Armaldo Discussion

HP: 75
Attack: 125
Defense: 100
Special Attack:70
Special Defense:80
Speed: 45

Here he is the one and only Plate Pokemon. Armaldo is such a cool pokemon I think. Great Attack and good Defense can make him a notable threat in RU. He also has access to Stealth Rocks and Rapid Spin!​

So what do you think of Armaldo and its place in RU?

Here is a Moveset

Armaldo@ LeftoversImpish
Swift Swim
252 HP/ 204 Defense/ 52 Attack

-Stealth Rocks
-Rapid Spin
- X-Scissors/ Knock Off/
- Stone Edge/ Rock Slide

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Armaldo@ Leftovers
Bold/ Impish
Swift Swim
252 HP/ 204 Defense/ 52 Attack
-Stealth Rocks
-Rapid Spin
- X-Scissors/ Knock Off/
- Stone Edge/ Rock Slide
Why the hell would you ever use a - Atk nature for something so physically oriented?

I've very successfully ran Armaldo, and here's my thoughts.

Offensive or Devensive, take your pick. Spinning and other support are all things he can do, but he shouldn't try to jam sr/rs/knock off all into one set, it's just inconsistant. What you want to do IMO is give him some support options like spinning or setting, and make him defensive physically to ensure that. Then give him a good all purpose coverage move to hit pokemon back with on his high unboosted attack so he isn't ran over by taunt. If you want to go offensive (I've not experimented with these yet), SWSW in damp rock rain could be a powerful sweeper, knocking through flyers like yanmega, moltres, honchkrow with his rock stab, and cresselia with bug stab. Alternatively if you can pull it off, rock polish could be a sweeper set too.

I don't think Armaldo would really be that good as a swift swimmer. He only has Base speed 45 and even doubled he is not very fast. Things can still out speed him.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I don't think Armaldo would really be that good as a swift swimmer. He only has Base speed 45 and even doubled he is not very fast. Things can still out speed him.
Just as a comparison (in this case armaldo and kabutops), armaldo is actually better defensively than kabutops. Armaldo only has three weaknesses, but kabutops has four. Armaldo also doesn't have a 4x weakness to anything.

I used a specially defensive curse set with EdgeQuake and X-Scissor @Leftovers.

He's hard to set up, but once he gets going, he really does his work.

To show his defensive prowess, he takes like 30-40% from most random special attacks and even scared out a Mummy Slaking once, then defeated a Ferroseed survived an Omastar's Surf (took 55%) and a Flareon's Lava Plume!
Of course he will be outsped by everything, but this set is quite good with cleric support.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You know ive never used armaldo, but he seems somewhat interesting in ru, as bluemon said swift swim would be pretty interesting on a rain team to counter grass types.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)