Art for Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Articles in question:
A Guide to Common Battle Conditions
Opening the Door - A Guide to Entry Hazards
Uber Hazard Guide

The idea behind the image is to either pull a rocky background with spikes (regular and toxic) lying and hovering in the foreground, or to have a Forretress standing on the ground surrounded by all three hazards (placed by him, naturally).
sup

Edit: Changed a few details.

I ended up only using spikes, it's the move which best suits him imo. I figured this image could be used for Opening the Door - A Guide to Entry Hazards, while I'll make another image for A Guide to Common Battle Conditions tomorrow which will be showing spikes, toxic spikes and stealth rock within a square split in three parts.

However, Uber Hazard Guide only has 6 posts, OP included, with new posts taking from weeks to months to be made, so unless that article decides to pick up some speed, I won't be making an image for it.

I found some textures that I can use, so here's a more defined version of my Ubers threat list pic.

http://www.iaza.com/work/120106C/iaza11656273213000.png
The image was good enough before, but that texture really nailed it!

user: bummer contributing artwork to smogon.com

I cannot fully express the joy this fills me with :)

I dig the spikes piece!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
while I'll make another image for A Guide to Common Battle Conditions tomorrow which will be showing spikes, toxic spikes and stealth rock within a square split in three parts.
It has been done.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to mention what I wanted to do next.

I read the Double Battle Primer earlier, and I like the way it was written and how it managed to give me an appetite for double battles. So I figured I could draw two images for the parts 'Team Building' and 'Battle Strategy'. The idea for the first one would be best described with this PA strip, but with the team lined up in the background (yet to decide which pokes, feel free to recommend some) and the drill sergeant's mouth yelling up front. Idea for the latter would be two pokemon inspecting a map with icons and pointers, maybe even a whiteboard if I feel generous (preferrably two pokes who work well together in double battle).

Don't know when I'll get down to it, but I should at least have things done 1st February. It's nice to have a date so that I don't let this collect dust, so I encourage others to do the same.

I wanted to try something for the Breeding Guide (Part 2, since it the one that has more to be with the pokemon breeding between each other), so I did this

I tought it would be funny, but I don't know if it's complete yet (I just had an idea of putting the old guy from the daycare behing saying "I Don't know how it happened" or something like that)

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just posting to say I haven't forgotten about the Baton Pass article I said I was doing artwork for. I'll be doing that, as well as the chaining guide art.

i'm not claiming the 5th Gen UU Speed Tiers, but if i were going to, would i put the title: UU Speed Tiers in the piece? and would i just put the 3 fastest pokemon or something?

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I guess this would go here, but I'd like to request a picture to be done for the Wacky Wi-Fi tournament series.

The idea is Diversity Cup, so I'd like to have Jynx, Smeargle, Blaziken, Roserade, and Jellicent (Male) all in a row in a picture like this.

This is for onsite

I guess this would go here, but I'd like to request a picture to be done for the Wacky Wi-Fi tournament series.

The idea is Diversity Cup, so I'd like to have Jynx, Smeargle, Blaziken, Roserade, and Jellicent (Male) all in a row in a picture like this.

This is for onsite
Sounds fun to draw, I'll definately give it a go!

The idea was to have a Bronzong and Gigalith with speed lines behind them flying about above or around a Deoxys-S and Starmie, who are slowly trying to crawl across the floor.
Proof of concept/activity (obviously wip, also changed the included pokemon)

I have an idea for the 5th gen RNG article, though it would work for other RNG articles too (I may have missed them when looking through).

The idea is simple:
A trainer is walking through a route and all the pokemon there are shiny.

I thought it might be a good way of representing visually the ridiculous odds which RNG creates, as it were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)