ability: Multitype
item: Pixie Plate
evs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========
-Judgment is STAB, and gives it some offensive presence
-Recover heals damage and ensures multiple switch-ins
-Defog removes hazards, which helps for anything that dislikes rocks damage (notably Ho-Oh)
-Will-O-Wisp cripples any physical threats or physical set-up sweepers
-Toxic makes it harder to break through Steel types, but is a good option to surprise Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon

Set Details
========
-248 HP is the ideal HP number for Stealth Rock damage
-252 Speed with a Timid nature is ideal, as it lets Arceus outspeed and damage/burn most of the meta and force speed ties with opposing Arceus formes

Usage Tips
========
-Be wary of opposing Mega Gengar or Gothitelle
-Bring in when possible to clear out hazards or eat up an attack
-Find good opportunities to Defog, such as bringing it in on an opposing Yveltal or Arceus-Dark
-Try to avoid status effects, avoid staying in on something that carries Toxic or Will-O-Wisp (Toxic is more worrying than Will-O-Wisp, however)

Team Options
========
-Place it on a team that would benefit from Defog support, such as a team with Ho-Oh or a team that could use the hazard removal and a switch-in for Yveltal or any Dragon type
-Arceus Fairy fits well on stall teams, where it can force out some of the stronger Dragon types that could threaten your team
-Partner it with a Pursuit trapper such as Tyranitar or Mega Scizor to help deal with Mega Gengar
-Partnering it with cleric support such as Blissey or Heal Bell Gothitelle helps remove any status effects that could be placed on Arceus throughout the match
-A solid Ho-Oh check, such as Primal Groudon or even Mega Diancie is a must, as Arceus-Fairy is extreme Ho-Oh bait

SET NAME
########
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Judgment
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Recover
move 4: Earth Power/Will-O-Wisp/Refresh
ability: Multitype
item: Pixie Plate
evs: 248 HP/8 SpA/252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========
-Judgment is STAB
-Calm Mind helps boost your damage output and break through teams
-Recover lets you stay in the game longer and collect more boosts
-Earth Power is a solid way to hit Primal Groudon, Aegislash, and Klefki
-Will-O-Wisp can burn anything physical that is brought out in response to a Calm Mind boost, as well as provide chip damage
-Refresh removes any status effects (Paralysis, Toxic, burn) that could be inflicted

Set Details
========
-248 HP provides ideal bulk and a min number for switching in on Stealth Rock
-252 Speed with a Timid nature ensures that Arceus can outspeed most key threats save for a select few (Mewtwo, Mega Gengar)

Usage Tips
========
-Bring it in on something that you can force a switch on, such as Yveltal or any Dragon type, and begin setting up Calm Minds
-Best used in either a mid-game or a late-game situation, after anything that can phaze it or threaten it is either sufficiently weakened or KO'd.

Team Options
========
-CM Arceus works well as a wallbreaker on either offensive or balanced teams
-Partner it with something like Mega Gengar or Gothitelle, to trap anything standing in the way of a sweep

Other Options
########
-Stealth Rocks can be used on a set
-Roar is an interesting option for phasing
-Alternate status moves (Thunder Wave or Toxic) can be used, though Will-O-Wisp is generally the most ideal option
-Punishment is extremely situational, but can surprise any Gothitelle who attempt to set up on the support variant
-Perish Song is a unique option, as it has very poor distribution and Arceus stands out as one of the better mons to have it, not to mention it can force out CM sweepers on stall teams.
-Stone Edge to hit Ho-Oh

Checks & Counters
########
-Ho-Oh takes little to no damage from Judgment and can hit extremely hard (especially a Choice Band set)
-Primal Groudon can't be burned, will 2HKO both variants with either Fire Punch or Precipice Blades and will give the support variant an especially hard time
-Mega Gengar resists Judgment and can easily trap and kill both variants
-Gothitelle can trap and set up on the support variant
-Arceus-Poison
-Steel Types such as Klefki or Aegislash threaten Toxic variants
-Status effects will wear down non-Refresh variants

Last edited:
I wouldn't put 252 Speed EVs in the Support set. A speed tie with opposing Arceus is only optimal for offensive sets. It's better to lose the speed tie, knowing you'll be able to take the hit better. Therefore, I advise putting 252 EVs in HP (Since defog removes the necessity for an ideal Stealth Rock HP), 96 EVs in Speed to outspeed base 100s, and the rest in a defensive stat.

I wouldn't put 252 Speed EVs in the Support set. A speed tie with opposing Arceus is only optimal for offensive sets. It's better to lose the speed tie, knowing you'll be able to take the hit better. Therefore, I advise putting 252 EVs in HP (Since defog removes the necessity for an ideal Stealth Rock HP), 96 EVs in Speed to outspeed base 100s, and the rest in a defensive stat.
Having Defog doesn't mean you won't ever be switching in and taking rocks damage. Generally having an odd HP number is much better, hence using 248 HP. Considering the meta is shaping up to the point where most things (Notably Mega Salamence, which hits 120 Speed) are faster than base 100, that spread is less than optimal.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Support: I don't mind the fact that it has max Speed since that lets you speed tie with an unboosted Mega Sal, which is more key than speed-tying other Arc formes, but 176 is the minimum for Lati twins, IMO. Do whatever the rest of QC decides though.

Calm Mind:
- The EVs are kind of random. Like really:
-224 HP provides ideal bulk while allowing for some investment in SpA
-32 Special Attack has a high chance to 2HKO Groudon after rocks with an unboosted Earth Power
-252 Speed with a Timid nature ensures that Arceus can outspeed most key threats save for a select few (Mewtwo, Mega Gengar)
1) Why is 224 HP ideal? What makes it better than other numbers? What KOs does it let you avoid?
2) High chance is kind of iffy. I did a calc, it has about an 87.5% chance of 2HKOing 252/0 Primal Groudon. What makes 87.5% acceptable? Why not 100%? I guess you want the 224 HP in there, but that comes back to why 224 HP is so ideal.
3) Like I said for support, I'm going to accept 252 Spe for now since it speed tie Mega Salamence, but if you need more bulk or SpA, feel free to take from Speed. 176 Spe should be the minimum.

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
First a small layout nitpick, please put spaces in between slashes (both for EVs and for Moves).

Overview
Gothitelle seems far from prominent in the current metagame; unless other QC members disagree, I would avoid specific mention anywhere in the analysis. Ho-Oh I feel is a better threat to bring up. This being the only Fairy with great bulk + reliable recovery is also worth mentioning.

Support
I think Toxic deserves a slash in the last slot. It does make Steel-types even more of a pain, but it bothers Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh who are otherwise much happier switching in and can cripple CM Arceus or defensive Pokemon. Roar should also get a Moves mention, it's quite usable (especially if you can stick Defog on Latias). Set Details should include good alternative spreads, see the end of my post. Try to flesh out Usage Tips a bit; things to include could be avoiding status, where to find space to Defog, other threats to avoid, predicting with the moves, etc. The Team Options are also a bit barren; Pursuit users are great (as an anti-Gengar measure) and a solid Ho-Oh check is a must since this baits it. Don't mention Xerneas, two pure Fairies make for somewhat awkward synergy.

CM
I'm not sure about the EV spread; Primal Groudon is quite easily worn down, and I'm not sure these calculations are based off the right EV spreads (which have SpD investment to handle Xerneas). I'll look into it, but probably just go max HP max speed. Fire Blast/Flamethrower are viable coverage in the Moves section. Again, try to get a bit more meat into the Usage/Team sections.

OO
Add Perish Song (counters CM + Sub/Refresh sweepers for stall), just because the distribution is abysmal and Arceus is one of the really good mons to get it. I think Stone Edge is also worth a mention to wreck Ho-Ohs.

C&C
Ho-Oh > Primal Groudon > Shadow Tag (Gengar & Goth) > Poisonceus > Steel types (esp if you use Toxic supportceus) > Status

Regarding the EV spread of the support set, I want other QC members' input. I personally favour 164 Def / 96+ Speed (base 100s) here. Speed ties with other Arceus are unappealing imo; support sets will just annoy each other, Calm Mind sets will beat this and Ekiller attacks with Extremespeed (there are other SD Arceus, but the vast majority of Arceus sets are one of the aforementioned). A Speed tie with Mega Salamence seems appealing in theory, but in practice I don't see many 1 on 1 situations happening; a max Speed Fairyceus will not switch into Salamence (+1 Double-Edge threatens a OHKO after SR, or almost guarantees it from Adamant sets) and Salamence definitely will not switch into it. If this face off does come to be, 248 HP / 164 Def Fairyceus takes +1 Double-Edge pretty well (18.8% chance to OHKO after SR if Adamant), never mind worrying about anything lesser. A 176+ (base 110s) Speed spread might seem like a good compromise and outspeeding Latis sounds appealing, but short of the CM sets the Latis can't touch Fairyceus, and that spread loses out on the ability to quite reliably take on +1 Megamence.

Well done on the analysis though. :] I trust you to implement the additions/changes.

QC approved 1/3

Hi, not qc but just would like to suggest something. Would it be a good idea to suggest an alt ev spread with sufficient speed to outrun either adamant 90 (fast PDon sets) or adamant ray, since positive-natured 100s are much rarer now than before,with the Meta being much bulkier and nothing meaningful between 91 to 109. I mean yeah, there is still genesect , xern and yveltal. But they aren't running Maxspeed except gene, which fairyceus shouldn't be staying against anyway. Salamence would mostly be mega evolving immediately on offensive teams while defensive salamence would not stay in on this Mon. Palkia, another base 100 speed mon, is much rarer now too and and so less of a worry.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
-252 Speed with a Timid nature is ideal, as it lets Arceus outspeed and damage/burn most of the meta and force speed ties with opposing Arceus formes
It's good to note that it lets you at worst speed tie with Mega Salamence.

Otherwise fine, qc approved 2/3

I agree that having an odd number of HP is better with 252 HP EVs you hit 404 HP which is not only divisible by 2 but also 4. This will not only incur extra damage from 3 layers of spikes, but also extra damage for badly poison from the 4th turn onward, which are extremely common scenarios. Furthermore, it reduces damage from Super Fang, and the only drawback is that Recover heals 1 less HP but who's gonna use Recover anyway

tehy

Banned deucer.
Toxic is slashed and OO (slash could use spaces as well like wow / Toxic , as could the second sets slashes)

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
looks ready to me i'd personally have earth power as main 2nd on the cm set but looks like thats what you're explaining so yeh looks great, good work

QC 3/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)