(Archive) Pokemon Database Errors Thread

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/bronzong

I noticed an error in this analysis. On the Torrential Zong, the EV's that are listed do not match the description of the set.

"128 Attack EVs give a boost to Explosion, allowing it to always OHKO 252 HP / 0 Def Snorlax, a common deterrent to Rain Dance teams."

The old standard of Torrential Zong was 252HP/128Atk/128Def, so maybe there was an error when putting the EV's down? Or maybe 252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD is the new standard, but for some reason it isn't explained properly in the analysis? Either way, I believe this problem should be corrected.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/clefable

I think there are many mistakes in Clefable`s page and they are all because of the same problem; Magic Guard is an ability that did not exist until Diamond/Pearl which means it is illegal for Clefable to carry Seismic Toss/Softboiled + Magic Guard (since Seismic Toss/Softboiled are learned only in 3rd generations games). That makes many sets listed illegals (even if they were really great). Well, if there is a way to get 3rd generation moves and 4th generation ability (other than hacking), everything should be fine.

Abomasnow learns Role Play, not Magic Coat as a HGSS tutor move. I've had this tested, as once seeing this I tried to get someone to tutor Magic Coat for me, but it could only learn Role Play.

EDIT: Hitmonchan has the same problem, as I just tried to teach Magic Coat to it. >.>

Magnezone, under it's Steel-Killer set, when loaded into the shoddy battle system to Edit Team, Magnezone shows only 3 moves selected, but won't allow another to be picked.
so when settling for 3 moves and attempting to save it says a move is selected twice, thus solving the 3 move mystery.
The move selected twice is hidden power. at this moment, the only way i could get around it was to deselect hidden power and select 3 other moves (it still figures it selected) and when the team is loaded to battle, it shows hidden power as one of the usable moves.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not an error in the database, but rather in the team builder.

Our programmers are more focused on Shoddy Battle 2, so we won't be fixing that problem any time soon.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Something I'd like to say:

In Dragonite's analysis (Optional Changes - second paragraph)

Choice Scarf is a viable option on Dragonite, although it is largely outclassed by Salamence. However, Dragonite has a wider movepool allowing it to use Superpower, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt to decent success. 228 Atk / 108 SpA / 172 is a usable EV spread for such as set with a Naive or Hasty nature. The downside is that Salamence has a higher Attack, Special Attack, and Speed stat while Dragonite is forced to lower one of his defenses.
The bolded part lacks the word " Spe" near the 172. Also, I'd advice to put a speed EV's investement of 176 not 172, because with 176 it'll reach 396 speed outspeeding base 130 pokemon, with 172 Spe EV's it'll get 393 not outspeeding base 130 Spe pokemon.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Dry Skin's short description currently states that it gives the Pokémon a weakness to Fire-type moves. In reality, it makes Fire-type moves do 25% more damage, no where near a full weakness.

I was originally going to make a list but there is a huge amount of Pokémon lacking move tutor moves from Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver, including (but not limited to): Dragonite, Salamence, Metagross, Latios, Latias, Charizard, Golem, Golduck, Rayquaza, Weavile, Rhyperior, Roserade, Ambipom, Groudon, Absol, Tropius, Kecleon, Crawdaunt, Seviper, Cacturne, Sharpedo, Aggron, Sableye, Slaking, Shiftry, Breloom, Linoone, Blaziken, Tyranitar, Ursaring, Heracross, Slowking, Furret, Feraligatr, Meganium, Typhlosion, Mew, Kabutops, Pinsir, Kangaskhan, Seaking, Kingler, Slowbro, Parasect, and Venusaur.

If I really wanted to, I could continue on the list with Blastoise, Raticate, Lugia, so on and so forth, (to firecape:) but there are just so many that I don't think I could include them all if I tried.

So are we just not going to put up the tutor moves and move on to 5th generation?

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was originally going to make a list but there is a huge amount of Pokémon lacking move tutor moves from Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver, including (but not limited to): Dragonite, Salamence, Metagross, Latios, Latias, Charizard, Golem, Golduck, Rayquaza, Weavile, Rhyperior, Roserade, Ambipom, Groudon, Absol, Tropius, Kecleon, Crawdaunt, Seviper, Cacturne, Sharpedo, Aggron, Sableye, Slaking, Shiftry, Breloom, Linoone, Blaziken, Tyranitar, Ursaring, Heracross, Slowking, Furret, Feraligatr, Meganium, Typhlosion, Mew, Kabutops, Pinsir, Kangaskhan, Seaking, Kingler, Slowbro, Parasect, and Venusaur.

If I really wanted to, I could continue on the list with Blastoise, Raticate, Lugia, so on and so forth, but there are just so many that I don't think I could include them all if I tried.

So are we just not going to put up the tutor moves and move on to 5th generation?
You have missed quite a bit. Every single Pokemon that is not purely from the 4th generation (by "purely" I mean things like the Luxray evolutionary family, who doesn't appear in anything but the 4th generation) has missing moves, assuming they can learn tutor moves (for instance, Wobbuffet isn't included in this)This is known, and in the process of being fixed by ete. According to RBG, the learnset database is supposed to take moves from previous generations, and add them to the current learnsets (unless I misunderstood him), but I don't know much about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)