1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Art Best Served Cold

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by icay4321, Nov 8, 2010.

1. icay4321

icay4321

Hi, I'm icay4321. You may have noticed that I really like to lurk around this art forum. Well, I decided to ost some of my pictures. I hand draw all of this stuff on paper and then scan or take pictures of it all. I don't have any fancy software or a tablet, so that's about as good as it is gonna get. I hope you all enjoy

Show Hide

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. gookie

gookie Administrator
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Your grasp of proportion is pretty off dude, to attempt to better grasp it copy directly off official art / good fanart and sketch instead of using solid lines, constantly correct your work along the way and refer to the original.
  3. Bucky

Bucky

POPPYCOCK! I riek it!
  4. chocolate-kipp

chocolate-kipp

Proportions are for elitists.

I really love how you draw your legendaries! I fail so miserably I don't even try, lol. I do agree with Poppycock about sketching though, since if you mess up it's really easy to go back and fix it.

/still forgets to sketch sometimes ahem

I'll be lurking here from now on <3
  5. icay4321

icay4321

Thanks for the criticism Poppycock, because yeah, after I uploaded them, I thought they looked pretty bad. I only really like Shedinja...

Bucky: Lulzwat?

Kipp: I'm glad you like it:)

EDIT: Just drew this one, and maybe I should stop scanning these things; pencil doesnt show up very well...

[​IMG]

EDIT2: Can I double-post in my own thread, lol? Colored version of the one above this:
    [​IMG]
    Critiques/comments/guides on how to do this stuff on the computer would be helpful. The best thing I have for software is GIMP, so anybody who can help with the computer aspect of it, your words would be appreciated.
  6. SEO

SEO

I used GIMP for a pretty long time before I upgraded to photoshop, and I can honestly say that GIMP has all the tools you need for awesome art! I would suggest taking a look at GIMP Paint Studio, or GPS. It is kind of like an user created upgrade that truly utilizes GIMP to its max potential. I would suggest getting a tablet, but if that is out of your reach I would also suggest you look up tutorials on youtube that explain the use of the line tool. With that tool you can make smooth line art without the use of a tablet! Good luck!
  7. icay4321

icay4321

Thank you! And I shall be sure to look into the things you suggested. Sadly, there are some other things that I'd like to buy before a tablet, but I do intend to get one eventually...
  8. PurpleMush

PurpleMush

Your shedinja is fucking sweet cock. :p
  9. Shiny Mew2

Shiny Mew2

I like your Shedninja
  10. icay4321

icay4321

Thank you! I imagined that it got tired of surviving all these hits, so it dropped it's focus sash(even though that's not how it works in the game, lol)
  11. icay4321

icay4321

I'll just leave this here:
    [​IMG]
  12. UltimateKirbyFan

UltimateKirbyFan

I really liked the way you draw lugia's head! While your first drawings were not quite in proportion, you Shedinja and Sableye are beast! Keeppp working! Here's one little suggestion I have, the Pokemon you draw seem to be slightly vertically stretched, try drawing fatter pokemon! =P But this is great art.
  13. icay4321

icay4321

14. icay4321

icay4321

Kirby, how does this look?
    Warning: Huge Lickilicky (open)
    [​IMG]

Big Foot isn't a monkey, it's a Noctowl...
    Big Noctowl (open)
    [​IMG]
  15. icay4321

icay4321

Not great, but here's a Cyndaquil... Was bored in Illustrator class.:/
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, what I get for 5 minutes in class...
  16. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

I really like the Shedinja! The Cyndaquil would be great if you erased the head outlines, but apart fromt hat it's certainly adorable! Joining the lurk!
  17. icay4321

icay4321

Here's a quick revision...
    [​IMG]
  18. icay4321

icay4321

Large Picture (open)
    [​IMG]

WIP

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)