ARENA MELEE! SPECTATORS WANTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
"WWWWWWWWWELCOME TRAINERS AND BATTLE ENTHUSIASTS TO THE FIRST TEST OF THE POKEMON ARENA!
Today's battle will be a simple four-player Free-For-All, but with one crucial difference...
YOU!
You will notice a couple of vendors walking up and down the stands. Take what they're giving you - Hahaha, don't worry, there's no charge - and pelt it at whatever Pokemon you feel deserves it!
Speaking of which let's meet our our competitors!
In the Red Corner we have the notorious Rock-Type Pokemon Trainer with his chosen Pokemon, Siege the Bossosaurus Groundicus! Erm... That doesn't sound right... what on earth is a... mhmm... ok... oh I see...Sorry for the confusion folks! That's Siege the Rhyperior! Thank the Arena Research Crew for digging up that obscure tidbit!"

Rhyperior [Siege] (Male)
Nature: Sassy (+ Sp.Def, -Speed)

Type:
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
Rock: Rock STAB; reduce damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 34 (40/1.15) (+10% accuracy on foe's moves)
Size Class: 5
Weight Class: 7
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 9/9
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Abilities:
Solid Rock: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is extremely solid and durable, and the Base Attack Power of incoming super-effective attacks is reduced by two (2).
LightningRod: (Innate) These Pokemon naturally attract electricity to themselves and away from partners in double battles. When struck with an Electric attack, they tranfer the energy into their body, using it to increase their Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Reckless (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has an innately aggressive nature that lets it use all-out attacks with recoil more effectively. Recoil attacks from this Pokemon have two (2) more Base Attack Power, and recoil percentage is unaffected.

Attacks (36):
Poison Jab
Horn Attack
Stomp
Tail Whip
Fury Attack
Scary Face
Rock Blast
Earthquake
Drill Run
Stone Edge
Megahorn
Take Down
Hammer Arm
Bulldoze
Horn Drill
Rock Wrecker
Chip Away

Counter
Skull Bash
Reversal
Bide
Sleep Talk
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Mimic
Endure
Endeavor

Double Team
Sandstorm
Roar
Protect
Facade
Blizzard
Rest
Giga Impact
Focus Punch
Brick Break
Surf
Smack Down
Rock Slide
Avalanche
Aqua Tail
Dragon Tail

"Next up, in the Blue Corner, eager to prove himself after a recent failure in the infamous Timeless Tower comes Gerard! His Weapon of Choice today is Vogue the Starmie, who the Reserach Crew tells me is a fearsome opponent even in the body of a Magikarp. Don't Ask."
Starmie (Vogue) {O}

Nature: Timid (+15% Speed, +20% Acc, -1 Atk)
Type
: Water / Psychic

• Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference.

• Water Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:

• Illuminate: (Can be Activated)
When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intense light that blinds opponents, reducing their Accuracy stage by one (1). The accuracy drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Illuminate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.
  • Natural Cure: (Innate)
This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.
  • Analytic: (Innate)
If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.
Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: 2 (-)
Def:
SpA: 4
SpD: 3
Spe: 133
(115*1.15)
SC: 2
WC: 4
BST: 19

EC: 6/6
MC: 4

Attacks:

Tackle
Harden
Water Gun
Rapid Spin
Recover
Camouflage
Swift

Light Screen
Minimize
Hydro Pump
Confuse Ray

Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Substitute
Grass Knot
Signal Beam
Protect
Reflect
Thunder
Blizzard
Brine
Scald
Zap Cannon
Thunder Wave
Double Team
Thunder Wave
Skill Swap
Hidden Power Fire (7)
Rain Dance

Endure
Teleport
Dive

Aurora Beam
Barrier
Supersonic

Pain Split
Bide

"Our third competitor has only recently won another melee elsewhere, so other trainers beware! As for the audience, please give a warm welcome to Orcinus Duo and his notorious Snorlax, Nommy!"

Nommy (Snorlax) (F)
Nature: Quiet (+1 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Thick Fat:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire- and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)

Immunity:
This Pokemon’s body has an immensely strong immune response to venom and does not take poison damage when Poisoned. Toxic Poisoning will not do damage; however, it will continue to grow more severe.

Gluttony (Dream World UNLOCKED):
This Pokemon devours healing and stat increasing berries at 50% health (flat) instead of 25% health (flat).

Stats:
HP: 125
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 25 (-)
Evasion: -10%
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 9
Base Rank Total: 22

EC: 6/6

Attacks:
Metronome
Odor Sleuth
Tackle
Defence Curl
Amnesia
Belly Drum
Yawn
Lick
Recycle
Screech
Chip Away

Counter
Double Edge
Substitute

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Toxic
Body Slam
Outrage
Focus Punch
Stockpile
Rollout
Whirlpool
Heavy Slam
Crunch
Surf
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Zen Headbutt
Psychic
Snatch
Brick Break
Ice Beam
Endure
Shadow Ball
Fire Punch
Focus Blast
Protect

"Last but not least, in the Yellow corner, we have TheWolfe! As far as I know he's had no notable successes recently (especially not any in which I was in fact beaten by him), but he and Serenity the Togekiss are certainly not a team to underestimate!"

Serenity - Togekiss (F)
Nature: Bold (Adds 1 to Defense; Subtracts 1 from Attack)
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.
KOs: 4
Original Trainer: rickheg

Abilities:
Hustle: (Can Be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.
Serene Grace: (Innate) This Pokemon has a blessing which doubles the success chance of its attack’s secondary effects. (eg paralysis from Thunderbolt)
Super Luck: (Dream World; Innate) This Pokemon’s natural skill increases its critical hit levels one stage above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 25% of the time.

Stats:
Togekiss
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 1
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 5
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 80
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 9/9

Attacks:
-Air Slash
-AncientPower
-Aura Sphere
-Bestow
-Charm
-Encore
-Extrasensory
-Extremespeed
-Flamethrower
-Follow Me
-Grass Knot
-Growl
-Hyper Beam
-Light Screen
-Metronome
-Morning Sun
-Nasty Plot
-Psycho Shift
-Reflect
-Shadow Ball
-Sky Attack
-Sunny Day
-Sweet Kiss
-Thunder Wave
-Toxic
-Tri Attack
-Yawn

Total Moves: 27

"And that's it folks! Four fearsome competitors, but who will regin victorious? Only one way to find out, and that's to keep watching...
POKEMON ARENA!!!"

Rules:
1v1v1v1 Melee
1 Day DQ
Unlimited Recoveries/Chills
Items=On
All Abilties

Arena: Functions imilarly to the ASB Arena, except with spectator participation.
In between rounds, spectators (assumed to part of the crowd) may choose to throw items at Pokemon in the ring. Each spectator may throw one of the following per round:
Rock: Deals 5 Damage
Berry: Restores 5 HP
Treat: Restores 5 EN
This is done while players are sending their actions to the ref (me).
edit: To be clear, spectators can only throw one item per round, so one Rock OR one Berry OR one treat. Not one of each or one at each payer.

Ok everyone, remember this is an Item battle, so everyone post what items they'll be using (or PM it to me if you think it'll matter)(I probably should have made you send in items with your mon, but oh well...). Once that's sorted, You'll PM your actions to me.
edit: Melees have 2 actions per round

Audience members can start throwing things immediately.

Siege needs to lose weight. To do so, he will wear this waist-trimming Focus Sash, as well as feast on a healthy diet of Starmies and normal-types.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Nommy gives KS a big hug.

All right, Nommy. We're just off from winning our second melee with 4 KOs, but let's not get cocky. This is hard competition, and we will need all of our cunning and strength to get to the end.

Take this
Life Orb, Nommy. Time to kick ass!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
okay, so far four spectators have posted and jack shit has happened. That's not cool. Fair fights are never cool. As such, one of you guys is gonna get as much assistance as I can give. However, in the interest of fairness, random.org will decide who...

a 2. Vogue gets my help, but he needs none. So, instead I shall throw a rock at one of his opponents to make his life easier...

rock at nommy

Well, not that you need it a lot Vogue, but your Expert Belt will help us here (and you know you look fabulous with it)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
TheWolfe & Leethoof feel neglected with all the items being thrown at Orcinus & Gerard, so...

Throw Treat at Serenity

Hey guys, just so you know, Melees are only 2 actions per round! Sorry for not stating that...
It seems I need to be more clear and cover all of my bases...

Quick question - when do the effects of the thrown items apply? Is it before the Pokemon execute their commands or right before the round ends? I'm presuming the latter.

Quick question - when do the effects of the thrown items apply? Is it before the Pokemon execute their commands or right before the round ends? I'm presuming the latter.
Yes it is after the attacks take place.

This test has barely begun and I've already learnt some crucial lessons in clarity...

Christ I didn't even specify a sub limit :/

I'm saying two subs, which shouldnt be a problem since most of you have defaulted to that anyway.

So many errors on my part... sorry guys, hopefully it'll be smooth sailing after round 1.

ROUND 1

your ability description for Illuminate is outdated. outdated:
"When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intense light that blinds all opponents, reducing their Accuracy stage by one (1). The accuracy drop will last six (6) actions after the Pokemon is released."

"Whew! We've had a few organisational mishaps (blame the tech team) but now everything's in order ready for the start of the battle! You can feel the anticipation of the audience already, singing a long to the music, and with a bright flash from Starmie the CROWD GOES WILD!
Looks like Starmie's taking the initiative here folks, it's not wasting any time at all to pummel Rhyperior with a huge torrent of water! Man that's gonna hurt in the morning!
Oddly Siege seems to have other things on his mind. Is that a sandstorm he's stirring up? Oh well, it seems he's somehow convinced Togekiss and Snorlax to gang up on Vogue for him! Oh man that starfish is taking some hits now, I think that Grass Knot looked critical! Just as well he didn't muck around right?
Speaking of which, he now seems even more determined to lay siege to Siege, blasting him yet again. Oh but he's fighting back this time! Wait... Nevermind, Rhyperior has missed completely! Luckily his makeshift allies are keeping up the assault, beating Vogue to near unconciousness!
The crowd is getting relly riled up now; it seems they've taken a liking to Rhyperior and bestowed him with gifts! There's a lot of rocks flying about to (maybe the music is to blame?) but it seems some kinder spectators are ballancing it out with a delicious barrage of berries! How boring..."

Pre-Round
Starmie Illuminate
Vs Snorlax
-1 Acc
Vs Rhyperior
-1 Acc
Vs Togekiss
-1 Acc
Action 1
Starmie
Hydro Pump, 7 EN
Vs Rhyperior
To crit: (9/16 1=Yes) No
32.625 Damage
Togekiss Grass Knot, 6 EN
Vs Starmie
To hit: (21/100 <75=Yes) Yes, To crit: (2/16 <2=Yes) Yes
21 Damage
Rhyperior Sandstorm, 9 EN
Sandstorm Begins
Snorlax Crunch, 6 EN, 2 Damage (Life Orb)
Vs Starmie
To hit: (37/100 <75=Yes) Yes, To crit: (7/16 1=Yes) No, To Lower Def: (5/100 <20=Yes) Yes
18.75 Damage, -1 Def
Post Action
Togekiss
2 Damage (Sandstorm)
Snorlax
2 Damage (Sandstorm)
Starmie
2 Damage (Sandstorm)
Action 2
Starmie Hydro Pump, 11 EN
Vs Rhyperior
To crit: (5/16 1=Yes) No
28.125 Damage
Togekiss Shadow Ball, 6 EN
Vs Starmie
To hit: (69/100 <75=Yes) Yes, To crit: (4/16 <2=Yes) No, To lower SpD: (8/100 <20=Yes) Yes
16.5 Damage
Rhyperior Megahorn, 8 EN
Vs Starmie
To hit: (98/100 <64=Yes) No
Snorlax Crunch, 10 EN, 2 Damage (Life Orb)
Vs Starmie
To hit: (18/100 <75=Yes) Yes, To crit: (4/16 1=Yes) No, To Lower Def: (26/100 <40=Yes) No
20.5 Damage
Post Action
Togekiss
2 Damage (Sandstorm)
Snorlax
2 Damage (Sandstorm)
Starmie
2 Damage (Sandstorm)
Post-Round
Spectator Bombardment
Togekiss
+5 EN, -5 HP
Snorlax
+5 EN, -15 HP, +10 HP
Starmie
-5 HP, +5 HP
Rhyperior
+5 EN, +5 HP
Damage Roundup
Rhyperior
-HP: 32.625+28.125=60.75->61
+HP: 5=5
Starmie
-HP: 21+18.75+2+16.5+20.5+2+5=85.75->86
Snorlax
-HP: 2+2+15=19
+HP: 10=10
Togekiss:
-HP: 2+2+5=9

"Let's see how our competitors are holding up so far..."
NOTE: Most of the stats given here are meaningless in this battle. They will have relevance in the actual arena, but for now they are just basically trivia. I'm doing them now as part of the test, but its not a concern for anyone else.

Siege the Rhyperior

54 HP/88 EN
5/5/2/3/34 (-10% Eva)
Solid Rock/Lightningrod/Reckless
-1 Acc (Illuminate 4a)
Damage Dealt: 12
KOs: 0
Damage Taken: 61
Energy Spent: 17
Health Restored: 5
Energy Restored: 5
Actions Lasted: 2

Vogue the Starmie

9 HP/82 EN
2/3/4/3/133 (+20% Acc)
Illuminate/Natural Cure/Analytic
-1 Def, -1 SpD
Damage Dealt: 60.75
Damage Taken: 86
Energy Spent: 18
Health Restored: 5
Energy Restored: 0

Nommy the Snorlax

116 HP/89 EN
4/3/4/4/24 (+10% Eva)
Thick Fat/Immunity/Gluttony
-1 Acc (Illuminate 4a)
Damage Dealt: 39.25
Damage Taken: 19
Energy Spent: 16
Health Restored: 10

Serenity the Togekiss

91 HP/93 EN
1/4/5/4/80
Hustle/Serene Grace/Super Luck
-1 Acc (Illuminate 4a)
Damage Dealt: 37.5
Damage Taken: 9
Energy Spent: 16
Health Restored: 0

Field:
Sandstorm (Rhyperior, 3 Rounds)

"Starmie is hanging on for dear life, and Rhyperior's looking a little shabby too, despite crowd favouritism! Looks like the normal types will rule the day, but which one? Or will one of the others manage to turn things around?
Keep watching to find out!"

Ok everyone, send your actions. Hopefully there are no glaring errors in the reffing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)