1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Aron

Discussion in 'Global Battle Union' started by Ashenlock, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Ashenlock

Ashenlock

Probably the easiest battle-ready Pokemon to obtain, it's Aron! Formerly even its final evolution stage wasn't much to gawk at metagame-wise, but in Gen V Aron can give the unprepared player quite a surprise. Behold!​

[​IMG]
    Aron #304

HP: 50
    Atk: 70
    Def: 100
    SpA: 40
    SpD: 40
    Spe: 30
    Show Hide

PHP:
    Level-Up Moves

-- Tackle
    Lv4 Harden
    Lv8 Mud
    -Slap
    Lv11 Headbutt
    Lv15 Metal Claw
    Lv18 Iron Defense
    Lv22 Roar
    Lv25 Take Down
    Lv29 Iron head
    Lv32 Protect
    Lv36 Metal Sound
    Lv39 Iron Tail
    Lv43 Autotomize
    Lv46 Heavy Slam
    Lv50 Double
    -Edge
    Lv53 Metal Burst

Machine Moves

TM01 Hone Claws
    TM05 Roar
    TM06 Toxic
    TM10 Hidden Power
    TM11 Sunny Day
    TM17 Protect
    TM18 Rain Dance
    TM21 Frustration
    TM26 Earthquake
    TM27 
    Return
    TM28 Dig
    TM32 Double Team
    TM37 Sandstorm
    TM39 Rock Tomb
    TM40 Aerial Ace
    TM42 Facade
    TM44 Rest
    TM45 Attract
    TM48 Round
    TM65 Shadow Claw
    TM69 Rock Polish
    TM78 Bulldoze
    TM80 Rock Slide
    TM87 Swagger
    TM90 Substitute
    TM94 Rock Smash
    HM01 Cut
    HM04 Strength

Egg Moves

Body Slam
    Curse
    Dragon Rush
    Endeavor
    Head Smash
    Iron Head
    Screech
    SmellingSalt
    Stealth Rock
    Stomp
    Superpower

Gen IV Tutor Moves

(Pt/HG/SSAncientPower
    (Pt/HG/SSEarth Power
    (Pt/HG/SSEndeavor
    (Pt/HG/SSFury Cutter
    (Pt/HG/SSIron Defense
    (Pt/HG/SSIron Head
    (Pt/HG/SSMagnet Rise
    (Pt/HG/SSMud-Slap
    (Pt/HG/SSRollout
    (Pt/HG/SSSnore
    (Pt/HG/SSSpite
    (Pt/HG/SSSuperpower
    (Pt/HG/SSUproar
    (HG/SSHeadbutt

Aron -> Double Battles

->Endeavor<-

Aron @ Shell Bell / Berry Juice
    SASSY (But whatever, really)
    +Sturdy+
    (0 HP IV)
    -Endeavor
    -Sandstorm
    -Protect
    -Toxic

As simple as it gets: have sandstorm up, get hit, go down to 1 HP, Endeavor the foe down to 1 HP, drink up its health back to full HP, and watch sandstorm whittle away that one HP on the opponent.

This set could theoretically last forever, but there are plenty of problems. The existence of Ghost-types, Mold Breaker Pokemon, health-sapping statuses, and multi-hit moves are the main stipulations in Singles; in Doubles, the knowing opponent can set both his Pokemon on Aron and KO it before it gets to Endeavor. That's why Berry Juice is an option: it guarantees that Aron will survive two ordinary, straightforward attacks.

Sandstorm and Toxic are almost fillers, because 95% of the time you are going to want to either Endeavor or Protect. In a 1-on-1 scenario, you have to have SOMEthing to hurt the foe besides Endeavor if you want to win. I'd just as soon leave the last slot blank so I can't misclick it, if that gives you an idea of how rarely I would actually use Toxic.
  2. Virizion

Virizion

Just saying that if you're ever going to use Berry Juice (or Oran with 11 HP), you're supposed to Toxic first, then Endeavor. The second turn of Toxic will do enough to KO them after an Endeavor. The only reason you should ever use Toxic/Sandstorm with Shell Bell is if you're using Aron in Rotations (unless if you're fine with letting him become useless, like at the end of a Singles battle or something), with a Wish-passer.
  3. CTNC

CTNC

Aron can't have HP lower than 12. My proof is Serebii's IV Calculator and the fact that all my Aron have 12 HP. (I have a lot of boxes filled with level 1 Aron :P)
  4. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

The nature doesn't really matter for Aron actually because really, what's the point? I'd rather use Timid, for the lulz.
  5. DreamTalon

DreamTalon

Effective way to surprise people. I think there isn't much to do with Aron, as it is a FEAR pokemon. just but in in Trick Room/Sandstorm, and let it do what it does best. Piss people off.
  6. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

I fought one of these today in a doubles match. Some japanese dude with 2000 something wins used this as one of his leads, but minus the Berry juice. Unfortunately for him the combination of Fake Out + any attack stopped him from even using it.
  7. soul_survivor

soul_survivor

I found aron very effective when paired with nape/vile. Both have really fast fake outs and the all important feint. Usually its fake out 1, endeavor the other. Weavile is especially fit for being a partner to aron for dealing nice damage to ghost.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)