art-of-tennis's art thread

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I cannot imagine looking at the same picture for 30-40 hours . . . I barely have the patience to work with the same pick for 8-10 these days. koodos man, good stuff.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I live. Been busy with tennis team. Here's the sailboat done... sorta rushed, but I'm going to start bridgman group study with some friends. Pm me if you want in.

If you applied your photorealism skills to Pokemon pictures you would blow my mind.
To be honest, I've never tried. I probably could somewhat though. Maybe I will some time, but at the moment I need to get better at making photo realistic people. :pimp: As I said, I'm going to start doing some bridgman stuff. I'll post it here when I start, so once again, if anyone's interested please do speak up. :)

Hey doods. I'm back with more art.

Here's some stuff I've been doing.

This is just me sketching from a posmaniac model. It was before starting Bridgman.

I drew my foot with mypaint here. I LOVE that program. (and yes my foot is actually small, it isn't out of proportion. I wear a men's 8 0_0)

Start of my bridgman studies.

The rest of what I've done with my studies for now. MAN I love mypaint.

So uhh... sorry to disappoint you all with non-paintings, but this is what I've been up to. My drawing isn't all that frequent as it should be either. Being the best player on my tennis team takes up time.

Btw guys, the bridgman stuff is all me copying his drawings. That's why some of them are a bit odd...

I'm going from the "Bridgman's Complete Guide to Drawing from Life" book. There are definitely parts where I'm off though, so please do call me off on them if you see some.

Awesome stuff! Really you'd be my hero if you did a pokemon in the same way as your falcon :)

I know the time commitment would be huge but if you feel like it go for it i guess

Awesome stuff! Really you'd be my hero if you did a pokemon in the same way as your falcon :)

I know the time commitment would be huge but if you feel like it go for it i guess
Maybe when I get an assignment in my digital media class at school where i could do this, I will. For now I've decided to revert to drawing traditionally for awhile, since I'm sort of lacking there. :X I did however do this recently. http://art-of-tennis.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2zoyef Those were just some quick gesture drawings in a way that someone had told me I should try, and I have more stuff, it just needs to be scanned it... I've been super busy guys, sorry. My tennis season just finished up though, and I should be more free soon, especially with tennis going indoors now too. (so I don't get to teach anymore :( ) I am in an art foundations class at school now, but I'm kinda bummed that we aren't going to really paint.

Also, quick sidenote that I'd like to add, is I've been at conceptart.org a lot more lately. That's another reason why I haven't been here too much. If you haven't heard of it and want to get better at art, go there. I've really liked it since going there, with all of the free demos people do there and such. They have some pay workshops there too, along with a school, but I haven't checked them out yet. I already have decided that I want to attend that school someday though! It looks pretty sweet, with all of the people they apparently expose you to. Anyways, I'm not going to start advertising, just wanted to let you guys know about that.

If anyone here has used charcoal a lot, I'd love to hear what you have to say. I recently bought a pack of 24 vines of soft charcoal, and I want to learn to use it better. (it was only like $14)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)