Arcana Force XXI -The World-

This team is INCREDIBLY weak to Baton Pass. After playing about 5 people with this team and raping all of them with one team, I would have to say that you have almost no way to stop people from getting off at least one Pass. Which means that lots of stuff is going to die.
Maybe if he adds taunt to Deoxys that should fix the problem to Baton Pass Teams

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hey ShakeItUp, nice team you got there.

Looking over your threatlist most of your threats outlined (Landorus, Gliscor) can be fixed by one simple change.

Replace Jirachi's Leftovers with a Shuca Berry which now gives you the option to feign a Choice Scarf and live through the EQ's of Landorus/Gliscor. Essentially i support what dachickens said.

For your second weakness to Baton Pass consider using Taunt over Agility on Gliscor. Furthermore id change either Substitute or Earthquake (preferably Substitute - Sub relies on pure chance anways, not something id trust upon) on Gliscor to the move Roost, which gives you the option to effectively break Stall on a consistent basis together with Taunt and also helps vs. Baton Pass teams.

As my last point id change Dragon Claw on Salamence to Draco Meteor which even without any special attack investment deals more damage to most Steels and Salamence-counters than Dragon Claw over the course of 2 turns (its only weaker in the 3rd turn. Salamence main purpose is to revenge killt threats early on and if the lategame rolls around you will most likely spam Outrage for the higher damage output.

Theoretically you could even use Taunt on Deo-D over SR and let Gliscor carry these but i dont think that will mesh well with your offensive play-style.

Hope i was of any help.

I really dig that Abomasnow set. <3
ikr :D

The fastest thing Deoxys will possibly need to outspeed in OU is acrobat gliscor Which only hits 289 speed which means you can run a slightly bulkier set: 68 HP, 252 SpA, 188 Spe
Yeah I'll prob tweak the EV spread. I hadn't ever used Deo-D before so I decided to just use the standard on site and change the HP EVs to Special Attack.

This team is INCREDIBLY weak to Baton Pass. After playing about 5 people with this team and raping all of them with one team, I would have to say that you have almost no way to stop people from getting off at least one Pass. Which means that lots of stuff is going to die.
Don't even get me started on Baton Pass xD

Maybe if he adds taunt to Deoxys that should fix the problem to Baton Pass Teams
I'd rather be able to beat almost every rapid spinner in the metagame than worry about rarely used strategy.

Hey ShakeItUp, nice team you got there.

Looking over your threatlist most of your threats outlined (Landorus, Gliscor) can be fixed by one simple change.

Replace Jirachi's Leftovers with a Shuca Berry which now gives you the option to feign a Choice Scarf and live through the EQ's of Landorus/Gliscor. Essentially i support what dachickens said.

For your second weakness to Baton Pass consider using Taunt over Agility on Gliscor. Furthermore id change either Substitute or Earthquake (preferably Substitute - Sub relies on pure chance anways, not something id trust upon) on Gliscor to the move Roost, which gives you the option to effectively break Stall on a consistent basis together with Taunt and also helps vs. Baton Pass teams.

As my last point id change Dragon Claw on Salamence to Draco Meteor which even without any special attack investment deals more damage to most Steels and Salamence-counters than Dragon Claw over the course of 2 turns (its only weaker in the 3rd turn. Salamence main purpose is to revenge killt threats early on and if the lategame rolls around you will most likely spam Outrage for the higher damage output.

Theoretically you could even use Taunt on Deo-D over SR and let Gliscor carry these but i dont think that will mesh well with your offensive play-style.

Hope i was of any help.
Thanks man. I'll try the Shuca thing on Rachi and see if I like it on T-tar or Jirachi better. I would change my Gliscor but it's really come through for me with the current set, as this team really needs a late-game sweeper outside of Salamence, who's weak to Stealth Rock. I'll test out Draco Meteor; seems very cool since it can hit Gliscor really hard in addition to other things. Thanks!

Finally someone besides me who uses dual weather in OU. The TTar-Abomasnow combo brought me to a rating of about 1450 a couple of months ago, but your team, just wow, incredible. Props for that! Can't really say much to your threats, although I would also change the leftovers on your Rachi for a Shuca berry.

Finally someone besides me who uses dual weather in OU. The TTar-Abomasnow combo brought me to a rating of about 1450 a couple of months ago, but your team, just wow, incredible. Props for that! Can't really say much to your threats, although I would also change the leftovers on your Rachi for a Shuca berry.
Thanks! And yeah, I'll test it out.

Hey I really enjoyed reading the rmt. The team is extremely creative :p I loved watching you battle with this team and seeing CLUTCHSCOR annihilate people. Also why was I not mentioned for suggesting Abomasnow :< jk jk :P Good job and congrats on winning the #Pokemon challenge!

I hate this team so much... I was with Taylor talking about how random and bad it is and how it keeps fucking us over. I hate you. The Deoxys always screws my scizor that Jirachode.... Fuck you man.

No good team so frickin random.

I always thought the world was some noob
Man Asterat really has some anger issues.
What an emotional baby. Go home Asterat and cry to your mommy maybe she'll give a crap cause I know I don't.

Anyway, good team. I like the originality I think I'll give it a try.

I played you with this on the ladder just now and won 5-0. Main problem was that you had absolutely no way to beat my NP Mew + Hydreigon core after they set up against Deoxys. You could try running ScarfTar > your DD set, since the team is otherwise pretty good and I don't want to change much. Don't have to worry too much about being set up on considering you have both Gliscor and ScarfMence.

Hey I really enjoyed reading the rmt. The team is extremely creative :p I loved watching you battle with this team and seeing CLUTCHSCOR annihilate people. Also why was I not mentioned for suggesting Abomasnow :< jk jk :P Good job and congrats on winning the #Pokemon challenge!
Fine I'll add a mention of you xD. Thanks man haha. Also, thanks for telling me to get rid of SD on Gliscor ;)

Man Asterat really has some anger issues.
What an emotional baby. Go home Asterat and cry to your mommy maybe she'll give a crap cause I know I don't.

Anyway, good team. I like the originality I think I'll give it a try.
thanks man

I played you with this on the ladder just now and won 5-0. Main problem was that you had absolutely no way to beat my NP Mew + Hydreigon core after they set up against Deoxys. You could try running ScarfTar > your DD set, since the team is otherwise pretty good and I don't want to change much. Don't have to worry too much about being set up on considering you have both Gliscor and ScarfMence.
Oh I didn't play you lol. Guess people are using my team :P Anyway, I think two Scarfers is a bit redundant, and NP Mew is rarely seen anyway.

Love the deo-d set, great work with this team!
Thanks man! :D

Oh I didn't play you lol. Guess people are using my team :P Anyway, I think two Scarfers is a bit redundant, and NP Mew is rarely seen anyway.
Yeah I thought it seemed funny because he was pretty bad. I asked and he said he was you though lol. Looks like you have a stalker so make sure you lock the windows at night.

Indeed, people are using his team left and right now. It seems like a relatively easy team to use, so I don't know why they play it so bad :x.

Great team and very nice rmt!

Good team that I have already played several times on the ladder. The fights were always also épic ^^. Even if I often lost on the haxx. In brief let us pass, I already know the power of this kind of teams. GG

Yeah I thought it seemed funny because he was pretty bad. I asked and he said he was you though lol. Looks like you have a stalker so make sure you lock the windows at night.
XD

Indeed, people are using his team left and right now. It seems like a relatively easy team to use, so I don't know why they play it so bad :x.

Great team and very nice rmt!
thanks! And yeah haha. People probably switch too much is my guess; you're not supposed to switch really when using this team unless you're certain the attack will do almost no damage.

Good team that I have already played several times on the ladder. The fights were always also épic ^^. Even if I often lost on the haxx. In brief let us pass, I already know the power of this kind of teams. GG
Yeah I think I played you more than anyone else haha. And yeah :P

Nice 252 HP EV's on that rachi there mate.

252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs 0 HP/0 Def Jirachi: 12.61% - 14.96%

Taunt on tyranitar will really help against SmashPass and BatonPass teams, over ice punch. It also makes skarmory a little silly looking. Gliscor can beat you know, but you have Jirachi and abomasnow.

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
Luvdisc #58 for you! Such an amazing team, and props for giving DD Tyranitar a bit of love!!!

Hi ShakeItUp. We battled quite a few times on the ladder, back when you were using that Aqua Tail CBtar. At first this team just puzzled me, and seemed just a Ledyba short of Challenge Cup. But after seeing how effective it was in practice, and how well your team members lured and eliminated each others' checks and counters, I am totally converted. It's one of the most bizarre and intriguing, but also most potent teams on the ladder, really demonstrating how focussed creativity can lead to brilliant results.

Although it's hard to find real weaknesses, I think you lack safe switch-ins to pokemon such as Mamoswine, Metagross, and especially Air Balloon Heatran due to switching to the less bulky DD set on Tyranitar. To help against these threats, as well as Landorus, Gliscor, and Baton Pass mentioned earlier, you might want to try replacing Leftovers with Choice Scarf on Jirachi, and updating the EV spread accordingly - then replacing Salamence with DD Taunt Gyarados.

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Bounce / Double-Edge

In addition to having fantastic synergy with Tyranitar, Abomasnow, Gliscor and Jirachi, Gyarados provides you with another threatening setup sweeper to keep the pressure on the opponent. Scarf Jirachi means you still have a fast and versatile revenge killer.

But anyway, as much as I hate that Gliscor, this team gets my Luvdisc!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)