(Archive) Small Objective Changes Thread

I found couple errors in this thread http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51529

Errors:

They spelled ''formes'' multiply time's throughout the thread. It is spelled ''form's
'' or ''forms'' Either one works i guess.

Other spelling/grammar error is. They wrote ''switchins'' a couple times. It should be ''switch-ins''.

Also ''self explanatory'' Should be ''self-explanatory''

That's all i found wrong.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
They spelled ''formes'' multiply time's throughout the thread. It is spelled ''form's'' or ''forms'' Either one works i guess.
Actually this is the correct way of spelling it in this case, as it is the way it is spelt by the makers of the game.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think the analyses seem to be down at the moment, but there is a small error in the Empoleon analysis on the lead set. It refers to the 152 HP evs, when the set actually has 156.

(by the way, I can recall it being as such from yesterday, and have confirmed by looking at the peer edit archive, in case you were wondering)

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/intro_comp_pokemon

in move mechanics: physical and special moves
All damaging moves are either physical or special. Physical moves use the Attack stat while Special moves use the Special Attack stat.

For the first three generations, these moves were based on type. All Bug, Flying, Fighting, Ground, Normal, Poison, Rock, and Steel moves were physical. All Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fire, Ghost, Grass, Ice, Psychic, and Water moves were special.
ghost was physical

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think the analyses seem to be down at the moment, but there is a small error in the Empoleon analysis on the lead set. It refers to the 152 HP evs, when the set actually has 156.

(by the way, I can recall it being as such from yesterday, and have confirmed by looking at the peer edit archive, in case you were wondering)
http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/intro_comp_pokemon

in move mechanics: physical and special moves

ghost was physical
These are done, thanks guys

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Looking over the Kyogre analysis, the second last sentence in the first paragraph of the Calm Mind Sweeper set says "can not" when it should say "cannot".

Original sentence : For example, Palkia can not 2HKO a +1 Kyogre with Thunder without Life Orb, while Kyogre 2HKOs most Palkia with Thunder.
Although you didn't mention it, OHKOs is also incorrect in that case. Thanks for pointing it out accidentally. =P

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/jirachi

wish support, second paragraph

The other moves on this set allow Jirachi to provide even more support while beating certain threats. Body Slam is an awesome move on Jirachi, dealing some damage with a 60% chance of paralyzing anything but Ghost-types. This is especially annoying if you paralyze a Ground-type like Mamoswine or Flygon, whom normally don't have to worry about losing their Speed.
should be who because mamoswine and flygon don't have to worry

The fourth paragraph of the Giratina "Great Wall" Set reads:
Instead of using Impish and Dragon Claw, one might choose to use Bold and Dragon Pulse. Dragon Pulse has a slight chance of 3HKOing opposing Giratina and will always break Groudon's Substitutes, in case one tries to Substitute to block Will-O-Wisp. Outrage gives Giratina extra power and does not lock Giratina into a single attack.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Outrage does in fact lock Giratina into a single attack. It should be Dragon Claw being mentioned as the not locking into a single attack, and Outrage for the extra power. Not Outrage accomplishing both.

that's probably trying to say that outrage won't lock you into a single attack if sleep talk selects it while you're asleep. i agree it's not really worded properly to convey that message though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)