1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Arghonaut Analysis

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by tennisace, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbc

sbc

I think that Brick Break shouldn't be an option on the recover tank. What does it hit? A reliable OHKO on Tyranitar is nice, but it can't do jack to you and nor does it hit bulky waters hard enough. Waterfall/Stone Edge coverage is enough and isn't really enhanced by Brick Break.

Mach Punch, Revenge and Roar should be the options for that slot. Mach Punch allows you to stop Stratagem as well as basically doing the same job against DDtar (you take one hit in any scenario where it DDs on the switch, regardless of move). Revenge should be the "power" attack and Roar just helps with random stuff like Gyara and Mence and scouts in general.
  2. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Contributor to Smogon Social Mediais a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

Bumpity Bump. Much thanks to Beej for writing the rest of the sets. This is done and ready to be checked!
  3. Goodbar

Goodbar

Did what I could
  4. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Contributor to Smogon Social Mediais a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

No offense, but a lot of your changes are wrong. ThunderPunch is the correct spelling for one, and Toxi-stall is a legit abbreviation.

As for the Swagger set, I have tested it extensively, Caelum and I can attest to the fact that it does work.
  5. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Contributor to Smogon Social Mediais a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

You're both wrong. It's written as ThunderPunch.
  6. Goodbar

Goodbar

My bad, I looked on serebii and it's Thunderpunch actually, and wasn't aware of toxi-stall, but you did forget the dash
    edit: or is serebii wrong ?_?
  7. tennisace

tennisace
    Twitter Head

Serebii is wrong, Jibaku checked in-game a while back.
  8. Naxte

Naxte

9. Great Sage

Great Sage

Tennis asked for someone to grammar check this. Corrections in bold, comments underlined.

10. tennisace

tennisace
    Twitter Head

updated, thanks GS.

edit: hi5 darkie
  11. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Contributor to Smogon Social Mediais a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

and pasted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)