Art for Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, here's my submission for Intro to 4th gen wifi

Hope that's good enough for you folks. :)
While I can see why you wanted that text bubble, including text is still something unpreffered, although at least this time it works better as part of the situation. But as far as the art goes, I really like it! A relevant Gen IV mon with a wifi symbol taken advantage of to illustrate the article's point. Good work.

this is for the HGSS In-Game tiers article. I used one pokemon from each of the top three tiers: Scyther for Ubers, Mareep for Top Tier, and Venonat for High Tier.

Not really too sure what you were planning with their positions here, although Scyther does look annoyed about it. A more stanrdad approach would be to have them standing side by side, so while you'd lose out on creativity, there would be little room for misconceptions. I wouldn't object to have it on-site, but it could be better in some aspects,mainly Venonat and Mareep since their bodies look stretched instead of round like their art/sprites.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
what cuz it looks like he's a sheep f*er? damn I had a fleeting worry about that when I started but I had hoped it wouldn't shine through like that. oh well I will try something different :/ also will try for the cuter rounded look

Hello guys,

I know this is the art for articles thread, but Bummer told me I could come here with my request for art that will be in a Neverused thread. It consists of 4 pieces of art, 1 for each post done by the makers of the thread. The thread will be about giving replays to discuss certain sets and plays, asking for feedback after a match, everything to do with replays. I will make a description of each of them below;

The OP
In the OP we want to have a artpiece of Sawk, watching television while resting in a sofa. The television screen will have to display a "Play Button", this way we'll see it's about a replay. Sawk has had a hard day training, so he may lie down in the sofa, so it's best if he looks relaxed. If you have any other idea of how this should be, feel free to give an interpretation from your end. Any additions are welcome, as long as it's not too overwhelming. So we see Sawk with a remote control in the sofa, watching a television. In my opinion, it should be quite dark, with the screen giving off light on Sawk's face and body, because it's probably late at day, and watching television in the afternoon most likely will happen in a more darker setting, because it's kind of a must when you want to relax in front of the television I guess: you may alter this, if you think you can make it better by changing the mood a bit.

The First Post: FireMage's Particular Mon Part
FireMage's post is going to be about the particular mons explanations, so we had something in mind with Zangoose. Zangoose is a more solitary pokémon, so we went with that. Zangoose will be displaying his attack "Night Slash", in a way you can see how exactly he does it; it's up to you how you display this. The only other requirement is that he still looks cool and kinda angry as in his official art and that he wears a lab coat.

The Second Post: LivingRhino's Gameplanning / Risk Management Part
Well, for my post, I'm going to organise the posts that will handle gameplanning and risk management as a whole, so every replay that will talk about gameplan, team preview etc etc will be in my post. I had to choose my own mon, so I went with Sawsbuck, knowing it looks awesome when wearing glasses. The request for this post is fairly simple; it's a Sawsbuck, wearing a labcoat and glasses, standing next to a chalkboard with GAMEPLANNING written on it, while he's munching on some chalk. It may be a bit funny and over the top, as long as it's good art, I'll appreciate it. I would like it to be the Spring/Summer version of Sawsbuck. That's pretty much it.

Third Post: Treecko37's Feedback Post

Treecko's post will handle the feedback session, as it will help a lot if you have any questions about a subject in your replays. For this post, we would like to have a Gardevoir smiling friendly, helping up a fallen Spinda, because you know, they get dizzy alot. Gardevoir should be offering a hand to Spinda, with Spinda sitting on the ground, reaching or grabbing Gardie's hand. Spinda should look thankful or surprised, whatever feels more like it.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if anyone would have the time to contribute to this, as we're already done with our posts. The only things we need are the artpieces! So, if you have any questions, feel free to post them here, but rather vm/pm me or FireMage. So, already, thank you if you'd like to do this. I'm looking forward to the results! :D

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
^Rhino also mentioned that they have no issues with newer and/or upcoming artists taking a jab at any of those four images, so this is not something that concerns the studio's top artists. Open for all.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Here's a quick sketch I did of sawk for the OP on my lunch break. Just showing some progress and seeing if this is along the lines of what you are wanting

^Rhino also mentioned that they have no issues with newer and/or upcoming artists taking a jab at any of those four images, so this is not something that concerns the studio's top artists. Open for all.
Indeed, I forgot to mention that, thank you Bummer;

The art is for anyone who is willing to spend some time on the pieces. Open for all!

Here's a quick sketch I did of sawk for the OP on my lunch break. Just showing some progress and seeing if this is along the lines of what you are wanting
I showed this sketch to Treecko, and he just said "oh wow!", so I think we can say we're happy already.
It's also exactly as I had it in mind, so that's good too. So yeah, keep going Andrew! Thanks :)

Can I reserve the EV training in Emerald guide? I'll probably do an Aerodactyl using Rock Slide on a bunch of Zubat in the Cave of Origin, if that's okay.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
not my best, but this is for : Third Post: Treecko37's Feedback Post, originally posted by livingrhino

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
this is for livingrino's thread, the firemage's particular mon part...its a bit different than what i usually do so no biggie if you don't like it

here is a redo after looking at Bummer's suggestions...i cleaned up a lot of the lines, made the picture as a whole brighter, and repositioned the lab coat. hope this is a little better

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just posting to say I haven't forgotten about this thread!! I'll be sure to upload all art macle approves by this weekend! Thanks for the great art as well!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)