1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Arceus will be allowed in the Ubers Tour AFTER this weekend

Discussion in 'Smogon Tour' started by Philip7086, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Headis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

Now that we have moved to Pokemon Lab as the official simulator for the Smogon Tour, we finally have access to an EV capped Arceus. As some of you might know, Arceus was only banned from Ubers play before due to Shoddy's inability to place an EV cap on it (you can only obtain Arceus in-game at level 100, so it can only gain up to 100 EVs through the use of items like Protein, Calcium, etc.). Since we do not allow Pokemon with illegal stats in official Smogon tournaments, Arceus was removed from play. With Pokemon Lab, however, this is no longer an issue! Therefore, a 100 EV capped Arceus will be permitted in the Smogon Ubers Tour from here on out.

Edit: Apparently there were concerns about this, since Arceus's ability, Multi-type, was not yet implemented on Pokemon Lab. Now, thanks to our fabulous programmers, Multi-type is correctly implemented. However, I realize that having only one day to test this is not sufficient, and so Arceus will still be banned from play in this weekend's Ubers Tour. However, for the following Ubers Tour, and the Smogon Tour Finals, Arceus will be legal, so start preparing!
  2. drcossack

drcossack I'm everywhere, you ain't never there

Just a quick heads-up for anyone who wants to put Arceus on their team:

As far as I know, Multitype does not work (it didn't before Arceus' EV restriction was implemented - reachzero and I noticed this when we battled each other), so you will only be able to use Normal Arceus.

I brought this up in IRC already, Philip, but perhaps it would be better to keep Arceus banned until Multitype works properly?
  3. Conflict

Conflict And who are you, the proud lord said That I must bow so low?
    is a Pre-Contributoris a SPL Winner

This is a joke aint it?

Arceus makes the Uber-Metagame so much less fun....

I cant say that i appreciate this change. We played nearly the entire 4th Gen without Farceus and are now forced to play with and against him. Not to mention thatz the metagame will completly change from what we have known.

I definitely dont like this change - we shouldnt have to deal with the god of Pokemon. I mean its a god - why would a god ever fight himself?
  4. Destiny Warrior

Destiny Warrior also known as Darkwing_Duck
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

@Conflict: No this isn't a joke.

Fun is subjective, what is boring for you might be fun for somebody else.

Just because we played most of 4th Gen without him does not mean that we should not allow him in.

Wh "shouldn't" we? And his status as so-called "God" of Pokemon has no competitive relevance.
  5. Veedrock

Veedrock

Ubers has no bans. End of discussion.
  6. zyrefredric

zyrefredric

Quoted directly from the BW Research Thread. Wouldn't this mean that Arceus can now be max-EVed, unlike before?
  7. firecape

firecape This is the end...
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Metagames by their very nature are meant to be constantly changing :|

That is for 5th generation, 4th generation Arceus still has the EV limit...
  8. jumpluff

jumpluff
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The tours are 4th generation. The feathers are 5th gen. It's impossible to EV train Arceus normally in the 4th gen.
  9. smashlloyd20

smashlloyd20

Arceus eh? This'll be fun...I think that everyone in Ubers will use an Arceus.

@DestinyWarrior: His god status has some competitive relevance, as it grants him all-100 bases! Woo!
  10. kd24

kd24 lemme just whip my dick out and slam it on the table
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

im not a huge fan of changing up the entier tier half way through at all, but thanks for the notice
  11. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This is a ridiculously stupid decision. Echoing kd24, I don't support changing a tier in the middle of the tour. Not only that, but the fact that Multitype isn't even implemented makes this decision strange. Why drasticially change a metagame by adding an incomplete Pokemon? I'm also going to throw around an argument that a lot of people have been bringing up in PR recently. We're supposed to be simulating the game. Allowing an Arceus that can't change types isn't simulating the game properly. We need to hold off on Arceus until Multitype is implemented (although even then i'd say don't allow it for the rest of the tour).

tl;dr keep Arceus banned for the rest of tour or at least until Multitype is implemented.
  12. apologies

apologies
    is a Past SPL Winner

i agree with locopoke and kd24
  13. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Headis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

If you have paid attention to the last two seasons of the Smogon Tour at all, you should have noticed that tiering changes happen all the time mid-season. Due to the lengthy nature of the tour, it doesn't make sense to lock in a tier at the beginning, and that has never been how things were done.

That being said, I will try to see if we can get Arceus completely fixed before Friday. I'm closing this topic for now, and will update you all when I find out what we can do. Just be prepared for Arceus if it comes to that!
  14. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu

Double posting to bump this and let everyone know to read the edit in my OP here.
  15. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

16. Dubby

Dubby

Arceus is good but still counterable and should be unbanned because it's cool. That is all.
  17. Maaf

Maaf Let's go for Nanar sweep
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Hmmm, here's a tricky question. Now, we don't have a PL server, so Tours are hosted on CAP. There won't be any way to check the given EV. Are you guys gonna ban arceus or just assume to get uncontrolled full EVed arceus ?
  18. Ryusuke-0

Ryusuke-0

csb
  19. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

As long as Smogon Tour will be held on Shoddy Battle, Arceus will not be allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)