1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  3. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  4. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Arcanigon's Art

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by Arcanigon, May 20, 2013.

1. Arcanigon

Arcanigon

Hi! This is my art thread. You can comment or make requests if you want. If you do make a request, though, be aware I take a while to get stuff onto Smogon. The majority of my art is done on an iPad.
    This was for the Emerald EV Training Guide.
    Aerodactyl used Rock Slide
    This was a vectorish thing from the Emerald sprite for practice.
    Aerodactyl
    And some other art...
    Milotic
    Latios
    Reshiram
    Zekrom
  2. bluehoundoom

bluehoundoom

Welcome to the studio!
    I really like how simple your art is, it shows solid coloring and just a stoke to show highlights and shading. I like it.
    For advice, I find many of the bodies to be a bit odd looking (i.e. your Latios seems a bit fatter than normal and Milotic seems a bit too thin) so to remedy this would be to use the Pokémon you are drawing as a reference and to examine them while you draw them. Also, I would also work on poses/proportions a bit too (I struggle with this too). For poses, you could do many options with that:
    1. Get a manikin and use that to pose the pose you want (though it's not so great to use if you drawing quadpedal things).
    2. Use yourself (or a friend, etc) as a reference and take the picture of it and using both the Pokémon and the pose and render both of them in.
    3. Maybe look up some pictures of animals and copy their poses (i.e. typing in bird in flight could help you with drawing Aerodactyl).
    Anyways, keep up the good work!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)