1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

(Archive) Small Objective Changes Thread

Discussion in 'Archives' started by eric the espeon, Jul 12, 2009.

1. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Gyarados Analysis. Choice Band, final paragraph:

"Tyranitar and Scizor can therefore make a great partner to this set as they can both easily take hits from Cresselia, hit back with super effective STAB attacks or even Pursuit should Cresselia try to switch out"

should read: "Tyranitar and Scizor can therefore make great partners..."
  2. Komodo

Komodo I have a custom title?
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Fixed. I added the extra EVs into Defense as they would just hinder the HP and not helpt he Speed outrun anything significant.

Do you have access to do this yourself? I changed this, hope it sounds okay now.

Okay. That is a little awkward, fixed.
  3. jc104

is a Contributor Alumnus

Not quite sure what's going on here. Empoleon analysis, lead set:

There would seem to be a number missing- should it say 100 speed?
  4. Xia

Xia aka Lone Gansel
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I believe you are correct jc104. I've gone ahead and made your change.
  5. Diesel

Diesel

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/heracross

Also can I change this myself or is there only certain badgeholders that can? :P

EDIT: Putting on my big boy shoes and doing it myself.
  6. supermarth64

supermarth64 Here I stand in the light of day
    is a Contributor Alumnus

If you have a badge, just go to SCMS and you can do it yourself.
  7. Fizz

Fizz

In the CAP Threat Descriptions article, under dragonite, it says
    This should be simply "someone", not "a someone".
  8. Namso

Namso
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Thank you Purpureal.

EDIT: Got Purpureal's edit beneath. Thanks.
  9. Fizz

Fizz

I'm not sure if this is something you want people to do, so please tell me if it's not, but I've found another error in the same article.

"both of whom" in this sentence is misleading, implying that both pokémon can set up with both Bulk up and Dragon Dance. In my view it should be changed simply to "who".
  10. Rama

Rama

In Absol's writeup in the Strategy Pokedex, the majority of words that have an apostrophe ' and are followed by the letter s, seem to be double spaced like so, Absol' s or Milotic' s and aren' t.
    this happens in every set, and continues throughout the "other options" and so on, very minor but perhaps should be looked at.
    http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/absol

EDIT: jc104, it still shows these errors when i look at it.
  11. jc104

is a Contributor Alumnus

Unless someone already fixed it, this doesn't appear to be the case (for me anyway)
  12. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

it doesn't do it for me, either. o_o
  13. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

it's fixed evidently
  14. Rama

Rama

the fact that im on a psp might have something to do with it, it also happens a few times in articunos analysis as well, in support "With the addition of roost to Articuno' s" and throughout other options, can someone check to see if its just me.
    http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/articuno

EDIT: the errors for absol still appear when i look at it, so it may only be me.
  15. Komodo

Komodo I have a custom title?
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This example uses a different style apostrophe so it may show up differently. These should all be ' as standard. I'll change those.
  16. Banedon

Banedon

The Uxie analysis page (http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/uxie):

If I'm not mistaken Brick Break, even if it hits Spiritomb, breaks screens. The Brick Break page (http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/brick_break) certainly supports this:

17. jc104

is a Contributor Alumnus

Regardless of whether that is right, there is a rather horrible grammatical error in there that needs to be fixed. It should say simply "Ghost-types" and not "a Ghost-types." This might be one of those areas where Shoddy behaves differently to in-game.
  18. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

19. Namso

Namso
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Thanks Dan, I fixed that.
  20. frogbandit

frogbandit

When I search Light Ball, it redirects to Mist Ball. =/

Also, why is it that when I type in Rotom-H (or any Rotom forme) and Soul Dew (and im sure theres a few more), it redirects to the Google Search rather than the actual analysis page?
  21. Banedon

Banedon

On the guide to baton passing (http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/baton_pass_chains):

The build gives Vaporeon 60 speed EVs, not 66.
  22. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Gengar isn't even base 115 >_> It only needs 60 EVs when passed an Agility, so fixed. Thanks!
  23. Xia

Xia aka Lone Gansel
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Since this isn't true I've gone ahead and removed the entire sentence (this is really only a temporary change, since an entirely new analysis is being written up as we speak).
  24. Banedon

Banedon

EDIT: nevermind Quick Feet nullifies paralysis.
  25. jc104

is a Contributor Alumnus

If I understand correctly, badged users make the change on the SCMS, but this does not instantly update - it has to be first checked by the site staff.

I think Quick Feet bypasses the speed drop from thunder wave. The consideration is, however, that most Quick Feet ursaring are already carrying Toxic Orb, meaning that using Toxic is redundant, but not dangerous. Paralysis is probably of benefit to them though. The same is true for using will-o-wisp on a guts version.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)