Art for Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Idk where else to post this, but I'm here begging for some merciful artist to provide some cool art that can be used for my Standard Doubles metagame. It would be nice to have a fanciful logo to accompany all threads pertaining to this playstyle :>

I will be forever thankful for any art contribution for this budding metagame!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Since I have a ton of free time for the holidays I decided to produce another one for Guide to Sun in BW NU. It is still a WIP.

Torkoal is a fine choice, but why does Flannery have to be in the image? I'm well aware it's her signature pokémon, but since that article is about the use of Sunny Day, I'd rather remove her entirely and show Torkoal doing what he does well: inducing clear skies.

The Torkoal could use some more details, or a somewhat different pose than the official art, so that it doesn't look so traced.

Idk where else to post this, but I'm here begging for some merciful artist to provide some cool art that can be used for my Standard Doubles metagame. It would be nice to have a fanciful logo to accompany all threads pertaining to this playstyle :>

I will be forever thankful for any art contribution for this budding metagame!
And how would such a logo look like? Would it have pokémon, or just the text along with some symbols and effects? If pokémon are to be in it, then how many, and what are suitable examples?

Flesh out the request and people might better know what you're looking for.

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well I was thinking a logo similar to the Hub logos for OU, UU, RU, etc would be cool - some Pokemon with nice fonts that say "Doubles." I preferably want four Pokemon with two Pokemon facing off another pair of Pokemon. Some safe Pokemon choices for this logo would be Thundurus-I (Prankster T-Wave), Cresselia (Icy Wind hitting both enemies or Trick Room), Landorus-T (Intimidates both opponents), Abomasnow (Snow Warning & Blizzard hitting both enemies), Hitmontop (Intimidate like Landorus-T, Wide Guard protects both pair from spread moves, and Fake Out), Zapdos (Discharge spread move and Tailwind), and Skymin (a noble mon in this tier that is not allowed in VGC; speedy flinch hax). I'll ask the rest of the crew what they would like to see, but this should be a good start for ideas i hope ;x

Torkoal is a fine choice, but why does Flannery have to be in the image?...

...The Torkoal could use some more details, or a somewhat different pose than the official art, so that it doesn't look so traced.
Why you hating on Flannery? lol. JK. It was a WIP, but I took your adivice and started Torkoal from scratch. I decided to draw Torkoal using what I imagine to be lava plume. Hope you enjoy this one.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello hichez! Sorry for the late notice; I've already reserved the NU Sun article to do art for some time ago, I'll still be doing it, but macle didn't have that in the OP u_u ! With his permission, the Torkoal art will be used instead for the NU Threatlist if you're okay with that! :) Let me know soon!

Also I'll upload the Alakazam art to the article as well soon along with Torkoal if you're okay. Good work on the art and thanks for giving this a hand! :) Hope to see more from you too ^_^!

Pocket

So us peeps at #doubles talked about some logo ideas for our budding meta Smogon Doubles - and we have reached a conclusion: a Victini riding on a Cresselia! The latter is a no-brainer, since it's one of the most popular Pokemon in Doubles, while the former was a non-VGC Pokemon that we wanted to include in our logo!

Here's the convo for more information. If any of your Smeargle artists can do this for us, we will be really really happy :>

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So us peeps at #doubles talked about some logo ideas for our budding meta Smogon Doubles - and we have reached a conclusion: a Victini riding on a Cresselia! The latter is a no-brainer, since it's one of the most popular Pokemon in Doubles, while the former was a non-VGC Pokemon that we wanted to include in our logo!

Here's the convo for more information. If any of your Smeargle artists can do this for us, we will be really really happy :>
Alright so I'm going to try my hand at this. Hopefully, I'll be done with it today.

Pocket

Bummer you are one of my most favorite users, you know that?!?

Make sure the logo is Smogon Doubles NOT standard doubles ;x

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After discussing with macle, I've uploaded hichez's art to Risk/Reward and NU Threatlist. hichez if you see this and you want to relocate the art, do let us know and we can do that~ :)

Also, thanks macle for updating the OP! ^_^ Whatever's in the OP is free for reservation unless stated otherwise~~ thanks! :)

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
If no one has taken it up again, can I reserve the Status in Black and White article? My idea is to depict a liepard, one of the trolliest pokemon around, paralyzing and confusing her opponent (either eelektross, musharna or gothitelle), thus giving an example of both status and pseudo status effects.

andrew3391 said:
If it's still available, I'd like to submit this picture for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the D/P battle tower
Definitely not a bad image in execution, but in concept I'm a little confused.

What do tropius and ambipom have to do with the battle tower? Why are they playing a wii game?

There are some very famous battle tower strategies and pokemon, and a lot of history and effort put into those top records... tons and tons of fine-tuning and absolutely crazy stories there. DPP Battle tower battle tower, when it was in full swing, was intense tbh-- and I don't just say that because I had a record on our leaderboard ;)

I think it'd be beneficial both to people looking to get into and learn about the DPP battle tower-- as well as the people who have participated in it on this site-- if the image for the article reflected the subject matter just a bit more closely!

I think it's absolutely awesome of you to pick up an article on a whim like this, and I definitely wouldn't throw away that image or anything-- there might be a place that it fits better-- but I'm not positive this is the best place for it!

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
lol alright you got me, I haven't personally played D/P battle tower. I was scanning through the articles, already had the image, and was trying to find something that fit. Thank you for the feedback, and I'm glad you like the picture :D

While I may not be all that good with the metagame references I think I can do illustrative pieces for the sake of illustration... although I don't think I've never seen anthromorphic monz on The Smog before. Wait, is this for The Smog, or ANY article?

sandshrewz

POTATO
While I may not be all that good with the metagame references I think I can do illustrative pieces for the sake of illustration... although I don't think I've never seen anthromorphic monz on The Smog before. Wait, is this for The Smog, or ANY article?
This is for articles on-site only, ie not for The Smog. The articles listed in the OP of this thread are open for reservations if you're interested :)! If you'd like to draw for The Smog, refer to this announcement! Thanks! :)

@andrew3391: I'll upload them if/when macle approves. Great art though! Thanks! :)

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus

Here is my meager submission. I think it's as done as it's gonna be. this is for the Status in B/W article

(previous post>>)Hello smogoneers of the art and article thread..I need some feed back on the piece I am working on for the BW status article. This piece will illustrate paralysis and the psuedo status effects of confusion and being trapped. It is almost done, but i have a couple questions such as what should I do for the sub's shading, completely shade him because he's in gothitelles shadow or partially shade, and how? I feel that if he becomes fullly shaded he'll be lacking some detail, but I want it to be as accurate as possible. Also, any thoughts on gothitelle and liepard's shading? I am also thinking of making liepard's fur darker because I did it before i colored gothitelle, and now that goth's colored im thinking darker liepard fur (the purple) would match better. Anyway, that is all for now.
PS, Gothitelle *is* doing the robot :P

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
has this article been taken? it's HGSS In-game tier list...I figured I'd do something simple with Ho-oh, machop, and totodile

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hello everyone! I'm Magistrum. I would like to contribute some art for your articles, if it's alright. Is Sketch Guide taken? I have a piece that might be okay with it:

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I'm actually in charge of doing art for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the D/P Battle Tower, but since I have no time to actually do it anymore, feel free to take it, andrew.

just posting this so there is no confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)