1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

(Archive) Small Subjective Changes Thread

Discussion in 'Archives' started by eric the espeon, Jun 1, 2009.

1. trojan-man

trojan-man

victreebel

hi, i'm a noob and i'm sorry if i'm posting in the wrong place, but i think i've spotted a mistake. in the pokedex section of this site, victreebel doesn't have a swords dance/leaf blade set. when i looked at the "other option" section, whoever made that entry thought that victreebel's best physical grass move was razor leaf.

-"Swords Dance is a poor option now, with only Razor Leaf for STAB and Return for "type coverage"."
  2. GMLW

GMLW

^That is an old analysis and is being updated.

In Magneton's Uber analysis, in the second paragraph, there is an incredibly awkward sentence.

I think it meant to say "but it is only a worthwhile option."

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/magneton
  3. TRX

TRX

Sorry about earlier post, but I really suck at math and didn't even bother to think about what I was saying before I put it.

Anyway, I found a couple of errors in the Little Cup Threat List http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/lc_threatlist

First, Diggett's has Arena Trap listed as it's only ability, even though it also has Sand Veil.
    This was found in Machop's summary, and there needs to be a comma after Payback.
    I don't know anything about LC, but I'm guessing Mantyke doesn't run Rain Dance and Agility on one set, so the and should be changed for clarification.
    Passed should be past.

While reading the article, I noticed that physical attackers did not have their Special Attack stat listed, nor did special attackers have their Attack stat listed. I assume this was done on purpose, and though I don't personally see why they were omitted, I would like to point out that Porygon has its Attack stat listed and Poliwag has its Special Attack stat listed, even though their summaries do not mention them making use of that stat, respectively.
  4. Alakapimp

Alakapimp All washed up
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/raichu

"Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Ice provide excellent coverage as nothing in UU aside from Lanturn resists that combination of attacks."

Steelix also does, I find it odd that steelix was missed there since its mentioned later in the paragraph.
  5. RheaJ

RheaJ

Hi Smogon,

4th Generation Tips and Tricks

Quoted from the third paragraph of the "In-Game" section under "Useful Pokemon Abilities". The "be" shouldn't be there.
  6. whistle

whistle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

fixing posts 12 and 13, except I didn't do anything about poliwag/porygon's stats being listed because I don't play LC and am unsure whether it is relevant or not.

* 12 and 13 are trx and rheaj's posts respectively
  7. CHENN

CHENN

In "A Guide to DPP Trick Room Teams" :
    'is' should be changed to 'its'
  8. RheaJ

RheaJ

Hi Smogon,

http://www.smogon.com/dp/items/

The description for X Accuracy says "Raises the accuracy of a Pokémon by one stage." I think it should be changed to "by 1 stage", you know, just to be consistent with the other X items which say "by 1 stage."
  9. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Hi, make sure to always link the page where the correction is to take place.
  10. Xia

Xia aka Lone Gansel
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Instead of solving for consistancy's sake, I went ahead and changed all of the other X-items' description so they are grammatically correct. Thank you for pointing this out, Rhea.
  11. CBshuckle

CBshuckle

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/alakazam

This isn't really a grammatical error, but for the team options section for alakazam, it mentions the calm mind set numerous times and yet there is no calm mind set, and in fact calm mind isn't listed as an option for any of the 5 sets.
  12. Phantom_IV

Phantom_IV

13. Namso

Namso formerly Fuzznip
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Fixed.

Fixed CHENN's correction as well. Same with Lonewolf.
  14. Rhys29

Rhys29

15. Namso

Namso formerly Fuzznip
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Okay Rhys29. It's been fixed.
  16. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor to Smogon

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/heatran

Should say "Heatran's switch-ins." Alternatively, it could be changed to "his" as was originally intended.
  17. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

18. supermarth64

supermarth64 Here I stand in the light of day
    is a Contributor Alumnus

19. Namso

Namso formerly Fuzznip
    Mentor

Got it jc104.
  20. Nosferalto

Nosferalto We're all gonna make it
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

21. callforjudgement

callforjudgement

I recently noticed that the Hidden Power IV spread for Rash HP Electric Heatran (near the bottom of http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/heatran) was incorrect, and it was changed to a base-power 68 spread I suggested, because I couldn't find a decent spread that gave a base-power 70 HP Electric. However, during testing of my IV/stat/legality checker, I found two legal spreads that give a BP on 70 with HP Electric without sacrificing anything important: 27/27/31/30/31/31 and 31/27/27/30/31/31. Therefore, I suggest that the advice on IVing a Rash HP Electric Heatran should be changed from "Rash: 29 Atk / 30 SpA (68 Base Power)" to "Rash: 27 Atk / 27 Def / 30 SpA", fixing my own mistake. Sorry about that! (In subjective, because reducing the overall stats of a Pokémon is not an objectively correct change.)
  22. supermarth64

is a Contributor Alumnus

23. supermarth64

is a Contributor Alumnus

Actually I changed it on site to 30 SpA / 23 SpD because Rash already cuts SpD and you're using Rash for Explosion, so you want as much power as you can get.
  24. Snorlaxe

Snorlaxe 2 kawaii 4 u
    is a Contributor Alumnus

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/dragonite

The first sentence of the Dragonite Anti-Lead set could use a transition imo. It reads:

but I think

would be better.
  25. Zystral

Zystral めんどくさい、な~
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

uh no.
    Possess = the verb to possess, to own.
    posses = plural of posse, a group.

also the second half does not contradict the first half. the sentence is fine as it is
    perhaps put "and" in front of Dragonite to read "and Dragonite is one of them." to give a bit more flow and cohesion.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)