Doubles Aromatisse

QC Checks: Lolk, Audiosurfer, BLOOD TOTEM
GP Checks: Electrolyte, horyzhnz

Overview
########

Aromatisse is one of the more reliable Trick Room setters in Doubles for a number of reasons. The first is its great ability, Aroma Veil, which provides itself and its teammates with an immunity to Taunt, a common way of stopping Trick Room. In combination with Safety Goggles and its good bulk, this makes it very hard to prevent Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room. Secondly, its defensive typing gives it helpful resistances to Dark- and Fighting-type attacks as well as very few weaknesses, making it even harder to stop. Aromatisse's low Speed helps it a lot because it allows it to be quite fast under Trick Room. Finally, its access to helpful support moves such as Heal Pulse, Reflect, and Light Screen means that it's quite capable of supporting its team.

However, there are a good amount of flaws that come with Aromatisse. The first is its low offensive presence, making it dead weight after it has set up Trick Room. Its bulk, while good, isn't the greatest, and it can easily be overpowered by powerful attackers. It also doesn't have access to a reliable recovery move, meaning that it can find itself fainting quite early. Even with these flaws, Aromatisse still cements itself as one of the best Trick Room leads due to its ability to almost guarantee that Trick Room goes up.

Trick Room
########
name: Trick Room
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Moonblast
move 3: Heal Pulse / Light Screen / Reflect
move 4: Protect
ability: Aroma Veil / Healer
item: Safety Goggle / Sitrus Berry
evs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe
nature: Relaxed

Moves
======

Trick Room is the focus of this set, as Aromatisse's helpful ability, typing, and stats make it one of the most reliable setters in the tier. Moonblast is a reliable STAB move, and is preferred over Dazzling Gleam due to how weak Dazzling Gleam is coming from Aromatisse. Heal Pulse is great for healing teammates without reliable recovery, such as Heatran, Conkeldurr, and Escavalier, that tend to find themselves getting worn down easily. If Heal Pulse is not being used, Reflect or Light Screen can be used in the third slot. The choice is up to the user to decide what their team needs more, with each boosting the team's Defense or Special Defense, respectively. Protect is an extremely important move, as it scouts for Fake Out, punishes double targeting, and also adds to Aromatisse's longevity.

Set Details
=========

Aroma Veil is the preferred ability, as it makes Aromatisse immune to one of the most common anti-Trick Room tactics, Taunt. Aroma Veil also protects its teammates from Taunt, meaning that even if it cannot get Trick Room up, there is a good chance that its teammates will be able to. Healer is also a viable option, as most opponents will not Taunt Aromatisse in the first place due to it possibly having Aroma Veil, and it can be helpful for removing burn from the likes of Mega Mawile and Escavalier. Do note, however, that once Healer has been revealed, your opponent will have an easy time stopping Aromatisse with Taunt. Safety Goggles is the preferred item to beat sleep, another common anti-Trick Room tactic. Sitrus Berry can be helpful, however, to keep Aromatisse in the match for longer, though it does make it more vulnerable to Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Venusaur. The EV spread with a Relaxed nature allows Aromatisse to survive Life Orb Bisharp's Iron Head, helping ensure that Trick Room is set up. A Relaxed nature and 0 Speed IVs further increases its Speed to speed it up in Trick Room, allowing it to move before Pokemon like Amoonguss when Trick Room is in effect.

Usage Tips
==========

Aromatisse usually functions best as a Trick Room lead due to its ability to almost guarantee that Trick Room goes up. It does not have to lead, however, and can set up Trick Room later in the game if need be. If led with, Aromatisse can also set up dual screens while its partner sets up Trick Room under the protection of Aroma Veil. If a possible Fake Out user is on the opponent's side of the field, Protect should be used in order to avoid it. It's also best to try to set up Trick Room as soon as possible in order to assist teammates immediately. If Sitrus Berry is used as the item, make sure to be careful of possible sleep inducers, and if Healer is used, make sure to be careful of potential Taunt users. Aromatisse is a Pokemon that should be played very actively, switching in and out to replenish Trick Room and dual screens.

Team Options
============

Slow Pokemon such as Heatran, Aegislash, Conkeldurr, Mega Mawile, Azumarill, Escavalier, and Mega Abomasnow make good partners as they can use Trick Room to its fullest extent. Heatran and Conkeldurr can also defeat Steel-types with their super effective STAB moves, making them even more helpful. Other Trick Room setters such as Cresselia, Reuniclus, Jellicent, Slowking, and Dusclops are also good partners for this set, as they can set up Trick Room after Aromatisse has fainted, and also appreciate Aroma Veil support. Fake Out support from the likes of Hitmontop and Scrafty is helpful, as it can neuter a Pokemon that could possibly KO Aromatisse. Rage Powder and Follow Me support from Amoonguss or Jirachi fall in a similar boat as they draw attacks away from Aromatisse, allowing it to set up Trick Room with greater ease. Lastly, Steel-type Pokemon like Heatran, Aegislash, Ferrothorn, and Escavalier make good partners, as they can easily absorb the Steel- and Poison-type attacks that trouble Aromatisse, while Aromatisse can take the Fighting-type attacks they hate.

Other Options
############

Dazzling Gleam is an option to hit both opponents, though it's laughably weak being a spread move and coming off of Aromatisse's low Special Attack. Wish in combination with Protect can be used for healing, though it takes up a support moveslot, forces Aromatisse to Protect after it uses Wish, and isn't the most reliable move in general. Another form of healing can be found in ChestoRest, though it only works once, and forces Aromatisse to give up Safety Goggles or Sitrus Berry. Light Clay can extend the duration of Light Screen and Reflect, though Aromatisse once again must give up Safety Goggles or Sitrus Berry in order to use it. Misty Terrain is an interesting option, as it prevents status moves and weakens the power of Dragon-type moves. Aromatherapy is another option that heals status. Rain Dance or Sunny Day can be used for weather teams, though Cresselia usually performs this role better due to its higher bulk and Speed. Draining Kiss can recover HP, though it's extremely weak and doesn't recover very much. Calm Mind can be used for boosting, though Sylveon almost always performs this role better. An offensive Life Orb or Choice Specs set can be used to catch the opponent off guard, but once again, Sylveon is usually the better option for this role.

Checks & Counters
##############

**Offensive Type Advantage**: Offensive pressure is easily the best way to stop Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room. Pokemon such as Aegislash, Amoonguss, Mega Mawile, Escavalier, and Mega Scizor do very well in Trick Room and can do a lot of damage to Aromatisse. Heatran can set up a Substitute on Aromatisse with ease, while Choice Band Bisharp can OHKO with Iron Head. Jirachi can reverse Trick Room, use Follow Me to redirect Moonblast, and hit Aromatisse with a STAB Iron Head. Mega Gengar traps Aromatisse and hits it with Sludge Bomb, while other Pokemon such as Genesect, Venusaur, and Metagross, can threaten Aromatisse with a powerful Iron Head, Sludge Bomb, or Meteor Mash, respectively. Overall, anything with good power, recovery, and a neutral typing will usually beat Aromatisse 1v1.

**Utility Moves**: If Aromatisse is not running Safety Goggles, sleep-inducing moves from the likes of Amoonguss, Breloom, and Venusaur can stop Aromatisse quite easily. Fake Out can also stop Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room as well as stall Trick Room turns, with notable users being Mega Kangaskhan, Hitmontop, Scrafty, and Ludicolo. Opposing Trick Room users such as Cresselia can reverse Trick Room in a single turn.

Last edited:
Ok, I think I'm ready for QC Checks. Some things I'm wondering...
  • Better EV spreads, I know they're out there :I
  • Is Sitrus Berry worth a slash?
  • Is Misty Terrain slash/Set Details-worthy?

Last edited:
  • Consider using 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpA with a Quiet nature. The spread achieves the ability to live Mega Mawile's Iron Head after an Intimidate, while the rest goes into special attack to boost the power of Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast (why isn't Moonblast slashed, by the way?)
  • Yes.
  • I think so at least for Set Details, prevention against status not named confusion & a cushion against dragon-type attacks for your grounded Pokemon are good things to have.

Overview:
  • The first bullet is fluffy and kinda too subjective for a strategic analysis. I would remove it imo.
  • I would add to the defensive typing that Aromatisse is one of the few Trick Room setters that is not weak to Dark- and Ghost-type attacks.
  • Aromatisse's support movepool is good, not decent (idk decent sounds mediocre to me)
  • Eh I would consider Wish to be a good recovery move, it just doesn't have the room for it in the set.
Set:
  • I think Healer is worth a slash as an ability. I would never plan on risking to Taunt Aromatisse just to check if it does have Aroma Veil, and removing a burn from a Mawile or Escavalier.
  • Moonblast>Dazzling Gleam imo. Aromatisse doesn't have the power to deal satisfactory damage with a spread attack.
  • The EV's should be 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD to survive and Adamant LO Bisharp Iron head, which is the epitome of anti-Trick Room.
Moves:
  • Emphasize that Light Screen and Reflect should be chosen on what your team needs more.
  • Protect adds longevity so Aromatisse can set up Trick Room for as long as possible.
Other Options:
  • Wish+Protect is decent and allows Aromatisse to support itself and the team. It just takes up too many moveslots and is too slow-paced for the Doubles metagame.
  • Separate Rest and say ChestoRest is doable but Aromatisse lacks the extra moveslot and would probably have to give up Protect.
  • Aromatherapy is cool.
  • Aromatic Mist seems like a nichy reverse Snarl :o
Checks & Counters:
  • Steel-types such as Escavalier and Aegislash also function outstandingly in Trick Room and Aromatisse can't touch them.
  • Choice Band Bisharp OKHOs with Iron Head.
  • SubTran can set up on Aromatisse and destroy in Trick Room.
  • Venusaur also offensively threatens Aromatisse with Sludge Bomb.
  • Amoonguss can also take advantage of Trick Room and Spore Aromatisse's partners while taking nothing from Aromatisse's attacks.
  • Poke's like Cresselia often carry Trick Room just to counter opposing Trick Room.
  • Anything with a decently strong attack, recovery, and a neutral typing will probably win 1v1 against Aromatisse.

Overview:
  • The first bullet is fluffy and kinda too subjective for a strategic analysis. I would remove it imo.
  • I would add to the defensive typing that Aromatisse is one of the few Trick Room setters that is not weak to Dark- and Ghost-type attacks.
  • Aromatisse's support movepool is good, not decent (idk decent sounds mediocre to me)
  • Eh I would consider Wish to be a good recovery move, it just doesn't have the room for it in the set.
Set:
  • I think Healer is worth a slash as an ability. I would never plan on risking to Taunt Aromatisse just to check if it does have Aroma Veil, and removing a burn from a Mawile or Escavalier.
  • Moonblast>Dazzling Gleam imo. Aromatisse doesn't have the power to deal satisfactory damage with a spread attack.
  • The EV's should be 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD to survive and Adamant LO Bisharp Iron head, which is the epitome of anti-Trick Room.
Moves:
  • Emphasize that Light Screen and Reflect should be chosen on what your team needs more.
  • Protect adds longevity so Aromatisse can set up Trick Room for as long as possible.
Other Options:
  • Wish+Protect is decent and allows Aromatisse to support itself and the team. It just takes up too many moveslots and is too slow-paced for the Doubles metagame.
  • Separate Rest and say ChestoRest is doable but Aromatisse lacks the extra moveslot and would probably have to give up Protect.
  • Aromatherapy is cool.
  • Aromatic Mist seems like a nichy reverse Snarl :o
Checks & Counters:
  • Steel-types such as Escavalier and Aegislash also function outstandingly in Trick Room and Aromatisse can't touch them.
  • Choice Band Bisharp OKHOs with Iron Head.
  • SubTran can set up on Aromatisse and destroy in Trick Room.
  • Venusaur also offensively threatens Aromatisse with Sludge Bomb.
  • Amoonguss can also take advantage of Trick Room and Spore Aromatisse's partners while taking nothing from Aromatisse's attacks.
  • Poke's like Cresselia often carry Trick Room just to counter opposing Trick Room.
  • Anything with a decently strong attack, recovery, and a neutral typing will probably win 1v1 against Aromatisse.
Cool, thanks, I'll add this when I get back, thanks a ton!

Ok, Lolk, it's all finished! Hopefully it looks better now :]

Last edited:

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
  • mention an offensive set in oo so it can take advantage of its trick room
  • mention in team options how tran can also roast opposing steels, which is a bonus
  • "Nice defensive typing that resists both Bug- and Ghost-type attacks." <--- bug isn't exactly the most relevant offensive type, replace it w/ another example please
otherwise looks fine
qc 2/3

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some suggestions:

Overview
~Mention how Aroma Veil protects partners as well, which is crucial, because Aromatisse itself doesn't even have to run TR, but it is one of the best Trick Room supporters in the metagame.

Usage Tips
~Aromatisse doesn't always have to lead with TR. It's always best to have other TR setters, so if you lead with it, you can let the teammate set TR while Aromatisse supports in some other way, like with Screens.
~Mention that Aromatisse should be played really actively. It should switch in to absorb attacks / replenish TR & Screens / heal and then switch right out- its Moonblast is weak and should only be used against weak opponents; therefore, it has less stay in ability and becomes dead weight once it is done supporting.

Team Options
~Other TR setters also enjoy the benefit of Aroma Veil.
~Please explain benefits of these teammates besides just them being slow and able to utilize TR- because the list of the Pokemon that fall into that category is way too large. For example:
- Steel-types (Heatran, Aegislash, Mega Mawile, Escavalier) help ward off opposing Steel-types and Poison-types. They have great synergy, as well (Aromattise easily sponges Fighting-type attacks) besides being generally slow, bulky, and powerful.
You mention those things but in scattered places; it would be better if you organized the information.
~I would not consider Togekiss a good FM partner for Aromatisse; attacks aimed to KO Aromatisse will almost certain KO Togekiss, so even if you manage to redirect an SE hit and set up TR, you'll lose your Togekiss in the process. The only thing it can really do is absorb Sleep, but idk if that's worth a mention

Everything else looks great. Nice work, LightningLuxray

Some suggestions:

Overview
~Mention how Aroma Veil protects partners as well, which is crucial, because Aromatisse itself doesn't even have to run TR, but it is one of the best Trick Room supporters in the metagame.

Usage Tips
~Aromatisse doesn't always have to lead with TR. It's always best to have other TR setters, so if you lead with it, you can let the teammate set TR while Aromatisse supports in some other way, like with Screens.
~Mention that Aromatisse should be played really actively. It should switch in to absorb attacks / replenish TR & Screens / heal and then switch right out- its Moonblast is weak and should only be used against weak opponents; therefore, it has less stay in ability and becomes dead weight once it is done supporting.

Team Options
~Other TR setters also enjoy the benefit of Aroma Veil.
~Please explain benefits of these teammates besides just them being slow and able to utilize TR- because the list of the Pokemon that fall into that category is way too large. For example:
- Steel-types (Heatran, Aegislash, Mega Mawile, Escavalier) help ward off opposing Steel-types and Poison-types. They have great synergy, as well (Aromattise easily sponges Fighting-type attacks) besides being generally slow, bulky, and powerful.
You mention those things but in scattered places; it would be better if you organized the information.
~I would not consider Togekiss a good FM partner for Aromatisse; attacks aimed to KO Aromatisse will almost certain KO Togekiss, so even if you manage to redirect an SE hit and set up TR, you'll lose your Togekiss in the process. The only thing it can really do is absorb Sleep, but idk if that's worth a mention

Everything else looks great. Nice work, LightningLuxray
Thanks! Everything has been implemented, though some of it was already in the analysis.

I also changed the mention of Togekiss to Jirachi, as it resists/is immune to the super effective Steel- and Poison-type moves Aromatisse hates.

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Overview
  • ''Not only that, but its low Speed...'' Drop not only that since it doesn't relate to the original point, say ''Its low speed helps because...''
Set
  • Slash Light Screen before Reflect, it's more useful since Intimidate is a thing which acts as a pseudo Reflect
Checks and Counters
  • MEGA GENGAR - Traps and destroys with Sludge Bomb
  • Jirachi takes a huge dump on Aroma, Follow Me redirects Moonblast, Iron Head dunks it, can also reverse TR on it
  • Massive setup bait for SubTran
  • Add Fake Out since it stalls out TR turns and can stop aroma doing it's job
implement all this and you're QC 3/3 =]

Overview
  • ''Not only that, but its low Speed...'' Drop not only that since it doesn't relate to the original point, say ''Its low speed helps because...''
Set
  • Slash Light Screen before Reflect, it's more useful since Intimidate is a thing which acts as a pseudo Reflect
Checks and Counters
  • MEGA GENGAR - Traps and destroys with Sludge Bomb
  • Jirachi takes a huge dump on Aroma, Follow Me redirects Moonblast, Iron Head dunks it, can also reverse TR on it
  • Massive setup bait for SubTran
  • Add Fake Out since it stalls out TR turns and can stop aroma doing it's job
implement all this and you're QC 3/3 =]
Thanks for the check, though some of it was already in the analysis :]

This is now GP ready :D

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
AMcheck
Add
Remove
Comments

Overview
########

Aromatisse is one of the more most both ways work; just "most" sounds nicer reliable Trick Room setters in Doubles for a number of reasons. The first is its great ability, Aroma Veil, which prevents itself and its teammates from being Taunted, a common way of stopping Trick Room. When in combination with Safety Goggles and its good bulk, it is very hard to prevent Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room. Secondly, its defensive typing gives it helpful resistances to Dark- and Fighting-type attacks, as well as very few weaknesses, making it even harder to stop. Its low Speed helps Aromatisse a lot because it allows for it to be quite fast under Trick Room. Finally, its access to helpful support moves such as Heal Pulse, Reflect, and Light Screen means that it's quite capable of supporting its team.
However, there are a good amount of flaws that come with Aromatisse. The first is its low offensive presence, meaning it can sometimes find itself to be a dead weight after its setting up Trick Room. Its bulk, while good, is only average "its bulk is good and average", and it can easily be overpowered by powerful attackers. It also doesn't have access to a reliable recovery move, meaning it can find itself fainting quite early. Even with these flaws, Aromatisse still cements itself as one of the best Trick Room leads due to its ability to almost guarantee that Trick Room goes up.
Trick Room
########

Moves
======

Trick Room is the focus of this set, as Aromatisse's helpful ability, typing, and stats make it one of the most reliable setters in the tier. Moonblast is a reliable STAB move, and is preferred over Dazzling Gleam due to how weak Dazzling Gleam is coming from Aromatisse. Heal Pulse is great for healing
up teammates without reliable recovery, such as Heatran, Conkeldurr, and Escavalier, who tend to find themselves getting worn down easily. If Heal Pulse is not being used, Reflect or Light Screen can be used in the third spot. The choice is up to the user to decide what their team needs more, with each boosting the teams Defensive and Defense or Special Defense, respectively. Protect is an extremely important move, as it scouts from Protect I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, punishes double targeting, and also adds to Aromatisse's longevity.
Set Details
=========

Aroma Veil is the preferred ability, as it makes Aromatisse immune to one of the mos
t common anti-Trick Room tactics in Taunt. Aroma Veil also protects its teammates from Taunt, meaning that even if it cannot get Trick Room up, there is a good chance that its teammates will be able to. Healer is an option, though, as your opponent will most likely not Taunt Aromatisse in the first place in the fear of Aroma Veil, and it can be helpful for removing burn from the likes of Mega Mawile and Escavalier. Do note, however, that once Healer has been revealed, your opponent can have an easy time stopping Aromatisse with Taunt. Safety Goggles is the preferred item to beat sleep inducers, another common anti-Trick Room tactic. Sitrus Berry can be helpful, however, to help keep Aromatisse in the match for longer, though it does make it more vulnerable to Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Venusaur. The EV spread with a Relaxed nature allows Aromatisse to survive a Life Orb Bisharp's Iron Head, helping ensure Trick Room is set up. A Relaxed nature also further lowers its Speed to speed it up in Trick Room. 0 Speed IVs are used to make it as slow as possible, allowing to outspeed move before you're not really outspeeding them Pokemon like Amoonguss under Trick Room.

Usage Tips
==========

Aromatisse usually functions best as a Trick Room lead due to its ability to
close to almost guarantee Trick Room goes up. It does not have to lead, however, and can set up Trick Room later in the game if need be. If led with, Aromatisse can also set up dual screens while its partner sets up Trick Room under the protection of Aroma Veil. If a possible Fake Out user is on the opponent's side of the field, use Protect in order to avoid it. It's also best to try to set up Trick Room as fast as possible in order to assist your teammates immediately. If Sitrus Berry is being used as the item, make sure to be careful of possible sleep inducers, and if Healer is being used, make sure to be careful of potential Taunt users. Aromatisse is a Pokemon who should be played very actively, switching in and out to replenish Trick Room and dual screens.
Team Options
============

Slow Pokemon such as Heatran, Aegislash, Conkeldurr, Mega Mawile, Azumarill, Escavalier, and Mega Abomasnow make
good partners as they can use Trick Room to its fullest extent. Heatran and Conkeldurr can also defeat Steel-types with their super effective STAB moves, making them even more helpful. Other Trick Room setters such Cresselia, Reuniclus, Jellicent, Slowking, and Dusclops are good partners for this set, as they can set up Trick Room even after Aromatisse has fainted, and also appreciate the support brought by Aroma Veil. Fake Out support from the likes of Hitmontop and Scrafty is helpful, as it can neuter a Pokemon who could possibly KO Aromatisse. Rage Powder and Follow Me support from Amoonguss or Jirachi fall in a similar boat, as they draw attacks away from Aromatisse, allowing it to set up Trick Room easier. Lastly, Steel-type Pokemon like Heatran, Aegislash, Ferrothorn, and Escavalier make good partners, as they can easily absorb the Steel- and Poison-type attacks that trouble Aromatisse, while Aromatisse can take the Fighting-type attacks they hate.
Other Options
############

Dazzling Gleam is an option to hit both opponents, though it's laughably weak
,(RC) being both a spread move and coming off Aromatisse's low Special Attack. Wish in combination with Protect can be used for healing, though it takes up a support moveslot, forces Aromatisse to Protect after it uses Wish, and isn't the most reliable in general. Another form of healing can be in Chesto Berry with ChestoRest is one word Rest, though it only works once, and forces Aromatisse to give up Safety Goggles or Sitrus Berry. Light Clay can extend the span of Light Screen and Reflect, though you once again have to give up Safety Goggle or Sitrus Berry in order to use it. Misty Terrain is an interesting option, as it prevents status moves and also weakens the power of Dragon-type moves. Aromatherapy is another option that heals status. Rain Dance or Sunny Day can be used for weather teams, though Cresselia usually performs this role better due to higher bulk and Speed. Draining Kiss can recover HP, though it's extremely weak and doesn't recover very much HP. Calm Mind can be used for boosting, though Sylveon almost always preforms this role better. An Offensive Life Orb or Choice Specs set can be used to catch the opponent off-guard, but once again, Sylveon is usually the better option for this role.
Checks & Counters
##############

**Offensive Type Advantage**: Offensive pressure is easily the best way to stop Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room. Pokemon such as Aegislash, Amoonguss, Mega Mawile, Escavalier, and Mega Scizor do very well in Trick Room and can do a lot of damage to Aromatisse. Heatran can set up a Substitute on Aromatisse with ease, while Choice Band Bisharp can OHKO with Iron Head. Jirachi can use Follow Me to re
-(remove hyphen)direct Moonblast, reverse Trick Room, and hit Aromatisse with a STAB Iron Head. Mega Gengar traps Aromatisse and hit it with Sludge Bomb,; while other Pokemon, such as Genesect, Venusaur, and Metagross, can threaten Aromatisse with a powerful Iron Head, Sludge Bomb, or Meteor Mash, respectively. Overall, though, anything with good power, recovery, and a neutral typing will usually beat Aromatisse 1v1.
**Utility Moves**: If Aromatisse is not running Safety Goggles, sleep from the likes of Amoonguss, Breloom, and Venusaur can stop Aromatisse quite easily. Fake Out can also stop Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room as well as stall Trick Room turns, with notable users being Mega Kangaskhan, Hitmontop, Scrafty, and Ludicolo. Opposing Trick Room users such as Cresselia can reverse Trick Room in a single turn.

Nice job! There were a few things that needed changing (some a bit subjective) but there was not too much to be fixed from what I saw.

Last edited:
AMcheck
Add
Remove
Comments

Overview
########

Aromatisse is one of the more most both ways work; just "most" sounds nicer reliable Trick Room setters in Doubles for a number of reasons. The first is its great ability, Aroma Veil, which prevents itself and its teammates from being Taunted, a common way of stopping Trick Room. When in combination with Safety Goggles and its good bulk, it is very hard to prevent Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room. Secondly, its defensive typing gives it helpful resistances to Dark- and Fighting-type attacks, as well as very few weaknesses, making it even harder to stop. Its low Speed helps Aromatisse a lot because it allows for it to be quite fast under Trick Room. Finally, its access to helpful support moves such as Heal Pulse, Reflect, and Light Screen means that it's quite capable of supporting its team.
However, there are a good amount of flaws that come with Aromatisse. The first is its low offensive presence, meaning it can sometimes find itself to be a dead weight after its setting up Trick Room. Its bulk, while good, is only average amazing "its bulk is good and average", and it can easily be overpowered by powerful attackers. It also doesn't have access to a reliable recovery move, meaning it can find itself fainting quite early. Even with these flaws, Aromatisse still cements itself as one of the best Trick Room leads due to its ability to almost guarantee that Trick Room goes up.
Trick Room
########

Moves
======

Trick Room is the focus of this set, as Aromatisse's helpful ability, typing, and stats make it one of the most reliable setters in the tier. Moonblast is a reliable STAB move, and is preferred over Dazzling Gleam due to how weak Dazzling Gleam is coming from Aromatisse. Heal Pulse is great for healing
up teammates without reliable recovery, such as Heatran, Conkeldurr, and Escavalier, who tend to find themselves getting worn down easily. If Heal Pulse is not being used, Reflect or Light Screen can be used in the third spot. The choice is up to the user to decide what their team needs more, with each boosting the teams Defensive and Defense or Special Defense, respectively. Protect is an extremely important move, as it scouts from Protect I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, punishes double targeting, and also adds to Aromatisse's longevity.
Set Details
=========

Aroma Veil is the preferred ability, as it makes Aromatisse immune to one of the mos
t common anti-Trick Room tactics in Taunt. Aroma Veil also protects its teammates from Taunt, meaning that even if it cannot get Trick Room up, there is a good chance that its teammates will be able to. Healer is an option, though, as your opponent will most likely not Taunt Aromatisse in the first place in the fear of Aroma Veil, and it can be helpful for removing burn from the likes of Mega Mawile and Escavalier. Do note, however, that once Healer has been revealed, your opponent can have an easy time stopping Aromatisse with Taunt. Safety Goggles is the preferred item to beat sleep inducers, another common anti-Trick Room tactic. Sitrus Berry can be helpful, however, to help keep Aromatisse in the match for longer, though it does make it more vulnerable to Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Venusaur. The EV spread with a Relaxed nature allows Aromatisse to survive a Life Orb Bisharp's Iron Head, helping ensure Trick Room is set up. A Relaxed nature also further lowers its Speed to speed it up in Trick Room. 0 Speed IVs are used to make it as slow as possible, allowing to outspeed move before you're not really outspeeding them Pokemon like Amoonguss under Trick Room.

Usage Tips
==========

Aromatisse usually functions best as a Trick Room lead due to its ability to
close to almost guarantee Trick Room goes up. It does not have to lead, however, and can set up Trick Room later in the game if need be. If led with, Aromatisse can also set up dual screens while its partner sets up Trick Room under the protection of Aroma Veil. If a possible Fake Out user is on the opponent's side of the field, use Protect in order to avoid it. It's also best to try to set up Trick Room as fast as possible in order to assist your teammates immediately. If Sitrus Berry is being used as the item, make sure to be careful of possible sleep inducers, and if Healer is being used, make sure to be careful of potential Taunt users. Aromatisse is a Pokemon who should be played very actively, switching in and out to replenish Trick Room and dual screens.
Team Options
============

Slow Pokemon such as Heatran, Aegislash, Conkeldurr, Mega Mawile, Azumarill, Escavalier, and Mega Abomasnow make
good partners as they can use Trick Room to its fullest extent. Heatran and Conkeldurr can also defeat Steel-types with their super effective STAB moves, making them even more helpful. Other Trick Room setters such Cresselia, Reuniclus, Jellicent, Slowking, and Dusclops are good partners for this set, as they can set up Trick Room even after Aromatisse has fainted, and also appreciate the support brought by Aroma Veil. Fake Out support from the likes of Hitmontop and Scrafty is helpful, as it can neuter a Pokemon who could possibly KO Aromatisse. Rage Powder and Follow Me support from Amoonguss or Jirachi fall in a similar boat, as they draw attacks away from Aromatisse, allowing it to set up Trick Room easier. Lastly, Steel-type Pokemon like Heatran, Aegislash, Ferrothorn, and Escavalier make good partners, as they can easily absorb the Steel- and Poison-type attacks that trouble Aromatisse, while Aromatisse can take the Fighting-type attacks they hate.
Other Options
############

Dazzling Gleam is an option to hit both opponents, though it's laughably weak
,(RC) being both a spread move and coming off Aromatisse's low Special Attack. Wish in combination with Protect can be used for healing, though it takes up a support moveslot, forces Aromatisse to Protect after it uses Wish, and isn't the most reliable in general. Another form of healing can be in Chesto Berry with ChestoRest is one word Rest, though it only works once, and forces Aromatisse to give up Safety Goggles or Sitrus Berry. Light Clay can extend the span of Light Screen and Reflect, though you once again have to give up Safety Goggle or Sitrus Berry in order to use it. Misty Terrain is an interesting option, as it prevents status moves and also weakens the power of Dragon-type moves. Aromatherapy is another option that heals status. Rain Dance or Sunny Day can be used for weather teams, though Cresselia usually performs this role better due to higher bulk and Speed. Draining Kiss can recover HP, though it's extremely weak and doesn't recover very much HP. Calm Mind can be used for boosting, though Sylveon almost always preforms this role better. An Offensive Life Orb or Choice Specs set can be used to catch the opponent off-guard, but once again, Sylveon is usually the better option for this role.
Checks & Counters
##############

**Offensive Type Advantage**: Offensive pressure is easily the best way to stop Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room. Pokemon such as Aegislash, Amoonguss, Mega Mawile, Escavalier, and Mega Scizor do very well in Trick Room and can do a lot of damage to Aromatisse. Heatran can set up a Substitute on Aromatisse with ease, while Choice Band Bisharp can OHKO with Iron Head. Jirachi can use Follow Me to re
-(remove hyphen)direct Moonblast, reverse Trick Room, and hit Aromatisse with a STAB Iron Head. Mega Gengar traps Aromatisse and hit it with Sludge Bomb,; while other Pokemon, such as Genesect, Venusaur, and Metagross, can threaten Aromatisse with a powerful Iron Head, Sludge Bomb, or Meteor Mash, respectively. Overall, though, anything with good power, recovery, and a neutral typing will usually beat Aromatisse 1v1.
**Utility Moves**: If Aromatisse is not running Safety Goggles, sleep from the likes of Amoonguss, Breloom, and Venusaur can stop Aromatisse quite easily. Fake Out can also stop Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room as well as stall Trick Room turns, with notable users being Mega Kangaskhan, Hitmontop, Scrafty, and Ludicolo. Opposing Trick Room users such as Cresselia can reverse Trick Room in a single turn.

Nice job! There were a few things that needed changing (some a bit subjective) but there was not too much to be fixed from what I saw.
Thank you! I'll be implementing this soon :]

Ok, this has been implemented and I'm ready for the next check :]

Last edited:

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ADD
REMOVE
Capitalization
(COMMENTS)

Overview
########

Aromatisse is one of the more reliable Trick Room setters in Doubles for a number of reasons. The first is its great ability, Aroma Veil, which prevents itself and its teammates from being Taunted provides itself and its teammates with an immunity to Taunt, a common way of stopping Trick Room. When in combination with Safety Goggles and its good bulk, this makes it is very hard to prevent Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room. Secondly, its defensive typing gives it helpful resistances to Dark- and Fighting-type attacks,(RC) as well as very few weaknesses, making it even harder to stop. Its low Speed helps Aromatisse a lot because it allows for it to be quite fast under Trick Room. Finally, its access to helpful support moves such as Heal Pulse, Reflect, and Light Screen means that it's quite capable of supporting its team.

However, there are a good amount of flaws that come with Aromatisse. The first is its low offensive presence, meaning it can sometimes find itself to be a making it dead weight after it has set up Trick Room. Its bulk, while good, isn't the greatest, and it can easily be overpowered by powerful attackers. It also doesn't have access to a reliable recovery move, meaning it can find itself fainting quite early. Even with these flaws, Aromatisse still cements itself as one of the best Trick Room leads due to its ability to almost guarantee that Trick Room goes up.

Trick Room
########

Moves
======

Trick Room is the focus of this set, as Aromatisse's helpful ability, typing, and stats make it one of the most reliable setters in the tier. Moonblast is a reliable STAB move, and is preferred over Dazzling Gleam due to how weak Dazzling Gleam is coming from Aromatisse. Heal Pulse is great for healing teammates without reliable recovery, such as Heatran, Conkeldurr, and Escavalier, who tend to find themselves getting worn down easily. If Heal Pulse is not being used, Reflect or Light Screen can be used in the third spot. The choice is up to the user to decide what their team needs more, with each boosting the team'(+Apos)s Defense or Special Defense, respectively. Protect is an extremely important move, as it scouts for Fake Out, punishes double targeting, and also adds to Aromatisse's longevity.

Set Details
=========

Aroma Veil is the preferred ability, as it makes Aromatisse immune to one of the most common anti-Trick Room tactics,(AC) in Taunt. Aroma Veil also protects its teammates from Taunt, meaning that even if it cannot get Trick Room up, there is a good chance that its teammates will be able to. Healer is an option, though, as your most opponents will most likely not Taunt Aromatisse in the first place in the fear of Aroma Veil, and it can be helpful for removing burn from the likes of Mega Mawile and Escavalier. Do note, however, that once Healer has been revealed, your opponent can have an easy time stopping Aromatisse with Taunt. Safety Goggles is the preferred item to beat sleep, another common anti-Trick Room tactic. Sitrus Berry can be helpful, however, to help keep Aromatisse in the match for longer, though it does make it more vulnerable to Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Venusaur. The EV spread with a Relaxed nature allows Aromatisse to survive a Life Orb Bisharp's Iron Head, helping ensure that Trick Room is set up. A Relaxed nature also further lowers its Speed to speed it up in Trick Room. 0 Speed IVs are used to make it as slow as possible, allowing it to move before Pokemon like Amoonguss under Trick Room.

Usage Tips
==========

Aromatisse usually functions best as a Trick Room lead due to its ability to almost guarantee that Trick Room goes up. It does not have to lead, however, and can set up Trick Room later in the game if need be. If led with, Aromatisse can also set up dual screens while its partner sets up Trick Room under the protection of Aroma Veil. If a possible Fake Out user is on the opponent's side of the field, use Protect should be used in order to avoid it. It's also best to try to set up Trick Room as fast soon as possible in order to assist your teammates immediately. If Sitrus Berry is used as the item, make sure to be careful of possible sleep inducers, and if Healer is used, make sure to be careful of potential Taunt users. Aromatisse is a Pokemon who that should be played very actively, switching in and out to replenish Trick Room and dual Screens.

Team Options
============

Slow Pokemon such as Heatran, Aegislash, Conkeldurr, Mega Mawile, Azumarill, Escavalier, and Mega Abomasnow make good partners as they can use Trick Room to its fullest extent. Heatran and Conkeldurr can also defeat Steel-types with their super effective STAB moves, making them even more helpful. Other Trick Room setters such Cresselia, Reuniclus, Jellicent, Slowking, and Dusclops are also good partners for this set, as they can set up Trick Room after Aromatisse has fainted, and also appreciate the support brought by Aroma Veil. Fake Out support from the likes of Hitmontop and Scrafty is helpful, as it can neuter a Pokemon who could possibly KO Aromatisse. Rage Powder and Follow Me support from Amoonguss or Jirachi fall in a similar boat, as they draw attacks away from Aromatisse, allowing it to set up Trick Room with greater ease easier. Lastly, Steel-type Pokemon like Heatran, Aegislash, Ferrothorn, and Escavalier make good partners, as they can easily absorb the Steel- and Poison-type attacks that trouble Aromatisse, while Aromatisse can take the Fighting-type attacks they hate.

Other Options
############

Dazzling Gleam is an option to hit both opponents, though it's laughably weak being a spread move and coming off of Aromatisse's low Special Attack. Wish,(AC) in combination with Protect,(AC) can be used for healing, though it takes up a support moveslot, forces Aromatisse to Protect after it uses Wish, and isn't the most reliable move in general. Another form of healing can be in ChestoRest, though it only works once, and forces Aromatisse to give up Safety Goggles or Sitrus Berry. Light Clay can extend the span of Light Screen and Reflect, though you Aromatisse must once again have to give up Safety Goggle or Sitrus Berry in order to use it. Misty Terrain is an interesting option, as it prevents status moves and weakens the power of Dragon-type moves. Aromatherapy is another option that heals status. Rain Dance or Sunny Day can be used for weather teams, though Cresselia usually performs this role better due to its higher bulk and Speed. Draining Kiss can recover HP, though it's extremely weak and doesn't recover very much HP. Calm Mind can be used for boosting, though Sylveon almost always prerforms this role better. An offensive Life Orb or Choice Specs set can be used to catch the opponent off-(-Hyph) guard, but once again, Sylveon is usually the better option for this role.

Checks & Counters
##############

**Offensive Type Advantage**: Offensive pressure is easily the best way to stop Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room. Pokemon such as Aegislash, Amoonguss, Mega Mawile, Escavalier, and Mega Scizor do very well in Trick Room and can do a lot of damage to Aromatisse. Heatran can set up a Substitute on Aromatisse with ease, while Choice Band Bisharp can OHKO with Iron Head. (is Choice Band Bisharp a thing o.o) Jirachi can use Follow Me to redirect Moonblast, reverse Trick Room, use Follow Me to redirect Moonblast, and hit Aromatisse with a STAB Iron Head. Mega Gengar traps Aromatisse and hits it with Sludge Bomb, while other Pokemon, such as Genesect, Venusaur, and Metagross, can threaten Aromatisse with a powerful Iron Head, Sludge Bomb, or Meteor Mash, respectively. Overall, though, anything with good power, recovery, and a neutral typing will usually beat Aromatisse 1v1.

Good job, LightningLuxray :)

GP 1/2

Last edited:
ADD
REMOVE
Capitalization
(COMMENTS)

Overview
########

Aromatisse is one of the more reliable Trick Room setters in Doubles for a number of reasons. The first is its great ability, Aroma Veil, which prevents itself and its teammates from being Taunted provides itself and its teammates with an immunity to Taunt, a common way of stopping Trick Room. When in combination with Safety Goggles and its good bulk, this makes it is very hard to prevent Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room. Secondly, its defensive typing gives it helpful resistances to Dark- and Fighting-type attacks,(RC) as well as very few weaknesses, making it even harder to stop. Its low Speed helps Aromatisse a lot because it allows for it to be quite fast under Trick Room. Finally, its access to helpful support moves such as Heal Pulse, Reflect, and Light Screen means that it's quite capable of supporting its team.

However, there are a good amount of flaws that come with Aromatisse. The first is its low offensive presence, meaning it can sometimes find itself to be a making it dead weight after it has set up Trick Room. Its bulk, while good, isn't the greatest, and it can easily be overpowered by powerful attackers. It also doesn't have access to a reliable recovery move, meaning it can find itself fainting quite early. Even with these flaws, Aromatisse still cements itself as one of the best Trick Room leads due to its ability to almost guarantee that Trick Room goes up.

Trick Room
########

Moves
======

Trick Room is the focus of this set, as Aromatisse's helpful ability, typing, and stats make it one of the most reliable setters in the tier. Moonblast is a reliable STAB move, and is preferred over Dazzling Gleam due to how weak Dazzling Gleam is coming from Aromatisse. Heal Pulse is great for healing teammates without reliable recovery, such as Heatran, Conkeldurr, and Escavalier, who tend to find themselves getting worn down easily. If Heal Pulse is not being used, Reflect or Light Screen can be used in the third spot. The choice is up to the user to decide what their team needs more, with each boosting the team'(+Apos)s Defense or Special Defense, respectively. Protect is an extremely important move, as it scouts for Fake Out, punishes double targeting, and also adds to Aromatisse's longevity.

Set Details
=========

Aroma Veil is the preferred ability, as it makes Aromatisse immune to one of the most common anti-Trick Room tactics,(AC) in Taunt. Aroma Veil also protects its teammates from Taunt, meaning that even if it cannot get Trick Room up, there is a good chance that its teammates will be able to. Healer is an option, though, as your most opponents will most likely not Taunt Aromatisse in the first place in the fear of Aroma Veil, and it can be helpful for removing burn from the likes of Mega Mawile and Escavalier. Do note, however, that once Healer has been revealed, your opponent can have an easy time stopping Aromatisse with Taunt. Safety Goggles is the preferred item to beat sleep, another common anti-Trick Room tactic. Sitrus Berry can be helpful, however, to help keep Aromatisse in the match for longer, though it does make it more vulnerable to Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Venusaur. The EV spread with a Relaxed nature allows Aromatisse to survive a Life Orb Bisharp's Iron Head, helping ensure that Trick Room is set up. A Relaxed nature also further lowers its Speed to speed it up in Trick Room. 0 Speed IVs are used to make it as slow as possible, allowing it to move before Pokemon like Amoonguss under Trick Room.

Usage Tips
==========

Aromatisse usually functions best as a Trick Room lead due to its ability to almost guarantee that Trick Room goes up. It does not have to lead, however, and can set up Trick Room later in the game if need be. If led with, Aromatisse can also set up dual screens while its partner sets up Trick Room under the protection of Aroma Veil. If a possible Fake Out user is on the opponent's side of the field, use Protect should be used in order to avoid it. It's also best to try to set up Trick Room as fast soon as possible in order to assist your teammates immediately. If Sitrus Berry is used as the item, make sure to be careful of possible sleep inducers, and if Healer is used, make sure to be careful of potential Taunt users. Aromatisse is a Pokemon who that should be played very actively, switching in and out to replenish Trick Room and dual Screens.

Team Options
============

Slow Pokemon such as Heatran, Aegislash, Conkeldurr, Mega Mawile, Azumarill, Escavalier, and Mega Abomasnow make good partners as they can use Trick Room to its fullest extent. Heatran and Conkeldurr can also defeat Steel-types with their super effective STAB moves, making them even more helpful. Other Trick Room setters such Cresselia, Reuniclus, Jellicent, Slowking, and Dusclops are also good partners for this set, as they can set up Trick Room after Aromatisse has fainted, and also appreciate the support brought by Aroma Veil. Fake Out support from the likes of Hitmontop and Scrafty is helpful, as it can neuter a Pokemon who could possibly KO Aromatisse. Rage Powder and Follow Me support from Amoonguss or Jirachi fall in a similar boat, as they draw attacks away from Aromatisse, allowing it to set up Trick Room with greater ease easier. Lastly, Steel-type Pokemon like Heatran, Aegislash, Ferrothorn, and Escavalier make good partners, as they can easily absorb the Steel- and Poison-type attacks that trouble Aromatisse, while Aromatisse can take the Fighting-type attacks they hate.

Other Options
############

Dazzling Gleam is an option to hit both opponents, though it's laughably weak being a spread move and coming off of Aromatisse's low Special Attack. Wish,(AC) in combination with Protect,(AC) can be used for healing, though it takes up a support moveslot, forces Aromatisse to Protect after it uses Wish, and isn't the most reliable move in general. Another form of healing can be in ChestoRest, though it only works once, and forces Aromatisse to give up Safety Goggles or Sitrus Berry. Light Clay can extend the span of Light Screen and Reflect, though you Aromatisse must once again have to give up Safety Goggle or Sitrus Berry in order to use it. Misty Terrain is an interesting option, as it prevents status moves and weakens the power of Dragon-type moves. Aromatherapy is another option that heals status. Rain Dance or Sunny Day can be used for weather teams, though Cresselia usually performs this role better due to its higher bulk and Speed. Draining Kiss can recover HP, though it's extremely weak and doesn't recover very much HP. Calm Mind can be used for boosting, though Sylveon almost always prerforms this role better. An offensive Life Orb or Choice Specs set can be used to catch the opponent off-(-Hyph) guard, but once again, Sylveon is usually the better option for this role.

Checks & Counters
##############

**Offensive Type Advantage**: Offensive pressure is easily the best way to stop Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room. Pokemon such as Aegislash, Amoonguss, Mega Mawile, Escavalier, and Mega Scizor do very well in Trick Room and can do a lot of damage to Aromatisse. Heatran can set up a Substitute on Aromatisse with ease, while Choice Band Bisharp can OHKO with Iron Head. (is Choice Band Bisharp a thing o.o) Jirachi can use Follow Me to redirect Moonblast, reverse Trick Room, use Follow Me to redirect Moonblast, and hit Aromatisse with a STAB Iron Head. Mega Gengar traps Aromatisse and hits it with Sludge Bomb, while other Pokemon, such as Genesect, Venusaur, and Metagross, can threaten Aromatisse with a powerful Iron Head, Sludge Bomb, or Meteor Mash, respectively. Overall, though, anything with good power, recovery, and a neutral typing will usually beat Aromatisse 1v1.

Good job, LightningLuxray :)

GP 1/2

Ok, all implemented and thanks so much ^.^

Ready for GP Check #2 :]

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LightningLuxray
add or change
remove

comments
Overview
########

Aromatisse is one of the more reliable Trick Room setters in Doubles for a number of reasons. The first is its great ability, Aroma Veil, which provides itself and its teammates with an immunity to Taunt, a common way of stopping Trick Room. When In combination with Safety Goggles and its good bulk, this makes it very hard to prevent Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room. Secondly, its defensive typing gives it helpful resistances to Dark- and Fighting-type attacks as well as very few weaknesses, making it even harder to stop. Its Aromatisse's low Speed helps Aromatisse it a lot because it allows for it to be quite fast under Trick Room. Finally, its access to helpful support moves such as Heal Pulse, Reflect, and Light Screen means that it's quite capable of supporting its team.

However, there are a good amount of flaws that come with Aromatisse. The first is its low offensive presence, making it dead weight after it has set up Trick Room. Its bulk, while good, isn't the greatest, and it can easily be overpowered by powerful attackers. It also doesn't have access to a reliable recovery move, meaning that it can find itself fainting quite early. Even with these flaws, Aromatisse still cements itself as one of the best Trick Room leads due to its ability to almost guarantee that Trick Room goes up.

Trick Room
########

Moves
======

Trick Room is the focus of this set, as Aromatisse's helpful ability, typing, and stats make it one of the most reliable setters in the tier. Moonblast is a reliable STAB move, and is preferred over Dazzling Gleam due to how weak Dazzling Gleam is coming from Aromatisse. Heal Pulse is great for healing teammates without reliable recovery, such as Heatran, Conkeldurr, and Escavalier, who that tend to find themselves getting worn down easily. If Heal Pulse is not being used, Reflect or Light Screen can be used in the third spot slot. The choice is up to the user to decide what their team needs more, with each boosting the team's Defense or Special Defense, respectively. Protect is an extremely important move, as it scouts for Fake Out, punishes double targeting, and also adds to Aromatisse's longevity.

Set Details
=========

Aroma Veil is the preferred ability, as it makes Aromatisse immune to one of the most common anti-Trick Room tactics, Taunt. Aroma Veil also protects its teammates from Taunt, meaning that even if it cannot get Trick Room up, there is a good chance that its teammates will be able to. Healer is also an viable option, though,(RC) as most opponents will not Taunt Aromatisse in the first place in the fear of Aroma Veil due to it possibly having Aroma Veil, and it can be helpful for removing burn from the likes of Mega Mawile and Escavalier. Do note, however, that once Healer has been revealed, your opponent can will have an easy time stopping Aromatisse with Taunt. Safety Goggles is the preferred item to beat sleep, another common anti-Trick Room tactic. Sitrus Berry can be helpful, however, to help keep Aromatisse in the match for longer, though it does make it more vulnerable to Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Venusaur. The EV spread with a Relaxed nature allows Aromatisse to survive Life Orb Bisharp's Iron Head, helping ensure that Trick Room is set up. A Relaxed nature and 0 Speed IVs also further lowers increases its Speed to speed it up in Trick Room, allowing it to move before Pokemon like Amoonguss when Trick Room is in effect. 0 Speed IVs are used to make it as slow as possible, allowing it to move before Pokemon like Amoonguss under Trick Room.

Usage Tips
==========

Aromatisse usually functions best as a Trick Room lead due to its ability to almost guarantee that Trick Room goes up. It does not have to lead, however, and can set up Trick Room later in the game if need be. If led with, Aromatisse can also set up dual screens while its partner sets up Trick Room under the protection of Aroma Veil. If a possible Fake Out user is on the opponent's side of the field, Protect should be used in order to avoid it. It's also best to try to set up Trick Room as soon as possible in order to assist teammates immediately. If Sitrus Berry is used as the item, make sure to be careful of possible sleep inducers, and if Healer is used, make sure to be careful of potential Taunt users. Aromatisse is a Pokemon that should be played very actively, switching in and out to replenish Trick Room and dual screens.

Team Options
============

Slow Pokemon such as Heatran, Aegislash, Conkeldurr, Mega Mawile, Azumarill, Escavalier, and Mega Abomasnow make good partners as they can use Trick Room to its fullest extent. Heatran and Conkeldurr can also defeat Steel-types with their super effective STAB moves, making them even more helpful. Other Trick Room setters such as Cresselia, Reuniclus, Jellicent, Slowking, and Dusclops are also good partners for this set, as they can set up Trick Room after Aromatisse has fainted, and also appreciate the Aroma Veil support brought by Aroma Veil. Fake Out support from the likes of Hitmontop and Scrafty is helpful, as it can neuter a Pokemon who that could possibly KO Aromatisse. Rage Powder and Follow Me support from Amoonguss or Jirachi fall in a similar boat,(RC) as they draw attacks away from Aromatisse, allowing it to set up Trick Room with greater ease. Lastly, Steel-type Pokemon like Heatran, Aegislash, Ferrothorn, and Escavalier make good partners, as they can easily absorb the Steel- and Poison-type attacks that trouble Aromatisse, while Aromatisse can take the Fighting-type attacks they hate.

Other Options
############

Dazzling Gleam is an option to hit both opponents, though it's laughably weak being a spread move and coming off of Aromatisse's low Special Attack. Wish,(RC) in combination with Protect,(RC) can be used for healing, though it takes up a support moveslot, forces Aromatisse to Protect after it uses Wish, and isn't the most reliable move in general. Another form of healing can be found in ChestoRest, though it only works once, and forces Aromatisse to give up Safety Goggles or Sitrus Berry. Light Clay can extend the span duration of Light Screen and Reflect, though Aromatisse once again must give up Safety Goggles or Sitrus Berry in order to use it. Misty Terrain is an interesting option, as it prevents status moves and weakens the power of Dragon-type moves. Aromatherapy is another option that heals status. Rain Dance or Sunny Day can be used for weather teams, though Cresselia usually performs this role better due to its higher bulk and Speed. Draining Kiss can recover HP, though it's extremely weak and doesn't recover very much. Calm Mind can be used for boosting, though Sylveon almost always performs this role better. An offensive Life Orb or Choice Specs set can be used to catch the opponent off guard, but once again, Sylveon is usually the better option for this role.

Checks & Counters
##############

**Offensive Type Advantage**: Offensive pressure is easily the best way to stop Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room. Pokemon such as Aegislash, Amoonguss, Mega Mawile, Escavalier, and Mega Scizor do very well in Trick Room and can do a lot of damage to Aromatisse. Heatran can set up a Substitute on Aromatisse with ease, while Choice Band Bisharp can OHKO with Iron Head. Jirachi can reverse Trick Room, use Follow Me to redirect Moonblast, and hit Aromatisse with a STAB Iron Head. Mega Gengar traps Aromatisse and hits it with Sludge Bomb, while other Pokemon,(RC) such as Genesect, Venusaur, and Metagross, can threaten Aromatisse with a powerful Iron Head, Sludge Bomb, or Meteor Mash, respectively. Overall, anything with good power, recovery, and a neutral typing will usually beat Aromatisse 1v1.

**Utility Moves**: If Aromatisse is not running Safety Goggles, sleep-inducing moves from the likes of Amoonguss, Breloom, and Venusaur can stop Aromatisse quite easily. Fake Out can also stop Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room as well as stall Trick Room turns, with notable users being Mega Kangaskhan, Hitmontop, Scrafty, and Ludicolo. Opposing Trick Room users such as Cresselia can reverse Trick Room in a single turn.

gj buddy :>

GP 2/2

Last edited:
LightningLuxray
add or change
remove

comments
Overview
########

Aromatisse is one of the more reliable Trick Room setters in Doubles for a number of reasons. The first is its great ability, Aroma Veil, which provides itself and its teammates with an immunity to Taunt, a common way of stopping Trick Room. When In combination with Safety Goggles and its good bulk, this makes it very hard to prevent Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room. Secondly, its defensive typing gives it helpful resistances to Dark- and Fighting-type attacks as well as very few weaknesses, making it even harder to stop. Its Aromatisse's low Speed helps Aromatisse it a lot because it allows for it to be quite fast under Trick Room. Finally, its access to helpful support moves such as Heal Pulse, Reflect, and Light Screen means that it's quite capable of supporting its team.

Trick Room
########

Moves
======

Trick Room is the focus of this set, as Aromatisse's helpful ability, typing, and stats make it one of the most reliable setters in the tier. Moonblast is a reliable STAB move, and is preferred over Dazzling Gleam due to how weak Dazzling Gleam is coming from Aromatisse. Heal Pulse is great for healing teammates without reliable recovery, such as Heatran, Conkeldurr, and Escavalier, who that tend to find themselves getting worn down easily. If Heal Pulse is not being used, Reflect or Light Screen can be used in the third spot slot. The choice is up to the user to decide what their team needs more, with each boosting the team's Defense or Special Defense, respectively. Protect is an extremely important move, as it scouts for Fake Out, punishes double targeting, and also adds to Aromatisse's longevity.

Set Details
=========

Aroma Veil is the preferred ability, as it makes Aromatisse immune to one of the most common anti-Trick Room tactics, Taunt. Aroma Veil also protects its teammates from Taunt, meaning that even if it cannot get Trick Room up, there is a good chance that its teammates will be able to. Healer is also an viable option, though,(RC) as most opponents will not Taunt Aromatisse in the first place in the fear of Aroma Veil due to it possibly having Aroma Veil, and it can be helpful for removing burn from the likes of Mega Mawile and Escavalier. Do note, however, that once Healer has been revealed, your opponent can will have an easy time stopping Aromatisse with Taunt. Safety Goggles is the preferred item to beat sleep, another common anti-Trick Room tactic. Sitrus Berry can be helpful, however, to help keep Aromatisse in the match for longer, though it does make it more vulnerable to Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Venusaur. The EV spread with a Relaxed nature allows Aromatisse to survive Life Orb Bisharp's Iron Head, helping ensure that Trick Room is set up. A Relaxed nature and 0 Speed IVs also further lowers increases its Speed to speed it up in Trick Room, allowing it to move before Pokemon like Amoonguss when Trick Room is in effect. 0 Speed IVs are used to make it as slow as possible, allowing it to move before Pokemon like Amoonguss under Trick Room.

Usage Tips
==========

Team Options
============

Slow Pokemon such as Heatran, Aegislash, Conkeldurr, Mega Mawile, Azumarill, Escavalier, and Mega Abomasnow make good partners as they can use Trick Room to its fullest extent. Heatran and Conkeldurr can also defeat Steel-types with their super effective STAB moves, making them even more helpful. Other Trick Room setters such as Cresselia, Reuniclus, Jellicent, Slowking, and Dusclops are also good partners for this set, as they can set up Trick Room after Aromatisse has fainted, and also appreciate the Aroma Veil support brought by Aroma Veil. Fake Out support from the likes of Hitmontop and Scrafty is helpful, as it can neuter a Pokemon who that could possibly KO Aromatisse. Rage Powder and Follow Me support from Amoonguss or Jirachi fall in a similar boat,(RC) as they draw attacks away from Aromatisse, allowing it to set up Trick Room with greater ease. Lastly, Steel-type Pokemon like Heatran, Aegislash, Ferrothorn, and Escavalier make good partners, as they can easily absorb the Steel- and Poison-type attacks that trouble Aromatisse, while Aromatisse can take the Fighting-type attacks they hate.

Other Options
############

Dazzling Gleam is an option to hit both opponents, though it's laughably weak being a spread move and coming off of Aromatisse's low Special Attack. Wish,(RC) in combination with Protect,(RC) can be used for healing, though it takes up a support moveslot, forces Aromatisse to Protect after it uses Wish, and isn't the most reliable move in general. Another form of healing can be found in ChestoRest, though it only works once, and forces Aromatisse to give up Safety Goggles or Sitrus Berry. Light Clay can extend the span duration of Light Screen and Reflect, though Aromatisse once again must give up Safety Goggles or Sitrus Berry in order to use it. Misty Terrain is an interesting option, as it prevents status moves and weakens the power of Dragon-type moves. Aromatherapy is another option that heals status. Rain Dance or Sunny Day can be used for weather teams, though Cresselia usually performs this role better due to its higher bulk and Speed. Draining Kiss can recover HP, though it's extremely weak and doesn't recover very much. Calm Mind can be used for boosting, though Sylveon almost always performs this role better. An offensive Life Orb or Choice Specs set can be used to catch the opponent off guard, but once again, Sylveon is usually the better option for this role.

Checks & Counters
##############

**Offensive Type Advantage**: Offensive pressure is easily the best way to stop Aromatisse from setting up Trick Room. Pokemon such as Aegislash, Amoonguss, Mega Mawile, Escavalier, and Mega Scizor do very well in Trick Room and can do a lot of damage to Aromatisse. Heatran can set up a Substitute on Aromatisse with ease, while Choice Band Bisharp can OHKO with Iron Head. Jirachi can reverse Trick Room, use Follow Me to redirect Moonblast, and hit Aromatisse with a STAB Iron Head. Mega Gengar traps Aromatisse and hits it with Sludge Bomb, while other Pokemon,(RC) such as Genesect, Venusaur, and Metagross, can threaten Aromatisse with a powerful Iron Head, Sludge Bomb, or Meteor Mash, respectively. Overall, anything with good power, recovery, and a neutral typing will usually beat Aromatisse 1v1.

gj buddy :>

GP 2/2

Thanks! This has all been implemented, and the analysis is now Done ^.^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)