1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

(Archive) Small Subjective Changes Thread

Discussion in 'Archives' started by eric the espeon, Jun 1, 2009.

1. supermarth64

supermarth64 Here I stand in the light of day
    is a Contributor Alumnus

If it's that overly centralized, then it's not very helpful to include it. In fact, your little 3 hit combo requires Skarmory to come in on Hi Jump Kick while having a ~20% chance of it working factoring in flinch % and hit %.

What's your point for the second one?
  2. deluge

deluge

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/kecleon

Kecleon still sucks but it got Recover in HGSS.
    So the Sleep Talk set analysis is a bit antiquated now especially in saying that it lacks instant recovery.
    I'm not sure how anlayses are written for these Pokemon nobody uses (there is no analysis C&C section) but if it's permissible to simply remove the outdated phrase that would work.

3. Sprinkles

Sprinkles

I want to add a thing in Tyranitar's optional changes about a mixed set with SR in the lead position.

"A mixed Tyranitar in the lead position can be a viable option, effectively setting up Stealth Rock while providing excellent wall-breaking capabilities throughout the early stages of the match. Azelf is easily beaten by Tyranitar's Dark move of choice, while the abundance of Steel-types can be beaten with Flamethrower / Fire Blast. Ice Beam is a valuable choice to hit Gliscor, while Hidden Power Grass could be a reliable move to hit Swampert and bulky Waters for reasonable damage."
  4. Komodo

Komodo I have a custom title?
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I know I could do this myself but I was wondering what other people think.

On Venusaur's mixed attacker set, I believe Earthquake should be slashed alongside Sleep Powder as it hits Raikou (and to a lesser extent, Registeel), which in the third paragraph it describes Venusaur having problems with Raikou. Venusaur can survive any of Raikou's attacks so it makes sense to do so. For example, Hidden Power Ice deals 68% maximum (from 252 SpA Life Orb Timid Raikou), more than enough to survive right? And most raikou I see right now run leftovers instead, dealing maximum of 52%, which is little chance to 2HKO. Also, isn't HP Grass MUCH more common than HP Ice now? Giving this even more merit imo.
  5. Alan

Alan

6. Namso

Namso
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Fixed Alan. Thanks.
  7. Fizz

Fizz

http://www.smogon.com/dp/abilities/unburden

I feel like Trick should be mentioned as activating Unburden. It's not entirely clear from what's there because while it is getting rid of its item, it's also gaining another one. And Drifblim gets Trick.
  8. Sprinkles

Sprinkles

Well, salamence's primary set, dragon dance, has 24 special attack evs to always ohko physically defense skarmory. I believe this is now outdated, since the primary set skarmory runs has spd evs and rarely any defense evs. I think the evs should just go into attack with the primary option being flamethrower to still 2hko skarm as well as having better accuracy against foes like scizor. Thoughts?
  9. supermarth64

is a Contributor Alumnus

Eh, I'm not too sure about that because:

| Skarmory | SpDefense EV | None | 62.5 |
    | Skarmory | SpDefense EV | Max | 11.1 |

So a majority of Skarmories still don't run any SpD EVs. Additionally, I don't see much merit in using Flamethrower for Scizor, as it'd end up Bullet Punching you first (unless you predict a switch-in, but idk why Scizor would switch in to Mence, it'd be better off sacing something first).

Maybe an actual mention of Flamethrower instead? (seriously I Ctrl+Fed through the DD set and there's not one mention of it).
  10. Sprinkles

Sprinkles

A lot of skarm run like 132 spd Evs though. Also that could work.
  11. Namso

Namso
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Actually, if I remember correctly, Trick does not activate Unburden. Trick will only activate Unburden if the opposing Pokemon does not have an item itself.
  12. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Magnezone analysis - SubSalac sweeper

The set needs 228 speed Evs to hit the 234 speed necessary as mentioned in the analysis. The 12 defence Evs should be removed, leaving the set as 28HP 252spatk 228spe
  13. supermarth64

is a Contributor Alumnus

Done, thank you.
  14. supermarth64

is a Contributor Alumnus

That is not able to be fixed by simple people, but rather by the higher ups.

Also, it should go in this thread instead: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38386
  15. Minart

Minart

16. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It gets it through XD.
  17. Caz the DogWatcher

Caz the DogWatcher

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/mawile

In that analysis of the Sword Dance Mawile set it says,
    It would be more accurate and concise to leave out, "all that easily," and simply say, "Hyper Cutter ensures Mawile does not lose its Swords Dance stat-up." Hyper Cutter doesn't make it harder for Mawile to have its attack reduced, it outright prevents it. Saying, "all that easily," is potentially misleading and makes the sentence awkward to read. Therefore, I beleive it should be omitted.
  18. Namso

Namso

Ok I fixed this.
  19. Brave

Brave

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/shiftry

in the other options it says "Shiftry can Swords Dance to boost its Attack stat, but this begs the question of "what physical attacks it would use?". In general, its special attacks are more powerful than whatever physical attacks it can muster. For what they are worth, Faint Attack, Razor Leaf, Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Aerial Ace, Payback, Return, Brick Break, Double-Edge, Explosion, and Quick Attack are the total of Shiftry's physical attacks. Fake Out is also on offer, but is only really viable in 2v2 matches."

However, at this point Shiftry has now learned Seed Bomb and Sucker Punch and so its physical options which may have been limited before are now a bit more wide and more powerful as i have tested on my sunnyday team a physical set with Swords Dance, Brick Break, Sucker Punch, and Seed Bomb which has prefomed quite well, even in OU. As such, somebody should write a physical set up( and with sunnyday up, possibly mixed) for the analayisis.
  20. supermarth64

is a Contributor Alumnus

Shiftry currently has an analysis in the waiting, so once that gets up, that issue will be fixed.
  21. MegaMewtwo

MegaMewtwo

Lugia's analysis, in the "Great Wall" set:

Looked everywhere in the entire analysis, found nothing on the topic of Roost vs Recover.
  22. Res Ipsa Loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur

23. deleted

deleted

I NEED HELP HELLO!!!!!!!!??

I NEED MY ACOUNT DELETED I DONT KNOW BUT DLETE IT SOMEONE HELP MEB!!!!!!
  24. TRX

TRX

In the Normalized Base Stats article, it says,
    Clearly, it would deal 1.15% more damage, not 1.5 This error is found in the 3rd paragraph of the Normalizing the Attacking Base stats.

Res Ipsa Loquitir (interesting name btw), Bulbapedia's page for the Reckless ability says that it increases the power of moves with crash damage, such as Jump Kick and High Jump Kick. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Reckless I agree and think say it should be changed, although no one would use High Jump Kick over Close Combat, but that is beside the point.
  25. supermarth64

is a Contributor Alumnus

No, that's fine. Multiplying that by 100 and then subtracting off 100 gives 1.5, which is what that amount is. The calculations aren't incorrect either.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)