(Archive) Small Subjective Changes Thread

Then why do they have Adamant as the other slash? Trick Room should be offensive so if anything it should be Brave / Careful, but Adamant / Careful is better anyway.

Banedon said:
In the mixed Choice Scarf set, 240 speed + Choice Scarf reaches 383 speed
This is incorrect. 240 Speed EVs Rash Blaziken hits 256 Speed, which hits exactly 384 Speed after the Choice Scarf boost. You are right that Swellow sits at 383 Speed, though, but that Blaziken definitely outspeeds.

I have fixed all of the concerns regarding the LC issues above. Munchlax's nature is now Brave / Sassy, and Lotad now has Rain Dance over HPRock as the primary option in that slot. For reference, I spoke with a few LC QCers on the matter before making any changes, and they agree with these decisions.

http://www.smogon.com/rs/pokemon/dragonite

Down in the Opinion section it says "Salamence and, to a lesser extent, Flygon. He isn't as easy to switch in as either of them because he has Inner Focus instead of Intimidate or Levitate" The statement with Salamence is true enough but the Flygon sentence most certainly is not. Levitate provides Flygon with nothing over Dragonite because Nite is immune to Ground anyway and Nite is actually bulkier making that sentence completely false. Perhaps mention that Flygon's superior defensive typing gives it an easier time switching in instead?

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/metagross

Okay in the 4th gen Metagross analysis, I believe the attacking lead set has an in-efficient EV spread. The EV's state it is designed to help survive lead Mamoswine's Earthquake, but an EV spread of 252HP/252Atk/6Spe actually takes physical hits better, gives you an extra point in attack, and increases your durability against special attacks.

I have used attacking-lead Metagross extensively for months and think it is a great lead, however it really bothers me that the EV spread on site is worse than what I usually run.

Here are some calcs to prove my point.

Jolly Mamoswine's Earthquake vs 236HP/20Def Metagross - 71.7% - 85%
Jolly Mamoswine's Ice Shard vs 236HP/20Def Metagross - 7.2% - 8.6%

Jolly Mamoswine's Earthquake vs 252HP Metagross - 71.4% - 84.6%
Jolly Mamoswine's Ice Shard vs 252HP Metagross - 7.1% - 8.5%

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but theres no where else to put it so yeah.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/jirachi

Why is there two Choice Scarf sets when the only difference between the two is one is used in the leadslot with Stealth Rock? Wouldn't an AC mention in the non-lead Choice Scarf set about how it can function as a lead be enough?

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/skarmory

the 16 spe evs are supposed to outspeed adamant max speed rhyperior. Let's look at the February 2011 usage stats:

Rhyperior | 1.32%
Rock Polish Rhyperior | Adamant 252 Spe: 21.2%
Tank Rhyperior | Adamant 252 Spe: 0%
Swords Dance Rhyperior | Adamant 252 Spe: 45.5%
Subperior Rhyperior | Adamant 252 Spe: 0%
RestTalk Rhyperior (rare) | Adamant 252 Spe: 0%
Choice Band Rhyperior (rare) | Adamant 252 Spe: 100%

So yeah, imo:

252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe -> 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe -> 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

Yes, the confusion arose because I'd simply changed the Hidden Power to Ice on Pokemon Online, which dropped the speed IV by one and kept everything else at 31.

Still, if you're going to run 30 Attack and 30 Defense IVs, you might as well use 30 Speed IVs and transfer 4 EVs from Attack to Speed; compared to using 30 Attack / 30 Defense IVs, that would give you one extra Defense point (since you have 31 Defense IVs).

I'd like to avoid making that change for a few reasons. First of all, boosting your Defense by 1 at the cost of lowering Attack by 1 is inconsequential. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, and quite frankly, I'd rather the Attack anyway since Blaziken's checks maim it to begin with. Second, some people do run max Speed on that set for the "at worst Speed tie" against Venusaur. I'd hate to suggest to them to lower their Speed IV by one in such a case where it may hurt them.

The on-site spread is good.

I'm not sure if I got this across right.

Right now if you want HP Ice, use the spread on the site, and still want to outrun Jolly Swellow, you have to run 30 attack IVs and 30 defense IVs.

On the other hand, if you use the modified spread (30 speed IVs, +4 speed EVs sacrificing Attack), you can outrun Jolly Swellow and have one extra point in defense, a clear improvement. It may be small enough to be almost inconsequential, but it is still an improvement. Of course if you're gunning for max speed to tie with Scarf Venusaur then you don't have much choice but to run 30 attack IVs and 30 defense IVs.

EDIT: @below - lol, I think so too, but I did lose one game because I thought my Scarf Blaziken outsped Swellow when it didn't. I didn't seek out this change, it happened to me :)

You're right, so I've fixed it and added a note to the set explaining it. I'm still bothered by how pedantic and useless this change was, but there's really no reason to not make it. There are still much better uses of your (and everyone else's) time than seeking out changes like this.

I think Pimpoleon should get attack and defense evs instead of special atk/ def evs as if people think its special, itl'l go the wrong way. However, if he's physical (especially with the Blisseys)~ ;)

I think Pimpoleon should get attack and defense evs instead of special atk/ def evs as if people think its special, itl'l go the wrong way. However, if he's physical (especially with the Blisseys)~ ;)
Or they could just add a set called "Let's Get Physical" or something.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Low Kick should be in OO for Machamp as nothing is going to make someone submit to Rape more than a good kick in the balls.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/heatran

The Speed EVs bring Heatran to 244 Speed, beating Jolly Tyranitar at 243.
Currently, the Torment set is running 220 Spe EVs, which actually brings Heatran to 245 Speed. The last 4 EVs should go into Special Attack. An extra 4 Special Attack EVs practically secures a 2HKO on Tank Bronzong after Stealth Rock damage. Those EVs aren't really useful anywhere else anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)