CB set. Try to force switches and take advantage of slow U-Turns to come in against something that can't hurt you much. Araquanid actually has decent coverage, and the side effects of your STABs make them highly spammable. While Liquidation is your go-to move, bulky Grass types will fear your Bug STAB and risk switching in. Many bulky water types also fear your STAB or coverage like Slowbro, Azumarill, etc. Splash Plate can bluff a Choice Band and works really well adding further multipliers to your Water STAB. Life Orb is unwise considering your already low HP, SR weakness and low speed.

Rest Talk (by Martin )
Araquanid @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Liquidation
- Scald

"I personally think that this is the best Araquanid set because it takes best advantage of it's typing to take stuff on repeatedly. RestTalk allows it to heal up and check stuff repeatedly throughout the match with its cool set of resistances. It's typing allows it to use Pheromosa to burn sleep turns without risking it KOing due to taking hits from it very convincingly (252+ Atk Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Araquanid: 92-108 (27.1 - 31.8%) -- 42.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery; 252+ Atk Pheromosa Lunge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Araquanid: 114-135 (33.6 - 39.8%) -- 22.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery). While Lunge can net the 3HKO with good rolls, the chance is still pretty low and one Scald Sleep Talk roll could very easily end it's career if it banks on rolls (0 SpA Water Bubble Araquanid Scald vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Pheromosa: 237-279 (83.7 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO). It is able to spread burns pretty consistently, and it's not a sitting duck when it's healing due to just how scary Water Bubble is." - Martin

Last edited:
Assault Vest should be slashed imo, it doesn't care about being burned which is a typical worry for Assault Vest users, it has a good set of resists, and its special bulk becomes somewhat preposterous after a boost. I see this thing being a solid choice for Trick Room teams (like most of the Alola Pokedex), capable of cleaning up teams without a water resist easily. Of course Azumarill is a lot more versatile, and is much better outside of Trick Room, but Araquanid's extra power comes in handy sometimes.

I debated an AV set and decided against it. Despite it does have a good offensive movepool with secondary effects and resistances, AV in general is worse on pokemon with a low HP:SpD ratio. It's also generally unwise for a pokemon with a SR weakness to act as a pivot.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
The All-Out-Attacker should probably have Brave + Scald slashed if you're already slashing Splash Plate. I can't think of any reason to run Splash Plate over Band if you're not going to utilize the fact you have special azu waterfalls and physical keld hydros (in terms of power) on the same set.

how come AV can't make the cut but power split and aqua ring sets do? seems a bit weird... especially since it has a recovery attack and access to scald OR lunge to "boost" its physical side. not saying it doesnt have issues with weak coverage, but thats prevalent in all Araquanid sets, and i think AV finds the most switchin opportunities since it lets it check a bunch of powerful unresisted special attacks (ie. AV araquanid can check LO latios by switching into draco, unlike other sets). It makes it really hard to ohko on the special side to the point where LO Xurkitree will do like 85% max with thunderbolt and Megazard Y does 29% max with fire blast, which is cool lol

Because as I said SR weak mon with a SpD stat roughly twice as high as its HP don't tend to get the best mileage out of the item compared to Leftovers in the long run. This has been the case since XY but hey, these are theoreymon sets. By all means, try it out yourself and prove me wrong, this isn't set in stone guys.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Banded Arquanid would defenitely run Sleep Talk in the last slot, so that it can serve as sleep fodder. And honestly, you would probably want to just run Waterfall+Liquidation+Leech Life in that case, just to give you the higest chance possible to hit a Water move. it's situational, but not nearly as situational as Poison Jab tbh.

This pokemon seems fun but not really viable. Not much reason to run this over Azumarill. Ground resist is kinda nice though, and it actually switches into Landorus pretty well, so I guess there's that?

I like that Sleep Talk idea Albacore .

It certainly is niche, that's for sure. Not having to worry about burn is certainly a plus over Azumarill, it's a shame it doesn't get Aqua Jet though. If it had at that it'd be an OU staple for sure. I wonder who would have the strongest CB Aqua Jet between Araquanid, Azumarill and Crawdaunt?

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 120-142 (35.1 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HK
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 96-114 (28.1 - 33.4%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Araquanid Aqua Jet (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 144-169 (42.2 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Holy crap, that is no small increase. Aqua Jet would be insane on this thing.

The set I'm seeing do the most work is specially defensive Leftovers with Liquidation/Lunge/Leech Life/Poison Jab.

It may seem redundant to run two 80 BP Bug Stabs, but they serve different purposes. Lunge cripples a physical attacker on the switch, while Leech Life grants sustain against non-resistant special attackers.

Liquidation is the STAB nuke of choice and Poison Jab hits fairies hard.

This thing is pretty bulky.

water bubble is a fucking busted OP ability and it's probably stands for good reason it won't see wide distributions in the future.

this thing can do 60% to 2x resisted hits from a mon with 70 base attack after a CB with Liquidation.

i doubt we'll see this ability on a mon with better speed and offensives.

water bubble is a fucking busted OP ability and it's probably stands for good reason it won't see wide distributions in the future.

this thing can do 60% to 2x resisted hits from a mon with 70 base attack after a CB with Liquidation.

i doubt we'll see this ability on a mon with better speed and offensives.
Do you mean that this ability will stay exclusive to Araquanid?

too early to tell but generally really amazing abilities like this tend to stay exclusive or extremely limited.

huge/pure power is only on 3 lines and a mega evo and one of those 3 lines has it as a hidden ability.

that's quite limited.

Do you have examples of other really good abilities like this?
Drought and Drizzle were exclusive to Ninetales and Politoed until recently

Wonder Guard, obviously exclusive to the 1 HP Shedinja

Protean only on Kecleon and Greninja

Speed boost until recently was exclusive to a few pokemon

Poison heal on Gliscor & Breloom

Shadow tag on Wobbufett and Gothitelle

Beartic has been buffed a lot in this generation, receiving another weather-dependent Speed-boosting Ability and a generous bonus to its Attack stat.
It's also weak to Fire, hates burns and can use Aqua Jet.
Araquanid has Entrainment.

As an early adopter of Entrainment Truant Durant into hone claws/protect Dugtrio in gen 5, seeing that ability with Entrainment gets me excited for the possible "gimmicky" stuff it can do in doubles.

Lots of steels that don't like fire, and lots of attackers than don't like burn. Heck even jsut giving crazy powerful water moves seems deccent. It might not even be so gimmicky, considering how useful Water Bubble is.

The Defensive Power Split set is actually quite solid. Question about Power Split though-if you power split on Mon 1, and they swap out to Mon 2 and you Power Split again, does the 2nd time use your changed/boosted stats or your originals for the averaging?

The Defensive Power Split set is actually quite solid. Question about Power Split though-if you power split on Mon 1, and they swap out to Mon 2 and you Power Split again, does the 2nd time use your changed/boosted stats or your originals for the averaging?
Power Split uses the boosted stats for the averaging... and you keep them until you switch out.
On another note, the whole Entrainment thing means this would have been really fearsome in Triples... but it was removed. So we're going to have to settle with Water Bubble Politoed, which is honestly still pretty nuts to face.

EDIT: I mean that Power Spilt will use your newly averaged stats in the equation. Boosts will do nothing for the purposes of Power Split, but because Power Spilt does change the base attack/special attack, it will use the new average for any more Power Splits. Sorry if my explanation was vague...

Last edited:
The All-Out-Attacker should probably have Brave + Scald slashed
I've used this and I recommend it for all Band/etc. sets as long as Aegislash is still around. All-contact sets are a real liability right now, and Scald does pretty good damage even with uninvested base 50 SpA. Burn-fishing is always nice too.

Power Split uses the boosted stats for the averaging... and you keep them until you switch out.
On another note, the whole Entrainment thing means this would have been really fearsome in Triples... but it was removed. So we're going to have to settle with Water Bubble Politoed, which is honestly still pretty nuts to face.
"Power Split averages the user's Attack and Special Attack stats with those of the target Pokémon. Power Split will ignore both the user and the target's stat changes when calculating the average." from Bulbapedia. Sounds to me that only base values are averaged, and after that, the current bonuses are readded again?

Pokemon A (200 atk, 200 spatk) uses power split on Pokemon B (400 atk, 600 spatk (spatk boosted by +1)).

Situation 1: Pokemon A will have 300 atk and 400 spatk, Pokemon B will also have 300 atk and 400 spatk. (boosted values are split)
Situation 2: Pokemon A will have 300 atk and 300 spatk, Pokemon B will have 300 atk and 450 spatk. (base valus are split and boosts added later)

So according to you it's Situation 1, but Bulbapedia sounds more like 2 to me. Or maybe it's just my flawed English? ._.

---

I've used this and I recommend it for all Band/etc. sets as long as Aegislash is still around. All-contact sets are a real liability right now, and Scald does pretty good damage even with uninvested base 50 SpA. Burn-fishing is always nice too.
That's a pretty good idea to have a special and a physical water move. That way you will always be able to hit the enemy on it's weak side. Accordingly I'd change the sets to go with a different nature if Scald is used. I also have some questions about those sets that are probably noobish, but asking never hurts, r? :3

Trick Tank
Araquanid @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
IVs: Atk 0 (Is it really worth it to lower your own Atk with IV and Nature just for the power split? I mean that only hurts physical pokemon, but always hurts you.)
Nature Bold (Relaxed?)
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Power Split
- Aqua Ring/Scald/Toxic

So the obvious goal of this set is to take advantage of HO teams. Set up Aqua Ring or start spamming Scald as they switch to a strong physical attacker. (How do you know if or to what they swap?) (If they think you are set up bait, that's when you hit them with Power Split and drastically increase your power output. (So you let them think you setup, so they will setup and you steal their stats (above situation 1?)) The power boost and combination of HP recovery means you'll be able to muscle past many would be obstacles outside of SE Z moves.

Substitute
Araquanid @ Leftovers
Nature Impish (I'd take Relaxed if Scald is used)
- Substitute
- Toxic/Scald
- Lunge/Aqua Ring

A stall set with Substitute as the crux of your defense. (This is something I never was able to pull off. Each time I use a Substitute, they get destroyed within the next turn and I'm where it all startet, just with 25% missing health. How do you use Substitute correctly? I hope this isn't too much offtopic ...) With your good resistance pool, you can mitigate a lot of damage. Toxic or Scald for your status of choice. Toxic would pair better with Lunge for the Attack drops, otherwise Scald and Aqua Ring have a similar effect. Finally, Stockpile or Protect will help immensely to prolong the enemy's pain.

All-Out-Attacker
Nature Adamant (I'd add Scald to the list instead of Waterfall, so you can attack the enemies weak defense. Accordingly I'd take a Brave nature)
- Liquidation
- Leech Life

---

Just something minor: :)
"Ability: Water Bubble - Decreases Fire-type move power on the Pokémon by 50%. Increases power of Water-type moves used by the Pokémon by 100% before adding STAB. Prevents Burn."

Pretty sure it doesn't matter when STAB is added since it's all multiplicative:

Before STAB: 80 BP x2 (ability) = 160 x1.5 (STAB) = 240
After STAB: 80 BP x1.5 (STAB) = 120 x2 (ability) = 240

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
"Ability: Water Bubble - Decreases Fire-type move power on the Pokémon by 50%. Increases power of Water-type moves used by the Pokémon by 100% before adding STAB. Prevents Burn."

In this context, "before STAB" just means that it is in addition to STAB as opposed to replacing it like Adaptability does. "In addition to" doesn't flow that well in a sentence like that, so it is appropriate in the context.

Anyway this mon feels like a really weird pick. It's stupidly strong on it's water attacks and actually has pretty decent bulk that is backed by a pretty solid set of resistances, so I'm super interested to see how well it functions after we get some quickbans and the meta settles down a bit. Something worth noting is that this thing is a Pheromosa switch-in. I've been running a spread of 248 HP / 152 Atk / 108 Def adamant which allows it to avoid the HJK 2HKO from naughty Phero after Stealth Rock (252+ Atk Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 108 Def Araquanid: 116-137 (34.2 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery) while not being forced to go run Power Trick to tear stuff to shreds. If you're particularly scared of Lunge Pheromosa you can run a spread of 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 Def bold which avoids the 3HKO from that at the cost of some firepower.

Slash Leech Life before Lunge on the Substitute set because it allows you to heal off a bit of the damage you take from setting Sub while also targetting the same kind of stuff that Lunge does.

I think Power Trick is a bit of a gimmick honestly and I'm not really 100% sure if it's practical given that you either need to take a hit or give your opponent a free switch to do so, which isn't practical given Araquanid's low speed stat--especially when you consider that you'd have to be pretty stupid to use Araquanid as setup bait with something that doesn't force it out given how disgustingly strong it is. Same goes for Aqua Ring too as it requires a turn to set up which could be used to deal a strong hit to something.

One other thing worth considering is RestTalk. The set that I've been running is this:

Araquanid @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Liquidation
- Scald

I personally think that this is the best Araquanid set because it takes best advantage of it's typing to take stuff on repeatedly. RestTalk allows it to heal up and check stuff repeatedly throughout the match with its cool set of resistances. It's typing allows it to use Pheromosa to burn sleep turns without risking it KOing due to taking hits from it very convincingly (252+ Atk Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Araquanid: 92-108 (27.1 - 31.8%) -- 42.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery; 252+ Atk Pheromosa Lunge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Araquanid: 114-135 (33.6 - 39.8%) -- 22.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery). While Lunge can net the 3HKO with good rolls, the chance is still pretty low and one Scald Sleep Talk roll could very easily end it's career if it banks on rolls (0 SpA Water Bubble Araquanid Scald vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Pheromosa: 237-279 (83.7 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO). It is able to spread burns pretty consistently, and it's not a sitting duck when it's healing due to just how scary Water Bubble is.

Last edited:
"Power Split averages the user's Attack and Special Attack stats with those of the target Pokémon. Power Split will ignore both the user and the target's stat changes when calculating the average." from Bulbapedia. Sounds to me that only base values are averaged, and after that, the current bonuses are readded again?

Pokemon A (200 atk, 200 spatk) uses power split on Pokemon B (400 atk, 600 spatk (spatk boosted by +1)).

Situation 1: Pokemon A will have 300 atk and 400 spatk, Pokemon B will also have 300 atk and 400 spatk. (boosted values are split)
Situation 2: Pokemon A will have 300 atk and 300 spatk, Pokemon B will have 300 atk and 450 spatk. (base valus are split and boosts added later)

So according to you it's Situation 1, but Bulbapedia sounds more like 2 to me. Or maybe it's just my flawed English? ._.

---

That's a pretty good idea to have a special and a physical water move. That way you will always be able to hit the enemy on it's weak side. Accordingly I'd change the sets to go with a different nature if Scald is used. I also have some questions about those sets that are probably noobish, but asking never hurts, r? :3

Trick Tank
Araquanid @ Leftovers
IVs: Atk 0 (Is it really worth it to lower your own Atk with IV and Nature just for the power split? I mean that only hurts physical pokemon, but always hurts you.)
Nature Bold (Relaxed?)
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Power Split
- Aqua Ring/Scald/Toxic

So the obvious goal of this set is to take advantage of HO teams. Set up Aqua Ring or start spamming Scald as they switch to a strong physical attacker. (How do you know if or to what they swap?) (If they think you are set up bait, that's when you hit them with Power Split and drastically increase your power output. (So you let them think you setup, so they will setup and you steal their stats (above situation 1?)) The power boost and combination of HP recovery means you'll be able to muscle past many would be obstacles outside of SE Z moves.

Substitute
Araquanid @ Leftovers
Nature Impish (I'd take Relaxed if Scald is used)
- Substitute
- Toxic/Scald
- Lunge/Aqua Ring

A stall set with Substitute as the crux of your defense. (This is something I never was able to pull off. Each time I use a Substitute, they get destroyed within the next turn and I'm where it all startet, just with 25% missing health. How do you use Substitute correctly? I hope this isn't too much offtopic ...) With your good resistance pool, you can mitigate a lot of damage. Toxic or Scald for your status of choice. Toxic would pair better with Lunge for the Attack drops, otherwise Scald and Aqua Ring have a similar effect. Finally, Stockpile or Protect will help immensely to prolong the enemy's pain.

All-Out-Attacker
Nature Adamant (I'd add Scald to the list instead of Waterfall, so you can attack the enemies weak defense. Accordingly I'd take a Brave nature)
- Liquidation
- Leech Life

---

OP altered based on feedback from fellow Smogon users.

Regarding Substitute set, you need to put Araquanid in front of something that can't hurt it based on your resistances. Do this after something dies, or a slow U-Turn. Like most sets that rely on Substitute for other pokemon, your goal is to use Substitute as they switch out. A Slowbro or Keldeo are great examples of things that would likely switch out based on their movesets.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
oh btw i listed the wrong nature on RestTalk. It's meant to be Relaxed--not bold (I typed it 'cause fuck re-opening showdown and went auto-pilot)

I like that Sleep Talk idea Albacore .

It certainly is niche, that's for sure. Not having to worry about burn is certainly a plus over Azumarill, it's a shame it doesn't get Aqua Jet though. If it had at that it'd be an OU staple for sure. I wonder who would have the strongest CB Aqua Jet between Araquanid, Azumarill and Crawdaunt?

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 120-142 (35.1 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HK
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 96-114 (28.1 - 33.4%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Araquanid Aqua Jet (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 144-169 (42.2 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Holy crap, that is no small increase. Aqua Jet would be insane on this thing.

Man, I really love Araquanid, but I'm GLAD it doesn't get Aqua Jet. An Aqua Jet that much stronger than Azumarill's Aqua Jet would just be reaching ridiculous levels to be honest.

I am liking Assault Vest though. I've been using:

Araquanid @ Assault Vest
Brave: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Scald
- Lunge

Spoilers, I never really use any move besides Liquidation. I haven't used it for too long but I do think AV is alright with this guy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)