Arceus will be allowed in the Ubers Tour AFTER this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we have moved to Pokemon Lab as the official simulator for the Smogon Tour, we finally have access to an EV capped Arceus. As some of you might know, Arceus was only banned from Ubers play before due to Shoddy's inability to place an EV cap on it (you can only obtain Arceus in-game at level 100, so it can only gain up to 100 EVs through the use of items like Protein, Calcium, etc.). Since we do not allow Pokemon with illegal stats in official Smogon tournaments, Arceus was removed from play. With Pokemon Lab, however, this is no longer an issue! Therefore, a 100 EV capped Arceus will be permitted in the Smogon Ubers Tour from here on out.

Edit: Apparently there were concerns about this, since Arceus's ability, Multi-type, was not yet implemented on Pokemon Lab. Now, thanks to our fabulous programmers, Multi-type is correctly implemented. However, I realize that having only one day to test this is not sufficient, and so Arceus will still be banned from play in this weekend's Ubers Tour. However, for the following Ubers Tour, and the Smogon Tour Finals, Arceus will be legal, so start preparing!

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Just a quick heads-up for anyone who wants to put Arceus on their team:

As far as I know, Multitype does not work (it didn't before Arceus' EV restriction was implemented - reachzero and I noticed this when we battled each other), so you will only be able to use Normal Arceus.

I brought this up in IRC already, Philip, but perhaps it would be better to keep Arceus banned until Multitype works properly?

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@Conflict: No this isn't a joke.

Fun is subjective, what is boring for you might be fun for somebody else.

Just because we played most of 4th Gen without him does not mean that we should not allow him in.

Wh "shouldn't" we? And his status as so-called "God" of Pokemon has no competitive relevance.

Confirmed The feather items add 1 EV, even past the 100 EV vitamin limit, making it possible to fully EV L100 Pokemon (like the TRU Arceus), even if very inefficiently. (MauriiDS)
Quoted directly from the BW Research Thread. Wouldn't this mean that Arceus can now be max-EVed, unlike before?

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is a joke aint it?

Arceus makes the Uber-Metagame so much less fun....

I cant say that i appreciate this change. We played nearly the entire 4th Gen without Farceus and are now forced to play with and against him. Not to mention thatz the metagame will completly change from what we have known.

I definitely dont like this change - we shouldnt have to deal with the god of Pokemon. I mean its a god - why would a god ever fight himself?
Metagames by their very nature are meant to be constantly changing :|

Quoted directly from the BW Research Thread. Wouldn't this mean that Arceus can now be max-EVed, unlike before?
That is for 5th generation, 4th generation Arceus still has the EV limit...

The tours are 4th generation. The feathers are 5th gen. It's impossible to EV train Arceus normally in the 4th gen.

Arceus eh? This'll be fun...I think that everyone in Ubers will use an Arceus.

@DestinyWarrior: His god status has some competitive relevance, as it grants him all-100 bases! Woo!

im not a huge fan of changing up the entier tier half way through at all, but thanks for the notice

locopoke

Banned deucer.
This is a ridiculously stupid decision. Echoing kd24, I don't support changing a tier in the middle of the tour. Not only that, but the fact that Multitype isn't even implemented makes this decision strange. Why drasticially change a metagame by adding an incomplete Pokemon? I'm also going to throw around an argument that a lot of people have been bringing up in PR recently. We're supposed to be simulating the game. Allowing an Arceus that can't change types isn't simulating the game properly. We need to hold off on Arceus until Multitype is implemented (although even then i'd say don't allow it for the rest of the tour).

tl;dr keep Arceus banned for the rest of tour or at least until Multitype is implemented.

If you have paid attention to the last two seasons of the Smogon Tour at all, you should have noticed that tiering changes happen all the time mid-season. Due to the lengthy nature of the tour, it doesn't make sense to lock in a tier at the beginning, and that has never been how things were done.

That being said, I will try to see if we can get Arceus completely fixed before Friday. I'm closing this topic for now, and will update you all when I find out what we can do. Just be prepared for Arceus if it comes to that!

Maaf

Let's go for Nanar sweep
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hmmm, here's a tricky question. Now, we don't have a PL server, so Tours are hosted on CAP. There won't be any way to check the given EV. Are you guys gonna ban arceus or just assume to get uncontrolled full EVed arceus ?

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Hmmm, here's a tricky question. Now, we don't have a PL server, so Tours are hosted on CAP. There won't be any way to check the given EV. Are you guys gonna ban arceus or just assume to get uncontrolled full EVed arceus ?
As long as Smogon Tour will be held on Shoddy Battle, Arceus will not be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)