Umbreon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Mean Look
- Taunt
- Wish

Most phazers won't try and fuck around with Zapdos, so there's a good chance I'll get an Agility up. Passing it to Umbreon will allow me to Taunt any base 120 Speeder and below (I'm not really worried about Zam, Jolteon, or Aerodactyl) effectively stopping any phazing, subbing, or status. From there, I can pass to one of my boomers or hit up Celebi.

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 44 HP / 236 Atk / 228 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

Rule of thumb when BPing is to scout out a Pokemon or two with BP. In Umbreon's case, BPing immediately could score me a KO vs Heracross or the Tyranitar trying to wreck shit. If possible, I can trap Skarm and kill it off Zapdos.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 20 Spd / 176 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Leech Seed
- Perish Song
- Recover
- Reflect

Celebi is already a bitch. This just makes it a Middle Eastern bitch (thanks for EV advice, Taylor). Along with a fast Umbreon, it's pretty tough to counter.

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 172 HP / 212 Atk / 16 Spd / 108 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit

Filler really. Without Psychic, I felt Gengar had an ability to cripple some things, so I brought my nigga in the streets to help out.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 52 Def / 108 Spd / 16 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion
- Giga Drain
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt

Because Gengar seems to work well with Dugtrio.

Main thing here is Agility, Trap, Pass, Perish. Have at it.

Although Umbreon has good SpD it isn't great at walling. Sub/MS/TB/HP Ice Mag can be a big pain since it can switch on basically anything except +2 Umbrey and set up. Same goes for Zap with the same set except it can't really switch into your Zap. You're also going to get torn apart by Entei, no matter how uncommon, especially if it leads.

I don't really see Gengar doing that much. I'd suggest ST Snorlax over it to wall up Special attacks in general. EQ works nice with Pursuit Gross. Also handles status, so something like a leading Hypnosis Gengar can't screw something over. You might not wreck Pert as much anymore, but what good player would keep Pert in on Gar until he's scouted out its moveset anyway. However, if you want to capitalize on Dug taking out Bliss, you can use Regice, but that would only enlarge the gaping Entei weak.

real fast I think you should attempt to try Protect/Substitute on Zapdos over hidden power ice, it can:
1) wear out Steelix/Swampert Roarers with Pressure
2) protect you from explosioners
3) may win you a free Agility against predicting CBers, etc.

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Although Umbreon has good SpD it isn't great at walling. Sub/MS/TB/HP Ice Mag can be a big pain since it can switch on basically anything except +2 Umbrey and set up. Same goes for Zap with the same set except it can't really switch into your Zap. You're also going to get torn apart by Entei, no matter how uncommon, especially if it leads.

I don't really see Gengar doing that much. I'd suggest ST Snorlax over it to wall up Special attacks in general. EQ works nice with Pursuit Gross. Also handles status, so something like a leading Hypnosis Gengar can't screw something over. You might not wreck Pert as much anymore, but what good player would keep Pert in on Gar until he's scouted out its moveset anyway. However, if you want to capitalize on Dug taking out Bliss, you can use Regice, but that would only enlarge the gaping Entei weak.
i think you missed a pokemon on his team: dugtrio.
he can easily play around a sub ms magneton and finish it off with dugtrio. not to speak of the fact ms sub magneton sucks ass and isnt used much.
entei doesnt even come close to wrecking this team. if it is a cb version, gengar, celebi and even metagross stop it. if its a mixed version without cb, umbreon can set up with no problems at all. same if its cb. even his celebi can easily stop entei, it gets seeded and songed. and then MAYBE if entei managed to kill something, theres...dugtrio. well yeah.

also i didnt read the second part of your rate because the first paragraph was kinda lol

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i think that gar can survive a danced hp flying with that hp and def
i'm not sure and too lazy to calculate but i know i used to use one that could take it. either way, mence looks like a treat of some sorts but zapdos does its job i guess. although someone that knows what he's doing will wear down zapdos fast enough and gap a sweep i suppose. but it'll do if you reflect as much as possible and start wishing zapdos as soon as you see ddmence come into play. hp ice can also cause for a surprise when salamence sees his chance to sweep and tries to eat a thunderbolt i guess.... but yeah ddmence is a son of a bitch for this team but its not a gaping weak from what i see here.

edit: god i miss advance, lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)